Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet troll says crimes not serious

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭baylah17

Total scumbag
    looks like he never worked a day in his life!
    The DDP should appeal the leniency of the sentence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Former Boards.ie admin if I’m not mistaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Hope that guy has no access to any sort of rifle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

DeVore on his day off.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

The living embodiment of all internet trolls. If there was ever someone who belonged under a bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Looks like someone with serious mental health problems to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

baylah17 wrote: »
    The DDP should appeal the leniency of the sentence

I agree. But only after they appeal all the assaults, burglaries etc which result in no jail sentence. Then we can look at the internet hard-men.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Good looking bloke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Ted Plain

He looks a bit like Leonard Lawrence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Wow! Really???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Disgusting piece of ****. I think sometimes people, especially political figures, can over exaggerate comments on social media but this stuff was chilling. How would you not be impacted by that. He should have got a custodial sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

FTA69 wrote: »
    Looks like someone with serious mental health problems to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Glad he got no prison time..... can you imagine how much it would cost to feed that fat f##ker for a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

eviltwin wrote: »
    Disgusting piece of ****. I think sometimes people, especially political figures, can over exaggerate comments on social media but this stuff was chilling. How would you not be impacted by that. He should have got a custodial sentence.

Apparently death threats are the norm for anybody in the public eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

What had he got against her rat, I wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

The court was told the accused was living with his mother

Textbook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There was a program on one of the UK channels recently where some z-list celeb who herself was the victim of some particularly nasty online trolling took on investigations on behalf of others (non celebs) who had suffered similar fates.

They managed to track down a few of them in real life, and in each case, they didn't look too dissimilar to the piece of **** shown above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Chanel Prehistoric Neckerchief

Will 4 times unelectable Lorraine Higgins again try to push for internet censorship I wonder now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

What started it all I wonder? How did he come to make these threats initially?

This 'article' needs to explain the background.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Will 4 times unelectable Lorraine Higgins again try to push for internet censorship I wonder now

At least she puts herself up for election?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Good looking bloke

Quite the snappy dresser too.

Not at all what you'd expect an internet troll to look like;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Meme city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

you misread. the judge did not suggest that public representative should not be subjected to abuse and invective. he said they should not be subjected to "this kind of abuse and invective". "this kind" being death threats in graphic detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

That t-shirts seen better days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Internet hard-man living with his ma, throwing chilling invective at someone who has achieved more than he ever will (whatever you think of her policies).

A custodial sentence (while justified) isn't needed here - just a media spotlight on this sad little man to show the world what a complete fcuking loser and tosser he is will suffice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

one is a direct quote. the other is not. I cant believe you dont know the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I thank him for validating what I always felt was what an actual troll looked like in real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

There is free speech and there is death threats. Any death threat must be taken with the utmost seriousness.
    Any 'I was only joking' nonsense being irrelevant.

If a public rep actively uses facebook then they expect some feedback. If they are smart they will listen to the constructive feedback and criticism. Ideally that's how it works but as social media has shown there are a lot of angry, hateful people out there who think they can abuse and harass without consequences.

There are also those like this guy who think they can make death threats and actively harass people. He got off lightly but his comments about his behavior not being that bad makes you think it won't be long until he get's into serious trouble again. While the judge took no previous convictions into the sentence, anymore threats, to anyone and he's in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Reati

II%20GM%20French%201%20Read-Only.jpg

22fj9p.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Vronsky

True or are you winding us up?

Indo could have used a better picture tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Hope that guy has no access to any sort of rifle

kubrickfmj2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

kubrickfmj2.jpg

He’ll certainly have a case of the private piles though by the look of him!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭falinn merking

Don't worry boards have a replacement admin lined up already.

mike_home_office.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

The personal abuse of this poor guy is appalling. What exactly has his appearance got to do with anything, some on here are as guilty of online bullying as this young lad.

He’s been through the courts system, looks like some on here won’t be happy until he’s hounded into an early grave.

Mob justice is no justice.

minikin wrote: »
    The personal abuse of this poor guy is appalling. What exactly has his appearance got to do with anything, some on here are as guilty of online bullying as this young lad.

He’s been through the courts system, looks like some on here won’t be happy until he’s hounded into an early grave.

Mob justice is no justice.

The poor cretin getting abused online. Who would do such a thing even if he will never see it?

Rory28 wrote: »
    The poor cretin getting abused online. Who would do such a thing even if he will never see it?

Ah right, so it’s ok to kick people when they’re down, attack the unwell and vulnerable... just so long as it’s done behind their back, that’s a great recipe for a society alright. Bullying 101.

Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Ah right, so it’s ok to kick people when they’re down, attack the unwell and vulnerable... just so long as it’s done behind their back, that’s a great recipe for a society alright. Bullying 101.

He does not deserve your sympathy.

• Advertisement

He sent death threats and lucky for him the judge decided not to lock him up.

Now people online will make fun of him for a day or two my heart is breaking.

He does not deserve your sympathy.

I’ll decide that thanks, or do you think that decision should be made by a mob too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Malayalam wrote: »
    I must admit at first I laughed out loud. The state of him! He is archetypal.
    But when I read the article, it leaves me confused as to why he was let off so leniently. He caused a terrible amount of distress to that woman, and his comments were just vile. There is something calculated in them too, his description of a weapon, his claim of having passed close to her...there is a devilishness in the details. They do not appear to me to be the ravings of a person who does not know what they are saying, but that's just my take. Some people are bad, not mad, even if we prefer to call them mad. She must have been scared out of her wits.

Don't forget in 2016 a Labour MP got murdered by a similar sort of odd ball.

Social media is great when it comes to politicians because you can call them out when they do a bad job but ****ing hell this is not constructive criticism, its absolutely vile. Poor women. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Why do the paper call him an "internet troll"?
    Maybe the article author doesn't really know what an internet troll is but think anyone who uses the means of internet to attack another person is a troll.

He is not a troll but a weird freak posting threatening messages and should be in jail for death threats.

He sent death threats and lucky for him the judge decided not to lock him up.

Now people online will make fun of him for a day or two my heart is breaking.

I’ve no problem with condemning such actions, I just think it’s a better option to judge people on the content of their character rather than the content of their gut or wardrobe.

I’ll decide that thanks, or do you think that decision should be made by a mob too?

Why are you looking for an argument?

Why are you looking for an argument?

Trying to characterise a reasoned discussion as an argument is a strange way of putting your side of the debate.

Trying to characterise a reasoned discussion as an argument is a strange way of putting your side of the debate.

I havent got a side in this "debate". He is a scumbag deserving or ridicule. You can defend him all you like.

I’ve no problem with condemning such actions, I just think it’s a better option to judge people on the content of their character rather than the content of their gut or wardrobe.
    "I'm also going to put bullets up your f***ing a*** and watch you bleed like a river."In another email, seen by the Irish Independent, French refers to a Blaser R93 rifle and states: "I'm going to blow your big f***ing Jew nose right off," adding "nothing better than to fill a rat's mouth with lead".
    "When the time is right I'm not only going to fill your rat's mouth with lead, your rat's mouth is going to be so full of lead it's going to fly out the back of your neck…

"I'm also going to put bullets up your f***ing a*** and watch you bleed like a river."

As regards his appearance if he had of got out away from the computer instead of obsessing over his delusional crap he would not be so fat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I won't be having any personal digs at the guy as it's not really my style. Though I can't say I feel sorry for him, he sent very nasty emails that were much worse then even extreme trolling. In my opinion what he sent was just a threat and abuse, not trolling

I think prison would be too strong a punishment for a first time offense but hopefully it sends a strong message.

• Advertisement
Advertisement