Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Work!
    This damned bout of depression Im in at the min
    My train this eve- slow and noisy

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

73Cat wrote: »
    Meghan Markle reminds me of someone and I can't put my finger on who, is it someone else famous or someone I know. Hate that :(

From certain angles, she reminds me of Stacey Dash, one of the actresses in the original "Clueless".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

The amount of bird sh*t on my car lately, it's unreal :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Kitty6277 wrote: »

And on the windows in the house that I've just had a window cleaner do. I can't get at the ones upstairs because they open out from the bottom and now I'm going to have to look at that poo for another while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Meghan Markle reminds me of someone and I can't put my finger on who, is it someone else famous or someone I know. Hate that :(

I'm the same..a bit Frankie Bridge or Natalie Imbruglia at times.

TA I think it's very cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

TA I'm really fighting hard against the urge to binge tonight. Lots of stress which may be trivial in context of everything but it's taking extreme willpower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Was at the dentist today. She was fine but the dental nurse hadn't a clue. I'd rather have Mr Bean as the nurse next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The price of motor fuel is gone to hell lately

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

The price of motor fuel is gone to hell lately

My petrol car broke last month, replaced it with a Diesel secretly cheering that I'll save a few bobs now. Well no, because Diesel is very close now to petrol levels a few weeks ago WTF

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Petulant older brother, just **** right off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Kitty6277 wrote: »

Somehow they've managed to **** on the front wall of my house, must have taken a dump as they swooped on by, or else it was very windy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Popped into the local ALDI to get a few quick things for the dinner.

Except it wasn't quick at all as I was held up at the tills by a millennial mom allowing her two toddler children take part in the whole check-out process. Loudly talking and encouraging them through each phase too. Because her two little darlings Caoimhflionn and Dubhlainn are more important than the steady queue of people trying to get in and out of town during that period 4-6PM period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Pippa Middleton's double.

To thine own self be true

Women at the gym blow-drying their dirty hair. FYI - It Stinks!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I'm a twit. I'm working a half day today then going to England for a few days. Sitting here in work having realised I've forgotten my passport just my luck I'm flying with Ryanair. :mad:
    I'll have to leave work early and go home (40 minutes' drive) and then back to the airport.
    ...and I travel frequently!!!!
    :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I'm a twit. I'm working a half day today then going to England for a few days. Sitting here in work having realised I've forgotten my passport just my luck I'm flying with Ryanair. :mad:
    I'll have to leave work early and go home (40 minutes' drive) and then back to the airport.
    ...and I travel frequently!!!!
    :o

A passport card is yer only man. Leave it in your purse/wallet and never have this problem again.

A passport card is yer only man. Leave it in your purse/wallet and never have this problem again.

You're right I must get one of those. I'll make my flight but it's the hassle of extra driving ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Summer is here and so the irritating sound of women in flip-flops has begun up and down the office floor.

Summer is here and so the irritating sound of women in flip-flops has begun up and down the office floor.

You beat me to it this year, it's my annual pet peeve. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I’m absolutely broke and I just realized I’ve lost my leapcard which I topped up by €30 yesterday. I’m gutted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Writing C.V's tomorrow

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I’m absolutely broke and I just realized I’ve lost my leapcard which I topped up by €30 yesterday. I’m gutted.

Have a look at this

https://about.leapcard.ie/lost-card

TA'd that I'm sick and still have to go to work tonight :( might see if they'll let me have tomorrow off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Guy in a work email conversation repeatedly calling me by the wrong name despite my actual name being RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF HIM in bold, in my signature. Not to mention also appearing in the "From" column of his inbox and the "To" address bar of his email while he was writing it.

Drives me absolutely mental. It's so, so rude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Hayfever. Achoooo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Guy in a work email conversation repeatedly calling me by the wrong name despite my actual name being RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF HIM in bold, in my signature. Not to mention also appearing in the "From" column of his inbox and the "To" address bar of his email while he was writing it.

Drives me absolutely mental. It's so, so rude.

Woman who works in same company as me (but in US Office) once did that to me, despite me signing off the email with my name she replied and called me the wrong name.....what made it worse was she called me a woman's name instead :rolleyes:

Needless to say she got no further replies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Micky___

I cross the border driving a lot, every time Vodafone texts me to tell me about roaming for my stay in the UK.
    So annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Micky___ wrote: »
    I cross the border driving a lot, every time Vodafone texts me to tell me about roaming for my stay in the UK.
    So annoying.

I moved to the UK a few months ago but I was told that breaking my Vodafone contract would cost me 700 euro but I could use my phone normally because roaming charges have been abolished. Every time I leave my house and disconnect from the Wi-Fi I get a notification that I'm roaming. Permanently fecking roaming.

The newer breed of hand dryers that sound like feicin jet engines.

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    I moved to the UK a few months ago but I was told that breaking my Vodafone contract would cost me 700 euro but I could use my phone normally because roaming charges have been abolished. Every time I leave my house and disconnect from the Wi-Fi I get a notification that I'm roaming. Permanently fecking roaming.

Its so annoying, I do the same journey 3 or 4 times a week and now can actually pinpoint where I am when I am about to get the text.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Finally the penny dropped today, she reminds me of my daughters teacher, even though she is blonde, there is something very similar about the face and smile :)

Dopes slowing down to a crawl when approaching a speed van, Jesus Christ, once you are not going over the limit you are grand :(

• Advertisement

When people ignore your text, especially Whatsapp when I can see they seen it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Having a few Bob to spare I headed into town to get some nice summer tops. Could I find an thing, could I Feck. Bought two in next for the sake of it and they're not that great. I should stick to online shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

madmaggie wrote: »
    Having a few Bob to spare I headed into town to get some nice summer tops. Could I find an thing, could I Feck. Bought two in next for the sake of it and they're not that great. I should stick to online shopping.

I know what you mean, I am a guy and It’s ridiculous the lack of choice in clothes shops in Galway and Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

People who feel like it's open season to start slating my profession when it comes up in conversation... I work harder than a lot I know but yet have to listen to contstant jabs and jokes and stories of how incompetent my whole profession is. And yet, I know for a fact 90% of the people who do the slating would last all of an hour in my job before strangling someone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

On the blob and I’m fit to kill. My boyfriend is beside me on the couch eating his dinner. The way he’s scraping his fork off the plate is enough to drive me to drink. He keeps digging his elbow into me as well and I’m five seconds away from ripping his arm out of its socket. He keeps asking me what’s wrong with me as well why is that question so annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

SusieBlue wrote: »

went on an airlink and apparently it costs 7 euro on leap?! tried to get bus home hours later only to find the airlink trip had bled me dry and left nothing on card. it couldn't be right i thought, i remember having more on the card, only to see 7 gone on my account next day, and realised airlink fares were different. i had no clue.

also TA spelling error on job ads. yeah might not want to be an ''asissant''

On the blob and I’m fit to kill. My boyfriend is beside me on the couch eating his dinner. The way he’s scraping his fork off the plate is enough to drive me to drink. He keeps digging his elbow into me as well and I’m five seconds away from ripping his arm out of its socket. He keeps asking me what’s wrong with me as well why is that question so annoying

Give him a good elbow back into the ribs :mad:

:pac:

I even annoy myself when I wear flip flops to the office! Don't do it often just once or twice I might not be thinking when leaving the house

TA it's nearly time for bed this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

If you’re undecided, a yes vote is the only way to ensure everyone has a choice.

Can there not be one thread where we don't have to have referendum opinions shoved on us? I can't wait for the bloody thing to be over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

saw a photo of Meghan Merkle today and she was brushing the hair off the left side of her face with her right hand. it looked awkward as ****, i also hate when i see people holding the phone to their ear with opposite hand.

I know tis very trivial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

maudgonner wrote: »
    Can there not be one thread where we don't have to have referendum opinions shoved on us? I can't wait for the bloody thing to be over.

I’m not shoving anything on anyone. I responded to a poster who said she didn’t know which way to vote. You can do whatever the hell you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

madmaggie wrote: »

And as soon as you have no money, you'll see loads of stuff you want, that always happens me.

To be fair, retro electro was replying to someone who brought up the topic.

TA that it is so feckin warm and my husband is still insisting on lighting the fire. Eh, I don't want to be cooked thanks!!

Everything tbh! In awful form this evening, just want to hang up this cúnting washing, get something to eat and fúck off to bed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

kfallon wrote: »
    Everything tbh! In awful form this evening, just want to hang up this cúnting washing, get something to eat and fúck off to bed!

And when you're in bad form hanging out washing, that's always the time all the sleeves will be turned inside out and things fall on the ground on you and you can't get them to stay on the line/airer. I can feel the rage building in me on your behalf. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

My back yard is full of weeds!

And when you're in bad form hanging out washing, that's always the time all the sleeves will be turned inside out and things fall on the ground on you and you can't get them to stay on the line/airer. I can feel the rage building in me on your behalf. :mad:

Most of the items have no sleeves but to really piss me off it's not even gear that I wore, washing things on other behalf ffs. Sure I'm a worse cúnt for doing it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

TG1 wrote:
    People who feel like it's open season to start slating my profession when it comes up in conversation... I work harder than a lot I know but yet have to listen to contstant jabs and jokes and stories of how incompetent my whole profession is. And yet, I know for a fact 90% of the people who do the slating would last all of an hour in my job before strangling someone...

Teacher? I hate when people start going on about how great teachers have it. And if I have to listen to another person complain about the summer holidays... God help them!!!

TA: I can't have a hot shower for 48 hours. A tepid shower is disgusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Why do I end up pouring loads of Cornflakes down the bottom of the box underneath the packet every single feicing time. Are my pouring skills that bad, they never all seem to end up making it into the Bowl! Big round Bowl, hard to miss like!! :pac::o Every single time. And I'm not going digging them out. And then they all go stale. :rolleyes:

TA'd that I feel rotten, not sure if I'm well enough to work tomorrow, yet I'm only there like 2 weeks so I can hardly call in sick. Ughhh whyyyy do I have to be sick :(

• Advertisement

Still awake :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement