Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Fruit & Veg in Limerick

• 10-01-2018 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

can anyone recommend a great place to shop for fresh Fruit and Veg in Limerick?
    Tesco is my usual and it does have a great variety, whereas Aldi or Lidl may have a more basic variety but can be cheaper I'm wondering does anyone know of anywhere that can top both?
    I'm from Galway and I was shopping there over the Xmas. I came out of Tesco after buying five 350g heads of Broccoli for 99 cent each and came out to see a fruit and veg market selling the same amount for pretty much half the price just outside the door. I was kicking myself. Can anyone recommend a good place to shop in Limerick city though?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

The urban Co Op is fantastic.
    It’s out by southill, a lot of their stuff is organic so won’t be the cheapest but is really really good.
    You can preorder and it will be there waiting for you...
    In the city there is Richardson’s on the Dublin road, and O’Neill’s on William street both of which (IMO!)... are only OK. Fine for carrots and spuds etc, but won’t always have kale/celery/ginger which is kinda poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Market on Saturday mornings is pretty good too... it’s quiet in January though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

And Richardsons too...

They moved out to eastway business park, just up from the NCT

Heading out of limerick on the tipp road, turn into eastway directly opposite the new supermacs. Then Follow the road up and around to the left. You'll eventually pass richardsons on the left

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭matchboxyouth

Thanks everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭showgirlrita

Limerick Fruit supplies on Park Road (between corbally & Dublin Rd) always have a good selection.
    https://www.facebook.com/LimerickFruit/

• Advertisement
Advertisement