Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Old ?????????
    :D

Well, "gorgeous" had too many syllables...
    I believe at your age it’s called “I took a fall” :D

Brilliant! That made me actually laugh loudly! :D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's actually 'I had a wobble'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭gifted

Have a job interview next Tuesday for a fairly decent job.....of course the doubts are creeping in now regarding my own ability.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

People who want to use me as cheap entertainment and who postpone and change the date for this "meet for coffee" where I'm supposed to be entertaining.

I didn't do so well on my second last college assignment, a perfect storm of things contributed to this, I think I calculated properly that I got just the amount to pass. But they are only updating the completed marks in stages, so I may have to wait until the very last min to find out if I passed or not, seems that having all my assignments completely handing in on time only applies to students!:mad::mad:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I just tried to send an e-mail. The Indian person's name was so vast that I gave up after 4 letters. And I've usually really good at that, but I'm just not in the mood at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I just realised that I'm the problem. Prasenjit isn't too vast...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Looking for a hotel in Dublin for the weekend of Longitude and holy fcuk they're expensive :eek: granted it's in July, but over €600 for 3 nights?? €400 for a Travelodge?! What a fcuking rip off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Rude people who think if they shout loud enough they win an argument .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

When I'm sandwiched between two SUVs in a car park and want to reverse out but can't see because the stupid ass SUVs have a high back and I'm low down in my bog standard poor people's saloon.
    I end up having to put down the back window and edge out saying a prayer as I do!

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Every day without fail my mother's friend rings her and all they do is give out about work. It wouldn't be too bad if she hasn't spent 10 minutes telling me about it already. She doesn't leave the room while she's on the phone so I either have to listen to it again or leave the room. She really hates her job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Rude people who think if they shout loud enough they win an argument .

I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

People who don't listen. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

White wine that isn't served cold enough. When white wine is served and the bottle is left on the table to go to room temperature :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Recently started back into driving, had been learning a few years ago, had the 12 lessons and then some but it got derailed with a personal circumstance and my motivation severely slumped getting my full license. Plus I had the added put off of insurance costs and the driving accompanied thing which in my mind just would put people out....a lot of people seem to break this law anyway though!

Eventually I just said f**k it, I just can't win and be able to afford my own car and affordably insure it, so I had to put myself down as a second driver on my Dad's car.

My two trivial annoyances is my Dad being completely panicky sitting beside me, he's driving me up the wall, and it's one of the reasons I didn't want to put myself down on his car in the first place. Paid €450 for the insurance, cheap as chips in comparison to starting out on my own...but having the father beside me. I can imagine the test not being as bad as having him beside me ffs!

My other annoyance, was pulling into my estate today, and this traveller family often park their f**king jeep miles away from the kerb and takes up a good chunk of the road, and directly across at the opposite side there is another car parked half on the road, and a bit on the path, yet there is a square right beside this spot where both can park but they both park right outside the gate of their houses. It's the jeep I have more of a problem with, it's parked so far from the kerb, that I'm getting a bit too close to the other car on the opposite side and the father nearly had a coronary beside me even if I was confident enough to get through the gap I had. Then I get all this ridicule for not taking it handy enough, I did the same as what he'd do, I got through the space, was raging when I came in, being that guys jeep has annoyed me on 3 different occasions recently, either park closer to the kerb or even park like the one across the road, or park in the square. I'd say something to the owner of the jeep, but you know travellers, they can do no wrong apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Have fallen out of my exercise routine the past few months and really, really struggling to motivate myself to get back into the gym! I literally make plans every day and end up finding an excuse to bail...it's getting ridiculous! Need a kick up the arse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Have fallen out of my exercise routine the past few months and really, really struggling to motivate myself to get back into the gym! I literally make plans every day and end up finding an excuse to bail...it's getting ridiculous! Need a kick up the arse!

I'm the same, I've given up on my walking and I wouldn't mind but I look like a munchkin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Recently started back into driving, had been learning a few years ago, had the 12 lessons and then some but it got derailed with a personal circumstance and my motivation severely slumped getting my full license. Plus I had the added put off of insurance costs and the driving accompanied thing which in my mind just would put people out....a lot of people seem to break this law anyway though!

Eventually I just said f**k it, I just can't win and be able to afford my own car and affordably insure it, so I had to put myself down as a second driver on my Dad's car.

My two trivial annoyances is my Dad being completely panicky sitting beside me, he's driving me up the wall, and it's one of the reasons I didn't want to put myself down on his car in the first place. Paid €450 for the insurance, cheap as chips in comparison to starting out on my own...but having the father beside me. I can imagine the test not being as bad as having him beside mfs!e f

My other annoyance, was pulling into my estate today, and this traveller family often park their f**king jeep miles away from the kerb and takes up a good chunk of the road, and directly across at the opposite side there is another car parked half on the road, and a bit on the path, yet there is a square right beside this spot where both can park but they both park right outside the gate of their houses. It's the jeep I have more of a problem with, it's parked so far from the kerb, that I'm getting a bit too close to the other car on the opposite side and the father nearly had a coronary beside me even if I was confident enough to get through the gap I had. Then I get all this ridicule for not taking it handy enough, I did the same as what he'd do, I got through the space, was raging when I came in, being that guys jeep has annoyed me on 3 different occasions recently, either park closer to the kerb or even park like the one across the road, or park in the square. I'd say something to the owner of the jeep, but you know travellers, they can do no wrong apparently.

Most of your posts are you bitching about your Dad but he seems to be to be a very good father to you and even lets you drive his car and tries to relate to you as a son.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭Jimmy Dags

Kodaline singing like a castrated goat in that new song of his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I'm addicted to Tangfastics, especially when driving. They're sweet and sour and chewy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Most of your posts are you bitching about your Dad but he seems to be to be a very good father to you and even lets you drive his car and tries to relate to you as a son.

He can be pretty cool sometimes, but him and I have had a strained relationship over the last decade, we're like chalk and cheese in many ways. Suppose this is payback for all the times he's annoyed me over his tech issues. I appreciate him letting me take the car, as I said it's the only affordable option since insurance companies ride every young driver bareback in this country, should have gotten on the road before they made the driving laws increasingly stricter from 2011 onwards.

Dad needs to relax though it's more pointers and basic practice I need above all else. Could take the car alone but apparently it's forbidden now, even though I see a good few L drivers driving around unaccompanied, a lot of them live in my estate which annoys me, If I went and did it and got pulled over, even if I was safe and driving well, I'd still get done for it with my luck.

Actually my soon to be brother in law who is also after buying a car, (bit of a piece of s**t actually) and is an L driver, drives accompanied most of the time but drove unaccompanied just a fortnight ago coming home from work, Gardai pulled him over, Guard asked him where he was coming from, he said work and the guard looked at his documents, and the Guard said "ok move on"

So do Guards pick and choose who they let off then or what?

If it were me driving would I be done? The law more or less depends on what f**king Guard you run into and what mood he's in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

madmaggie wrote: »
    I'm addicted to Tangfastics, especially when driving. They're sweet and sour and chewy.

I love them. If I eat too many my heart starts racing so it's not worth it anymore :(.

My fringe keeps getting a kink in it every time I sleep when it's slightly damp. It's impossible to sort out without a hair straightener. I don't have one and I couldn't find my sister's so I've been going around with a sticky up fringe. Every time I looked at myself, I got annoyed at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I'm in the process of growing my hair out, it was an extremely short pixie cut and it's just barely touching the tops of my shoulders now. It is taking all of my strength not to just shave my head because it looks an absolute fucking state at the moment and because it's growing from very short, it's all different lengths and keeps falling out of my ponytail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

KatW4 wrote: »
    My fringe keeps getting a kink in it every time I sleep when it's slightly damp. It's impossible to sort out without a hair straightener. I don't have one and I couldn't find my sister's so I've been going around with a sticky up fringe. Every time I looked at myself, I got annoyed at it!

Like this :)

th?id=OIP.-oFG2bpFocdddoolsnZ2OgHaEA&pid=Api

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ffs everyone I've had to deal with this morning has been so ****ing slow doing EVERYTHING.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Need a bank statement for something. 7 poxy days to get it. FFS

erica74 wrote: »
    I'm in the process of growing my hair out, it was an extremely short pixie cut and it's just barely touching the tops of my shoulders now. It is taking all of my strength not to just shave my head because it looks an absolute fucking state at the moment and because it's growing from very short, it's all different lengths and keeps falling out of my ponytail.
    Like this :)

th?id=OIP.-oFG2bpFocdddoolsnZ2OgHaEA&pid=Api

Could be worse...

cynthia-pickles.png

TA'd that people where I live never call me by my proper last name. They always drop the O', because the varation without is more common up this way, but mine is with an O'. Even at my new job on the roster they've it down wrong, despite it being correctly written on my CV :rolleyes::p

Ross Carroll Kelly just doesn't have the same ring to it. :cool:

New Home wrote: »
    Ross Carroll Kelly just doesn't have the same ring to it. :cool:

Ya see? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    TA'd that people where I live never call me by my proper last name. They always drop the O', because the varation without is more common up this way, but mine is with an O'. Even at my new job on the roster they've it down wrong, despite it being correctly written on my CV :rolleyes::p

Me too!!!!!

Like this

Exactly like that!

The heat, it’s tough going riding in this heat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Having a vaccination appointment with the toddler in an hour, it's MMR which means cranky little ar5ehole toddler for the rest of the day...

Also really wanted to take out health insurance for us this year, the car recently broke, we had to replace it and this ate all the savings for the insurance renewal, that's now paid in installments and since the insurance was jokingly high, I'm paying car insurance instead of taking health insurance out. Next year then, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

A bit controversial but hear me out. Anybody else sick of seeing people wearing referendum clothing and badges. Alright other than protest marches or canvassing on the streets, it looks a bit tacky as a day to day piece of clothing. I'm pro choice but even I find those repeal shirts tacky and attention seeking if used as a day to day clothing item.
    The badges are at least somewhat discret but it all feels like it's sometimes (key word here) trying to shove people's agenda down others throats or just looking for likes and attention.
    I'm not attacking any side but I'm just looking forward to this madness ending in 9 days so we can all go back to complaining about rising rents and homelessness and the odd moan about dole scroungers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

northgirl wrote: »
    Me too!!!!!

Shurrup Sullivan!

Putting washing up liquid into the machine, measuring it out and suddenly a big gulp comes out of the bottle like you got sometimes with the glass ketchup bottles, spilling it on the floor, my clothes and all over my hands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

Jimmy Dags wrote: »

That poor dog of yours must have an arse like a grapefruit !

Still stuck at work and it's beautiful outside... gave 1 person a half day..so im covering :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Jimmy Dags wrote:

Lucky you. My TA is how cool it is in Dublin despite the sun. It's only 13 degrees here.

Zemuppet wrote: »
    A bit controversial but hear me out. Anybody else sick of seeing people wearing referendum clothing and badges. Alright other than protest marches or canvassing on the streets, it looks a bit tacky as a day to day piece of clothing. I'm pro choice but even I find those repeal shirts tacky and attention seeking if used as a day to day clothing item.
    The badges are at least somewhat discret but it all feels like it's sometimes (key word here) trying to shove people's agenda down others throats or just looking for likes and attention.
    I'm not attacking any side but I'm just looking forward to this madness ending in 9 days so we can all go back to complaining about rising rents and homelessness and the odd moan about dole scroungers.

I don't understand how someone wearing something is shoving it down your throat?

That poor dog of yours must have an arse like a grapefruit !

Still stuck at work and it's beautiful outside... gave 1 person a half day..so im covering :D

That is no way to talk about your mother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Have forked out €30 in hospital parking so far this week. And the same on food from their canteen. Expensive business!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

This royal f*cking wedding. I don't live that far away from Windsor and I can't get away from it. Who the hell cares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I am hungry, verging on cranky and can't make my mind what to do for dinner :(
    I also want this referendum to be over, my head is melted trying to decide which way to vote. I agree with some of the points on both sides, to me it is not clear cut at all. I think I will feel guilt whatever I decide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

73Cat wrote: »
    I am hungry, verging on cranky and can't make my mind what to do for dinner :(
    I also want this referendum to be over, my head is melted trying to decide which way to vote. I agree with some of the points on both sides, to me it is not clear cut at all. I think I will feel guilt whatever I decide.

If you’re undecided, a yes vote is the only way to ensure everyone has a choice.

My TA. My stir fry is almost ready but I forgot to put the rice on. I do this nearly everytime.

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    This royal f*cking wedding. I don't live that far away from Windsor and I can't get away from it. Who the hell cares.

We can't get away from it over here either. Although I'd imagine it's much worse near Windsor :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Meghan Markle reminds me of someone and I can't put my finger on who, is it someone else famous or someone I know. Hate that :(

Have forked out €30 in hospital parking so far this week. And the same on food from their canteen. Expensive business!

It is so expensive and the food generally isn't that good.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement