Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Danny_B wrote: »
    I don't know if this would be classed as TA, but maybe it's the grieving process or I'm just annoyed that after paying a lump sum for a cruciate ligament operation on my dog, he ended up developing an ulcer from the medication and after several trips back to the vet (again which I had to pay for), he passed away last Thursday, in his sleep after the damn thing it perforated.....had him since he was 5 months old, and passed away a few days before he turned 6...far too young!!

That's horrible for you, but take care of yourself, some studies show grieving a pet is the same as grieving a loved one, keep an eye out for emotional shock symptoms.

TA, that our beloved pets don't live as long as we do.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

When your heart is broke for your friend and you don't know what to do to help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Companies which expect me to have complied with the GDPR regs, pfft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Bredabe wrote: »
    I don't know if this would be classed as TA, but maybe it's the grieving process or i'm just annoyed that after paying a lump sum for a cruciate ligament operation on my dog, he ended up developing an ulcer from the medication and after several trips back to the vet (again which I had to pay for), he passed away last Thursday, in his sleep after the damn thing it perforated.....had him since he was 5 months old, and passed away a few days before he turned 6...far too young!!

That's horrible for you, but take care of yourself, some studies show greaving a pet is the same as grieving a loved one, keep an eye out for emotional shock symptoms.

TA, that our beloved pets don't live as long as we do.
    Thanks Bredabe, It's tough alright. But, I gave him a good second chance at life and he in turn helped me through some dark days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

T.a. at all my Clothes all being in the wash altogether..
    Thanks Bredabe, It's tough alright. But, I gave him a good second chance at life and he in turn helped me through some dark days.
    What a beautiful post. Love it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I have a dose of some sort of headcold at the moment. Felt rubbish at lunchtime so went to the chemist for some medication.
    I took two 4flu, completely forgot they aren't non-drowsy, and now I'm genuinely nodding off at my desk.
    I can barely keep my eyes open and I can't concentrate.
    I'd rather suffer through the crappy headcold than spend the rest of the afternoon fighting sleep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

T.a. at all my Clothes all being in the wash altogether..
    What a beautiful post.  Love it...
    He was a Shetland Rough Collie that came from the ISPCA in Keenagh. He had some calcium deficiencies, rickets and a touch of mange from being mistreated and abandoned with his mother and what was believed to be his father. 
    Couldn't have asked for a more kinder loveable dog, even if I tried.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Windows 10 updates on boot up, taking forever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Worst is when you are logging off after a long day and Windows decides to install updates that take an age....And delay you leaving the office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Hearing about an offer on Mint Cornettos when the shops are closed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

No sign of any mint ice bergers in the shops I visited today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Remember I shared my TA yesterday at how Windows 10 security update wiped off my personal laptop ?

Well today it did exactly the same on my professional laptop of the same make (Fujitsu). :mad:

No way to avoid it at all, it's the "shut down and update" sneaky move that you can't refuse after having delayed updates for a while.

Good thing I'm a teacher reaching the end of the school year, as I had some important-ish files keeping records of what went on throughout the year, at least it's minimal damage at this time (would have needed them for possible inspections throughout school year !).

IT guy has the laptop for repair so at least didn't have to fix that one myself.

... so 2 stars and a TA ! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd that I scratched the side of my (otherwise spotless!) car. Fcuk me anyway :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Have to make a decision on something and I feel like I won't win either way. Just feel totally stuck between a rock and a hard place right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Windows 10 updating for an hour now. Snoozefest.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Windows 10.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Remember I shared my TA yesterday at how Windows 10 security update wiped off my personal laptop ?

Well today it did exactly the same on my professional laptop of the same make (Fujitsu). :mad:

No way to avoid it at all, it's the "shut down and update" sneaky move that you can't refuse after having delayed updates for a while.

Good thing I'm a teacher reaching the end of the school year, as I had some important-ish files keeping records of what went on throughout the year, at least it's minimal damage at this time (would have needed them for possible inspections throughout school year !).

Ohhh the fudgers :eek: :mad:

I was actually thinking of your post last night when I shut down and it was updating and was afraid that what happened to you would happen to me :eek:
    Windows 10 updating for an hour now. Snoozefest.
    New Home wrote: »
    Windows 10.
    Worst is when you are logging off after a long day and Windows decides to install updates that take an age....And delay you leaving the office.

Hhahaha everyone is hating on windows 10 today :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've hated it from day 1, when they were "offering" the "free upgrade"! I even decided against buying a new computer 'cause Windows 10 was pre-installed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I ignored all the free upgrades, still on Windows 7 here.

Laptop is 7/8 years old now & slowly starting to fade. Battery lasts no length, have to use external keyboard as some keys don't work.

Holding off as long as possible before replacing.

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I ignored all the free upgrades, still on Windows 7 here.

Laptop is 7/8 years old now & slowly starting to fade. Battery lasts no length, have to use external keyboard as some keys don't work.

Holding off as long as possible before replacing.
    I had XP. I had to change it.

I had XP. I had to change it.

Old school :cool:

Old school :cool:

Tell me about it. Cost me about 1500 for the whole package back then.

Tell me about it. Cost me about 1500 for the whole package back then.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I had no choice, it just came on. Could have reverted the personal one, but had to get used to it anyway as the professional one has to have 10 for school software and system.

That security update is outrageous, it's like, "yeah whatever, we don't care and you should have backed up anyway".
    I'd go back to Windows 8 in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I've an ancient emachines laptop, they went out of business years ago. It has Windows 7, which I like, but it's so slow. On borrowed time, I fear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

:eek:

thats nothing. My first desktop PC cost me £3000 (thats pounds not euros) in 1998.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My DVR is 3/4 full of subtitled films/programmes.
    So busy atm that I'm forced to multi-screen, which means I miss the point of the English language progs and cant watch the subtitles at all.

Means I'm stuck watching complete rubbish tv.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The cnuts at Wok & Go in Manchester who made multiple fraudulent transactions on my debit card this evening. It had to be cancelled which leaves me without it for coming to Dublin on Friday :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I've a feckin exam tomorrow for a subject that's boring me to death. It's at 9:30 tomorrow morning and I'd done eff all revision it - and here I am at 2:15am perusing AH.

EDIT: Oh sorry, I though this was the Where Are You Now thread.

So ya, it's so annoying when you post in the wrong thread and then you have to explain yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

On a bus and the woman sitting behind me has no conception of inside voice.She's all but shouting into her phone. Then she laughs and it's even louder. She's from Leixlip and keeps talking about the murder there. "No it wasn't that guy, it was X. Yeah, they're looking at X and Y"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Walked too far on dodgy foot yesterday and it's painful today. Can't even use my good painkillers because they aren't safe to take while breastfeeding. Grargh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There's loads of stuff you can do to improve the performance of your machine.
    Get yourself some compound paste and a can of compressed air and go to town. There are loads of youtube videos on how to clean the fan and replace compound paste. It makes a huge difference.
    Also defrag your drives, open up Disk Defragmentor on Windows, click on Analyse, then click on defrag when that finishes.

You can then start looking at what's consuming most memory and CPU usage on your machine and stop loads of unnecessary services running.

My TA, I'm a huge f*cking nerd.

Still very TA'd that I scratched my car yesterday :rolleyes: It'll be late next week at the very earliest until I can get it sorted, and the expense of it too. All when I could just have been more careful :mad: Lesson learned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Just noticed this morning that someone tipped off my car and put a dent in the rear bumper :mad:
    This karma thing better be real!

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Still very TA'd that I scratched my car yesterday :rolleyes: It'll be late next week at the very earliest until I can get it sorted, and the expense of it too. All when I could just have been more careful :mad: Lesson learned

Some scratches can be repaired easily! If it's just scratch that's not deep, you can get a toolkit from the like of Halfords to sort it out. Or get some compound wax to buff it out.

I'm had 3 meetings cancel today that I've put in loads of prep for.
    Stop cancelling my f*cking meetings.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Some scratches can be repaired easily! If it's just scratch that's not deep, you can get a toolkit from the like of Halfords to sort it out. Or get some compound wax to buff it out.

I think it might be beyond that unfortunately, although I must admit that I wouldn't really know either way :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Boards is telling me I have unread posts when I've read them

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

Boards is telling me I have unread posts when I've read them

They're by a person, or persons who have you on ignore

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

The roof of my mouth has been killing me every time I eat for the past few days. Not sure if it's my tongue bar. I've had it for the last 11 years but wondering if I will have to take it out. My missus will be more than trivially annoyed with me if I do take it out :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    My missus will be more than trivially annoyed with me if I do take it out :p

ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-bouvier-des-flandres-puppies-for-sale-uk.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The volume dial on my car radio is broken. I’m pedantic about the number it has to be on and I cannot have it at uneven numbers. It’s now broken which means I can’t tell the number it’s on and it’s making me irrationally agitated. The thoughts it could be on no.7 is making me weak :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

The sound isn't working on my phone,I thought I just wasn't hearing it for the last few days but it's broken and so annoying.I know f all about phones and don't even want to think about the hassle of changing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I overheard someone complaining that the weather is too hot.

Have a 99 and STFU!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Colser wrote: »
    The sound isn't working on my phone,I thought I just wasn't hearing it for the last few days but it's broken and so annoying.I know f all about phones and don't even want to think about the hassle of changing it.

Hassle indeed, I got the new improved version of my old one, the amount of times I want to hop it off a wall is unreal, photos are crap, (23mp camera) like sepia in low light or on zoom, which it proudly boasts it's brilliant in reviews, predictive text, you start typing but after the first letter it's moved on so the rest of the word is gibberish, it remembers the "new words" you type, it does in it's ass, Crock of sh1t. but the thoughts of wasting more money on a tiny box of electrics, is more annoying.

selous wrote: »
    Hassle indeed, I got the new improved version of my old one, the amount of times I want to hop it off a wall is unreal, photos are crap, (23mp camera) like sepia in low light or on zoom, which it proudly boasts it's brilliant in reviews, predictive text, you start typing but after the first letter it's moved on so the rest of the word is gibberish, it remembers the "new words" you type, it does in it's ass, Crock of sh1t. but the thoughts of wasting more money on a tiny box of electrics, is more annoying.

Oh mine is heading out the f*ing window...it has sound on FB videos etc but nothing for messages or calls..at least I can't hear the kids ringing for spins so every cloud....😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

Colser wrote: »
    Oh mine is heading out the f*ing window...it has sound on FB videos etc but nothing for messages or calls..at least I can't hear the kids ringing for spins so every cloud....😀

That's not a fault, that's a setting that's been activated by mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

I GET IT, I FUUCKING GET IT, YOUVE UPDATED YOUR FUUCKING PRIVACY POLICY

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I left three face cleansing sponges out on the garden table overnight to dry after I washed them. One was pale blue and the other two were yellow. The two yellow ones were gone this morning. I am blaming the birds. Didn't know they could differentiate between colours though. Maybe the yellow ones smelled better!

That's not a fault, that's a setting that's been activated by mistake

I've looked in settings but can't sort it..I'll go into the shop tomorrow and see if they can sort it ...probably something any of the kids could sort but I'm starting to enjoy the silence.

TA people who can't admit when they're wrong....ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'm sick of walking into town and every second cúnt trying to give me a Yes or No leaflet, gone beyond a joke now!

Can't wait for it to be over!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement