Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serving up Saorview HD

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I have used mine in two different Gb switches without problems so it is not a universal problem, thankfully.

I was surprised that it did not work, I tried multiple cables. I just couldn't get the two devices to handshake. My RPi which is also only 10/100 has no problem with the switch. I didn't investigate too much as I had another route that I used.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭meelick

meelick wrote: »
    Well, this is all going from bad to worse. The Digibit has bitten the dust. I had a 140mm fan on it keeping it nice and cool since I got it, so heat is not the issue. This evening it disappeared from tvheadend, and I've not been able to ping it since. network light keeps flashing on and off (and at the switch as well) so it looks like it's NIC has died. I've even reset to factory (hold reset until network led flashes once). Any ideas?

network cable - check with another.
    check whatever is managing the IP address ..... it might have changed the IP address of the digibit or maybe the digibit has reverted to its default address?
    I tried multiple network cables. It did have some success connecting to a 10/100 switch rather than a gig swithc, but that could have been pot luck, still unstable. Fails to come up half the time. 
    My central DHCP server has the mac of the digibit, so it gets a consistent IP. address. And I didn't see any new leases, so it looks like the requests are simply not getting onto the wire. 
    Once I switched out the power supply (it's a 5V 3A) for another (5V 4.1A), it seems to come up more often, but still not 100%. I think the box is faulty. I've looked at the amazon.de refund policy, and they'll refund me €11 of the shipping costs once they get the return. So I'll see how it performs ove the next few days, and if it's still unstable, I'll send it back for a replacement. They're a great wee box, I just want one that works. :) 
    Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

meelick wrote: »
    I tried multiple network cables. It did have some success connecting to a 10/100 switch rather than a gig swithc, but that could have been pot luck, still unstable. Fails to come up half the time. 
    My central DHCP server has the mac of the digibit, so it gets a consistent IP. address. And I didn't see any new leases, so it looks like the requests are simply not getting onto the wire. 
    Once I switched out the power supply (it's a 5V 3A) for another (5V 4.1A), it seems to come up more often, but still not 100%. I think the box is faulty. I've looked at the amazon.de refund policy, and they'll refund me €11 of the shipping costs once they get the return. So I'll see how it performs ove the next few days, and if it's still unstable, I'll send it back for a replacement. They're a great wee box, I just want one that works. :) 
    Dave.

Maybe if you get it to work once, then log into the Digibit over the web interface and set it to static IP address. Its worth a shot. I would be surprised if the NIC is foobared as it works sometimes .. sounds like a network config issue. Maybe some other device using the same IP .. i dunno .. try setting the IP to something static outside the DHCP range.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭meelick

Maybe if you get it to work once, then log into the Digibit over the web interface and set it to static IP address. Its worth a shot. I would be surprised if the NIC is foobared as it works sometimes .. sounds like a network config issue. Maybe some other device using the same IP .. i dunno .. try setting the IP to something static outside the DHCP range.
    I now have it plugged into a 10/100 switch rather than the 1G switch, and it seems to be booting OK. I switched it back onto the 1G for a test, no go, it kept rebooting after about a minute. Once I put it back onto the 10/100 switch, it came up fine. It did work previously with a different 1G switch, so it must be sensitive to what it's plugged into. Anyway, seems OK now. 
    Thanks,
    Dave.

Advertisement