Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.308 Advice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

extremetaz wrote: »
    So scope OK, mod OK, shot by others with same results, variety of ammo tried, variety of rests used...

Action torqued well into the stock?
    Is she scattering or stringing?
    Rounds chamber and eject ok?
    Any visible case damage?

Seems to me you've done everything within reason to eliminate accessories or individual ability - dissapointing if it's the case, but I'd take her back and have her checked out.

Action torqued well into the stock? Yep
    Is she scattering or stringing? Nope
    Rounds chamber and eject ok? Yes
    Any visible case damage? I didn't check this but will this weekend

Thanks for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭alanmc

Did you get your Anschutz dialled in OP?

I think I saw you at the Midlands range last weekend.

alanmc wrote: »
    Did you get your Anschutz dialled in OP?

I think I saw you at the Midlands range last weekend.

Yep I was there and thanks to a helping hand from one of the guys here have her sorted... The main issues

Parallax Was way off. It also doesn't like the steel case stuff. A little too un predictable with it. It prefers the Fiocchi 150gr as do a lot of the lads on the range especially the ballistic tipped. Because the barrel is a 1/12 I will stick with 150.

Also going to give it a mother and father of a clean.... Hopefully all sorted know. I will be on the range tomorrow for another blast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭alanmc

Great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭LONG DRAG

Styer Scout in .308 cant go wrong.

• Advertisement

Yep had a prohunt in.243 and loved it was very accurate, but with the light barrel it heats up on a range

Advertisement