Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Went into Starbucks the other day, and when paying got a 'would you like to help poor children?' eh, sorry?
    I just wanted a coffee, and I thought I'd escape the chuggers here.
    Later on in Apple green when paying for petrol, the guy at the til asks would I like to help the homeless?
    Is there no escape!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

KatW4 wrote: »
    Some impatient so and so beeped at me because I didn't take off the second the lights turned green. He was throwing his hands up in the air and everything.

I got my revenge by making sure I took off nice and slowly at the next 2 sets of traffic lights.

Saw a car earlier with this stuck on the rear window.

"the closer you get, the slower I'll go".

Appropriate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Neighbours have bought a basketball hoop for the kids. Bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I've had enough of myself. This is it now, I'm starting a proper diet tomorrow and I'm sticking to it. No more of this pissing about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My (annoying) aunt is here for the night. Doing my head in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Neighbours have bought a basketball hoop for the kids. Bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce

One arrived on the driveway next door to me too a few weeks ago. Nothing like thump thump thump very early on a weekend morning when I'm trying to get a lie in. If it's not that it's whack whack whack when thy are practising their hurling. And I won't even start on the father and his diy obsession - hammering, sawing, drilling - and there never seems to be anything to show for it. If it's not that it's cleaning the cars and the driveway every single weekend.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You should develop a sudden, unquenchable passion for Daniel O'Donnell at full volume with the windows open whenever they start.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

New Home wrote: »
    You should develop a sudden, unquenchable passion for Daniel O'Donnell at full volume with the windows open whenever they start.

Knowing my luck he would be into Daniel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Rotator Cuff Tendonitis .

And of course , braveheart that I am , left it for three weeks thinking it would go away on it's own before getting it checked out to see what it actually was ..
    Doctor laughed when he saw me and said geez you must be in bother Mo4 if I get to actually see you :D
    Feck it , always find the humour , even in a TA :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,928 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm aware that this is a ridiculously first-world problem, but I've to be up at 4am for a flight to Bilbao for the Heineken Cup* final. This week has absolutely kicked my ass in work and I'm currently prostrate on my bed practically crying at the thought of it. And I have to shower and wash and dry my hair and tan and whatnot and I just want to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

*It will always be the Heineken Cup to me, I'm not going in for any of this Champions Cup nonsense. That's a TA in itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

TG1 wrote: »
    Can't find anything worth watching on Netflix. Also, it's freezing again, have the heat on, and am snuggled under the duvet and just cannot get warm....
    It's friggen May, yet there are still days that are so cold in the apartment it would warrant having the heat on. Unfortunately I have storage heaters so there's no point turning them on. They take 24hrs to heat up and by that stage, we're having a warm day :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I've a parcel coming from Germany with UPS. The Germans forgot one thing in my address, so UPS are throwing a strop in Cork holding on to my parcel, checking the address, rechecking, holding... it has been in Cork since 4th May !
    I wouldn't mind if that's all they had to go on, but the bloody Eircode is in the address.
    What's the good of Eircodes again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

At home in floods of tears over work. I'm not even annoyed over work I'm annoyed over me letting it all get to me.

Didn't realise how much I dislike the smell of cigarette smoke until my mam gave up, and now my aunt is here smoking up the place :rolleyes:

At home in floods of tears over work. I'm not even annoyed over work I'm annoyed over me letting it all get to me.

oh no ! what happened TG1 ?

• Advertisement

Getting a This Site Uses Cookies box on every page even though I have pressed allow each time

oh no ! what happened TG1 ?

Nothing, that's the worst thing. Just run of the mill stuff that happens every day but today I just let every thing get to me and got upset so many times.
    I'm annoyed at myself for being so soft.. it's actually holding me back because I take things to heart people don't think I'm capable. I'm so annoyed with myself!

Getting a This Site Uses Cookies box on every page even though I have pressed allow each time

This is currently actually driving me mad!!! :mad:

Nothing, that's the worst thing. Just run of the mill stuff that happens every day but today I just let every thing get to me and got upset so many times.
    I'm annoyed at myself for being so soft.. it's actually holding me back because I take things to heart people don't think I'm capable. I'm so annoyed with myself!

'Tis only a job, and your real worth is the one your friends and family know well.
    Like you, I often let things get to me at work, but after so many years in it, I think I've reached a stage where most times, I will find something to latch onto for the evenings, week-ends or holidays, to take my mind off it and boost my self-esteem.

For me it's my family, and photography. When I'm in need of an escape, I take off to dedicate myself entirely to it, and usually it works really well. (doesn't sort all but great way to change perspective)

I hope you have something like that to latch onto for the week-end ! or family around ?

edit : Eurovision ! latch on to Eurovision ! :D

northgirl wrote: »
    This is currently actually driving me mad!!! :mad:

After a few goes, pressing

Learn more

then

Opt out

made it disappear

• Advertisement

'Tis only a job, and your real worth is the one your friends and family know well.
    Like you, I often let things get to me at work, but after so many years in it, I think I've reached a stage where most times, I will find something to latch onto for the evenings, week-ends or holidays, to take my mind off it and boost my self-esteem.

For me it's my family, and photography. When I'm in need of an escape, I take off to dedicate myself entirely to it, and usually it works really well. (doesn't sort all but great way to change perspective)

I hope you have something like that to latch onto for the week-end ! or family around ?

edit : Eurovision ! latch on to Eurovision ! :D

Ah, I'll have to post in the TH thread about lovely people on boards now! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Oh we all have those moments . Don't be cross with yourself for being human . We are not robots so can be excused for letting things get to us

After a few goes, pressing

Learn more

then

Opt out

made it disappear

That didn't work for me..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That pop up box about cookies is a real pain in the... AdRoll. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Ffs. I poured a glass of wine and left it on the kitchen bench. Went to the toilet and when I came back Charlie (my parrot) had pushed it onto the floor *cry emoji* It was my last glass of wine and is not the first wine glass he's smashed :( Would I be justified in having roast Charlie for Sunday lunch? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Sciatica. Quite literally a pain in the arse.

TA'd that I still have an awful pain in my chest and I'm not sure I'll be well enough to do DIL tonight :(

Despite being off work sick again today and napping this afternoon I'm ready for bed again. FFS. Bored of this now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Migraine brewing all day, bastard of a thíng :mad:.

My indecision again. I have tickets that were bought months ago for a gig in late June but now I'm heading away to work. I kind of really want to go to the gig but I'm nervous to ask my new employer for 2 days off quite early into the contract..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

My indecision again. I have tickets that were bought months ago for a gig in late June but now I'm heading away to work. I kind of really want to go to the gig but I'm nervous to ask my new employer for 2 days off quite early into the contract..

They'll be grand, just let them know you booked time off. Trust me it'll be fine.

TA'd I can't stop eating chocolate tonight :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Ffs. I poured a glass of wine and left it on the kitchen bench. Went to the toilet and when I came back Charlie (my parrot) had pushed it onto the floor *cry emoji* It was my last glass of wine and is not the first wine glass he's smashed :( Would I be justified in having roast Charlie for Sunday lunch? :P

I was waiting for the finish line to be that Charlie had supped from the glass!

To thine own self be true

I was waiting for the finish line to be that Charlie had supped from the glass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

That some of your family don't bother their hole going to your kid's party when you always made the effort to go to theirs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

If i were you i'd put charlie in the oven :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Chris Martin had a parrot that kept doing that and he had enough!

And that's why his parrot... parrot... parrot died

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Suffering from major exam stress. Started my final year college exams yesterday. Exam went well but I've got 3 more exams this week and I'm a nervous wreck. Can't sleep and feel sick. Roll on May 21st till it's all over.

James__10 wrote: »
    Suffering from major exam stress. Started my final year college exams yesterday. Exam went well but I've got 3 more exams this week and I'm a nervous wreck. Can't sleep and feel sick. Roll on May 21st till it's all over.

You wouldn't pay me enough to do final year again, but keep the faith. It will pass and all will suddenly be worth it when you have that piece of paper. Enjoy the celebrations when you get to the end if it, and best of luck!

On topic, got a breakfast roll, but the ketchup was put on after all the food, so just fell out into the paper it was wrapped in. Also, damn sugar tax. 1.95 for a bottle of coke!! It's a good thing this breakfast of champions I had only happens once in a blue moon when I'm seriously feeling sorry for myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Myself and the husband had a massive argument a few weeks ago about who was going to cut the grass (I know, we're ridiculous) so we agreed to hire someone to cut the grass for us (a small price to pay for a peaceful house).
    So first cut was this morning. They told us 11.30. They turned up at 9am instead. Wrecked our lie in and surely woke up all the neighbours so they're probably raging with us too.
    First world problems! My gardener was too early. Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Lovely sunny day, it is so nice to just relax in the sun...or it would be were it not for my loudmouth neighbours prattling on nonstop. My god but they don't half talk some rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

You wouldn't pay me enough to do final year again, but keep the faith. It will pass and all will suddenly be worth it when you have that piece of paper. Enjoy the celebrations when you get to the end if it, and best of luck!

On topic, got a breakfast roll, but the ketchup was put on after all the food, so just fell out into the paper it was wrapped in. Also, damn sugar tax. 1.95 for a bottle of coke!! It's a good thing this breakfast of champions I had only happens once in a blue moon when I'm seriously feeling sorry for myself!

Lucky you, driven by lack of selection to buy coke max 1.90 the same price as the red label coke. Most of the time the max is 1.69/79 depending on where I buy it. Cant see why a sugar-free and full sugar are the same prices.

TA that I was forced by work to travel to the area where I'll get ripped off cause of the weather/tourists.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Stockpiled ice pops for the bank hol as I had the smallies and it was supposed to be "Hot", but those are finished now, no fruit juice in the house either. TA have such a craving for the sweet-sour fruit flavour that comes with it being condensed.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

My mother's disapproving glares

Was at a communion this morning and all the camera phones held aloft in the air getting snippets of videos..meanwhile the professional videographer was in the corner recording the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭guineapigstar

TA that Winning Streak isn't on again tonight. I know Marty is in Lisbon but surely someone like Thelma Mansfield could step in for a week or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

One I meant to post a couple of weeks ago, but only getting round to it now. Flew to the USA on United, looking forward to catching a movie or two on the flight ... only to find that United has removed their seat-back screens. They now have a slot where you can fit your own device. OK, my phone is larger than average (6" screen), not happy with the idea of watching a whole movie on that, but I'll give it a go. After takeoff, connect to the onboard WiFi, they let you through to the app store ... try to install the United inflight entertainment app, and ran in to a major problem: the app wants all the permissions. Permission to access your contacts, files, calendar, email, settings - everything. I've never seen anything like it. The only explanation I can imagine is that this is how the NSA checks up on you before you land in the USA. So of course I sad "hell, no", since I had a book and some episodes of Sports Night stored on the phone, and it was a nice flight overall. But I look around at the tourists watching movies and wonder just what they have let themselves in for.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

I fell over a loose paving slab this morning. Grazed my knee, but it was so minor I didn't even rip my jeans. Just bruised my ego really as it was fairly public! :pac:
    Instantly, the friend I was with whipped out the phone and took a picture of the slab. When I asked what she was at she said she was taking a picture in case it went legal....... The skin barely broke. Ireland has gone mad. And I think I have one less friend after my response to that.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Glares at northgirl and tut tuts

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Glare back at her, give her a piece of her own medicine :3.

Glare back at her, give her a piece of her own medicine :3.

Duck's back unfortunately..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement