Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I had salt & vinegar crisps last night and my mouth still feels icky and gross even though I've eaten other things and brushed my teeth several times since :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I live beside one of the nicest beaches in the country, we walk the dog there most days rain or shine. Annoyed that I thought it would be a good idea to go down there on a hot bank holiday weekend. So many inconsiderate, filthy, rubbish leaving tw*ts down in their mobile homes for the weekend taking over the place.
    I hate crowds.

Daytrippers :mad: We live in a really quiet area and once the weather is nice everyone decides they will take a trip. Wouldn't mind that so much, it's the fact that they speed on a little country road with no regard to the fact that it is a residential and agricultural area, with farm animals and machinery as well as people living there with family so children too. And the rubbish they leave :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anxiety.

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Almost missed my flight, was last to board. I suffer from anxiety especially travelling and especially travelling alone. Had a cry at the wrong gate because it was closed and then realised it was the wrong gate. On the plane now and trying not to cry and just calm down.

You'll be grand,take deep slow breaths.

Fare well Cleopatra, safe flight

*waves white hanky*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Grab-you-by-the-throat-and-scream-in-your-face type of radio station ID jingles

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just put the rubbish out and walked into a cobweb.
    A proper face full.
    I’m traumatised :eek:

Be sure to check for spider babies now in your hair :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Be sure to check for spider babies now in your hair :pac:

32zntpt.gif

You are now my TA Seph :p

*runs to shower*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

You are now my TA Seph :p

*runs to shower*

In fairness, had Seph mentioned spider babies getting in to your ear it would have been a much bigger TA. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I bought a reusable coffee cup yesterday. It was €1.50 and really light so I can carry it around in my backpack. I have other reusable cups but they're all heavy so a bit cumbersome to cart around.
    So anyway, delighted with my new cup, I just went to get my morning coffee. I handed in my cup, paid and then stood off to the side waiting on my coffee. Next thing I spotted the person making the coffee, pouring my coffee from one of their own disposable cups into my reusable cup... "oh I didn't spot your cup" she said when I asked her about it. It was literally right in front of her, between her 2 arms as she was making the coffee in the disposable cup.
    The whole point of a reusable cup is to avoid using a disposable cup:rolleyes:

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

In fairness, had Seph mentioned spider babies getting in to your ear it would have been a much bigger TA. :D

24xevjr.jpg

*Adds Trigger to list*

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I stayed in somebody's house and there was a big collection of empty bottles in the shower which you keep knocking over with your feet. Do you think if you leave them for long enough the shampoo fairy will come and refill them for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Grab-you-by-the-throat-and-scream-in-your-face type of radio station ID jingles

Radio stations that keep telling you what station you're listening to. "This is Newstalk". Sure I fcuking know it is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Got an email this morning where someone opened with 'Happy Tuesday'.

I got inexplicably angry

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Oversized and slow too. Professional pavement blockers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,926 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I am very cranky today. Mostly because I stayed up too late last night drinking too much wine. But also because of people. Mostly my colleagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Got an email this morning where someone opened with 'Happy Tuesday'.

I got inexplicably angry

Is this person a homicidal maniac? Because there is no such thing as a Happy Tuesday. It's objectively the worst day of the week.

TA - It's Tuesday. I hate Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

I’m on a hunt the past two weeks for a decent pair of jeans all the shops seem to be stocking just the super skinny jeans (which I prefer with boots in the winter) or the horrible mom style jeans :(

Is it too much to ask for shops to stock straight leg / boot cut jeans for those of us that don’t follow the current trends

Morning people and non-morning people should try at all costs to avoid running into each other first thing. It usually ends in tears. I'm a chronic NMP btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

- People standing infront of the exit barriers at train stations looking for their tickets when there are masses of people just off the train with ticket in hand trying to get out.
    - Same people then looking at the exit barrier perplexed about how to put your ticket in the slot that is marked "insert ticket here".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Small minded people who have small amounts of power and like to use it to inconvenience others.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

A disappointing apple.

smeal wrote: »
    A disappointing apple.
    Fruit of inconsistent quality. You can get a delicious bag of apples, sweet and crisp. The next time you buy them, same brand like, they are tasteless mush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

smeal wrote: »
    A disappointing apple.

i bought a 6 pack of apples in dunnes on sunday. the first two are overripe mush on the verge of being rotten. The rest are going in the bin.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

wally1990 wrote: »
    Just how expensive drinking out is becoming

Went out Sat night with herself and friends
    Had €300 cash on me exactly

Planned a good night out

Taxi to town €16
    Then we went for a meal
    Was a deal on 2 courses for 2 courses each €36)
    And she got steak so xtra and spent €55 in the end (excellent value)
    Night of drinks ahead
    Food at 3am (€20)
    Taxi home (€15)

€70 left :/

You must have been drinking really cheap champagne. :pac:

I decided to paint my sons room while he was away for the long weekend. I thought it would take a couple of hours at most. 2 days it took but that did include half a day recovering from a hangover.

2 days gone, and my body is aching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

Facebook posts that say "Making Memories' !!

No Shaniqua you dopey bint, you're in the park with your buddy drinking cans of kopperburg while all of your little fckers of kids shïte in the sandpit and piss down the slide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Daytrippers :mad: We live in a really quiet area and once the weather is nice everyone decides they will take a trip. Wouldn't mind that so much, it's the fact that they speed on a little country road with no regard to the fact that it is a residential and agricultural area, with farm animals and machinery as well as people living there with family so children too. And the rubbish they leave :eek:

I know, they are a pain! I was driving down my road, which leads to the beach, and some pr*ck waved me down to tell me I can't drive down this road. Oh I'll just float the car home shall I. You're down for two days, p*ss off grrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Dropped my phone and smashed the screen on the side. I picked it up and managed to cut my thumb on the shards. And because I can't cope with blood, my mum had to clean it and put a plaster on it, all while laughing at her big baby of a 28 year old daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I live beside one of the nicest beaches in the country, we walk the dog there most days rain or shine. Annoyed that I thought it would be a good idea to go down there on a hot bank holiday weekend. So many inconsiderate, filthy, rubbish leaving tw*ts down in their mobile homes for the weekend taking over the place.
    I hate crowds.

Cometh the sun, cometh the scum*

*Stolen from twitter when Irish rail tweeted about vandalism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

Funny one...
    But Mexicans (who lived in California) in Kerry saying that there will be loads of murders in Ireland when abortion begins.....

Bitch please! You're from the murder capital of the world and moved to Cali....where they aren't too slow to shoot first and ask questions..never.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

When I read mexicans in Kerry I thought the next sentence would be about Corkonians

crossed the border ;)

• Advertisement

I’m without WiFi and have data that only works sporadically, if I move to different parts of the room.
    I feel like I’m living in the dark ages of the early 00’s :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I’m without WiFi and have data that only works sporadically, if I move to different parts of the room.

I'm in Connemara for a few days hols, I'm using my mobile as a hotspot - the speed varies from excellent to crawling.

When it's crawling the laptop decides to try to download updates using up what little I have.

Also having to keep an eye on data usage so I don't get hammered with a bill

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

When it's crawling the laptop decides to try to download updates using up what little I have.

Also having to keep an eye on data usage so I don't get hammered with a bill
    If that’s Windows 10, you should be able to mark that connection as a metered connection: see here.

My TA: I don’t use anti-perspirants, just the deodorants that don’t include them. I never sweat “too much”, APs make me overheat, and I’ve never been happy with spraying aluminum compounds on to my skin. Except... the standard deodorants are suddenly hard to find. In recent weeks, Lidl and Aldi have both stopped stocking them. Tesco has a few, but a poor selection. It’s annoying.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Zero Point

Someone I met tonight but I absolutely know I have met them before but I can't think in what capacity. It's driving me mad as I can't place them. It might come to me eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Someone opening a new box of cereal before the old one is finished.
    I feel permanently sticky from putting on suncream. Putting it on a wriggly child is no joke, the school polo shirt is destroyed going off today:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

This morning, I saw a car pull into a disabled car park space, which always draws my attention, as a pet hate of mine is someone using it that shouldn't.

Now, I am always slow to make a decision, as the person might not look outwardly disabled, however this morning was a slam dunk.

This woman drove in, literally jumped out of the car in her active-wear and jogged in to the shop!!!

F**king fuming!

everlast75 wrote: »
    This morning, I saw a car pull into a disabled car park space, which always draws my attention, as a pet hate of mine is someone using it that shouldn't.

Now, I am always slow to make a decision, as the person might not look outwardly disabled, however this morning was a slam dunk.

This woman drove in, literally jumped out of the car in her active-wear and jogged in to the shop!!!

F**king fuming!
    That makes me mad too. And I bet if you'd said something to her she would have bit your head off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

That makes me mad too. And I bet if you'd said something to her she would have bit your head off.

Oh gawd ya wouldn't be long gettin headbit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I know it's a bit controversial because some people lack basic manners but it annoys the crap out of me when people park on the family spots because they don't bother. Now I usually park a bit further away then, because most spots are tight and the further away, the less people park there, but the Aldi I do my shopping in is always really busy and has a small carpark. I'm not driving a huge car but I have a small toddler to lift out and can't work with a space of 25 cm to get her out.
    Around a month ago I was waiting for someone to come out of the spot and there and when I was about to go in there was this morbidly obese lad who just pulled through from the backing parking space and gave me a look.
    I can't get my head around how some people just feel entitled to act the maggot because they're too lazy or have no respect to show for others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

i was walking over to the shops. i was on the phone to somebody. a car pulls up next and next to me and some wan with an annoying essex accent shouts to me "excuse me can you .." so i turned around and said "hello, i'm on the phone". I mean, seriously, did she think i was going to hang up and help her instead?

• Advertisement

People posting threads in here that should clearly be elsewhere.

Also, being stuck in work on days like this. There should be emergency sunny day leave you can take when the weather is this nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When I have a full car and everytime I look in the rearview mirror I see heads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

"I can't even ... "

Seriously, finish the f**king sentence ... It looks ridiculous just typing that. :rolleyes::mad:

Normally I would be pretty excellent at buying birthday presents but my imagination seems to have deserted me at the moment. Big TA.

Might need to go down the dreaded voucher route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Normally I would be pretty excellent at buying birthday presents but my imagination seems to have deserted me at the moment. Big TA.

As a person who has too much 'stuff' already, a voucher for a nice experience such as a meal or spa treatment is always appreciated!

TA the after work supermarket dash. Everyone grumpy and tense!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The woman in the Toyota (hybrid) add.
    By driving the 3 childer to school Its great knowing im making a difference to their future,
    kinda nonsense really.

Unless they're mitchers and she's making bloody sure they get there to get educated,

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Can we help?

EDIT: My TA is that I'm so tired that when I got home I sat on the stairs to take off my shoes and I fell asleep right there. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd that a night away has the audacity to only last a night! :p

New Home wrote: »
    Can we help?

Thanks for the offer but I will figure it out... Hopefully.
    Normally she drops lots of hints but she has been pretty sick recently so the hints are not coming. A spa day is what I will likely go for. With lots of little treats.
    I might even bake a cake too!

• Advertisement

People with towbars who reverse their cars into parking spaces that are end-on to the footpath. Nearly fcuking broke my leg on one walking the dog there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement