Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architectural technician in Carlow?

Options
  • 10-01-2018 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend an architectural technician in Carlow? Looking to have a small extension drawn up and redesign of existing floor plan to suit. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend an architectural technician in Carlow? Looking to have a small extension drawn up and redesign of existing floor plan to suit. Thanks!

PDS, hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,546 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Yes I'd go with PDS they did work for me and were excellent friendly and fair with the pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Yes I'd go with PDS they did work for me and were excellent friendly and fair with the pricing.

Very, they charge based on the work you need done. When I lived in Dublin we got in an architect to price up a small kitchen extension.

€12,000 before VAT for design, consultation and planning fees :eek::eek:

I had a good laugh I must say and this was in the depths of the recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Jesus christ, that's most of my budget!

The extension will only be about 12m2 but it will give me a floor space to about 39m2 which I want to be an open plan kitchen, dining, living room.

I've been working on the design for a while now and have a fairly solid plan so I presume I just need it drawn up to be costed.

PDS have been recommended a couple of times to me now so will give them a bell tomorrow. Any idea what price they would start at for something like this? Just want to have a ballpark idea of what to expect!

Advertisement