Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir.ie FTTH unavailable but fibreroll.ie says it is available?

Options
  • 10-01-2018 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Just wondering how often the listing of enabled FTTH addresses gets updated?

My address was enabled in the latest refresh on http://fibrerollout.ie/ (12th Dec) 
    but the eir web site is still telling me its unavailable at my address.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

djivide_ wrote: »
    Just wondering how often the listing of enabled FTTH addresses gets updated?

My address was enabled in the latest refresh on http://fibrerollout.ie/ (12th Dec) 
    but the eir web site is still telling me its unavailable at my address.
    Hi Djivide_,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

The maps are for illustrative purposes only and may not always be accurate I'm afraid.

Feel free to PM me your full name and account number and I can look into this for you. 

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭djivide_

I am not looking at the map i am using my eircode which openeir reports as having broadband products between 30 and 1000mb available at my address. I will pm you my eircode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

djivide_ wrote: »
    I am not looking at the map i am using my eircode which openeir reports as having broadband products between 30 and 1000mb available at my address. I will pm you my eircode.
    Ok no problem.  

I'll come back to your PM soon. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭djivide_

Just decided to talk to an eir chat representative and it turns out given the fact that I
    do not have an eir land line (virgin media customer) to get FTTH I would have to get
    a copper line installed before they can test what options are available at my address.
    This is absolute madness, how does eir expect to gain new customers with processes
    like this.

From the online chat :

representative
    [13:16:20]
    I checked and see that there is eir extreme broadband in your area. As no eir line is present at your address you'll need to place an order for installation and testing to confirm exact service at your address.

representative
    [13:16:24]
    The price for this line rental order is e25.78 per month and the contract period is for 12 months.

representative
    [13:16:28]
    Once it is active we can check the line connection and provide the available services to your address.

representative
    [13:16:30]
    It will be active within 3-5 business days.

You
    [13:18:10]
    so to get a eir extreme I have to have an old copper line installed, pay line rental on that first before i can even check if I can get eir extreme over fiber optic connection?

representative
    [13:18:40]
    Yes, <me>.

representative
    [13:18:46]
    eir provides a cooling off period of 14 days to its customers and this period starts only after the installation is complete.

You
    [13:18:50]
    that is madness.

representative
    [13:18:50]
    If there is no broadband service or if the speed is not up to your expectation, we can cancel this order without any additional charge.

You
    [13:19:40]
    ok thanks for your help <representative>, I can tell you given the process required I will not be an eir customer anytime soon.

You
    [13:20:10]
    it is madness that I have to get a copper line installed that I will never use before I can get a fiber optic line installed.

representative
    [13:20:12]
    Thank you, <me>

Advertisement