Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Paul is some moanbag and a smart a##

Really beginning to annoy me

Jesus... lecturing people on life and education

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Has Aoife any recipes for pheasant?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,605 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Hazel is lovely, so easy to relate to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Karlos77

Paul's a total waster. He'll be back eating fried deli food in a few weeks. Can't believe he's 41. He looks 51.

Susanna, another useless contestant. Funny though. Unlike Paul, at least she has something going for her.

Agreed paul is a waster full of himself

Susanna is a character and she likes he food where paul just devours it

Hazel is lovely, so easy to relate to her.

Agreed she's a wonderful person fair play to her on the show and having to work nights at the same time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Fair play to Andrew

No further weight loss recommended

Anyone else find Katryin thomas annoying

You have to love Susana. And that friend of hers who walks with her.....she should get an award. She has the patience of Job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

inthehat wrote: »
    You have to love Susana. And that friend of hers who walks with her.....she should get an award. She has the patience of Job :)

PT getting free publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Fair play to Andrew

No further weight loss recommended

Did they say that his waist has gone from 41" to 34"? A massive well done to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Birdsong

PT getting free publicity.

Is she not her neighbour. Was delighted for Susanna

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Birdsong wrote: »
    Is she not her neighbour. Was delighted for Susanna

Yes but still getting free publicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

Paul knows it all. Though I felt he wasn't at his worse tonight. 4 other excellent leaders.

The show needs a follow up in August to monitor progress and also in the run up to Christmas before next year's show.

That's the most annoying thing for me, out of the last 3 years I can only remember last year's music teacher's cameo a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Yes but still getting free publicity.

Free publicity for being a good friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Arduach wrote: »
    That's the most annoying thing for me, out of the last 3 years I can only remember last year's music teacher's cameo a few weeks back.

Don't they normally do some kind of this year versus last year event so you get to see where they are? I remember a football match last year. Obviously can't do that this year with restrictions & distancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Paul is really coming across as a smart ar$e. I'm normally rooting for all the leaders but I really cannot warm to him at all or dare I say it I don't really care how he does, because I don't feel he really cares either how he does either.

Loving Hazel and Sharon more each week. They've really grabbed this opportunity with both hands, it's been difficult with family life and work, but they are both working very hard at the plan. Loved Hazel's daughter's reaction to her mum getting a card from the Limerick team (can't remember if it was football or hurling).

I like Susuanna as a person - but I think she lacks motivation for the show. I do worry that she'll go back to her old ways after the show and that will be it until something serious health wise happens to her.

So delighted for Andrew. I've been pleasantly surprised at much weight he's lost. Because he hadn't much to lose I thought he's drop a pound or two a week, the less you have to lose the harder and slower it can be. I think he's been a good leader to have on the show - many of us (myself included) are classed as overweight but not clinically obese, it can be done and it is important to learn about maintaining. I just hope he seeks or continues on with therapy to deal with his past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

Don't they normally do some kind of this year versus last year event so you get to see where they are? I remember a football match last year. Obviously can't do that this year with restrictions & distancing.

But they are usually no close ups and they're well padded. You can never really tell how they're doing. You need a bit of time bfor each individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Arduach wrote: »
    But they are usually no close ups and they're well padded. You can never really tell how they're doing. You need a bit of time bfor each individual.

I vaguely remember them doing that though interspersed with them showing the match. Saying how much they'd lost since the show etc. I suppose to be fair to them, they're ordinary people who signed up for 8 weeks to be a leader so no obligation to give any kind of update once they're done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I vaguely remember them doing that though interspersed with them showing the match. Saying how much they'd lost since the show etc. I suppose to be fair to them, they're ordinary people who signed up for 8 weeks to be a leader so no obligation to give any kind of update once they're done.

I'd say if you kept the weight was off and were living "your best life" you'd have no problem doing the update. ...anyone doing the show in the last few years knows what attention you are likely to get.

The thing is I don't think the majority of contestants get that "eureka" life changing epiphany. Routines start to slip, old dinner meals return etc and the weight and usually extra returns.

I enjoy the show, the same with "biggest loser" I get behind contestants and enjoy them achieving their goals. However I do think the majority should also be in therapy before and after the show especially if they "comfort eat" to the extent that they are severely overweight.

There's a massive difference between a comfort eater and someone who has gained weight as their lifestyle changed as they got older.....I'm thinking of the guys that played football up to college, maybe got injured, started working full-time, pints at weekend , sedentary life, metabolism slowing down and suddenly there's an extra stone or two that was never there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

You can follow some of the contestants from previous years on instagram.

I like the variety of contestants this year.
    I like Paul’s honesty and the interactions with his family. He’s just being straight.
    But I see a lot of myself in Paul. I’m a plain eater too and wouldn’t be interested in a lot of the recipes and ingredients proposed by the show.
    If you don’t cook/eat that kind of stuff, you won’t be able maintain the OT diet. He’s right to look for ingredients he can stick with.

Am enjoying this years show. Love that you can literally see the changes in some of the contestants faces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭DenMan

Watched the newest episode last night. First week it was great for all the leaders I believe and well done to them all. Is that Andrew's weight loss finished for the series now? They seemed to indicate that last night and not just for the week. He's done fantastastic. Well done to Hazel especially as she has to juggle working nights and how that disrupts your bodies metabolism. I hope Paul continues to keep up the changes once the shows finishes. He's a funny lad, however isn't fully commited and doesn't take it seriously imo. His attitude stinks, it's the equivalent of going back to the doctor and refusing to take the medicine when it's been specially selected for him. You want to see the changes, you stick with the programme, it's a simple as that. No short corners to be taken and chopping and changing the meal plans just because they don't suit you. His bull$hit excuse of not wanting to use the microwave just screamed of petulance imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Yes, I think it was the guy who was a paramedic, from Donegal. His wife was cooking some of her native dishes, and got upset when Aoife arrived at the house. She felt it was a criticism of her cooking.

That was one of the worst things on the show to date.

It was a criticism of her cooking for her child - Aoiife said the child should be eating the same meals, at the same time as the Paramedic to encourage him.

A three year old kid and a morbidly obese man.

Foolish.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

DenMan wrote: »
    Watched the newest episode last night. First week it was great for all the leaders I believe and well done to them all. Is that Andrew's weight loss finished for the series now? They seemed to indicate that last night and not just for the week. He's done fantastastic. Well done to Hazel especially as she has to juggle working nights and how that disrupts your bodies metabolism. I hope Paul continues to keep up the changes once the shows finishes. He's a funny lad, however isn't fully commited and doesn't take it seriously imo. His attitude stinks, it's the equivalent of going back to the doctor and refusing to take the medicine when it's been specially selected for him. You want to see the changes, you stick with the programme, it's a simple as that. No short corners to be taken and chopping and changing the meal plans just because they don't suit you. His bull$hit excuse of not wanting to use the microwave just screamed of petulance imo.

I have still to catch up on this week's programme. Had a quick read of how they all got on this week. They all seem to have done well.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

That's true. And fair play to them, I know they want to do it, and hopefully it makes a difference for them.

But it takes courage, imo.

Some leaders you really take to and would like to know how they got on afterwards. There was a lovely couple from Cork, I think they were in the last series. I hope things kept going well for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭DenMan

Only two weeks to go now. I saw the ad on TV last night and the penultimate episode is on Wednesday night. The time has flown by.

Third time Susanna is up on the program

Disappointing for her

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Third time Susanna is up on the program

Disappointing for her

To be fair she isn’t really putting in the effort and seems very negative about exercise etc. It must be very disappointing for the trainersvv

Cork Lass wrote: »
    To be fair she isn’t really putting in the effort and seems very negative about exercise etc. It must be very disappointing for the trainersvv

That's true

She's not a great choice for a leader really

Still she put herself out there on TV and would expect to be doing better

Andrew lost 4lb

Unreal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

They're pretending to be unhappy just for the cameras

Advertisement