Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Pickem: Boards league 2018

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

jimmii wrote: »
    Think they won it last year impressive how they are right up there again this year. No idea how they've ended up in our league dammit!

Edit: I don't see them in our league?

Yea - strange one, they were definitely there but when i checked back a few hours later they were gone. The boards league is the only one i am in so i wasn't imagining it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Hoki wrote: »
    Yea - strange one, they were definitely there but when i checked back a few hours later they were gone. The boards league is the only one i am in so i wasn't imagining it :pac:

Bizarre! As long as they don't come back don't need reminders of last year!

Reminder for 225

3315 jumped me 300 places!

Reminder for Cowboy vs Edwards.

Jingliang v Abe is a bizarre choice for a tight matchup.

UFC Singapore is starting NOW! Guessing this one might catch a few out.

UFC Singapore is just starting guessing this is going to catch quite a few out!

Guessing the start time will catch a few out this week. I started out with two perfects and again with the Kenan KO. Fingers crossed for more of the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Guessing the start time will catch a few out this week. I started out with two perfects and again with the Kenan KO. Fingers crossed for more of the same!

You did well with over 3000 points there. I was closest to you with 1680. Barely more than half of your score.

How many did you get right? 10 or 11?

John_D80 wrote: »
    You did well with over 3000 points there. I was closest to you with 1680. Barely more than half of your score.

How many did you get right? 10 or 11?

I think a lot of people probably missed a lot of this one with the start time so having a good result had a much bigger effect than normal which was nice!

Got 10 with 6 bonus and 4 perfect. Got 445 just for the Kenan fight!

Up to 187th now after that.

• Advertisement

Tuf finale tonight and a very tempting underdog bonus to go for!

Top for 3 events in a row hattrick completed!

Quick turn around for 226 tonight.

Overall table after the tuf finale

Screenshot_20180707-100934.png

No one came out of that one too strong! After the way the Ngannou v Lewis fight went good for the main to close like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Just saw on the site that UFC 227 will be the last event on Pick 'em. End of an era.

KJ wrote: »
    Just saw on the site that UFC 227 will be the last event on Pick 'em. End of an era.

Thats a balls.

Ah man that's a bugger! If I won this season I'll be able to retire the champ champ!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Ah that's ****, it kept me interested in a lot fights I usually wouldn't bother with

Is there anything similar out there?

xtal191 wrote: »
    Ah that's ****, it kept me interested in a lot fights I usually wouldn't bother with

Is there anything similar out there?

Just setting one up now to see what it's like!

• Advertisement

Have a look at this see what you think!

http://www.mmaplayground.com/getting_started.aspx

The point scoring seems to be 5 for picking the winner then extra points for round and method but hard to tell how many and you also get an fpl style captain pick that gets you double points.

I've set up a boards.ie "fight camp" so if we can get a few hopefully our camp can take over! Currently there's only 490 teams in this season. A season is 10 events so there's a few in a year. If anyone wants to give it a try sign up and PM me your username on there and I'll invite you to join the camp.

There's an app based one called verdict but in that you can score by scoring rounds on the night too which puts a lot of us at a huge disadvantage!

"Make your fight prediction picks for upcoming MMA cards to score points during our 10-event "season" format.

Correctly predict the
    fight winner: 5 points
    winner and either the fight ending time or ending details: 7 points
    winner, ending time and ending details: 11 points.

Hot bout: The most highly contested bout in terms of picks made is called the "Hot Bout" and rewards double points.

Underdog bonus: When you pick a heavy underdog (selected by <20% of league players) that wins their fight, you will receive a +2 point bonus in addition to scoring points on a bout that few others did."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Pity the UFC one is ending , i've been doing it for years, dunno if I've the dedication to jump ship and start again on a new site. Kinda coincides with my general interest in mma these days, its fading fast :(

Yeah, damn shame it’s ending. Started pick em probably 4 years ago and I don’t think I missed a single event in all that time. I’d tried other fantasy MMA leagues but pickem was by far the best. Easiest to use and best presented. A lot of others only do main card fights.

I think when it wraps up I’ll hang up the gloves as well. I enjoyed my pickem career and I’m leaving with plenty stories for the grandkids but it’s time to get out now while I still have my health. I’ve realised now at this stage of my career that I’m probably never gonna be the champ and I’m ok with that. There’s a new generation coming through that are hungry like I was when I started.

Too many people to thank but ye know who ye are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

An early start today. Prelims at 4pm I believe. Live on BT from 5. There's only two Pickem's left after this one. A sad end :(

Whelo79 wrote: »
    An early start today. Prelims at 4pm I believe. Live on BT from 5. There's only two Pickem's left after this one. A sad end :(

Nice one figured this would be an early one but slipped my mind!

• Advertisement

Off to a good start 1120 after 5 fingers crossed for more of that! I'd love to crack the top 100 when it closes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Off to a good start 1120 after 5 fingers crossed for more of that! I'd love to crack the top 100 when it closes up.

I'm on 1355 myself so far. No doubt I'll be lucky to break 2000.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I'm on 1355 myself so far. No doubt I'll be lucky to break 2000.

As soon as I posted I went 0/2 lol!

Poirier v Alvarez prelims underway.

Up to 110th after last night would love to wrap this up with top 100! I'm 220 points behind 99th so only takes one fight to swing it.

• Advertisement

Reminder for UFC 227.

Can't say I didn't warn you about this one! Guess it's fate it's the last fingers crossed going out with a bang. 200 points behind 99th that's the aim.

Good luck to the small handful that are still involved. Hope ye all get maximum points for this last ever Pick’em event!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

On this sad day I said I'd pop in to wish everyone luck for the last ever pickem. For those of you who don't know who I am I was consistently the greatest of all time at Pickem back in the day before I retired. Kinda like the Chick liddell of Pickem with jimmii being Rashad....

On this sad day I said I'd pop in to wish everyone luck for the last ever pickem. For those of you who don't know who I am I was consistently the greatest of all time at Pickem back in the day before I retired. Kinda like the Chick liddell of Pickem with jimmii being Rashad....

I seen it more like I was Chuck Liddell and you were Randy Couture for a brief period of time you were slightly ahead back in the early days of the game but then got crushed and retired :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

jimmii wrote:
    I seen it more like I was Chuck Liddell and you were Randy Couture for a brief period of time you were slightly ahead back in the early days of the game but then got crushed and retired

I lost the hunger

Sound of them to take the dam thing down straight away wtf!

8/12 3 perfect but only enough to edge me up to 108th.

Its been a fun game well played everyone! Maybe one day it'll return.

Advertisement