Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Ads that you can't skip before videos on Youtube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

D4 hipsters in standard class on the Dublin bound enterprise train this evening Jebus same me from ever experiencing such a horror show again.

I assume they were ironically in standard class fecking philistines or perhaps they're this new breed of thrifty hipsters thripsters TA I don't use a hearing aid I could turn off, I briefly hoped the train would crash just a little :D

Where do these yokes come from, apart from D4? I was in Kilkenny one day, and the beardy fellas were everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Not sure but not sure everyone with a beard is a hipster I'm just lazy, hipster beards are trimmed but long mine is just a mank place to store crumbs, and jam/custard from doughnuts. Beard and a tailored shirt you've got a hipster, feckin monsters wouldn't shut up about weddings in castles uggggh just thinking about it makes my skin crawl like totts awesome WHAT THE **** DOES THAT EVEN MEANI ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

LirW wrote: »
    True class is wine in a tetra pak.

TA that you can't do anything with freshly painted nails for like an hour because of the paranoia to f it up.

Also the man stays up in Dublin, has my show I wanted to watch on his hard drive and of course he took it with him, so I'm left with watching Karate Kid.

I was getting the train last week and there was an older lady painting her nails in the train station. I noticed her trying to get into her handbag for something, figured she was probably looking for a tissue or cotton wool or something, so I went over to ask her did she want me to get something out of her bag and she was bloody delighted, she said "I've never done my nails myself":eek:!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

White butterflies with orange tipped wings that flutter and dance and circle and make love as they hover over the centre of the road and then too often dash themselves headlong into my oncoming car. Lads, ye are breaking my heart!

My elderly cats, who keep rats and mice at bay(thank you) but who are prolific malefic little sh1tting machines, peppering my flower beds with their offerings daily. Lads, ye are very close to being turned into slippers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Shoe liners that slide off of your heels when you are walking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The momentary fear of god you get when you see your cousin on Bumble in case you swipe right by accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Bloody plastic corks on wine bottles.
    My corkscrew just messed it up and I now have a full bottle of wine that I can't open.

If you have a lighter you can heat the neck of the bottle evenly on all sides and the Cork will ease itself out

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

When you tell someone you’re going on holidays or a weekend away and they reply: “Oooo well isn’t it good for some”

Yeah its good for some of us who don’t p*ss our hard earned wages on stupid sh*t or pointless nights out and actually save towards something half decent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

smeal wrote: »
    When you tell someone you’re going on holidays or a weekend away and they reply: “Oooo well isn’t it good for some”

Yeah its good for some of us who don’t p*ss our hard earned wages on stupid sh*t or pointless nights out and actually save towards something half decent!
    Begrudging feckers. If you try something new like a keep fit activity or learn a new skill they are the first to say 'huh shur why would you want to do that' and 'why bother'.
    Well some of us want to do more than waste our life in the pub, marinading ourselves in cynicism and negativity:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

It just stated pissing out of the heavens. My car is parked down the street and I’m pretty sure I’ve left all the windows open \o/

I used the laundry machines in my grandfathers house. The machine is an older model large capacity washer and dryer side-by-side type thingy. Last thing last night, I filled the washer part with a large load of towels and sheets, put in the various required substances, set the timer for it to start the cycle at 5am so it'd be underway when I got up and I could transfer them to the dryer part before I went out. It didn't start, I apparently didn't close the door properly. So I started it and it was supposed to take about 90 minutes, but it took two hours and 15 minutes.

Then I put the stuff in the dryer and set it for ninety minutes because it's a big load, and went about my business. Just checked it there and the stuff is still damp and I've another load to go in. In essence, both machines have lied to me.

I've basically been gaslighted by a household appliance, twice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Candie wrote: »
    I used the laundry machines in my grandfathers house. The machine is an older model large capacity washer and dryer side-by-side type thingy. Last thing last night, I filled the washer part with a large load of towels and sheets, put in the various required substances, set the timer for it to start the cycle at 5am so it'd be underway when I got up and I could transfer them to the dryer part before I went out. It didn't start, I apparently didn't close the door properly. So I started it and it was supposed to take about 90 minutes, but it took two hours and 15 minutes.

Then I put the stuff in the dryer and set it for ninety minutes because it's a big load, and went about my business. Just checked it there and the stuff is still damp and I've another load to go in. In essence, both machines have lied to me.

I've basically been gaslighted by a household appliance, twice.

Dont. Trust. The. Machines.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Dont. Trust. The. Machines.

I'm genuinely worried about the indignities inflicted on my dishwasher at home while I'm away. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Friday afternoon traffic on the M50 when I come up every couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd that my car failed the NCT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

TA I think I have developed hay fever :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

was away for a week. came back to an empty fridge and food cupboard. got car keys to drive down to do a shop. spot a flat tyre and on top of that the car won't start. got it serviced three weeks ago and it passed the nct two weeks ago. anyway no panic, I grabbed a rucksack and walked to the shops in this insufferable heat. ah well at least all my flowers were still alive and really healthy looking considering they got no water while I was away. ta also with the number of mosquito bites I got when I was away. got a few on the ankles this morning waiting for the airport bus. they are at the really itchy stage now. I even have one on my eyelid! really miss my dog and I can't collect him now as I have no car. think I'll stay at home altogether next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

That same old dirtbird that enjoys filling the jacks with loo roll every week and making toilet trips horrifying in our job.

Fcuk is wrong with these people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Visual Studio crashed twice in a row and all I was trying to do was entry one line of code. On my third attempt, it had the audacity to ask me if I was "Enjoying Visual Studio?". FFS, don't tempt me!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This humidity.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Visual Studio crashed twice in a row and all I was trying to do was entry one line of code. On my third attempt, it had the audacity to ask me if I was "Enjoying Visual Studio?". FFS, don't tempt me!

I feel your pain, except I'm using Android studio and whenever I load up the virtual emulator it crashes :mad: so very hard to do exercises at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Driving along and saw a poor little kitten get knocked down today crossing the road. Couldn't have been more than 8 weeks. Was wriggling all over the place so pulled over and got out to pick it up. Then it got hit again by the car behind me :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

^^^
    BASTARDS!!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Driving along and saw a poor little kitten get knocked down today crossing the road. Couldn't have been more than 8 weeks. Was wriggling all over the place so pulled over and got out to pick it up. Then it got hit again by the car behind me :(

That's actually heartbreaking :(

My heart is broken,the poor little fella .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Love Island.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Noo

When im the only person in the restaurant and they still get the order wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Driving along and saw a poor little kitten get knocked down today crossing the road. Couldn't have been more than 8 weeks. Was wriggling all over the place so pulled over and got out to pick it up. Then it got hit again by the car behind me

The poor baby :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

At the airport and they have a newsagent where the tills are all self service in an effort to cut costs.*
    However, the machines are not as straightforward as other shops and there are 3 staff helping operate 10 tills.
    I just wanted two bars of choc and when i finally got to the till, it asked for my ****ing boarding pass!!!
    I dropped the bars and walked out.

*i refuse to use them as i already have a ****ing job and don't like the idea of nicking someone else's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,500 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

everlast75 wrote: »
    I just wanted two bars of choc and when i finally got to the till, it asked for my ****ing boarding pass!!!
    I dropped the bars and walked out.
    You can always ask the staff, in the light of the new GDPR environment, why they are illegally asking for information that they don't need.

They override it pretty quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,730 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Lovely day.

Malahide Castle, lovely.

There’s always a prick with a drone flying around wrecking everyone’s head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

TA at the little child next door who has been using exactly the same rhythm to jump on the trampoline for the past two hours as the nesting birds occasionally flap and rummage about. It sounds exactly like my knacker neighbour sawing down my trees on my side of the garden and I cannot relax as I sunbathe.

Also TA that I am annoyed at a little child when it is the scumbag 70 year old. who deserves a good beating ; preferably with a heavy coffin size plank of wood.

Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Garlic breath on a humid Dublin bus every morning. Vom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

My flight is delayed. I've also gotten sun burned for the first time in my life at the age of almost 30 and by fcuk does it hurt. My legs are on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Insect bites. Something had a party on me last night and I've been driven mad all day....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    My flight is delayed. I've also gotten sun burned for the first time in my life at the age of almost 30 and by fcuk does it hurt. My legs are on fire.

Take two Paracetemol , people always forget to take pain relief for sunburn
    And if you can find Aloe Vera gel it's brilliant .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

I can feel a kidney infection coming on :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Spent this nice sunny afternoon in Temple Street A&E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Getting a call from the letting agent at 11am saying they had a couple who wanted to view at 2pm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Sorry Mountainsandh but this TA will involve French people. French air traffic controllers are striking so I'm stuck on a plane not going anywhere. It was supposed to leave at 8.40 French time and I'm still here at 10.30. Yesterday I had to wait an hour and a half longer for a train because the train drivers were striking and on the way back the train was delayed for an hour due to strikes. My god. What is with these people. Only perk was that I got a free train journey out of it as there was no one checking tickets either :p

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

Damned preachers that think they are the Oracle on every single bloody thing ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Sorry Mountainsandh but this TA will involve French people. French air traffic controllers are striking so I'm stuck on a plane not going anywhere. It was supposed to leave at 8.40 French time and I'm still here at 10.30. Yesterday I had to wait an hour and a half longer for a train because the train drivers were striking and on the way back the train was delayed for an hour due to strikes. My god. What is with these people. Only perk was that I got a free train journey out of it as there was no one checking tickets either :p

Don't worry, French people give out about the strikes too (and then go on strike themselves :) ) .

Sorry you had such an ordeal with them !

I'm TA that some change at work that I was told was quite straightforward now seems to turn out potentially more complicated.

I asked all the relevant questions about this months ago, and it's only now that I'm told of uncertainties. Now I'm worrying about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

People who post selfies but don't crop the selfie hand out of them.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

People who think it's ok and normal to start boxing the heads off each other in the middle of the road . And then involve hurls ..

Oh lotto numbers where are you so I can move .

Soon please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I was supposed to go out tonight but I got an awful headache that spread to my eyes and my nose. Now I'm lying here very jealous of everyone out for the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

And round two has started ffs ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

Couples who must be together 24/7 and be so lovey-dovey all the time... We get it, you're in love - give us a break please.

Atleast try and act like independent adults once in awhile - you're not one person, you can actually separate for a few moments and still exist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I have to get bloods done on Wednesday, stressing our already. Both the nurse and gp gave up the last time. Awful veins. Two bruised hands and arms. I used to be grand about it, but getting older and worrying more. Come on, woman up, Maggie!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement