Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I only have enough milk for tea now or breakfast in the morning. I could go out & around the corner to shop but that involves moving & interacting with people.

:eek: That’s not trivial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

:eek: That’s not trivial.

It is very high on the TA scale alright.

Just as well you didn't, somebody replaced your cup of Barry's tea with lyons tea :eek: the cheek ehhhh :mad:

:pac:

That would be blasphemy :D
    I have to get up and make another cup now.
    Ugggh, effort :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Cut my finger at work, it hurts :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Some utter **** had abandoned their car overnight at our office gate

The fact that every man nowadays has some slight variation of the same haircut and it just makes it boring for us all. But yet it persists as the universal fashion since 2012/13. And it makes eveyone look better looking so everyone is more self-aware of their appearance and more vain - hence why young lads who would have been going around in tracksuits with primitive haircuts 15 years ago and openly scornful of anyone who appeard concerned with their image, are going around with meticulously cut undercuts, tight fashionable good-looking clothing and using sun-beds. It annoys me because I know the root cause of men being unwilling to go back to being less self-aware of their appearance is the introduction of social media and smartphones and so if the best looking people with the most likes are those with "that" haircut, then others will gravitate towards it because they will look relatively worse without it. I just long for the innocence of life pre-social media when good-looking people were the exception instead of the norm. It just stirs lots of mixed negative emotions in me i find hard to articulate. Because things aren't going to change, this technology is here to stay and it would takevery high profile celebrities to condemn social media and smartphones for things to change, and they are the least likely to do that since they benefit the most. Although even they must feel blunted to adulation at this stage, getting constant validation. Male models who all look the same incites negative emotions in me. I am forced to be concenred with my own appearance because i'm bombarded with images of good-looking people everywhere. and when i am on the way to work everyone is glued to their smartphone the instant they feel the slightest bit bored - of course, what else would they do but it still annoys me to see for reasons i find hard to explain.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd Same problem I had with the avocado's last week, they look ripe but when I cut into them you'd swear I was trying to cut into granite rock in the core of the earth :eek:!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

I pay my tv licence.. but don't watch RTE... today I am, I'm keeping an eye on the referendum count...
    But just saw an advert for an rte drama... "Dare to be Wild' ... about 1 woman's struggle to become Ireland's first Chelsea flower gold medalist..... RTE... politely fck off

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Sticky heat. I had a shower this morning and by this afternoon I was already smelling like...
    latest?cb=20110108084949

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Why won't they release the referendum results for the last few consituencies?
    The count has finished in 2 of them but they are not allowed to announce the results like all the others did until after the national announcement - it's not X Factor FFS we don't need fake drama and suspense!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

At a wedding and my boyfriend is sitting beside me checking out women. Gonna chop his balls off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

On my way to the airport. Don't want to leave Ireland :(

Cleopatra_ wrote: »

You'll be back..... unfortunately :P

You'll be back..... unfortunately :P

Now you are my trivial annoyance :p

Now you are my trivial annoyance :p

Nothing trivial about me :)

But yay! I annoy people

Liverpool fans....sorry guys.... but I'm hoping ye get spanked and Ronaldo gets a hattrick

A big stupid pompous self important know it all condescending passive aggressive casual racist bully has been TAing me for ages :mad::mad::mad: Gahhh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

For years now I have been singing along to The Frank and Walters After All as "I think of you as my last ride". Apparently it is "life's shrine". TA I like my version better.

Liverpool fans....sorry guys.... but I'm hoping ye get spanked and Ronaldo gets a hattrick

Now you are my TA.

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Now you are my TA.

Just need Witchie now for my hattrick!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The fact that I have a roughly equal hatred of Liverpool and Real Madrid and as such have no idea of who to go for this evening.

The weapon of mass distraction that is all that commercial sport shíte, its fake "rivalries" and its equally fake "celebrity" culture and in general the free advertising for those private businesses that is imposed on us in every news bulletin. Ugh.

Sergio Ramos :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Karius

Karius

This :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

may as well have Darius in goal

Karius is a bit more than a TA at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Inane Football banter spilling into other people's conversations.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd someone thought it was a good idea to give Ray DArcy his own show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Do your patriotic duty and annoy the Brits. :D

• Advertisement

madmaggie wrote: »
    Do your patriotic duty and annoy the Brits. :D

I try my best :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

At a wedding and my boyfriend is sitting beside me checking out women. Gonna chop his balls off

Maybe his eye is wandering because his missus is eyeing up boards.ie and he's lonely :p

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Noo

LirW wrote: »
    Jumpsuits simply don't look good on normal women, it's awful. It's all gravy when you're 1,78 and a size 6, you'll look good in anything. More honest advertising in women's fashion please.

I'd just love if more woman would realise this, or have friends honest enough to say it. Something may look good on a model or on the hanger but be honest with yourself when you try it on.

"Awh ya hafta get dat jumpsu, ya look bleedin massive in it"

Yes, yes you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Eh...helllooooo....it's a well known fact that girls don't fart. Neither human girls nor doggy girls.
    Blame any or all the males on the premises.

Well the smell was not of human origin!

This morning I woke up very very wheezy. For 12 to 18 months now, my asthma has gotten progressively worse. I've had asthma my whole life but I've had an extremely stressful 2 years and I've noticed my asthma get worse during this stressful period of my life.
    I'm on the highest dose of inhalers so I'm sitting here googling what's next on the treatment plan and feeling haggard.
    Earlier in the week I heard someone saying that J Lo is 47 but biologically has the body of a 20 year old. I'm 30 but biologically have the body of an 85 year old, bad back, bad leg, bad knee, bad hips, bad neck, bad shoulders, bad lungs, sometimes I feel very fed up, which makes all the physical medical stuff harder to cope with.

Where is the good weather gone? Heat wave all fucking weekend?! What annoys me about this weather is, you get the grass cut while it's sunny, it looks beautiful for a day, then it starts raining again and the grass is like a jungle again within 3 days.

Do you ever have a week or 2 when you just have so much money you have to spend that you've no idea how you're going to do it all? All my bills are paid but it's my sister's birthday and my birthday at the same time so presents and celebrating means extra outgoings!

Wah.

Sorry, I'll probably delete this whingy post later.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

2 hours yesterday cutting branches of trees that I don't even own. Bloody neighbours.

erica74 wrote: »
    Well the smell was not of human origin!

This morning I woke up very very wheezy. For 12 to 18 months now, my asthma has gotten progressively worse. I've had asthma my whole life but I've had an extremely stressful 2 years and I've noticed my asthma get worse during this stressful period of my life.
    I'm on the highest dose of inhalers so I'm sitting here googling what's next on the treatment plan and feeling haggard.
    Earlier in the week I heard someone saying that J Lo is 47 but biologically has the body of a 20 year old. I'm 30 but biologically have the body of an 85 year old, bad back, bad leg, bad knee, bad hips, bad neck, bad shoulders, bad lungs, sometimes I feel very fed up, which makes all the physical medical stuff harder to cope with.

Where is the good weather gone? Heat wave all fucking weekend?! What annoys me about this weather is, you get the grass cut while it's sunny, it looks beautiful for a day, then it starts raining again and the grass is like a jungle again within 3 days.

Do you ever have a week or 2 when you just have so much money you have to spend that you've no idea how you're going to do it all? All my bills are paid but it's my sister's birthday and my birthday at the same time so presents and celebrating means extra outgoings!

Wah.

Sorry, I'll probably delete this whingy post later.

Whinge away..I'm kind of in the same boat... don't have good health, but I try to have a positive outlook... but for the past 6 months I have constant pain, had scans, tests and nothing showing up...yet I can barely move...it's fckin hard not to have some very dark feelings at times... but sod it...onwards and upwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TA I slept badly but through the thunderstorm :(

I only heard two rolls of thunder last night, then nothing.
    Daughter says she was woken up at 3 am by it, I would have loved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Those tubes of garlic and chillie and lemongrass and ginger are absolutely brilliant. But they expire after a few weeks way before I could use them all. You cant freeze them as they get too hard.
    Fckin waste!

My stupid fcuking fcuk head lungs. Leave me alone and let me take a breath you dickbirds.

Decided to do something nice, a suprise for the current Mrs Tin out of the goodness of my heart. Instead of a heartfelt thank you I get 'how are you going to top this one?' :mad: Cow.

• Advertisement

My boyfriend has had to give a colleague a lift to work the past week or so and he says everytime she gets into the car she complains about how I have the passenger seat adjusted. She told him to tell me specifically not to push it back so far and leave it as she has it adjusted. The absolute cheek of the bltch of it was my car she’d be walking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

My boyfriend has to give a colleague a lift to work the past week or so and he says everytime she gets into the car she complains about how I have the passenger seat adjusted. She told him to tell me specifically not to push it back so far and leave it as she has it adjusted. The absolute cheek of the bltch of it was my car she’d be walking

I would be leaving that seat in a really awkward position tomorrow morning...And would leave the seat slightly damp. 😂

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Why isn't your boyfriend setting her straight?

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    2 hours yesterday cutting branches of trees that I don't even own. Bloody neighbours.
    Don't cut anything over their side of the boundary line or you can get into trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I would be leaving that seat in a really awkward position tomorrow morning...And would leave the seat slightly damp. 😂

With a pin sticking out of it

New Home wrote: »
    Why isn't your boyfriend setting her straight?

That’s the annoying bit. I don’t know. I’d kick her out if it was the other way around. I think he just laughed it off out of awkwardness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

My boyfriend has had to give a colleague a lift to work the past week or so and he says everytime she gets into the car she complains about how I have the passenger seat adjusted. She told him to tell me specifically not to push it back so far and leave it as she has it adjusted. The absolute cheek of the bltch of it was my car she’d be walking

I'd be telling her she has three options , cop the fcuk on and leave the seat alone , sit in the back of the car , she won't have to worry about adjusting anything then apart from her mouth , or shanks mare

If she doesn't know what that is , tell her to get out of the car and she'll find out quick enough when he drives off and leaves her standing ....:D

That’s the annoying bit. I don’t know. I’d kick her out if it was the other way around. I think he just laughed it off out of awkwardness.
    She might be over him in work and he has to keep her sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Dundrum shoppIng centre car park. Hell on earth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Push the seat right back and put a chewed up piece of chewing gum on the adjusting handle . Oops !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement