Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd at this day in general, I just wanna be left alone to sleep :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

TA'd that the front wheel came off our single buggy with my 2 year old in it this morning! Have to buy a new one now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Also, I'm in a strange mood today and don't know what it is. Ughhh this daaaaay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I'm trying to curtail my outside meal sugar levels, its a minute by minute thing. But I keep finding that once I get back from the shops, I've bought some different to usual sweeties/drinks which I cant throw out. TA'ed I'm on days and cant blame the sugar on needing it to get me through the night shifts.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Meat advertising.

I can't explain it but Ad's going on about how great it tastes kinda leave a bad taste in my mouth (pun intended).

At the end of the day, it's advertising murder and it feels wrong.

I say this as a meat eater.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Bought crisps for lunch having forgotten that I'd brought in some fruit and a little chocolate bar. Ate them all anyway. So much for that diet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

If I flick through 8 radio stations in the car.

6 or 7 will be on ads

The other 1 or 2 will either be playing bad pop music or talking politics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Took a flight to the UK at the weekend, the amount of numpty's who jumped up the minute the seatbelt sign went off to queue for the toilet was unnatural. The flight time was an hour and ten minutes, some people must have thought they were on the way to Australia with the frequency they got up.

Also when people on short haul flights order a 3 course meal for their one hour long flight.
    Was sitting next to a woman and her two kids, they both got pizza and chips, then she pressed the call button and got them both pringles.
    Then her son wanted a chocolate bar and some crackers, so he had those too.

When the captain announced we were about to land, her son started whinging for another drink because he was so so thirsty, so she called the air hostess again and was highly affronted when she was told that we were descending and no more food or drink would be served.
    Safe to say it ruined little junior's day (who was aged about 11) from the dramatics out of him.
    It was an eighty minute flight!

No one will die of hunger or thirst over the course of an hour.
    If they were mine I'd have told them to feck off and gotten them something proper and not extortionately overpriced when we landed.

That all sounds very petty but it was very TA-ing at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I posted before about my dilemma around my girls birthdays, one of my sibs has asked both of them out for a girly day(as one of them is barely recovering from a mis), she has insisted they go on the 26th as she has an in to look at some very fancy dresses on the day(opposite on the 8th, together on posh dresses!)

The TA, I still have to turn out industrial amounts of choc crispies and peppermint fondants for them.

*Well played sis, bring your heatproof everything, high chance you'll need them.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Took a flight to the UK at the weekend, the amount of numpty's who jumped up the minute the seatbelt sign went off to queue for the toilet was unnatural. The flight time was an hour and ten minutes, some people must have thought they were on the way to Australia with the frequency they got up.

I feel your pain. Also those folks that jump out of their seats the minute the plane has hit the ground and have to urgently grab their bag from the overhead locker like it's going to burst into flames if they wait the 20 minutes it's going to take us to disembark the plane.WTF is with those people. Utter morons.

My TA is a suspected sinus infection that has been destroying my life for about two weeks now and shows no signs of clearing. I can't even get on the phone with a client without sounding like I'm actively dying and have the worst sinus headache ever. The constant nose blowing aint helping. Pretty sure it's all tied into a bunch of long haul flights and a tonne of work stress that aint gonna disappear any time soon. So miserable :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Micky___

Families

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I'm a very ugly crier :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

northgirl wrote: »
    I'm a very ugly crier :D

I hope you're doing ok! You've been through a lot and just remember to be kind to yourself and be proud of how well you're doing :)

I look like a tomato when I cry, my nose completely swells up!

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    I hope you're doing ok! You've been through a lot and just remember to be kind to yourself and be proud of how well you're doing :)

I look like a tomato when I cry, my nose completely swells up!

I get the buggy eyes :D

Thanks, I am proud of myself and I'm grateful to the people around me and my boardsie pals for helping me along the way so thank you very much for caring :) x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

My child...love her to pieces...but she can be a tool at times .. tonight is one of those times :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Brain freeze!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Bad news from a great friend and being helpless to do anything :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

People who drive as if there is a third lane in the middle of the road instead of waiting until it's safe to overtake. Bullies forcing you to pull over, oblivious to the fact that oncoming traffic is driving against low evening sun so I may not see you on time to get out of you way :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Poochie05 wrote: »
    People who drive as if there is a third lane in the middle of the road instead of waiting until it's safe to overtake. Bullies forcing you to pull over, oblivious to the fact that oncoming traffic is driving against low evening sun so I may not see you on time to get out of you way :mad:

Was just thinking "Hmmm happens every time I'm driving down to Wexford" looked at your location and know exactly the stretch you're talking about.

Still only fúcking Monday...

'Man is born free, yet everywhere he is in chains.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My milk says going off 15 may but I put in my cereal and coffee and something ain't right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

LirW wrote: »
    Was just thinking "Hmmm happens every time I'm driving down to Wexford" looked at your location and know exactly the stretch you're talking about.

I spend a lot of time driving in wexford, and will happily state on any record that I have had more near death experiences driving there than the rest of the country combined. There is a Jeep in the middle of the road around every single corner!! :pac:

My milk says going off 15 may but I put in my cereal and coffee and something ain't right!

If you're leave milk on the door you can take up to 5 days off the bb date, esp in warm & humid weather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

GF's dog is on a course of steroids. Has to take 1 and 1/2 every second day. The pills are tiny. Surely they should make the quantities a bit bigger so your not in the kitchen chopping up opiates like a young Walter White? Makes zero sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

northgirl wrote: »
    I get the buggy eyes :D

Thanks, I am proud of myself and I'm grateful to the people around me and my boardsie pals for helping me along the way so thank you very much for caring :) x

I'm allergic to my own tears and I look like one of them fish with big eyes, but with more eyelid and less eyeball, the next day after a cry.

https://media.mnn.com/assets/images/2016/02/bug-eyed-goldfish.jpg.638x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

My TA is very trivial.
    I'm here in my granny seat in the living room (old style fireside chair, better for the back than the sofa), with another one these argos little hospital bedside tables sort of thing, so I can browse on the laptop. (they're the beeznizz)

So anyway, I have my near perfect set up, but my eyesight being what it is, with the contacts on I'm finding it hard to read the laptop, it being too near. Of course I could get up to put on the varifocal glasses, but right now I couldn't be ar$ed. Pushing the laptop further away is a non-runner too, feck that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

LirW wrote: »

Well in defence of the Yellow Bellies I was driving to Cork and came across it in Wexford, Waterford and Cork so not only Wexford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

A nice Romanian girl cut my hair today. She was very hands-on though. I left with shorter hair and smelling of perfume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

8th Ref debates. The whole fecking "campaign"

Try_harder wrote: »

+100

That's enough really.
    I don't see the point in posters, and more airquotes information on the issue.
    We know what needs to be known.
    It's a decision to make on an individual level after that.

Plus I can't help but think it is crass to try and sell one side or the other like that, it's nearly like a commercial battle on a very serious topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Try_harder wrote:

I am so fed up of it all! Both sides are acting like idiots over it. I think the game calling is disgusting. Can't wait until it is over.

My other TA are my legs. They are so itchy, I am tearing them apart from scratching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

+100

That's enough really.

Plus I can't help but think it is crass to try and sell one side or the other like that, it's nearly like a commercial battle on a very serious topic.

I answered the door to two girls who were about 20 years old . They started lecturing and on about their opinions
    I politely told them I am at least three times their age and have a very good mind of my own and well able to form an opinion and make up my own mind Thank you .
    Seriously did the think they somehow were going to influence me in any way ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The ignorant lorry driver who served across in front of me in the overtaking lane on the M9. Thank goodness I've good brakes, and that there was nothing behind me.

+100

That's enough really.

I want to back to Portugal where the battle was between Fuego and Toy!
    Still #TeamFuego

This whole referendum thing is getting annoying now...it's just tit for tat amongst the 2 groups and the longer it goes on...the stronger the No vote will get.

"Abortions as birth control... until the 24th week"!!

"I'm so proud of my 7yo niece siofra wearing her pro choice badge and telling her religious nutter nanna she wants to vote yes"

I'm being slightly facetious... but you get the drift.

Try_harder wrote: »
    I want to back to Portugal where the battle was between Fuego and Toy!
    Still #TeamFuego

Fuego TA me ! :D
    What was it a poster said ? oh yeah, her "haireography" nearly won it.

• Advertisement

Im still upset Fuego didnt win!

Buck off Toy!

Midges. They had a feast off me yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I've just logged onto the Passport offices webchat to try and get an update on my daughters' passport applications.

I am #29 in the Queue,but reassuringly:

Average Wait Time (minutes)
    132:30

WTF!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The lad next to me keeps clearing his throat really loudly, its goes right through me when he does it :mad:

The lad next to me keeps clearing his throat really loudly, its goes right through me when he does it :mad:

Very irritating. You'd feel like saying cough it up and be done with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

madmaggie wrote: »
    Very irritating. You'd feel like saying cough it up and be done with it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've a sore toe, I fell off a boat at the weekend and kicked an oar, a head and the boat all in the same motion of falling.
    I need pain killers and tea.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    and tea.

Here you go brother

traditional.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TA'd that Boom_bap got to spend the weekend on a boat.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

TA'd that Boom_bap got to spend the weekend on a boat.

Not all weekend....and I fell off the f*cker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I've a sore toe, I fell off a boat at the weekend and kicked an oar, a head and the boat all in the same motion of falling.
    I need pain killers and tea.

Sounds like a Barney jingle.

Old Boom Bap fell of a boat
    He fell hard and hurt his toe
    Poor Boom Bap we love you so
    Now someone make him tea please

My stepdad's an ass

Sounds like a Barney jingle.

Old Boom Bap fell of a boat
    He fell hard and hurt his toe
    Poor Boom Bap we love you so
    Now someone make him tea please

Old ?????????
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

When someone rushes to overtake you on the footpath.
    Then walk slowly ahead of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Old ?????????
    :D

I believe at your age it’s called “I took a fall” :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement