Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

When you drop something on the floor why does it always bounce and roll into the most difficult place to retrieve it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

People who have no concept of basic hygiene. It's warm out, shower, change your clothes...
    Lost count of the number of smelly fcukers I encountered today in close proximity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The referendum campaign. Eugh I actually could not give a toss at this stage, I just want it over.:(

Also some wan behind me on the bus this morning coughed the WHOEL way in - I feel like I need to wash my hair :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Why do people not use the little flag thing on Outlook to track what emails they haven't actioned yet? I shouldn't have to remind you twice to do something that was emailed to you on the 9th of May. How do people track their work if they don't use the flags? Ugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

In a garden behind us they let the blessed dog out every morning with a squeaky toy .For gods sake just give him a quiet toy at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Stupid neighbour leaving front door to building wide open while he goes off to buy his paper landlord doesn't give a duck about situation had another neighbour knocking on my door a few nights back looking for aspirin.

I need a service dog to open my door and bite these ****ers for me. I'm thinking a tiny one whose teeth I can sharpen to points. Wooooooooof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Why do the majority of female voices on radio have a whispy sounding "s" when they speak?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

kfallon wrote: »
    I'm sick of walking into town and every second cúnt trying to give me a Yes or No leaflet, gone beyond a joke now!

Can't wait for it to be over!

The f*ckers holding signs on the street:

Beep
    For
    Yes

That's the wrong f*cking message you saps. Beeps do not count as f*cking actual votes ye donkeys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I’m wearing a summer dress today, it’s buttoned to the ground and I’ve already lost two buttons.
    Let’s see how this ends up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I had a sex dream about a boardsie last night. That's it, that's too much time on boards for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I’m wearing a summer dress today, it’s buttoned to the ground and I’ve already lost two buttons.

That sounds like a tent! Buttoned to the ground? Zips all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

An American person I know has an Irish girlfriend. She has somehow morphed into an American with her fake accent. She gives herself away all the time because she can't keep it up. They speak at ridiculous volumes with their accents. It drives me mad!

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    I had a sex dream about a boardsie last night. That's it, that's too much time on boards for me.
    d7712614a889df4710e22baf96c93c09.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I hope I was better than in real life :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Was it with retro:electro whilst wearing a summer dress that it popping open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Was it with retro:electro whilst wearing a summer dress that it popping open?

Sadly no but that will be an image I can recall again later! :p though I will say that it was a lovely boards lady ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Neighbours who can't keep their tools away from the shrubbery :pac:

I appreciate there has been a bit of a growth spurt in the garden over the last few weeks but the hedges only need a trim, not a massacre! And where are all birds gone now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Unreliable people.

Sadly no but that will be an image I can recall again later! :p though I will say that it was a lovely boards lady ;)

And that is the sound of every dude on boards becoming erect haha

*three buttons pop*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I think I'm getting a cold, how the feck can I get a cold in this weather #ffs

Seven Worlds will Collide

*three buttons pop*

How many buttons are we talking in total here?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

twitter has been ruined. can't i just follow peoples posts? I dont want to see their likes or retweets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Fcuking pain of a Brazilian to get home and discover they've missed a bit :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

northgirl wrote: »

Cleopatra will help you out there.. she'll even kiss it better afterwards for you!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Who's turn is it to post that Carry On meme?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Your Face wrote: »
    Who's turn is it to post that Carry On meme?

ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-bouvier-des-flandres-puppies-for-sale-uk.jpg

Send an email to someone with a series of decidedly not yes/no answers.
    Get a reply: 'Yes, thanks'. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Are these people for real or has some sort of devil hired them to antagonise me?

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    How many buttons are we talking in total here?

14 in total, dropping by the hour :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd that it was sunny all morning, and now that I'm out of placement, the sun's gone in and it looks like rain :(

Yep spitting rain - bye Summer

Yep spitting rain - bye Summer

Not one for checking the forecast are you?

You musn't visit here often and get the generally light hearted tone of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

TA my skin is so sensitive. Just winced my way through a Brazilian wax.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Moody brothers, won't be attempting conversation with you again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd at my brain for making all the small things seem like something and worrying unnecessarily about it. Like a broken record I am :p

northgirl wrote: »
    TA my skin is so sensitive. Just winced my way through a Brazilian wax.

Jasus what's with all the brazilian's going on? Is this a new trend amongst Boards ladies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Partner got a letter from a place where he applied from a job, place is stuck in the past and still relies on snail mail. He's not home today now the letter sits on the window sill and I'm DYING to know what's in it but I'm not allowed to touch it until he's home tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I blink and there are 10 more pages of TAs to read, though that could be considered a thing to make me TH to be fair.

My total inability to stay clean. I got two new pairs of pants earlier in the week. They didn't cost the earth but am TA that suncream got on the black pair yesterday and there is what looks suspiciously like a grease stain on the green ones I am wearing now :(.
    Family members who I love dearly but never take on board any of my suggestions to make a change in their lives. The constant negativity is such a drain even though I do understand their situations. Constantly feel like I am banging my head off a wall :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The cat had diahorrea on the sofa.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

madmaggie wrote: »
    The cat had diahorrea on the sofa.

You could make a nice stew with that :D

The sheer amount of GDPR related emails I'm getting

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Jasus what's with all the brazilian's going on? Is this a new trend amongst Boards ladies?

It was totally worth it! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I'm being particularly needy tonight, trying to catch friends on WhatsApp, Facebook messenger, Snapchat, and old-school texts and they are all ignoring me.... :(

KatW4 wrote: »
    An American person I know has an Irish girlfriend. She has somehow morphed into an American with her fake accent. She gives herself away all the time because she can't keep it up. They speak at ridiculous volumes with their accents. It drives me mad!
    Lol. the average american has no grasp of the inside voice despite coming up with the term.

When you buy fruit especially pears or apples and they are totally bland and tasteless.
    It's not over or under ripe but you might as well eat soggy cardboard.

Speaking of losing buttons, for the first time in at least 10 years my trousers button broke off yesterday. Will have to go home to Mammy and mention it in passing ...

Oh, and shoe laces. Why do I still buy shoes which need laces! They always break just when I need to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TG1 wrote: »
    I'm being particularly needy tonight, trying to catch friends on WhatsApp, Facebook messenger, Snapchat, and old-school texts and they are all ignoring me.... :(

Apart from a text to the landlord & reply, my phone has not had any messages today.

Thanks for making me realise this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I burnt my mouth, my stomach is swollen and I'm sick of the whole lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

My eyesight deteriorating with the onset of middle age. I need one pair of glasses to see far away And a different pair to see close up. If I am looking at something within a few feet of my face I don't need glasses at all. I used to see my late mother constantly changing her glasses, putting them on her head etc. And now I'm at it. I also have prescription sunglasses so there's a lot of chopping and changing when the sun is shining. Oh I nearly forgot - I have another pair of anti glare glasses for driving. Bifocals and contacts never worked for me and I had laser about twenty years ago which worked magically up to about five years ago. Ta at growing old!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

JCX BXC wrote: »
    The sheer amount of GDPR related emails I'm getting

ALL of which arrived today! millions and millions of them. Which say they need to be back to them by tom!!!!. Half of them have links that don't work. If they think I'm going to message them about links that don't work in the 24 hrs notice lolol. DUH! my job, the thing I do days and evenings, doesn't leave me time to give a (*&& your links don't work.

O/H is #hometovote in the other side of the country, it's great and all that he gets to spend the night with his kids, but I'm stuck here and I've not touched him in months.

Ppl who say 'I would have voted this way if it was about this' but when I ask them to articulate what they mean, they are missing a giant flaw in their own logic. :mad:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement