Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I'm being melted. Help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Do you know that feeling when you get bad news that you start shaking with the news?

Well I got word that a family member died unexpectedly last night and couldn't sleep a wink after. I fecking loved him :(

Had the same two weeks ago, my cousin, sitting beside his girlfriend watching tv, she got up to get lunch asked him what he wanted, he never answered, she went back to him, he was dead on the couch still with remote in his hand, only 35, we're shocked and stunned still. not trivial, but I feel your loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Fcuking coldsores. All broken out. Should've known that was coming as stress levels through the roof last few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I didn't have any hope for them, planted tonnes anyway and now I'm facing around 50 french bean plants and have no clue what to do with the whole lot. I don't have the space really to plant all of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

mikemac2 wrote: »
    When you buy a newspaper (old fashioned I know ) and the shop assistant has a good read of page 1 and flicks onto page 2 & 3 for a longer read

Meanwhile I’m standing at the counter like a fool!

I wasn’t in a rush, just want to read my Sunday paper at home but I’m ta’d at the cheekiness

Seriously? Never ever saw this to happen.
    What weirdo do you buy your paper from?!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Highly trivial and pure annoying. Invisible Users on Badoo. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

More bemused really - Documents that have 'This page is intentionally left blank'

Should be 'This page is mostly blank except for this bit we wrote to tell you it was blank'

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Sunday night blues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

Highly trivial and pure annoying. Invisible Users on Badoo. :mad::mad:

Girl that worked with me showed me her Badoo page, she was getting driving lessons when she joined up...and guess who asked her out on Badoo?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Had an awful vertigo attack yesterday morning, puked my guts up afterwards. I still feel weird-headed.

I cut those annoying strap/loop things off a new top because they kept sticking out and now I can't get the feckin thing to stay on a hanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Girl that worked with me showed me her Badoo page, she was getting driving lessons when she joined up...and guess who asked her out on Badoo?! :)

Hahahaha that's hilarious! Can only imagine the jokes!! I went to an Interview once and the Interviewer was a guy I had been chatting to online. I knew it was him but he didn't know it was me! He was scanning over my CV as he was walking into room from other room and as soon as his eyes looked up and he saw me and twigged who I was his face just dropped! It was feicing hilarious!! Was like as if he had seen a Ghost! He quickly composed himself anyway and got on with the Interview. There was someone else interviewing with him as well. Needless to say I didn't get the job but I had my biatchy fun and that's all that matters! :D *evil laugh*

Actually, somebody on POF told me last night he knows me but he doesn't have any pics up so I havn't a clue who he is! Well I know that always is a possibility when people are allowed create Profiles and don't have to put up their own Pics. But that's so unfair! That can be my T.A. haha! Men being Jerks! Jerk is too American, will go with Muppets! He did say he loves me though! So at least that's something I can take out of it that he thinks I'm lovely or whatever! :D:rolleyes::rolleyes: Funny World of Online Dating. :D:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Coming home today after a few days in England. Woke up this morning worrying about work....I'm not back until tomorrow :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

When the person in front of you at Supermarket check out doesn't put down the marker at the end of their shopping.
    Very trivial I know but bugs the hell out of me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

€7 admin fee to buy a Voucher with Aer Lingus. What the actual fock they're doing I don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

When my alarm went off at 5:30am and it hit me all at once that I had to do a commute, a full day of work, a gym session and go grocery shopping before I'll get to sit down at all this evening. First world problem, I know.

TA'd someone won't pay me to watch netflix all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

SusieBlue wrote: »
    When my alarm went off at 5:30am and it hit me all at once that I had to do a commute, a full day of work, a gym session and go grocery shopping before I'll get to sit down at all this evening. First world problem, I know.

TA'd someone won't pay me to watch netflix all day.

The Govt pay handsomely for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

There's a fella I work with who when giving out his e-mail address over the phone to somebody insists on calling the 'dot' a 'full stop'... it drives me mad.

yeah, so it's "first name" full stop "surname" at "company" full stop ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

razorblunt wrote: »
    The Govt pay handsomely for it.

while the hours are great the money really is pretty ****. I couldn't survive on the money that social welfare give you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,926 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm covering our receptionist's lunch today. Rang her there to see what time she wanted me to come down at and she goes "12.30 to 1 and then 5 to 5.30". I'm covering your lunch, sunshine, not the end of your shift. Have to leave early myself today so I told her I couldn't do 5-5.30. "Well you'll have to find someone else to cover it", says she.

Eh, sorry, but why is it up to me to find cover for you??? Piss off and do it yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Had a java exam today, 65 to pass, I got 61, gutted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Had a java exam today, 65 to pass, I got 61, gutted.
    Could you not do a nested for loop to increment the grade? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

James__10 wrote: »
    Suffering from major exam stress. Started my final year college exams yesterday. Exam went well but I've got 3 more exams this week and I'm a nervous wreck. Can't sleep and feel sick. Roll on May 21st till it's all over.

Had my final exam today. The relief is too hard to put into words.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Could you not do a nested for loop to increment the grade? :pac:

Hehe Ya fecker! Ya made me laugh out loud :D, :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

A man behind me in the supermarket queue breathing his stinking cigarette breath over me. Ugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Drove all the way out to tallaght to get some bike tyres that were marked down...only to discover that the tyres i wanted are not the marked down ones. Wasted journey.
    I seem to be allergic to paying full price for anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I was in Riverstown this morning (a little village on the Tipp/Offaly border) to watch the Rás Tailteann cycle race pass. A couple of years ago in the same pace there was loads of children down from the local school to cheer it on. But today I suppose due to the torrents of rain, there was me, an elderly lady at her front door and a Guard minding a junction watching it. Feckin rain

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

A van with a billboard for the 'No' side driving up and down the quays with 'The Final Countdown' by Europe BLASTING out of it. Wherever you stand on the issue that is just distasteful

Vel wrote: »
    A van with a billboard for the 'No' side driving up and down the quays with 'The Final Countdown' by Europe BLASTING out of it. Wherever you stand on the issue that is just distasteful

They're playing "Staying Alive" now. Talk about tone deaf. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

The blind person driving the bog Merc behind me.
    The reason I'm not moving on green is because there is a child crossing on front on me.
    Beep all you want, you cleft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭Archeron

My dog won't stop farting. They're so noxious I can see them floating around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I updated Windows 10 last night and it basically wiped out my Windows. Had to do a whole rigmarolle to reset laptop and reinstall Windows and have lost all my stuff. Thankfully didn't really have much that isn't saved on hard drives, and signing in to Chrome and Microsoft has me back on track but damn Windows 10 updates, stupid things.
    I think I had very low memory on laptop so whatever update was the straw that broke the camel's back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I was in Riverstown this morning (a little village on the Tipp/Offaly border) to watch the Rás Tailteann cycle race pass. A couple of years ago in the same pace there was loads of children down from the local school to cheer it on. But today I suppose due to the torrents of rain, there was me, an elderly lady at her front door and a Guard minding a junction watching it. Feckin rain

They passed through where I live today, got to see them pass as I was stuck in traffic on my way home. Seemed to be great excitement all around town for the stage finish, despite the rain :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The muppets outside next doors house . Sometimes two or three , tonight seven or eight of them . No consideration for anyone , least of all their own children , only going up the road now to put the kids to bed for school in the morning . WTF , these are small children :(:(

Sometimes (a lot) I hate where I live (

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

When someone leaves the remote control over beside the amp. Then I have to get up and walk over to the amp to get the remote, which negates the whole point of a remote!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People on facebook saying Did you have a nice holiday GUYS.eNJOY YOURSELF guys.Boils my piss.Guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Bus w*nkers. People who:

Snort and hock
    Constantly sniff instead of just blowing their nose
    Take up too much of the seat
    Open windows beside them so that they don't feel the draft but those sitting in front or behind them do.
    Wear Lynx Africa
    Eat smelly food
    Chew Noisily
    Sneeze and spread their germs everywhere.
    Take forever to count out their fare.
    Shake their leap card in front of the machine. I actually saw a woman doing it today when it wouldn't work the first time. What's the point shaking it when it doesn't work? Its not a f*cking lighter love....

But mostly I am glad they are not luas passengers and that makes me feel safer. TA'ing... but not dangerous :p

People who outstay their welcome. I love having friends over for dinner and drinks, and will always offer a friend or couple a bed for the night. It's great - we can all drink, nobody is stuck being driver, no worries about taxis and getting home and you can all relax etc. Get up the next morning around 11, have brekky - then please leave at 12! I don't know why people insist on staying until 4 or 5 the next day - the whole day is gone then :( If I was staying in someone else's, I'd want to be leaving around 11 or 12 the next day anyway.

Whenever a kid says something remotely profound, there is always one tosspot waiting to go, "Ah...from the mouths of babes" as they nod sagely - argh shut up!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People who outstay their welcome. I love having friends over for dinner and drinks, and will always offer a friend or couple bed for the night. It's great - we can all drink, nobody is stuck being driver, no worries about taxis and getting home and you can all relax etc. Get up the next morning around 11, have brekky - then please leave at 12! I don't know why people insist on staying until 4 or 5 the next day - the whole day is gone then :( If I was staying in someone else's, I'd want to be leaving around 11 or 12 the next day anyway.

People have no cop on.At least make noises to move and then teh host will ask you to stay longer or get you your coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The teabag i used must have split as my tea is full of loose leaves.

dubstarr wrote: »
    People have no cop on.At least make noises to move and then teh host will ask you to stay longer or get you your coat.

Exactly. Last time I'd to start cleaning for them to take a hint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

In an empty cinema waiting for the movie to start. One other person comes in and decides to sit 2 seats away from me. Weirdo alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People who outstay their welcome. I love having friends over for dinner and drinks, and will always offer a friend or couple a bed for the night. It's great - we can all drink, nobody is stuck being driver, no worries about taxis and getting home and you can all relax etc. Get up the next morning around 11, have brekky - then please leave at 12! I don't know why people insist on staying until 4 or 5 the next day - the whole day is gone then :( If I was staying in someone else's, I'd want to be leaving around 11 or 12 the next day anyway.

100% agree - this drives me absolutely bananas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Another petrol station ta - was driving home yesterday after a weekend in the west yesterday and was in a hurry as I had to work in the afternoon. I sensed I might have a flat tyre as the steering felt heavy. Stopped the car and say that one wheel was almost flat. Luckily I was on the outskirts of a town and could see petrol station up ahead. Turned in and could see where I could get air but as I was turning the car to get it at the correct angle to the air pump another car drove in and parked at the air pump. Driver gets out - and goes into the shop. Then I decided he may need change as the air cost a euro. After about five mins he came back out got into his car and drove away! Ffs. So annoyed at having been delayed. Also ta that air costs a euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

other half regularly borrows my leap card at weekends, never returns it, I generally only realize this when I'm standing at a bus stop like a pleb with no change or leap card. damn you other half...GET YOUR OWN LEAP CARD THEY ARE NOT A SCARCE ITEM FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

I don't know if this would be classed as TA, but maybe it's the grieving process or i'm just annoyed that after paying a lump sum for a cruciate ligament operation on my dog, he ended up developing an ulcer from the medication and after several trips back to the vet (again which I had to pay for), he passed away last Thursday, in his sleep after the damn thing it perforated.....had him since he was 5 months old, and passed away a few days before he turned 6...far too young!!

Also ta that air costs a euro.

9 times out of 10 that's just a deposit that you get back when you replace the hose, like in a shopping trolley. The only places I know of that actually charge for air are the Topazes with the digital machines where you input the pressure you want and the machine does its thang automatically.

I have my probationary review in work today and I'd put money on my boss pushing it out to later in the week.

Danny_B wrote: »
    I don't know if this would be classed as TA, but maybe it's the grieving process or i'm just annoyed that after paying a lump sum for a cruciate ligament operation on my dog, he ended up developing an ulcer from the medication and after several trips back to the vet (again which I had to pay for), he passed away last Thursday, in his sleep after the damn thing it perforated.....had him since he was 5 months old, and passed away a few days before he turned 6...far too young!!

That's terrible, really sorry :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Danny_B wrote: »

Aw I'm so sorry, losing a pet is so hard :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement