Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I was nodding thinking this is a job for me....until the last line.

I was sending a couple of pictures to my mam today that she has been asking for. I noticed that when sending it said something like 'sending 14 images' when I only selected a few photos!

That caused a bit of panic!

I was on the Communion committee and keeping in contact with my daughter's teacher/other parents re arrangements. I was simultaneously texting my sister and the teacher one evening. The text to my sister was regarding the state of my bowels that day after eating a dose of steak the evening before, classy lady that I am :). The delivery message read delivered to the teacher, oh my God the panic, the shame, I will never forget it. Thankfully when I double checked it was a delayed delivery report from another text. I was buckled laughing with relief and at the thought of the teacher reading the text had she got it :)

My TA , I had a shower first thing and was a sweaty heap again before I was properly dry :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I was nodding thinking this is a job for me....until the last line.

I was sending a couple of pictures to my mam today that she has been asking for. I noticed that when sending it said something like 'sending 14 images' when I only selected a few photos!

That caused a bit of panic!

Sending d1ck pics to the mammy is a no no :p

I got my phone a year ago but for the first while I accidentally sent some nsfw photos to my sister, a group chat with friends and a friend of mine. I finally got the hang of the phone but that was a mortifying period of time in my life :p TA'd that I'm getting too old for technology already.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Sending d1ck pics to the mammy is a no no :p

I got my phone a year ago but for the first while I accidentally sent some nsfw photos to my sister, a group chat with friends and a friend of mine. I finally got the hang of the phone but that was a mortifying period of time in my life :p TA'd that I'm getting too old for technology already.

I have never and never will take a dick pic so we're all good there. :)
    I mean, how does one decide on the lighting, shadowing, angle, makeup, jewelry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

finally decided i have had enough of throat infections, strep and tonsil stones so I want to get my tonsils out. Every time i ring ENT the line is engaged - ahh.

have strep again and i am struggling to concentrate on most basic tasks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People holding the lift. Drives me mad when you're standing waiting for it to arrive and you can see that it is stopped on one floor and you can actually hear the beeping sound of the doors being held open and the tw*ts having a conversation. If you want to have a conversation then step OUT of the f*cking lift and let others use it! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

People walking around staring at the ground. It seems to be getting more and more common :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

D3V!L wrote: »
    People walking around staring at the ground. It seems to be getting more and more common :mad:
    I'm guilty of that. I'm sorry on behalf of idiots everywhere.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm guilty of that.

Ditto. But I never stop on dog's poo, and I find the odd coin or fiver. And it's a good way of avoiding eye contact with people you'd rather not see without having to cross the road. So it's a win-win-win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I know its hot out but people need to chill out in their cars.
    A fella got caught in a junction because a truck started reversing onto him and my line of traffic went nuts.
    One idiot was shouting out the window a few cars behind me ?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Sweaty underboob

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Sweaty underboob

Glistening Underboob!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

When a pub just HAS to have At the Races on for a run-of-the-mill meeting just to satisfy the few gambling regulars when there are a few different live sporting events on that are overlapping with each other that the majority of the punters would rather watch.

At least the gamblers can go to the bookies to watch a particular race (they presumably have a horse backed anyway). Bit strange doing similar to watch a match :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

When the skip company you ordered skips from previously tells you they aren't servicing your area at the moment. I need a skip, I need it now, you did deliver them before no problem, so fkucing bring me the skip I'll pay you graciously for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

Having to drink wine out of a cup at lunch so people don't think you have a problem :D:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This heat.

• Advertisement

When it's that time of the month, and I have to choose between agonizing pains or taking so much codeine that I am practically vegetative for 24 hours. :mad:

Our local pizzeria will deliver to us but only Sunday to Thursday. Because we live a bit further out than most people, they couldn't be bothered driving to us when they are busy, but they are damn glad of our business the rest of the time. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Sweaty underboob

That's Sheriff Sweaty Underboob to y'all. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭showpony1

the overweight women are "real women" brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Half my thumb nail just ripped off after getting caught in a pram.
    It hurts like a mofo, but the major TA is it’s no longer pretty like my other nails :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Have a bit of a headache so came home for a bit of a lie down before having to go out later.
    Head now pounding from power washer and bouncing ball sounds from neighbours
    Gah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Garda twitter page spelling "Licence" as "license",

Guardians of the roads but, alas, not the grammar :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

When a pub just HAS to have At the Races on for a run-of-the-mill meeting just to satisfy the few gambling regulars when there are a few different live sporting events on that are overlapping with each other that the majority of the punters would rather watch.

Proper order imo!

Try watching a race in a bookies with all the headbangers and fúcktards that frequent them trying to make conversation with you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Being sick when the weather is so good. Woke up with a sore throat and now I feel like utter shyte :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Got it myself sore throat and head cold last Thursday and still hanging on

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Feeling irrationally jealous. Need to get a grip of myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Slow ***** in the queue for train tickets. It is not rocket science to buy a ticket to central London from any of the airports...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Northern Ireland tv ads for road safety. They're so ott. It's like, oh no knocking someone down or even two people down isn't enough. No, we're going to have around twelve young kids all sitting together on a blanket as the car somersaults sideways through the wall and on top of them.

The remains of insects welded to the windscreen, can hardly see out. Using the washer only makes it worse most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Bikini shopping.
    I'm my normal size on the bottom, but had to go up 4 sizes on top, because the size 10 bikini top barely even covered my nipples. Why don't more of them come in cup sizes like bras?

• Advertisement

It's 4:55. I get awoken by a weird scratchy noise.
    I look to the source of the noise and tut and roll over to go back asleep.
    The missus tut's at me because she seen me waking up and leaving the cat hanging from the attic velux window by it's front claws with its back paws scrambling to get a grip on something. She had to get up and take it down.

Stupid cat trying to climb out the attic window and stupid o'clock and getting stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Bikini shopping.
    I'm my normal size on the bottom, but had to go up 4 sizes on top, because the size 10 bikini top barely even covered my nipples. Why don't more of them come in cup sizes like bras?

Sweet this post has 1 thanks...and I'd have bet my house on who it was....glad she didn't disappoint :)

TA I'm working...need white wine

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Bikini shopping.

Bikini shopping is the worst, if you have anywhere near a normal or a big bigger bra-size, you won't find anything that covers you and looks nice AND gives you support.
    Sometimes I'm wondering if companies make clothes for mannequins or actual average women too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

LirW wrote: »
    Bikini shopping is the worst, if you have anywhere near a normal or a big bigger bra-size, you won't find anything that covers you and looks nice AND gives you support.
    Sometimes I'm wondering if companies make clothes for mannequins or actual average women too?

Exactly! I mean, what exactly is a size 10 bikini top anyway? I know girls who are anything from an A cup to an F who wear a size 10.

And don't get me started on the dental floss straps, they might look pretty but a girl needs underwire and a proper back strap :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's 4:55. I get awoken by a weird scratchy noise.
    I look to the source of the noise and tut and roll over to go back asleep.
    The missus tut's at me because she seen me waking up and leaving the cat hanging from the attic velux window by it's front claws with its back paws scrambling to get a grip on something. She had to get up and take it down.

Stupid cat trying to climb out the attic window and stupid o'clock and getting stuck.

I'm with your wife.

New Home wrote: »
    I'm with your wife.

If the gobsh*te gets himself into that situation, he can get himself out of it :)

Nope, still with your wife. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The humidity making my hair all frizzy. how am i supposed to look cool with frizzy hair?

New Home wrote: »
    Nope, still with your wife. :D

She was closer and left he window open?

• Advertisement

Wanted to prepare dinner, took the spuds out, saw that they were moldy... ffs, I just bought them a few days ago!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Have to make a presentation Tuesday for the project I'm doing in Android studio, I hate presentations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Now that I'm stuck at seaside HQ for another 11 months, it's been pointed out to me that I should start building some kind of local network/friendships. Most of my current ones are based elsewhere, another ta.

So this ta, to this end I've been going to colleagues social events, garden parties/bbq's/FHC/C parties. Without exception at least a handful ppl notice the accent and ask if I miss my hometown, I say yes, nothing is the same here.

Inevitably followed by "why don't you go back there then :rolleyes:"? or my particular annoyance, women simper to their husbands, "remember when we moved here first darling and how homesick I was" after which they reassure me the I will "get used to it".

Each and every time I want to scream and say "I don't want to get used to it, I want to go freaking home".:mad::mad:
    And stop using my pain to reminisce with your husband to reignite your passions for each other.:eek::eek:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Absolute mankballs spitting on the pavement.
    I need a vomit emoji here.

Absolute mankballs spitting on the pavement.
    I need a vomit emoji here.

barfing.gif

barfing.gif

Perfect, thank you. My emoji hero :D

TA, I really want an ice pop but I’m trying so hard to be good and resist :(

• Advertisement

Perfect, thank you. My emoji hero :D

TA, I really want an ice pop but I’m trying so hard to be good and resist :(

Its a crime not to have one on a day like today so therefore ehh go forth and have one :3 :pac:

I was getting a glass out of the cupboard and I managed to knock a wine glass out. It duly bounced off the counter and went in a hundred pieces. I don't give a damn about the glass but am wary of little slivers that might be lurking on the floor. I've swept thoroughly and will give a run of hoover later.

Fecking should have just guzzled the cola out of the bottle!

Its a crime not to have one on a day like today so therefore ehh go forth and have one :3 :pac:

Well I do try to stay on the right side of the law, ice pop it is :D

TA deciding which :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Fecking should have just guzzled the cola out of the bottle!

Replace 'cola' with 'wine' in that sentence and you have my sentiments!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,926 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That my dog felt the need to get up during the night and drink most of my bedside glass of water.

Also, the constant boob talk on here lately. We get it, ladies, you are possessed of breasts.

Also, next door's kids. They're incapable of playing with eachother for more than five minutes at a stretch without one of them having a meltdown. They've also fired their football over the fence three times in the less than 15 minutes I've been out here trying to read my book.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement