Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card machine debit card

Options
  • 10-01-2018 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi Im looking to get a card machine for my business I would have large transactions from €10-€1000+ but I dont have the turnover to be using the card machine frequently only for sales outside cork can anyone give me recommendations I have seen sum up which have no monthly charges but charge 2.95% on a transcation which is alot on 1000 €29.50 charge thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

For an infrequently used machine the transaction charge is always going to be high. If you work out roughly how much your yearly total is it might be worth going with one of the companies that have a monthly fee instead. If you search this forum this has come up loads of times in the past so you'll get a decent list of other suppliers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Check An Post

http://www.postpoint.ie/reduce-your-merchant-services-charges/

They partner with AIB/First data and machine rental is under €15/month. A mobile one is about €20/month.

Depending on volume, you can have debit card transactions at 5c + 0.2% and credit cards at 10c + 0.5%.

Their contract is just 6 months compared to 3 years with some places.

In many cases taking a debit card is cheaper than taking cash or cheques. In my business we far prefer debit cards than cash - bank charges 0.45% for cash lodged v 0.25% for debit cards (we're not with an post/aib)

Advertisement