Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CPA Exams and CTA Tax Technician

• 10-01-2018 12:18pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm studying at the moment for Formation 2 CPA exams to be taken in April. I'd like to get P1 out of the way in August, leaving me with P2 in 2019. I'm also considering the CTA Tax Technician Course run by the Irish Tax Institute prior to the CTA Tax Adviser Course and Diploma in Tax.

Is it worth while completing these courses while I am working and studying for the F2, P1 and P2 exams? If so, is there anyway to manage the cost, as my current employer does not pay for subscription fees, exam sittings and additional relevant courses?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 sunnyclare

L.Jenkins wrote: »
    I'm studying at the moment for Formation 2 CPA exams to be taken in April. I'd like to get P1 out of the way in August, leaving me with P2 in 2019. I'm also considering the CTA Tax Technician Course run by the Irish Tax Institute prior to the CTA Tax Adviser Course and Diploma in Tax.

Is it worth while completing these courses while I am working and studying for the F2, P1 and P2 exams? If so, is there anyway to manage the cost, as my current employer does not pay for subscription fees, exam sittings and additional relevant courses?

mmm Jenkins thats a long shot. I am not sure if someone can manage to do P1 and Ctax along with a full time (are you working full time or part time?)
    It is definitely worth doing it if you can hit the target.. at the same time keep the spirit up.

Whats your educational background? If you know IFRS's and IAS and Accounting concepts then you are fine , otherwise I would suggest to complete CPA before going for the CTAX.

You might have to take a personal loan towards the cost of doing these courses. I am not aware of any support.

All the best.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

sunnyclare wrote: »
    mmm Jenkins thats a long shot. I am not sure if someone can manage to do P1 and Ctax along with a full time (are you working full time or part time?)
    It is definitely worth doing it if you can hit the target.. at the same time keep the spirit up.

I am working full time, but the finances might not permit pursuing everything all at once. I am intent on pursuing a career in Accountancy and would find CTax highly beneficial in the long term.
    Whats your educational background? If you know IFRS's and IAS and Accounting concepts then you are fine , otherwise I would suggest to complete CPA before going for the CTAX.

Initially, a degree in Engineering, but I now have a Higher Cert in Business and Accounting also. IFRS and IAS is definitely something I know I need to study and review.
    You might have to take a personal loan towards the cost of doing these courses. I am not aware of any support.

All the best.

That seems like the only option. I think the first thing on my agenda this year, is the CPA F2 and P1 exams, with the P2 exams in April, all going to plan.

I suppose then I'll consider CTax in 2019.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 sunnyclare

You said it !
    All the best with your F2 exam prep.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Thanks Clare.

Advertisement