Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with receiving what was offered over the phone *warning- loooong post!*

Options
  • 10-01-2018 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

(Apologies for the superlong post)

Hi team Eir,

last october I received an email to say that the cost of my Eir phone/broadband package would be increasing- meaning I was able to cancel my contract without penalty. So I decided to move to Sky - who were offering a much cheaper deal for essentially the same thing. 
    Having moved to Sky I then received a phonecall from you to offer me a new better deal to switch back to Eir within my cooling off period with Sky. 
    On offer:
    • €40/month contract- fibre broadband, unlimited UK & Ireland landline and mobiles.
    • €100 cashback after the cooling off period with yourselves was done
    • That Eir would take care of cancelling Sky on my behalf so no need for me to let sky know etc. 
    [*]

Great- all sounded perfect- would ultimately be paying the same as I would have with Sky but I'd be getting a better call package, and my cashback. . . so I agreed to switch back.

This is when the issues started:
    • When I received my email confirmation of my new order- it said that my package was €46 a month and not €40 - as the email went to my junk mail it was 3 days before I saw this but called your customer services who said it couldn't be changed until the order had been processed and activated and to call back once that took place and that they'd change it then. 
    • my 14 day cooling off period with Sky ended say on the 11th of the month- Eir took over the line etc on the 10th- and I just decided to call sky that day to ask what I should do with the Router they had sent out--- only to find that Sky had no idea that Eir had taken back over the line, they'd had no contact from Eir at all- and had I called a day later that I'd have been liable for an early cancellation charge with Sky (essentially 12 months of charges!)
    • Once the order had been completed I called Eir again re: wrong contract price- to be told that they couldn't change it afterall that they would have to listen to the original phonecall to confirm that I had been offered €40 and not €46- this call took place on the 22/11 - and I was told that once the call had been retrieved and listened to, that your agent (Louise) would be back in touch (approx 28 days). 
    • almost 4 weeks after all had been activated etc I called eir regarding the cashback offer I was to receive after the cooling off period (14 days) had expired- only to be told there was nothing on my account notes to say I was offered ANY cashback deal- but that I was entitled to a free tablet. . . then it was €50 cashback- also on this call the advisor checked and told me i was on the €40 contract (so I figured that it had all been sorted and no one had contacted me)... anyway- I insisted that I was offered €100 cashback - so I was told again that they'd have to listen to the original call and get back to me. 
    • the following day i get an email to activate my cashback deal (yay!)- and once I went through the process - found that if was for €50 - called Eir AGAIN! - they would listen to my call but in the meantime complete the process for the €50- which I did. This time I was given a case number which I can forward on. 
    • my first proper bill from Eir comes in- surprise surprise- it's at €46! So once again I call Eir customer service- spoke to a very nice agent (Alan) - who said he'd credit my account with the overcharge- and tried to get through to Louise who was the person I had originally spoken to but alas she wasn't there- he'd leave a message with her to call me and if I hadn't heard from her by Monday to give her a call. 
    • Which I've done just today but sadly the call centre is too busy to direct me to a specific agent - which is fine. The agent I did speak to today read through my (now copious amount of!)notes and told me i could either wait for the call to be heard (which is now going on almost 2 months) or he could 'get me as close as possible' to what I had been offered on the phone. So once again a message has been left with Lousie although I won't hold my breath. 
    [*]

I am a pretty patient and laid back person I think- the not cancelling Sky I could get over and lesson learned there to do it myself next time... i just find it ridiculous that everything I had been promised over the phone in order to bring me back to Eir- has all been messed up!

Can someone from Eir please look into this and let me know exactly what is going on? 

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Dawney wrote: »
    (Apologies for the superlong post)

Hi team Eir,

last october I received an email to say that the cost of my Eir phone/broadband package would be increasing- meaning I was able to cancel my contract without penalty. So I decided to move to Sky - who were offering a much cheaper deal for essentially the same thing. 
    Having moved to Sky I then received a phonecall from you to offer me a new better deal to switch back to Eir within my cooling off period with Sky. 
    On offer:
    • €40/month contract- fibre broadband, unlimited UK & Ireland landline and mobiles.
    • €100 cashback after the cooling off period with yourselves was done
    • That Eir would take care of cancelling Sky on my behalf so no need for me to let sky know etc. 

[*]

Great- all sounded perfect- would ultimately be paying the same as I would have with Sky but I'd be getting a better call package, and my cashback. . . so I agreed to switch back.

This is when the issues started:
    • When I received my email confirmation of my new order- it said that my package was €46 a month and not €40 - as the email went to my junk mail it was 3 days before I saw this but called your customer services who said it couldn't be changed until the order had been processed and activated and to call back once that took place and that they'd change it then. 
    • my 14 day cooling off period with Sky ended say on the 11th of the month- Eir took over the line etc on the 10th- and I just decided to call sky that day to ask what I should do with the Router they had sent out--- only to find that Sky had no idea that Eir had taken back over the line, they'd had no contact from Eir at all- and had I called a day later that I'd have been liable for an early cancellation charge with Sky (essentially 12 months of charges!)
    • Once the order had been completed I called Eir again re: wrong contract price- to be told that they couldn't change it afterall that they would have to listen to the original phonecall to confirm that I had been offered €40 and not €46- this call took place on the 22/11 - and I was told that once the call had been retrieved and listened to, that your agent (Louise) would be back in touch (approx 28 days). 
    • almost 4 weeks after all had been activated etc I called eir regarding the cashback offer I was to receive after the cooling off period (14 days) had expired- only to be told there was nothing on my account notes to say I was offered ANY cashback deal- but that I was entitled to a free tablet. . . then it was €50 cashback- also on this call the advisor checked and told me i was on the €40 contract (so I figured that it had all been sorted and no one had contacted me)... anyway- I insisted that I was offered €100 cashback - so I was told again that they'd have to listen to the original call and get back to me. 
    • the following day i get an email to activate my cashback deal (yay!)- and once I went through the process - found that if was for €50 - called Eir AGAIN! - they would listen to my call but in the meantime complete the process for the €50- which I did. This time I was given a case number which I can forward on. 
    • my first proper bill from Eir comes in- surprise surprise- it's at €46! So once again I call Eir customer service- spoke to a very nice agent (Alan) - who said he'd credit my account with the overcharge- and tried to get through to Louise who was the person I had originally spoken to but alas she wasn't there- he'd leave a message with her to call me and if I hadn't heard from her by Monday to give her a call. 
    • Which I've done just today but sadly the call centre is too busy to direct me to a specific agent - which is fine. The agent I did speak to today read through my (now copious amount of!)notes and told me i could either wait for the call to be heard (which is now going on almost 2 months) or he could 'get me as close as possible' to what I had been offered on the phone. So once again a message has been left with Lousie although I won't hold my breath. 

[*]

I am a pretty patient and laid back person I think- the not cancelling Sky I could get over and lesson learned there to do it myself next time... i just find it ridiculous that everything I had been promised over the phone in order to bring me back to Eir- has all been messed up!

Can someone from Eir please look into this and let me know exactly what is going on? 

Thanks
    [*]
    Hi Dawney,

I understand your frustration at this time, I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Feel free to PM me your full name and account number. I would be happy to have a look into this and clear it up.

Thanks 

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Dawney

Hi Dawney,
    [*]
    I understand your frustration at this time, I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Feel free to PM me your full name and account number. I would be happy to have a look into this and clear it up.

Thanks 

Tracey
    [*]
    pm Sent- thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Dawney wrote: »
    Hi Dawney,
    [*]

Thanks 

Tracey

[*]
    pm Sent- thanks.
    [*]
    I will reply to your PM shortly.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement