Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

KatW4 wrote: »
    Teacher? I hate when people start going on about how great teachers have it. And if I have to listen to another person complain about the summer holidays... God help them!!!

TA: I can't have a hot shower for 48 hours. A tepid shower is disgusting!

Nope HR.... Teachers get away lightly, at least all you get is the holiday thing. People feel it's ok to openly say my function is a waste of time and space, and that based on my role I am lazy and incompetent.
    Fine their experience is that when they dropped a salary cert off to their hr department 10 mins before they needed it to apply for a mortgage it took the dept 15 to get it ready, but that's down to their poor planning. They have no understanding of the fact that the average hr Dept has reponsibility for recruitment, all aspects of compliance, all aspects of onboarding, all maintanence of records, all administration of benefits (pensions, bonus scheme's, health insurance to name but a few) parts of payroll, health and safety, employee engagement, retention drives, communication programs and anything else that happens to land on the desk, and are usually chronically understaffed....
    Ok... Climbing down of the soapbox this morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Noisy fcukers on the train this morning- lets all just have a really loud conversation across two tables!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

TG1 wrote:
    Nope HR.... Teachers get away lightly, at least all you get is the holiday thing. People feel it's ok to openly say my function is a waste of time and space, and that based on my role I am lazy and incompetent. Fine their experience is that when they dropped a salary cert off to their hr department 10 mins before they needed it to apply for a mortgage it took the dept 15 to get it ready, but that's down to their poor planning. They have no understanding of the fact that the average hr Dept has reponsibility for recruitment, all aspects of compliance, all aspects of onboarding, all maintanence of records, all administration of benefits (pensions, bonus scheme's, health insurance to name but a few) parts of payroll, health and safety, employee engagement, retention drives, communication programs and anything else that happens to land on the desk, and are usually chronically understaffed.... Ok... Climbing down of the soapbox this morning!

No one understands anyone else's job unless they've done it and they really shouldn't be so quick to judge. I wouldn't do your job if I was paid millions! Ignore the idiots!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Why do I end up pouring loads of Cornflakes down the bottom of the box underneath the packet every single feicing time. Are my pouring skills that bad, they never all seem to end up making it into the Bowl! Big round Bowl, hard to miss like!! :pac::o Every single time. And I'm not going digging them out. And then they all go stale. :rolleyes:

A handy trick is to pull the inner packet up out of the box a bit while pouring, that way cereal doesn't wind up at the end of the box.

My hair is driving me mad lately, it feels gank the day after washing. I don't have the time or the inclination to wash it everyday but can't bear the feeling of manky roots. I got it coloured yesterday and got a bright colour on the ends that I don't want to fade really quickly through having to keep washing it. And dry shampoo for me is the greatest crock of sh1t, just doesn't work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

TG1 wrote: »
    Nope HR.... Teachers get away lightly, at least all you get is the holiday thing. People feel it's ok to openly say my function is a waste of time and space, and that based on my role I am lazy and incompetent.

I have the utmost respect for people working in HR. Don't mind those selfish idiots criticising you. They're taking their frustrations at their own lives out on you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm starving. My lunch buddy told me 40 minutes ago they'd be back in 5 minutes and we'd go out then and there's been no sign of them since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Had to give girl dog some anti-inflammatory/painkiller, of course, it has to be given orally using a syringe type device.
    The info on the sheet was clear as mud on how much to give, my hands started to shake so badly they are still at it half a day later.

TA, It used to be so much easier when I had babies and was well used to measuring out calpol!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I saw a clickbait link saying "Actors Who Turned Away From Fame" with a picture of Sean Connery. He retired from acting when he was 73. That's hardly turning away from fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

Micky___ wrote: »
    When people ignore your text, especially Whatsapp when I can see they seen it.

People could have any set of excuses for not replying. If I'm at work I take a look at messages as i walk between rooms but don't get time to reply.

On the opposite of that, when you read a group chat message and don't reply. And next thing someone sends direct message repeating the message as if asking why you are not replying. That irritates me.

That and apartments that have the fridge door opening beside the oven door. Can't get through a carton of milk before it goes off due to hot air getting into fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

KatW4 wrote: »
    No one understands anyone else's job unless they've done it and they really shouldn't be so quick to judge. I wouldn't do your job if I was paid millions! Ignore the idiots!

To be fair... I wouldn't teach if I were paid billions... Children are a major TA of mine. At least in HR when people start to whinge you can throw out the "we are all adults here..." Line :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Apparently any plans with my sister automatically involve her girlfriend because we're all women... Not. Fucking. Happy. At. All.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

I saw a clickbait link saying "Actors Who Turned Away From Fame" with a picture of Sean Connery. He retired from acting when he was 73. That's hardly turning away from fame.

Theres never been official confirmation, but I believe he has Alzheimer's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

One of the cattle in the field right beside the house has let out a long loud bellow, not a gentle moo, a fecking roar. Frightened the bejesus out of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭4Ad

madmaggie wrote: »
    One of the cattle in the field right beside the house has let out a long loud bellow, not a gentle moo, a fecking roar. Frightened the bejesus out of me.

I have being putting up with the same for months..It is driving me insane !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I'm having a bit of work done on the house and am being treated to the regular sight of a trio of builder's bum. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Effing buzzing annoying Flies. They're going ballistic! Buzz buzz buzz buzz! And this horrible shytey effing Humidity. I can't stand it. I reckon I'm allergic to any sun and heat. It makes me itch all over and it's just horrible and I feel like I need to have a million Showers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd when avocado's still aren't ripe enough to eat despite buying them Wednesday :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Ta'd when avocado's still aren't ripe enough to eat despite buying them Wednesday :mad:

And then they go from ripe to black mush in 5 minutes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »
    And then they go from ripe to black mush in 5 minutes

Also when you cut them open and they're as black as coal :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I bought a mango yesterday and I have no idea how I'll know if it's ripe.

• Advertisement

Ta'd I feel a headache brewing.
    fussyonion wrote: »
    I bought a mango yesterday and I have no idea how I'll know if it's ripe.

Follow these guidelines:

Color: There are many different varieties of mangos. Some go from green to red, some end up Orange, some start off yellow and end up orange.

Smell: A ripe mango will smell sweet.

Firmness: Mangos, like peaches will soften as they ripen. ...
    Weight: With most fruit you can tell their ripeness by their weight.

Ta'd its Ronan C's last show on DHR tonight because the records he plays aren't deep enough :confused:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

After having a good cry and I feel a lot better. Unfortunately my whole face looks like a swollen tomato so I know the missus isn't going to let it go until she knows why I've been crying. Just want to feel better and not discuss anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Are you cooking them? Cut them in half and just scoop it out with a spoon. Simmering them will leave them soft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    After having a good cry and I feel a lot better. Unfortunately my whole face looks like a swollen tomato so I know the missus isn't going to let it go until she knows why I've been crying. Just want to feel better and not discuss anything.

Tell her you'd rather chill tonight and take it easy and you'll talk to her whe you're ready if you can at all. Would be getter to rest and chill out. Feel better x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Bought a bad net of onions yesterday, I usually inspect them as well as I can, yesterday I was in a bit of a hurry, they looked grand, grabbed them and off I went. Today I saw that almost all of them were soft and had moldy spots. Binned the whole thing.

Bought bread today and it wasn't cooked through when I went to portion it out. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

This damned rut I'm in- was supposed to study today- up late- cant face the books- back in bed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm having a bit of work done on the house and am being treated to the regular sight of a trio of builder's bum. :eek:

PM me your address for Monday ;p

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Asked my boyfriend would I make a good Royal and he told me no I’m too much of a liability.
    Raging

Listening to my older brothers drunken ramblings from upstairs, he really is unbelievable.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Are you cooking them? Cut them in half and just scoop it out with a spoon. Simmering them will leave them soft.

I'll try that sometime!
    Cleopatra_ wrote: »

A good cry cures all.

*hugs*

My head feels like it's full of wool. Aaagh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭em_cat

When people can’t follow rules....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd that I had to stay 2 hours after my shift at work was over, and had some of the most annoying customers ever :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I'm all day looking for the feicing Happy Thread forfeicsake. :rolleyes::mad::mad: I think I was 8 Pages in at one point and I still couldn't find the feicing thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Do you know that feeling when you get bad news that you start shaking with the news?

Well I got word that a family member died unexpectedly last night and couldn't sleep a wink after. I fecking loved him :(

Do you know that feeling when you get bad news that you start shaking with the news?

Well I got word that a family member died unexpectedly last night and couldn't sleep a wink after. I fecking loved him :(

So so sorry castletownman :( An awful shock for you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

So sorry for your loss castletownman :(

When you pay a ridiculous amount of money to go into that prison for animals that is Dublin Zoo to see the inmates and the ones your kids really want to see - the tiger and lion - never bother their arses moving out from behind the grass far away to walk over to you. I want my money back!

When you pay a ridiculous amount of money to go into that prison for animals that is Dublin Zoo to see the inmates and the ones your kids really want to see - the tiger and lion - never bother their arses moving out from behind the grass far away to walk over to you. I want my money back!

Jump in and pet them, make the kids happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

One of the smallies here went to Fota last week and his favourite animal was the "Wino"..took me a minute to realise it was a Rhino..I'm still laughing everytime he says it .

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You have to go to the big cats near closing time, I believe they get fed after closing the gates so in the lead up to that they get moving.

I want to go to the zoo now.

Colser wrote: »
    One of the smallies here went to Fota last week and his favourite animal was the "Wino"..took me a minute to realise it was a Rhino..I'm still laughing everytime he says it .

When my daughter was about 2-3 i used get her to say dirty floor all the time ...floor always came out as whore...used point at her aunt's and get her to say it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

Ta'd when avocado's still aren't ripe enough to eat despite buying them Wednesday

Put them in window. They will be ripe the following day

Ta'd its sunday again :-/.
    Put them in window. They will be ripe the following day

I'll give that a bash cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Some fruits do ripen quicker if you keep them in a brown paper bag as well.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or with an apple beside them.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Micky___

Google Maps has a timeline feature that tracks your every move.
    That's not my TA.
    My TA is that every month it gives you a summary of how many hours you spend travelling.

So many wasted hours stuck in the car :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

When you buy a newspaper (old fashioned I know ) and the shop assistant has a good read of page 1 and flicks onto page 2 & 3 for a longer read

Meanwhile I’m standing at the counter like a fool!

I wasn’t in a rush, just want to read my Sunday paper at home but I’m ta’d at the cheekiness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Have God save the Queen stuck in my head

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement