Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

People who send snapchats etc from concerts or nightclubs/bars. It's fcuking annoying as hell and doesn't look one bit as cool as you think it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Snowseer

I have a little soap dish.
    It’s pretty and it’s pink.
    But every time I touch the soap,
    The dish falls in the sink.

I place it back so gently.
    And tell it to stay put.
    ‘Cause if it falls down one more time,
    The soap dish meets my foot.

TLDR, soap dish pissing me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Haven't read any of this thread (ironically enough, these type threads annoy me) so I don't know if this has been mentioned before but my trivial annoyance is Posters not understanding thread titles when composing their posts ....... the most recent example being the Hidden Gems on Netflix thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

DunnoKidz wrote: »
    Couples who must be together 24/7 and be so lovey-dovey all the time... We get it, you're in love - give us a break please.

Atleast try and act like independent adults once in awhile - you're not one person, you can actually separate for a few moments and still exist.
    Ah ya big cynic :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The squeak of a glass when putting it up on a glass shelf. My teeth are on edge :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Introductions in books that are really long or that give away lots of plotlines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,500 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

madmaggie wrote: »
    I have to get bloods done on Wednesday, stressing our already. Both the nurse and gp gave up the last time. Awful veins. Two bruised hands and arms. I used to be grand about it, but getting older and worrying more. Come on, woman up, Maggie!

My veins are pretty dodgy, with about a 50% failure rate when I go to donate blood. I've found hospital phlebotomists to be much, much better at finding a good vein, usually first time. I guess if they are doing it all day every day, they build up a high degree of expertise.

If you have an option to give your sample at a major hospital, it might be much less stressful. St Vincent's in Dublin are really efficient - just 5-10 minutes in and out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My veins are pretty dodgy, with about a 50% failure rate when I go to donate blood. I've found hospital phlebotomists to be much, much better at finding a good vein, usually first time. I guess if they are doing it all day every day, they build up a high degree of expertise.

If you have an option to give your sample at a major hospital, it might be much less stressful. St Vincent's in Dublin are really efficient - just 5-10 minutes in and out.

My experiences with hospitals as well, one phlebotomist could tell the weather outside by the reaction of ppl's veins. Mater Hospital Phlebotomist Dept is the best! TA I'm not there all the time when blood is due.

I avoid having blood taken in Dr's offices if I can, because of the lack of expertise, bruise city every single time. Much prefer the hospital even with the wait.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

My vein TA is that a doctor once gave out to me for making her day difficult due to my tiny veins.
    I actually apologised for my veins being small after she gave up and called someone else to insert my cannula :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got an Orange calippo and it was the rankest thing ever!

My vein TA is that a doctor once gave out to me for making her day difficult due to my tiny veins.
    I actually apologised for my veins being small after she gave up and called someone else to insert my cannula :o

Cheeky bitch!

• Advertisement

TA'd at people just dropping in with no notice and expecting to be entertained for hours when you have any number of other things to do - which they well know. Inconsiderate louts!

I got an Orange calippo and it was the rankest thing ever!

Cheeky bitch!

I wanted to tell her she made my day difficult by not being able to do her job, but I’m much too chicken sh1t for that :D

TA I don’t have any ice pops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

People who sit down at a table with you when a place is busy without even asking. I don't mind sharing a table with someone, but at least have the decency to ask "is this seat free?"/"can I sit here?" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Poochie05 wrote: »
    TA I think I have developed hay fever :(

hopefully not.... it's grim...

I'm dying all day....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

Dishes to wash. It's endless.
    They are never done, even when they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Penney's. Went there to buy something to wear next weekend. Came out 48e lighter, with nothing to wear next weekend.... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I came home after a weekend in Dublin, went into my garden where I have some veg going and saw that apparently the birds ate all of my peas. All of them, they're all dead and can be dumped now. Thanks for that you feathery ar5eholes.

And before we left, I got some indoor plants from my secret plants dealer, my FIL and the man took over the task of loading the car. Now when I mean that FIL took over I mean he simply does it and doesn't tolerate me near it. I said to my partner to please not load the plants in the back, because we can't secure them properly and the dog has to go in too. Of course it got loaded into the back but I can't really say something to my FIL because he really doesn't take that well. So kissy kissy wavy goodbye, I go around the corner, see some of the plants falling over and I stopped straight away releasing a sh1tstorm of hell on my man because I told him to load them on the floor of the back seat and not in the back and he could have just done it when they were loading the car (remember, FIL doesn't want to have me close when it comes to anything manual, my opinion doesn't matter and he knows best). So some of them snapped their flower stems, lost leaves and I got a nice cutting of a plant that almost ripped apart too.
    My god, today is really not my day.

Feathery ar5eholes, love it !!

I feel that way about them when they sh1t on my washing considering I go out of my way to feed them, fill the bird bath etc. Feathery ar5ehole ingrates :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I feed them too, have a birdbath that we refill, jesus my whole improvised garden also attracts a lot of insects that they can feet their little pr1ck children that nest on my roof (I have at least 3 nests in the gutters). That's how they thank me?
    Brb looking the number of Aughrim cat rescue up :mad:

• Advertisement

I was watching a subtitled documentary last night and kept forgetting to read the subtitles :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The hayfever is bad this year. Tablets don't seem to be working.
    Want to scratch my eyes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Broke up with my boyfriend and moved out of our home in the space of 2 days.
    Genuinely can’t believe it. It feels like a big joke.
    I just want to feel happy again. This is the worst feeling in the whole world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

SusieBlue wrote: »

(HUG)

That's not trivial. Look after yourself, you'll be happy again. Not for a while, but you will. Mind yourself. X

TA at unhappiness, there's too much of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

What's the equivalent of 'farmers tan' for your feet. Have a tan line from my socks today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Sorry to hear that Susie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

So sorry to hear that SusieBlue. Such an awful thing to go through. Be kind to yourself and it's such a cliche but you will feel better with time. I hope you have good friends and family to support you.

Sneezing like there's no tomorrow all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Thank you for telling me that. My gp gave me the option of going to the local hospital in Kilkenny, but I chickened out. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Left foot has diabetic complications right foot has now decided to join in with an infection in my big toe TA antibiotics don't play well with diabetes warm weather doesn't play well with diabetes **** the person who invented diabetes it's so ****ing mean and nasty all I want to do is wake up and not have to worry about diabetic crap, fml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Scrolling through Boards on the laptop, big black squares keep appearing on the screen. It doesn't happen on the phone, and only on the Boards website. Very TA.

Also can't get Media Player to work, I wonder would throwing the laptop out the upstairs window help??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Aw Susie, I'm sorry :( as others have said, you will be happy again, it will take time, and that's okay. Sending hugs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Ah shite, sad to read about this Susie, you'll be happy again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

TA'd that after getting rid of a stray cat that was the cause of my dogs initial injury before he passed away...I have discovered on Saturday that there is 3 more kittens roaming around the back garden....I fuppin hate cats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

erica74 wrote: »
    I bought a reusable coffee cup yesterday. It was €1.50 and really light so I can carry it around in my backpack. I have other reusable cups but they're all heavy so a bit cumbersome to cart around.
    So anyway, delighted with my new cup, I just went to get my morning coffee. I handed in my cup, paid and then stood off to the side waiting on my coffee. Next thing I spotted the person making the coffee, pouring my coffee from one of their own disposable cups into my reusable cup... "oh I didn't spot your cup" she said when I asked her about it. It was literally right in front of her, between her 2 arms as she was making the coffee in the disposable cup.
    The whole point of a reusable cup is to avoid using a disposable cup:rolleyes:

:mad:

They keep doing this. I've pointed it out and they laugh it off as they throw the totally unnecessary disposable cup in the bin:mad:

Went to post in the happy thread but typed out TA instead of TH.

TA at the realisation that my default state is now “miserable b1tch” :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

All I can think about are Burger Bites.

12627841_790800444396727_2029952136_n-752x501.jpg
    I have many bags at home and can't stop thinking about them.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    All I can think about are Burger Bites.

12627841_790800444396727_2029952136_n-752x501.jpg
    I have many bags at home and can't stop thinking about them.

My god haven't seen them in an age!

Ta'd I want burger bites!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I have a suspicion that a girl at work has been set up to fail. Its a few things now.

Not on my watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Where to start after this weekend.
    TA.
    How hard it is for my girl to find admin/education voluntary work in her native for now city.
    Dogs who insist on getting out of bed to bark at next door at 8 am every morning(after their daddy has gone to work). So I have to let them out no matter what time I got to bed.
    That the kind of cancer in my late ex's family is so rampant that the only ppl left in his family now, weren't sure when his anniversary actually was.:(:(
    When I went to the mass for above, the priest spent ages telling goers that the parish has to 'donate' I think 5k! for the pope's visit. He visits and I, in theory, have to pay for him!:eek:
    Now that its summer, I have to pay rip off prices in local shops as it's not worth going into town for what I'm looking for.
    Bigger birds landing on the plastic roof on the sunroom, cause hysterical barking from boy dog, every single time!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Ta'd nothing is working out for me today.
    Bredabe wrote: »
    the priest spent ages telling goers that the parish has to 'donate' I think 5k!

Tell the priest to take a run and jump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Lollipop ladies at signal-controlled pedestrian crossings. What in God's name is the point of that???

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Lollipop ladies at signal-controlled pedestrian crossings. What in God's name is the point of that???

For little children who might need supervision crossing the road .

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You'll be amazed at the amount of d*ckheads on the roads.
    D*ckheads become even more d*ckheadedly around schools and in the rain and heat whilst driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    For little children who might need supervision crossing the road .

If they're that little that they need supervision to use a pedestrian crossing then presumably they're not walking to school alone in the first place.

If they're that little that they need supervision to use a pedestrian crossing then presumably they're not walking to school alone in the first place.

And older children also need supervision and protection .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

DunnoKidz wrote: »
    Couples who must be together 24/7 and be so lovey-dovey all the time... We get it, you're in love - give us a break please.

Atleast try and act like independent adults once in awhile - you're not one person, you can actually separate for a few moments and still exist.
    Don't mind this that much, have to admit, I kind-of like some aspects of lovey-dovey-ness and and a good love-story behind it! and seeing 2 peeps getting together and all that, but to add to it, my big thing is that, why can't we ALL find that love and happiness!! It's so so very horrendously harshly helplessly un-fair that we all can't find it and be happy like that! :(:( And there's only so much you can do about it before insanity obsessively thinking about how un-fair it is kicks in! If it doesn't happen it doesn't. Some find it some don't.
    TG1 wrote: »
    Penney's. Went there to buy something to wear next weekend. Came out 48e lighter, with nothing to wear next weekend.... :pac:
    And ya still NEVER have anything to feicing wear! Never! Wardrobes falling apart with all the Clothes I have and I still never have anything to wear. :pac::rolleyes:

T.A.'d at money and its' magic capabilities. Need to get Phone Credit, might as well get twenty if I'm getting 5. Must get some Petrol it'll be used anyway shure, throw in a twenty. Tenner into the Electricity Meter. And the List goes and on. So much money spent in 3 minutes flat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

This whole trend of apps and websites trying to be all human and friendly when something goes tits up.

My reddit app won't load the god damn subreddit so it declares "We're having trouble reaching reddit :-("

Who the **** are we? **** off with your smiley face too. Just show me the god damned subreddit you ****ing robot.

Useless box of ethernet cables and cpus in a humanless data centre somewhere. **** off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

Anyone over 16 who puts their hands in their partners back pocket as they walk - its not cute it is sad. I always feel adults who put on huge shows of affection are trying too hard to prove something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement