Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

*calls off the surprise after hours birthday bash for Dial Hard*

F*ck, I'm still going and eating all the cake. F*ck your birthday Dial Hard :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Girl next door with the stupidly loud motorbike moved out a month ago. Delighted.
    But she has started coming round to check the postbox this past few days. Prolonged agony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Got a lift to work this morning and wanted to listen to some music on the radio.

D'ya think I could find it? Quirky **** after quirky **** talking and talking. Christ almighty, play some poxy songs! Each station trying to out-do one another with how random and totes amazing they are.

This irritates me so much. When I turn on the radio, I want music, not morons, who think they're hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Word has gotten out in the office (that I'm only in a wet week) that it's my birthday and now I have to endure cake & stare after lunch.

I hate this. I don't eat cake and I couldn't give a crap about my birthday so why on earth should I expect anyone else to?

Me to. I was subjected to office cake when I turned 40 a few month ago. The gesture is well meaning but CRINGE. I also don't care for cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Me to. I was subjected to office cake when I turned 40 a few month ago. The gesture is well meaning but CRINGE. I also don't care for cake.
    God forbid you are trying to cut back on the sweet stuff. In a large workplace its always somebodys birthday. If you don't partake in cake you get the Mrs Doyle treatment lin front of everyone, if you hold your ground you ge a reputation as being dry shyte or having a bad attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

God forbid you are trying to cut back on the sweet stuff. In a large workplace its always somebodys birthday. If you don't partake in cake you get the Mrs Doyle treatment lin front of everyone, if you hold your ground you ge a reputation as being dry shyte or having a bad attitude.

One of those screechy "Oooh we're great craic aren't we, AREN'T WEEEE!!!" types around here would probably get a thump of an old CRT monitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

_Dara_ wrote: »
    A not-so-trivial thing. I’m on the train with hub on a weekend away. We were sitting talking and laughing spiritedly and kept hearing this shushing. Happened two or three times but carried on as we weren’t sure if it was aimed at us. Next thing, a guy pops up from the cubicle in front of us and told me that he didn’t care to hear about the minutiae of my life and to keep the volume down. There was plenty of other noise in the carriage. I have trouble controlling my temper these days, a side effect of keeping it together in the face of impending early death, so I gave as good as I got. I hate that it happened though because how headwecking for everyone else in the carriage. Anyway... I flipped the bird. :( He took a photo of my name from the seat reservation and told me he was complaining and that I had just committed a public order offence.

Someone must have reported a disturbance because an Irish Rail employee arrived. I was somewhat cheered when the employee direct most of his words at the guy rather than me.

What a shitty, stressful start to the holiday. :( I don’t have many more of these things.

Got talking to the guy after the train, he apologised. Seemed on edge, said he was going through mental problems. Honestly seemed he was on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Fair enough, all is forgiven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

jimgoose wrote: »
    One of those screechy "Oooh we're great craic aren't we, AREN'T WEEEE!!!" types around here would probably get a thump of an old CRT monitor.

Jimgoose any jobs going with you? I work with FOUR of these. FOUR. FML.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I've misplaced a phone, somewhere in my flat. I was using it as an e-reader. I can't ring it to find it because there's no SIM in it.

TH. I found the little fecker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

I like the new thread title.

Mostly gravy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,974 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I like the new thread title.

I hate it with a passion. The 2 capital letters and 2 lower case has given me twitch in my eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    F*ck, I'm still going and eating all the cake. F*ck your birthday Dial Hard :pac:

Did somebody mention Cake?

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I've just realized my Christmas tree's still up.
    It's smallish, tucked in an unused corner of the room.

I asked the kids to strip it and put it in the box, TA I'm going to have to do it if I want it gone.

And then I'm going to have to shove it in the attic, and I'll be thinking I've a spider in my hair or on my clothes for the whole evening.

Loving the new thread title so much.

Bit my tongue earlier waaaah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

erica74 wrote:
    People who stand chatting at the little milk and sugar station that most coffee shops have. "Excuse me", "sorry, can I just reach over there", "Excuse me" and then I got really annoyed and said "lads, could you have your chat somewhere else?" and they all looked at me like I had just said I was going to murder them. One of these muppets had left something behind them at the till just before this and when I spotted it and handed it over to him, he didn't even say thank you.

I had almost the exact TA this morning but forgot to come here to write about it. It's so irritating.

Also those idiots who stroll around the shop taking up all the room, completely oblivious to the other shoppers trying to get around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

TA'd by this new ridiculous vegan trend. It's like a virus in our office, every day someone new comes in and is "cutting down on their meat consumption". Why? Because they give a sh1t about the environment? Do they fcuk, they just saw big tall sexy Ryan announcing he was now vegan last week and think it's a good look. There are now four fully-converted vegans in my office as of the last two months. Ridiculous.

giphy.gif

Bambi985 wrote: »
    TA'd by this new ridiculous vegan trend. It's like a virus in our office, every day someone new comes in and is "cutting down on their meat consumption". Why? Because they give a sh1t about the environment? Do they fcuk, they just saw big tall sexy Ryan announcing he was now vegan last week and think it's a good look. There are now four fully-converted vegans in my office as of the last two months. Ridiculous.

giphy.gif

Which Ryan? Ryan Reynolds? Ryan Gosling? Ryan Phillipe?

erica74 wrote: »
    Which Ryan? Ryan Reynolds? Ryan Gosling? Ryan Phillipe?

Nah it's an actual real-life Ryan who works in my office and seems to have been the first catcher of this vegan virus

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Nah it's an actual real-life Ryan who works in my office and seems to have been the first catcher of this vegan virus
    Ryan must be a dish, ha ha.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Obligatory "Pics or GTFO" post.

Oh:pac: I just automatically thought of all the delicious Ryans I know:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

People who say ‘thought’ when they mean ‘taught’.

Ryan must be a dish, ha ha.

He is, a total babe but a vegan nazi so it's confusing really. It's a big ladyboner killer

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Woman in the coffee shop this morning holding up the show for everyone else demanding 3 shots in one coffee and 4 in another, the waiter then got confused as to which was which when doling them out, que an in depth investigation to ascertain the correct identity of the 4 shot one as “its for my boss”. Oh get lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    Woman in the coffee shop this morning holding up the show for everyone else demanding 3 shots in one coffee and 4 in another, the waiter then got confused as to which was which when doling them out, que an in depth investigation to ascertain the correct identity of the 4 shot one as “its for my boss”. Oh get lost.
    They probably won't even notice when they drink it.

My TA people who start a diet presumes everyone else should follow the diet with them and non stop talking about what's good to eat or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Feminists and Donald Trump have ruined Twitter.

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    People who say ‘thought’ when they mean ‘taught’.

You made me go back and read my post again:pac:

Freesheet newspapers- fcuk off putting them through my letterbox!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was suppose to be meeting a pal tonight and he just never showed up, waited over an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Into the jacks today, puddles of píss under the urinals. I'm not sure how the average bloke in the building would miss the urinal. The vast majority in the building wouldn't be drunk while using the urinals so not sure how they miss.

How the f*ck do they miss the urinal? F**king animals.

They should be blasted with their own píss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

New thread name :(

Trying to avoid the tv camera today and spotting myself on the news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Was suppose to be meeting a pal tonight and he just never showed up, waited over an hour.

That is one of the worst things to do to someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I posted my ta before about a neighbours inconsiderate parking, it's reached a new level of annoying now. They were bed ridden with flu so before becoming housebound they left the car out on the road making getting in and out of other people's drives a pain.
    Now their oh is sick so that car is left on the road.

Space in the drives for 2 cars. Just leave the bloody car in the drive and stop pissing people off by blocking the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Crosby Uptight Tweed

Amy Huberman...cant stand that wagon, "Irelands sweetheart" my arse
    3rd Wave Feminist's
    people who come in 1 minute to closing to my shop and taking ages to buy something
    people who whinge about the plastic bag charge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Trying to avoid the tv camera today and spotting myself on the news.

Were you the person walking backwards while staring at the camera?

Was at a quiz tonight and one team were so competitive and loud. They kept shouting at everyone and squealing when they got an answer right. I was raging when they won.

KatW4 wrote: »

Was at a quiz tonight and one team were so competitive and loud. They kept shouting at everyone and squealing when they got an answer right. I was raging when they won.

No my back is to the camera at all times. Unlike DOR where I was seen looking towards the camera (I honestly wasnt looking at it, I thought I was too far away anyway) Today it was back at all times. Cant believe that exact time mades the news, BOTH TIMES! Whats the odds?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Ursummupet

I posted my ta before about a neighbours inconsiderate parking, it's reached a new level of annoying now. They were bed ridden with flu so before becoming housebound they left the car out on the road making getting in and out of other people's drives a pain.

Space in the drives for 2 cars. Just leave the bloody car in the drive and stop pissing people off by blocking the road.

Wimps like this. Man up, take no ****. They leave their cars there cos you only moan online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ursummupet wrote: »
    Wimps like this. Man up, take no ****. They leave their cars there cos you only moan online.

Trust me,I had words before. The missus won't let me confront them again as she "doesn't want hassle".

My back pain has reached new levels of terrible lately and I really struggled to stay sane all week. So much so that I'm feeling really shite this morning and had to cancel my one-on-one pilates session, which I do to try to help my back pain. A vicious circle of annoyance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

He is, a total babe but a vegan nazi so it's confusing really. It's a big ladyboner killer

My little velociraptor likes her steak pink. It's a big boner-enhancer. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Why does it always seem stormy and wet on a Saturday.? Losing motivation to get exercise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Why does it always seem stormy and wet on a Saturday.? Losing motivation to get exercise.

Indoor exercise maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,500 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Unless you own the road, they have as much right to use that space as anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Unless you own the road, they have as much right to use that space as anyone else.

'right', implying legality, but do all laws benefit all people equally? sometimes its a good idea to sideline laws and maybe just think of others in your community, sometimes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just saw on Facebook my "pal" was out on the piss, no response to my txts, why organise to meet up with me if he had plans already :confused:

KatW4 wrote: »

Sounds like Monica Gellar's team :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

1. My boyfriend got me the new blush edition of the GHD for Xmas. Cost him 210 Euro including the contribution they asked him for charity. Plugged it in Thursday night and it just kept beeping and wouldn't heat up. He dug out the receipt and I went back to the hairdressers with it. The lady tested it, agreed it wasn't working and then informed me it wasn't anything to do with them, and I could send it off to ghd. I was instantly enraged. The contract is with you, not ghd. You were paid the money. So she starts going on about her only holding the products for ghd and rrally it's nothing to do with her etc. She says leave it with her and call in today. First thing this am I get a call from her. Rep will be in next weekend and will have a replacement for me. Now we're going to stay in a hotel tonight and we have an event on tomorrow so ideally I'd have a working straightener to bring.
    I'm not waiting a week for them to replace a faulty item when she has a wall full of ghds. I said forget about it, I'll just have a refund. "Oh well you won't be getting a refund. He said he'd replace it". Yeah next week, no. 200 is a lot of money when you purchase something you'd have a reasonable expectation of it working, it doesn't because it's faulty. She starts up all this **** again about it not being her problem and I launched into her telling her straight up it is her problem the contract is with her, if she buys a kettle from Argos and it doesn't work she'll bring it back to Argos not head off to the uk with it. Her contract is with ghd, not mine. She wasn't budging very on it, take it or leave it attitude. I told her I'm going to put it on facebook (I'm not) because I'm more astounded at her attitude than at the fault. Straight away she said hold off and she'll ring me back at lunch time. I'm fuming though.

2. People who try too hard to be funny and leave smart arse comments under inappropriate things
    . Telling me how to run my business, prices to charge, packages to do. Fûck off.
    3. People who find fault in everything. Someone who would describe the sistine chapel as a pile of sh1t and point out what he should have done differently. While they're at home on the dole not pointing out their own flaws cause they're perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,173 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

People going on and on about vegans.
    I don't hear vegans bitching about meat eaters on the same scale at all.
    Why do people get so upset at people not eating animal produce?

STFU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

TA'd by a friends text last night....stop confusing me :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

People going on and on about vegans.
    I don't hear vegans bitching about meat eaters on the same scale at all.
    Why do people get so upset at people not eating animal produce?

STFU

Steak. I love it.

But pisses me off when its over cooked, ruins the flavours and taste.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement