Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hikvision-Pyronix v HKC for self-monitoring

Options
  • 10-01-2018 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone, just looking for a quick bit of advice. Am planning to get a wired self-monitored (GSM text only) alarm system installed & I have checked through many PSA installers. Most generally install a HKC 1070 unit.

One provider I am considering installs a Hikvision-Pyronix for their self-monitoring system, which we’d be getting but a HKC for their Garda monitoring system?

Is one brand superior to the other (ease of use, reliability, required maintainence) or is the Hik-Pyronix system been used in this case as it is more suitable for the self-monitoring by text. We’d be installing a few PIRs as well as the openings contacts so it’d be good to be able to switch the PIRs on while we’re in the house overnight, if this is possible with either unit.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Truth wins

Ainm1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just looking for a quick bit of advice. Am planning to get a wired self-monitored (GSM text only) alarm system installed & I have checked through many PSA installers. Most generally install a HKC 1070 unit.

One provider I am considering installs a Hikvision-Pyronix for their self-monitoring system, which we’d be getting but a HKC for their Garda monitoring system?

Is one brand superior to the other (ease of use, reliability, required maintainence) or is the Hik-Pyronix system been used in this case as it is more suitable for the self-monitoring by text. We’d be installing a few PIRs as well as the openings contacts so it’d be good to be able to switch the PIRs on while we’re in the house overnight, if this is possible with either unit.

I have the same question. Which one did you go with?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

OP your own post answers your question, there is a good reason why the vast majority of installers use HKC, it is the best out there.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ainm1 wrote: »

There are lots of brands out there...

Siemens Vanderbilt
    HKC
    GSD
    Pyronix
    Visonic
    GE/UTC (Aritech)
    Risco

These all conform to the same standard EN50131-1 as accepted across the industry. You will get some companies who are limited to one brand or one or two brands. My advice as always is shop around. Would you trust the guy in Harvey Normans who only wants to show you one TV.?
    There are some differences in features and in some cases a lot of differences in costs. Do some research and decide what you want not what your installer want to sell you.
    With PiRs its possible to have many preset options to turn these on or off for nighttime setting or when staying in . Also allowing for pets etc.
    Most good systems also have good CCTV integration also.
    If you have any more questions come back to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Truth wins

KoolKid wrote: »
    There are lots of brands out there...

Siemens Vanderbilt
    HKC
    GSD
    Pyronix
    Visonic
    GE/UTC (Aritech)
    Risco

These all conform to the same standard EN50131-1 as accepted across the industry. You will get some companies who are limited to one brand or one or two brands. My advice as always is shop around. Would you trust the guy in Harvey Normans who only wants to show you one TV.?
    There are some differences in features and in some cases a lot of differences in costs. Do some research and decide what you want not what your installer want to sell you.
    With PiRs its possible to have many preset options to turn these on or off for nighttime setting or when staying in . Also allowing for pets etc.
    Most good systems also have good CCTV integration also.
    If you have any more questions come back to us.

Thanks. Need you expertise on the below please.

I bought a Hikvision 4channel camera DVR system online. If I go with siemens intruder alarm, will it integrate with the cameras or do I need 2 separate apps to control.

Also, can you recommend an installer for CCTV I have bought and how much the installation will cost.

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have heard Siemens Vanderbilt say that Hikvision integration is coming. I have not seen it in operation though.
    GSD has very good Hikvision integration.
    You would need to shop around re your cctv. Most installers are not keen on installing equipment they are not supplying

• Advertisement
Advertisement