Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH install, very poor customer experience

Options
  • 10-01-2018 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,

Very annoyed at the experience I have had trying my FTTH connected. Apologies for the long post, but, this issue has been going on for 6 weeks now.

Made an order on the phone on 30th November, rep said install would take place on 7th December. Got a text then to say it would be 14th.

KN networks called out on 14th and said there was an issue as cable was caught in concrete and would have to be released before install could take place. I cut out a hole in my wall and released the cable.

Spoke with eir rep who said they would get onto escalations team to see if they could get it installed by Xmas and they would be in touch. They never did and when I called back the nearest appointment was 4th January.

KN networks called out on 4th January. Different guy this time who said that the actual problem was that I was connected to the wrong port and that the first guy must have been new and didn't know what he was doing. He also said I may need to bring new ducting through my driveway.

I decided I did not want to do this so rang to cancel the order on 6th January. The guy on the phone convinced me I would not need to do the ducting and that the only issue was it was connected to the wrong port. He said he would get me connected to the right port and get an appointment escalated so I would be installed by the end of this week.

I hadn't heard anything so rang again yesterday. Rep said my new appointment was 17th January but he would email the escalations team to get that pushed forward and they would ring me by the end of the day. They didn't again!!

Spoke with rep again this morning who said she would email them again for me to give me a call. They didn't so I rang again this evening and spoke with a different rep who said he would go and chat with them. He came back that the earliest they could do is 15th which is not suitable.

All reps I have dealt have been very friendly, but, can you please tell me Why can't your reps take ownership of an issue from start to finish rather than have you explain the issue over and over? I have had 4 reps promise call backs, none happened.

Why will the escalations team not talk to customers to get ongoing issues resolved? Why do they not call customers when requested to do so by cancellations team?

Why could the KN networks guy from 14th not spot I was connected to the wrong port? This set back the process by 3 weeks.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Donegalroyal

Forgot to mention when I was signing up on 30th November I enquired about cancelling my current mobile broadband with eir. The girl said once my broadband was installed to call back and she was cancel it immediately. But, she must have put through a 30 day cancellation so it cancelled on 28th December so I have had no form of broadband since then.

I have also had €25 debited from my account this month for my landline which I didn't want the first place, but, was told it came FREE with the broadband. I don't even have a handset as I have no use for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi,

Very annoyed at the experience I have had trying my FTTH connected. Apologies for the long post, but, this issue has been going on for 6 weeks now.

Made an order on the phone on 30th November, rep said install would take place on 7th December. Got a text then to say it would be 14th.

KN networks called out on 14th and said there was an issue as cable was caught in concrete and would have to be released before install could take place. I cut out a hole in my wall and released  the cable.

Spoke with eir rep who said they would get onto escalations team to see if they could get it installed by Xmas and they would be in touch. They never did and when I called back the nearest appointment was 4th January.

KN networks called out on 4th January. Different guy this time who said that the actual problem was that I was connected to the wrong port and that the first guy must have been new and didn't know what he was doing. He also said I may need to bring new ducting through my driveway.

I decided I did not want to do this so rang to cancel the order on 6th January. The guy on the phone convinced me I would not need to do the ducting and that the only issue was it was connected to the wrong port. He said he would get me connected to the right port and get an appointment escalated so I would be installed by the end of this week.

I hadn't heard anything so rang again yesterday. Rep said my new appointment was 17th January but he would email the escalations team to get that pushed forward and they would ring me by the end of the day. They didn't again!!

Spoke with rep again this morning who said she would email them again for me to give me a call. They didn't so I rang again this evening and spoke with a different rep who said he would go and chat with them. He came back that the earliest they could do is 15th which is not suitable.

All reps I have dealt have been very friendly, but, can you please tell me Why can't your reps take ownership of an issue from start to finish rather than have you explain the issue over and over? I have had 4 reps promise call backs, none happened.

Why will the escalations team not talk to customers to get ongoing issues resolved? Why do they not call customers when requested to do so by cancellations team?

Why could the KN networks guy from 14th not spot I was connected to the wrong port? This set back the process by 3 weeks.

Regards
    Hi Donegalroyal,

I understand your frustration at this time, I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Feel free to PM me your full name and account number. I would be happy to have a look into this and clear it up.

Thanks 

Tracey

PM sent

PM sent
    I will get back to your PM soon.

Thanks

Tracey

Waste of time, just another eir rep who unsterstands my frustrations but,can't do anything to help.

Have had to Lodge complaint with comreg.

• Advertisement

Waste of time, just another eir rep who unsterstands my frustrations but,can't do anything to help.

Have had to Lodge complaint with comreg.
    I have replied to your PM.

Thanks

Tracey 

I know you have and nothing has been resolved and my questions in original post left unanswered.

Have lodged a formal complaint with eir and have once again been promised a callback. Wonder will it be 5th time lucky 🙄

Girl on the phone said I should get a callback now as comreg are involved. It's a sad state of affairs that you need to get them involved just to get a callback to get issues resolved.

So still no call in relation to the complaint I logged last week.

My revised installed was scheduled for today. Engineer called out and advised that they still have me connected to the incorrect port so nothing has been done since last visit on 4th of January.

Unfortunately for me, no other providers are available at my address so will just have to wait another 2 weeks for the next call out.

I would advise anyone who have any other options to steer clear of eir, they are the worst company I have ever dealt with. Nobody seems to be able to reslove issues and you are always promised call backs that never happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

So still no call in relation to the complaint I logged last week.

My revised installed was scheduled for today. Engineer called out and advised that they still have me connected to the incorrect port so nothing has been done since last visit on 4th of January.

Unfortunately for me, no other providers are available at my address so will just have to wait another 2 weeks for the next call out.

I would advise anyone who have any other options to steer clear of eir, they are the worst company I have ever dealt with. Nobody seems to be able to reslove issues and you are always promised call backs that never happen.
    Hi Donegalroyal,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

In order to follow up on your complaints case, please go to the link below and select follow up.

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]https://www.eir.ie/complaints/[/font]

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement