Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Third time Susanna is up on the program

Disappointing for her

Its disappointing for everyone else, she's just a lazy lump who doesn't deserve to be there, she'll be back to square 1 a month after it's over

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Its disappointing for everyone else, she's just a lazy lump who doesn't deserve to be there, she'll be back to square 1 a month after it's over

Hard to argue there really

• Registered Users Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Delighted for Hazel - she’s working hard at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

Love that kitchen!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Overall a good show

I'm not mad on Paul but he did very well this week

Was disappointed in Andrews attitude in the weigh in

Hazel and Sharon are mighty women

Both excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

And people wonder why previous years leaders don't want to do any kind of catch up when this awaits them online if they haven't done as well as expected.

Look I'm no big fan of hers and I think she could work a little harder at it but what happened to the be kind movement?

Anyway. Paul has actually grown on me throughout this as he's obviously putting the effort in despite the moaning at weigh in about certain aspects. I could understand Andrew's disappointment with the reaction - he's never been in this situation before in terms of maintaining and there's bound to some up & down. But just the wall of silence when his weight came up was a bit much.

Love Hazel & Sharon and they're doing so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

And people wonder why previous years leaders don't want to do any kind of catch up when this awaits them online if they haven't done as well as expected.

Look I'm no big fan of hers and I think she could work a little harder at it but what happened to the be kind movement?

I don't think it's unkind to call a spade a spade.

Lots of people applied to be leaders and she was chosen.

In theory she wanted to lose the weight get more exercise etc. One increase of weight in the season is unfortunate (and not uncommon especially in women depending on their cycle etc ) however 3 increases in what 7 weeks is just ridiculous.

At her size a decrease in portion size or increase in exercise would be enough for at least one pound to fall off each week. The two together you "should" be seeing more weight shifting.

She has been given the opportunity to get tailored medical/physical/mental and dietary advice....advice some people pay a fortune for and she's obviously ignoring every bit of it.

I can't help but think she's using this show to increase her profile among the african diaspora community here for some personal gain. I could be completely wrong but weight lose doesn't appear to be her end game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

I don't think it's unkind to call a spade a spade.

Lots of people applied to be leaders and she was chosen.

In theory she wanted to lose the weight get more exercise etc. One increase of weight in the season is unfortunate (and not uncommon especially in women depending on their cycle etc ) however 3 increases in what 7 weeks is just ridiculous.

At her size a decrease in portion size or increase in exercise would be enough for at least one pound to fall off each week. The two together you "should" be seeing more weight shifting.

She has been given the opportunity to get tailored medical/physical/mental and dietary advice....advice some people pay a fortune for and she's obviously ignoring every bit of it.

I can't help but think she's using this show to increase her profile among the african diaspora community here for some personal gain. I could be completely wrong but weight lose doesn't appear to be her end game.

I agree that you can call a spade a spade but calling someone a "lazy lump" is unkind. The way you've put it above, is not as it's just the facts. Lazy lump is an insult no matter what way you spin it.

I agree that she doesn't seem to have the motivation for the plan for whatever reason and that isn't great for others to follow. It maybe might make them rethink how they select leaders for next years show.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I'm surprised they haven't guided Andrew to work on his strength and conditioning. He clearly has energy and motivation to burn and they could help him channel, it instead of giving out to him for running.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

First Up wrote: »
    I'm surprised they haven't guided Andrew to work on his strength and conditioning. He clearly has energy and motivation to burn and they could help him channel, it instead of giving out to him for running.

Karl has no expertise or experience on that side of things.

• Advertisement

Then they need someone who does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

They do have bodyweight strength in their workout plans, on most days I think, and walks for the remainder of the week. It's just that he took to running so much and favours it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Agree with this. I actually dont think Karl Henry is a good expert on the show and have thought this for a number of series now. Its the same fitness routine the whole time and doesnt vary it much to suit the leaders. I wonder is Karl afraid of water as he is v slow to use swimming pools. For example, a few year back there was a guy on it who had lost a leg in an accident and his weight was causing issues with his knee. Not until half ways through the series until the poor man was in pain did Karl think of using water exercises in the pool.
    Also with suzanne. Yes shes lazy but i think if dance had been incorporated into her fitness routine it would have encouraged her more
    On the subject of Suzanna on 2 seperate weeks she has mentioned missing African food. Would it have been much work for Aoife to research healthy african food options for her?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

strandroad wrote: »
    They do have bodyweight strength in their workout plans, on most days I think, and walks for the remainder of the week. It's just that he took to running so much and favours it.

Biggest issue seems to be that he doesn't realise the benefit of having "easy" days. He seems to smash it every single day. This is always a huge issue with the new converts to exercise. They alluded to this in relation to overuse injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

I reckon they have given up on Suasana. The fact that she put on two lbs and they went on about how happy they are with that says it all.

They berated Paul a few weeks ago when he lost weight but not his target.

It's a shame really there are hundreds of people who would give anything to have been selected for the show and one place is wasted on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Paul - he's calmed down a bit this week but I'd say at this stage he's just counting down the days til OT is over.

Hazel and Sharon - I just love these two each week. I love how they've both become more kind to themselves. They are like new women compared to the start of the show.

Susanna - I want her to do well for her own sake but her heart is not in it. I would be concerned about her struggle with walking. Now last night you could see a difference in her posture and stance as compared to the start. But she really struggled after walking 500m, that's concerning.

Andrew - the OT experts don't know how to manage him at all! They made him feel awful. An extra 6 minutes of running does not drop you 4 lbs! (I f'in' wish!). My assumption is he was still following the OT plan and that's why he lost the weight, he's probably not eating enough but he doesn't know what else to do. I think (in my unqualified opinion) he need to be referred to a sports nutritionist and learn about macros, recovery, listening to your body etc. Lastly, when the experts told him to cut 2 exercise sessions from his plan this week - it really came across as punishment for losing weight when they told him not to, you could see he was gutted. Had they worded it as taking an extra one or two rest days in preparation for his OT5k it would have come across better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I reckon they have given up on Suasana. The fact that she put on two lbs and they went on about how happy they are with that says it all.

I agree. I think that they are only working on her fitness now. She could barely move in the beginning so the improvement is significant... if she sticks to her walks when it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Sounds like Karl is worried Andrew would beat him in 5k. Hope he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

On the subject of Suzanna on 2 seperate weeks she has mentioned missing African food. Would it have been much work for Aoife to research healthy african food options for her?
    It was touched on I think once where Aoife said they would look at incorporating African foods into her plan. A missed opportunity here IMO. It would have been really good for African Irish people watching the show and more sustainable for Susanna. I'd say they didn't bother in the end, Susanna has probably been supplementing some African foods into or in additional to the plan and it could be the cause for her weight gain. They haven't really shown her food or mentioned her food the last episode or two. The experts don't want to admit that they might have failed her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭Goose81

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    It was touched on I think once where Aoife said they would look at incorporating African foods into her plan. A missed opportunity here IMO. It would have been really good for African Irish people watching the show and more sustainable for Susanna. I'd say they didn't bother in the end, Susanna has probably been supplementing some African foods into or in additional to the plan and it could be the cause for her weight gain. They haven't really shown her food or mentioned her food the last episode or two. The experts don't want to admit that they might have failed her.

It doesn't matter what style of food you cook, a calorie is a calorie. she's just lazy and doesn't give a toss. Evidence by the fact of her just packing her plate until you couldnt fit anymore food on it in the first few weeks and laughing about it.

If she weighed her rice, chicken, beans and whatever else she is cooking and counted the calories there would be no issue, every packet says the nutritional info on it. Its not rocket science.

She's so big if she was working with a trainer not on this show she would have lost 2 stone at this stage easily, she's clearly cheating on what she is eating and should be called out for it on the show. You cant fake thermodynamics.

Its a real shame she got onto the show instead of someone else who would have made a huge change to their life and health.

• Advertisement

strandroad wrote: »
    I agree. I think that they are only working on her fitness now. She could barely move in the beginning so the improvement is significant... if she sticks to her walks when it's over.

I think they should seriously alter her fitness plan. Bring dance and fun elements to it would make the world of difference to her in a fun way. Pounding the pavement doesnt suit her personality type

Biggest issue seems to be that he doesn't realise the benefit of having "easy" days. He seems to smash it every single day. This is always a huge issue with the new converts to exercise. They alluded to this in relation to overuse injuries.

Then he needs guidance on a more balanced programme - including easy days but also mixing aerobic and resistance work. It isn't exactly an unexplored science.

The scary thing about andrew is people are trying to copt him seemingly he is friend with the influencer faces by grace who is stated recently shes going to try and lose 28lb in 28 days which is danagerous to do un supervised

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

Then they need someone who does.

Absolutely! They do need a strength conditioning coach on the series. Somebody that will help the contestants build up their stamina and endurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭Goose81

The scary thing about andrew is people are trying to copt him seemingly he is friend with the influencer faces by grace who is stated recently shes going to try and lose 28lb in 28 days which is danagerous to do un supervised

What exactly is scary about him or his transformation?

Hes averaged around 3.2 lbs a week which is s within a healthy weight loss range and perfectly fine and healthy. Hes done a great job and the absolute hysterics from the OT team are laughable. Karl Henry is just annoyed the guy is gona be in better shape than him by the final.

Whoever Grace the face is good luck to her trying to lose 7lbs a week, which if she does the majority will be water weight and not fat but if she is overweight it wont do her any harm trying and he cant take responsibility for some eejit proclaiming she's going to do that because of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

They definitely should have taken the opportunity to get your man andrew into weight training properly. He apparently lost 2 pounds of muscle this last week and was given out to -- what do you expect when you give a healthy man body weight squats and jogging as their only exercise while on "maintenance" calories which were clearly not correct

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

She is already at square one now? she will end the show the same weight she started

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Based on Karls running pace... I am not sure what his expertise is?

Goose81 wrote: »
    What exactly is scary about him or his transformation?

Hes averaged around 3.2 lbs a week which is s within a healthy weight loss range and perfectly fine and healthy. Hes done a great job and the absolute hysterics from the OT team are laughable. Karl Henry is just annoyed the guy is gona be in better shape than him by the final.

Whoever Grace the face is good luck to her trying to lose 7lbs a week, which if she does the majority will be water weight and not fat but if she is overweight it wont do her any harm trying and he cant take responsibility for some eejit proclaiming she's going to do that because of him.

I wasnt blaming him for his friends action but its scary people watching thinking jez i he doing great ill try what hea doing. There is a right and wrong way to loose weight and that varies amoung people and at what stage you of a weight lose journey you are at to maintain the long term benefits.He was asked to maintain and not loose any weight for a reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

How can you be a fitness expert nowadays and not have some sort of knowledge of weight training. It is probably the most popular now across both sexes.

Advertisement