Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non pretentious late night spots of Dublin

Options
  • 10-01-2018 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

So I'm heading out this weekend in town, normally I'd just go to a local (or mostly stay home!) and on the off chance I'd actually go into town, it would either be to a set place that someone else has set up or to a quiet pub sorta place. I actually have no idea where to go! I usually go somewhere with a good pint or a cocktail deal or something. Normally not places for dancing into the night.....

Wondering what people think are the non pretentious places to go for a drink and a dance in Dublin. We used to always end up in Club Nassau - I know the floor were sticky but the tunes were great and nobody gave a crap how many lip fillers you had or how much your handbag cost. I'd ended up in there in runners and jeans and we always had such craic.

Where is people's go to?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The Globe (with Ri-Ras) and Hogan's (downstairs club) both on George's St.
    Both are decent unpretentious pubs with decent clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭kg703

Ahhhh.... Ri Ras, I almost forgot about that place. Only one problem was last time I was there everyone elses eyes were dark and glazed ;)

Great music though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Whelans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

It's a pub more than anything else but Doyle's near Trinity is open late, music at talking level, doesn't get too mobbed, usually a few interesting tourists to chat to there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭mojesius

You can't go wrong with club Nassau OP ;)
    (Unless it's closed now, haven't been out in town in a long time)

Hairy Lemon is fairly decent as well crowd-wise but is more of a pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Grand Social would be a another non pretentious decent spot.

Yeah Club Nassau closed its sticky doors there last year. Such a shame. Thanks for the suggestions, can be hard to find a good spot these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭mojesius

kg703 wrote: »
    Yeah Club Nassau closed its sticky doors there last year. Such a shame. Thanks for the suggestions, can be hard to find a good spot these days!

Ah that's a shame. When I lived in town, we'd saunter in there for cheesy drunken midnight dancing. Never had a bad night in the place and the crowd were very friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

The Mezz is class

The Mezz is class

Never been but the band I had for my wedding play there on Wednesday nights I think. That would be my style of music alright but I'm out with ladies tomorrow, they'd be none too impressed haha!

• Advertisement
Advertisement