Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

TA that I can't read the last post on certain threads . Grrrr . I can see someone has posted but click in to read and its simply not there .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    TA that I can't read the last post on certain threads . Grrrr . I can see someone has posted but click in to read and its simply not there .

Same here and it's beyond annoying..there has to be at least 2 new posts on a new page in certain threads before I can read them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Colser wrote: »
    Same here and it's beyond annoying..there has to be at least 2 new posts on a new page in certain threads before I can read them.

Its only on my phone . If i drag myself up and to the PC then they are there . So annoying .

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Its only on my phone . If i drag myself up and to the PC then they are there . So annoying .

Or you can change the site setting at the bottom of the screen to read it and then change back..it's a pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I managed to slam the car door shut on my thumb earlier today, it wasn't so bad earlier but it is throbbing now:( As if that wasn't bad enough I then opened a heavy door on the little one's foot and caught her big toe in it. We have matchy matchy blackening nails now. I am such a dope :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

73Cat wrote: »
    I managed to slam the car door shut on my thumb earlier today, it wasn't so bad earlier but it is throbbing now:( As if that wasn't bad enough I then opened a heavy door on the little one's foot and caught her big toe in it. We have matchy matchy blackening nails now. I am such a dope :(

funny-kids.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Nearly out of wine and the voting is only starting!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Over and over in my head...
    I'm not your toyyyyyyy..
    You stupid boyyyyyyy..

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I was waiting for the finish line to be that Charlie had supped from the glass!
    I'm not normally a wine drinker but my sister is partial to it. One night she was over and our drinks were left on the coffee table. We were yapping away and not really paying attention and then we noticed that Charlie was taking a sip out of my sister's wine glass :eek: Obviously we took it away from him and we thought he'd be put off by the vinegary flavour but no, turns out he likes the taste of wine! He kept trying to get at her glass, so as a compromise we gave him the cap of the bottle to chew on.

I guess the last night my alcoholic parrot was trying to get his fix and he ended up knocking over the whole glass :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I'm not normally a wine drinker but my sister is partial to it. One night she was over and our drinks were left on the coffee table. We were yapping away and not really paying attention and then we noticed that Charlie was taking a sip out of my sister's wine glass :eek: Obviously we took it away from him and we thought he'd be put off by the vinegary flavour but no, turns out he likes the taste of wine! He kept trying to get at her glass, so as a compromise we gave him the cap of the bottle to chew on.

I guess the last night my alcoholic parrot was trying to get his fix and he ended up knocking over the whole glass :pac:

Yeah..he should definitely get the deep fat fryer.
    I mean it's not like you should have to fund his habit.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Yeah..he should definitely get the deep fat fryer.
    I mean it's not like you should have to fund his habit.
    He's an awful sh!t. He's ruined my shoes, laptops, loads of stuff etc but I wouldn't be without him. He's like a loveable rogue. You can't help but love him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Mr M got a few messages in town yesterday for me. I had a clear list for him with 3 x 2L of milk so we'd be sorted for a while, but instead he got 2 3L bottles.:mad:

They're awkward to handle, the milk bounces all over, and how much you bet my son will have a third of the carton spilled by the end of the day. Plus they take up all the space in the fridge door.

Mr M got a few messages in town yesterday for me. I had a clear list for him with 3 x 2L of milk so we'd be sorted for a while, but instead he got 2 3L bottles.:mad:

They're awkward to handle, the milk bounces all over, and how much you bet my son will have a third of the carton spilled by the end of the day. Plus they take up all the space in the fridge door.

I think it's time to tell Mr. M.that size matters.😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I knew this would happen. Awake very early on a Sunday morning. Was cutting grass and gardening, housework, cleaned out car, got a right bit done yesterday. Had a nice dinner and a few cans and watched a film. Said to myself "I'll get in the bed around 1, and I want to sleep til at least 11 tomorrow. No way, awake at 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

The BINARY CHOICE of Front Page Article in ALL Sunday Newspapers this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Not trival but sometimes being autistic makes life more difficult

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

Not trival but sometimes being autistic makes life more difficult

As you mention it, just saw a post on Facebook a woman looking for a barber, who will trim a beard for a 21yo who doesn't like to be touched....even basic things like that can be a challenge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Slightly TA'd with my bf right now. Like I get that you have stuff on that you have to do, but sometimes if I ask if you wanna do something the next day, you say "yeah sure, if I'm free". Like wouldn't you know by now if you were gonna be busy or not? Sometimes it just feels like I'm your backup option if nothing else comes up. Even though I know that's not what it is and I'm just overthinking the whole thing.

Rant over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I knew this would happen. Awake very early on a Sunday morning. Was cutting grass and gardening, housework, cleaned out car, got a right bit done yesterday. Had a nice dinner and a few cans and watched a film. Said to myself "I'll get in the bed around 1, and I want to sleep til at least 11 tomorrow. No way, awake at 8.

The sleep hygiene folks generally say that your doesn't work like that. You can't add playtime hours late at night at weekends and expect your body to adjust your waking up time next morning. It just doesn't happen or most people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Four people in front of me In the barbers :mad:, thought it might have been quiet on a Sunday, man was I wrong :eek:

Four people in front of me In the barbers :mad:, thought it might have been quiet on a Sunday, man was I wrong :eek:

Try being a woman...we can easily spend half the day in the hairdressers and pay through the nose for it..my lot here are now only paying a fiver because they don't cut the top and just get the sides shaved whereas I give a fiver tip if I'm getting my colour done.It's a man's world no doubt about it 😭

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Heading for the shower!
    Try being a woman...we can easily spend half the day in the hairdressers and pay through the nose for it..my lot here are now only paying a fiver because they don't cut the top and just get the sides shaved whereas I give a fiver tip if I'm getting my colour done.It's a man's world no doubt about it ��

Hmmm your right! us fella's have it wayyy easier,sure once the other fella started I was out in no time :pac: :3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,928 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I had to retire my favourite shoes today. They're gold high-top wedge runners that cost me a fiver in Penneys about five years ago so owe me nothing but I wore them everywhere so I'm gutted. Literally wore them to death. Vaya con dios, best shoes ever :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I had to retire my favourite shoes today. They're gold high-top wedge runners that cost me a fiver in Penneys about five years ago but I wore them everywhere so I'm gutted. Literally wore them to death. Vaya con dios, best shoes ever :-(

I know how you feel.
    I have an old pair of Adidas Siuperstars.
    I shall drink deep of the heartiest of ales at their passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Someone is getting dumped. I was eating a bag of Monster Munch and I offered him one and he finished the rest of the bag in less than 2 seconds. He better make it up to me with a massive dinner or he's dumped!

• Advertisement

KatW4 wrote: »
    Someone is getting dumped. I was eating a bag of Monster Munch and I offered him one and he finished the rest of the bag in less than 2 seconds. He better make it up to me with a massive dinner or he's dumped!

:eek:

The cheek of him :eek:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

KatW4 wrote: »
    He was trying to lessen your risk of heart disease at personal risk to himself by polishing that garbage off. A truly selfless act :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

My mam... Was going into Wexford this morning so offered to get a few things for her. Got a list, fine, then got a 10 minute description of what would be the wrong kind if oranges to get, then another ten minutes were spent on what yoghurt really wouldn't work.... She's still perfectly capable of shopping, driving etc.

If you are going to be that picky just go yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

TG1 wrote: »
    My mam... Was going into Wexford this morning so offered to get a few things for her. Got a list, fine, then got a 10 minute description of what would be the wrong kind if oranges to get, then another ten minutes were spent on what yoghurt really wouldn't work.... She's still perfectly capable of shopping, driving etc.

If you are going to be that picky just go yourself!

that sounds like me 100%:o
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The price of smoked salmon for what you get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I’m at a communion and was sitting on the arm of my boyfriend’s chair. He gets up to go to the toilet and the chair gets lighter and my arse is weighing down the arm so it toppled over. Red wine all down my diddies and on my white jumpsuit. Scarleh

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'd have thought more burgundy than scarleh... :D :pac:

All the same, he could have warned you before standing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Also cling film is the devil’s spawn fcuk off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

Patww79 wrote: »
    When a shop has a cone machine, the person working the till should not be the person pulling the cones.

Unless you want the price of cones to rise to 6 euro to cover the wage of a permanent ice cream jockey, it's never going to happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    I don't care as I'm not buying a cone, I'm just queueing infinitely while he pulls twenty of them for some brats.

Actually, make the cones a round tenner and it'd solve all.

I'd be more worried about dirty money hands touching my cone.

That was my angle, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Girl in my local shop last week put on gloves when I ordered a cone, then took my money and give me back change then got me the cone using the same gloves. She took them off then to serve the next customer who was just buying a newspaper. Somebody needs to have a word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My hairs been snapping and falling out and it's a 1st world problem for sure but it's quite severe and although I don't talk about it much it is really upsetting.

I just had new sunglasses on my head and managed to rip out a big bloody clump of hair - majorly TA'd :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

My throat is really sore. I get the feeling I'm coming down with something and I'm already being threatened with IVs and a two week hospital stay if I can't increase my lung function :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Being in poor form

Insect bites.

mangoes.

mangoes annoy me. I was looking forward to a banana and mango smoothies in the morning. went to prep it, and it's sh!t!
    I just can't seem to ever get them right arrr

mangoes.

mangoes annoy me. I was looking forward to a banana and mango smoothies in the morning. went to prep it, and it's sh!t!
    I just can't seem to ever get them right arrr

Any time I see the word mangoes it reminds my of the Jason manford bit about autocorrect changing him to Jason Mangoes :pac:

They do always strike me as a waste of time though, too much effort for too little reward. Papayas are the same, and pineapples... I like my fruit simple to prepare, give me an apple I can pick up and just eat any day!!

I'm too lazy for exotic fruit that requires preparation...!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Sunday night blues.
    Eating all day and still hungry.

TG1 wrote: »
    They do always strike me as a waste of time though, too much effort for too little reward. Papayas are the same, and pineapples... I like my fruit simple to prepare, give me an apple I can pick up and just eat any day!!

oh no, whenever you strike gold and get a decent one, they are sooo so worth it.
    my second favourite fruit, after the trusty aul banana:p.

but i'm annoyed now. the whole thing went into the bin.

oh no, whenever you strike gold and get a decent one, they are sooo so worth it.
    my second favourite fruit, after the trusty aul banana:p.

but i'm annoyed now. the whole thing went into the bin.

Next time keep it for making a chutney, you can use mangos that aren't completely ripe, too. :)

^ooh never thought about that one, thanks:).

but still, I want a soft juicy one at some stage:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

All of my TA's seem to be about driving. This morning I was parked at the shop. Came out to see some idiot had parked almost diagonally in the disabled spot (no badge on the car). The arse of his car was blocking me in. Turns out he was just off chatting to someone, oblivious to the fact that his car had be stuck. I was tempted to reverse anyway but I didn't feel like destroying my car on a Monday morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement