Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Today has been a doozy! *Rant Alert*

I had booked a medical appointment over two weeks ago to see a particular practitioner. I'm not the best patient in these circumstances and it is over a period of years I've conjured up the courage to go for regular check ups etc as this particular person puts me at my ease. Anyway I get called in to the consultation room to see a different professional. My usual professional had got delayed (these things happen) but nobody had the courtesy of letting me know when I checked in.

If they had told me I would have had a chance to compose myself instead I turned into an almost gibbering wreck who barely held it together til I got to my car where i started to sob. I am a grown adult, I know that these things cannot be helped but a small dose of cop on would go astray.

On top of all that my phone completely kicked the bucket this morning without warning. All my contacts hadn't synced to the cloud properly. I have a crapload of contact names but no number to go with them and the damn old phone won't charge! Redownloading apps and trying to remember bloody passwords @$%#^!!!

On top of all that sh1t I went into work for a meeting (late due to the aforementioned disaster of a medical appt) to be told there was another meeting straight after "did you not get the email?" *shrug* No I fecking well did not as you dumbasses are selective to which email lists you put me on! As a result I had no prep done for the meeting which included my line manager whom I will be meeting this week to see if my contract will/can be extended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Lollipop ladies at signal-controlled pedestrian crossings. What in God's name is the point of that???

I was a junior school warden 30 odd years ago...team leader! :)
    But, school had a pedestrian crossing and cars would drive right thru...so we were to do our thing and block the road... twice in a year cars drive right thru us..no injuries..but fecking hell !! Not funny when you're only 12

Oh yeah... watching Simpsons, worried about a boardsie and drinking a glass of wine...who said men can't multitask?!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

TA by my friend who when using ‘text’ as a verb says ‘text’ for past tense and when using it as a noun says ‘texes’ for plural. It’s ‘texted’ and ‘texts’, my dear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I have so much to do but I just want to curl into a ball and sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I have so much to do but I just want to curl into a ball and sleep.

I feel you. Today has not happened for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭dee75

TA - when you pull into a service station and the driver in front of you stops at the first pump instead of moving forward to the second pump, blocking me from getting to either pump! Grrrrr

And gets out of his vehicle with a big stupid head on him and pretends not to see me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd at decisions, and not knowing which is the best one to make

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Had to pay €70 for a tooth extraction today after a curly wurly took half a filling out last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Plasters discarded in the shower at the pool/gym. Absolutely vile. Does anyone else just hate plasters anyway? I hate them, even on myself, there's just something ick about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I was able to lie in this morning until about 9:30. At about half 7 an irritating beast of a fly came into the room and was buzzing so loudly I couldn’t get back to sleep. I was drifting off to sleep there when I heard the dirty bastard on the windowsill buzzing. Someone’s getting squished.

Having recently survived health insurance renewal time, it's now car insurance renewal time. Just spent 25 minutes filling out all the questions from a company and at the end I got "Unfortunately we are unable to provide you with a car insurance quotation online". Fúck you, too, insurance company. Do you really think we have nothing better to do with our time than play your games? This included a gazillion questions with drop down menus for each date, month and year - e.g. when did you first get a full license, how long are you living in Ireland (instead of a 'Born here' option you have to go back decades and choose your day, month and year).

Complete arseholes. This state, which compels us by law to give business to these companies, couldn't oversee a more consumer-hostile, intentionally bamboozling, anti-competition duplicitous industry than these motor insurance companies.

Now to go through the same rigmarole with another 10 companies and their bullshít. Just how many months of work does the Irish economy lose each year by hundreds of thousands of people wasting time doing this? There is a more efficient way of running a motor insurance system.

Now to go through the same rigmarole with another 10 companies and their bullshít. Just how many months of work does the Irish economy lose each year by hundreds of thousands of people wasting time doing this? There is a more efficient way of running a motor insurance system.

And that's before you even mention the absolutely ridiculous, and nonsensical prices they charge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My face looks like a marshmallow. Call me 'marshy' from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I managed five hours of sleep yesterday, been exhausted for most of the day, finally got to lay my head down to sleep.
    Wide awake now.
    My face looks like a marshmallow. Call me 'marshy' from now on.
    I'm sure it's not that bad marshy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Ta'd that I Woke up coughing and wheezing. I only ever wake up like this, then am fine when I get going. As a result I have been reliably informed that it is all in my imagination.
    But my imagination is not wheezing and struggling to breathe this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TA at mouth sores.
    I have mouth sores, they've made me unwell the past 2 days, I feel them when I sleep, can't eat properly, they're always there like paper cuts on my palate.
    (also headache and exhaustion)

It's my own fault, because I was so excited to be going away and out for the week-end I didn't stop at chemist to get folic acid (mouthsores are a side effect of medication, folic acid stops that).

Well, not entirely. The pharmacist I get medication from must be as bad or even worse than I am at maths, and keeps giving me the wrong number of tablets in prescription, I'm always short. :mad::mad::mad: And as I live half an hour away, it's not like I can call back when I notice back at home.

I have resolved to count the exact number of tablets I need and when buying them I will be communicating that and checking. TA at having to do part of his job.

edit : oh, and while I'm at it, I had Greek over the week-end (which was gorgeous) and I wanted to make moussaka this week, but of course, I am not going to make anything with aubergine when I have mouth sores, so there, another reason to be grumpy :(

Well, not entirely. The pharmacist I get medication from must be as bad or even worse than I am at maths, and keeps giving me the wrong number of tablets in prescription, I'm always short. :mad::mad::mad: And as I live half an hour away, it's not like I can call back when I notice back at home.

I have resolved to count the exact number of tablets I need and when buying them I will be communicating that and checking. TA at having to do part of his job.

What I find bizarre is that some of my medication comes in boxes of 28:confused: I don't understand how anyone would think that would be a good idea. And it's medication that is taken every day, all year. It has always baffled me. It means the Phamacist has to take 2 or 3 tablets out of the next box and add them to my box and then that other box is short so he has to add to that from another one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

erica74 wrote: »
    What I find bizarre is that some of my medication comes in boxes of 28:confused: I don't understand how anyone would think that would be a good idea. And it's medication that is taken every day, all year. It has always baffled me. It means the Phamacist has to take 2 or 3 tablets out of the next box and add them to my box and then that other box is short so he has to add to that from another one.

Yes, it's ridiculous.
    In my case I take 6 tablets of one weekly, and 4 tablets of another weekly, so the pharmacist either gives a box with some extra, or the exact amount, or he has also given less than was needed...

It's random and nonsensical. So I'm going in today with what spares I have, calculating what I need, and giving him numbers, that's the only way I won't have to call back in two weeks, short of something, or be short on my holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Absolutely daft ! Do they think every month is February ? My GP used to prescribe for one month meaning I would get 28 tablets , I now specifically have to say to prescribe 30 tablets .

My TA .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The roof of my mouth is really sore and I can't enjoy a cupan tae of it default_sleep.png

Also E3, developers that show there games but the release is waaaaaaaaayyyy off or no release date in sight and the finished product is not the same as they showed in the original trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭The Hound Gone Wild

It's for your doctor usually. There are 13 blocks of 28 in the year so if the doctor sees you on Tuesday they will always see you on Tuesday. They can predict when you'll need a script and have them printed off, usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I find it bizarre that your doctor gives you a months prescription and not 4 weeks (28). The months prescription isn't sustainable because you might need the doctor on the Friday the 15th, but next month the 15th is a Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The smell of manila envelopes. I'm going to be absolutely reeking by the time I have this DM prepped.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's for your doctor usually. There are 13 blocks of 28 in the year so if the doctor sees you on Tuesday they will always see you on Tuesday. They can predict when you'll need a script and have them printed off, usually.

And that means one extra visit to the surgery, and one extra fee they pocket.

Yes, I'm cynical.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

The anxiety of waiting to hear back about job interviews. Checking my phone and email about 50 times an hour uggghh..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I inadvertently brushed the back of my hand across a nettle - ouch

Seven Worlds will Collide

Quazzie wrote: »
    I find it bizarre that your doctor gives you a months prescription and not 4 weeks (28). The months prescription isn't sustainable because you might need the doctor on the Friday the 15th, but next month the 15th is a Sunday.

My prescription is repeat x 6/12, pretty common and not bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The machine didn't dispense my £50 this morning. Thankfully my bank will reimburse it but I was genuinely panicking I'd walked away and left it (was talking on the phone at the time). Afterwards I recalled thinking "bollix I need to ring them after this" but the phone call was so crap it slipped my mind.

• Advertisement

Being screamed at on the phone and asked to explain and account for the formation and running processes of the healthcare system in Ireland, eh I answer the phone you moron, do you honestly think I have any information or input on any of that?! :mad:
    I asked him if he wanted me to put them through to the department that actually deals with this sort of thing and he said no and hung up. Well then, you accomplished nothing with your angry little phone call:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭The Hound Gone Wild

New Home wrote: »
    And that means one extra visit to the surgery, and one extra fee they pocket.

Yes, I'm cynical.

If you have a medical card it makes no difference. If you're private, depending on the medication, you'd have to find a pharmacist having a seriously bad day not to dispense 30 tablets if you ask nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭trellheim

Being screamed at on the phone and asked to explain and account for the formation and running processes of the healthcare system in Ireland, eh I answer the phone you moron, do you honestly think I have any information or input on any of that?!

Hang up immediately the first scream or f-bomb. No answers, no justification, just cut the call. This improves your mental state immensely. What is hilariously fun is when they ring back "yes that happens when people scream or f-bomb, its a feature not a bug" . If a line manager complains over your call handling, ask for written justification to listen to f-bombs and abuse. Watch them run like cockroaches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

The positive / inspirational thread titles in the Training Forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Did an interview for a bit of interview practice. And now the fckers have gone and offered me a job that is too good to refuse.
    Damn it, I was enjoying my time off. Bit TA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Did an interview for a bit of interview practice. And now the fckers have gone and offered me a job that is too good to refuse. Damn it, I was enjoying my time off. Bit TA.

And heaven knows you're miserable now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Yesterday I pointed out to flatmate that the bread he likes is in and in smaller packets than it used to be, he says no point in buying it as he has enough till his day off and he can buy fresh then. A phone call today, asking if the same bread is available locally as he's out of the one he said he had enough of! leading in no doubt to 'could you run out and get me some?'

Email from uni with provisional grad dates for year 1, all of them this side of Christmas. OMG, I have never been more broke, fat or grey making finding an outfit for the ceremony even harder. As for the politics of who to invite and not!

The lovely local lady who used to stop and give me(unwanted/unsolicited) nutrition advice, when I lived here before, looked so Ill when I saw her just now. Sad that her greatest fear has come to dog her in her later years.

Before Christmas, an acquaintance told me he was having trouble feeding the kids on his budget since his wife left, over a period of time and to make conversation I tested his grasp of numbers and 'accidentally' sent, him a table of measures so he could figure out for himself if 750 mls=500 mls etc. He asked me around st pats if I would bring him shopping to show him how to buy for his meal plans. So this am I did, he clearly hadn't read the weights/measures info but was expecting that I could make these things clearer to him from scratch in 35 mins! even allowing for educational gaps/SLD's/nerves, he should have been able to figure out 6 eggs@1e or 12@2.50e by now.

Two nocturnal visitors in my window this am, a teenage kitten at about 6 am and a magpie at 4 am as I was just dropping off, neither of them even attempting to be quiet.

TA's all day long!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Well, got to lunchtime alive - success! - only to notice that the front of my boxer shorts is where the back of my boxer shorts usually is. Away with the fairies.

Also, the sweet, sweet torture of a 1-year-old and his beautiful giggles who refuses to dul a chodladh. The whole night! I kept nodding off only for him to wake me up laughing at something. He was playing the piano - verb & noun used very loosely! - on my arm giggling his little croí away as I woke up. He was poking his finger into my nostrils, eyes and ears and this was the funniest thing ever for him. He found everything hilarious.

I brought him back to his cot, but the house turned into Aleppo in about 2015 so back again into the leaba. And because I was afraid he'd roll out of the bed it was the oddest "sleep" ever with sudden jumps up wondering where he was. Where in the name of Jesus he's getting the energy is beyond me.

Anyway, shortly after 6am he fell asleep. Hallelujah. I woke him up at 6:45am for crèche and he stayed asleep as I changed him and I ended up handing a sleeping little baby and his teddy bear to the girl in the crèche at 7:45. Zombie days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Android studio with its stupid red squiggly lines under everything :mad:
    Bredabe wrote: »
    a teenage kitten

Those teenage kitties sure are troublesome :D :pac:

I inadvertently brushed the back of my hand across a nettle - ouch

I was about 9-10 and fell asleep on the beach...woke up and felt the pain of sunburn...so I started to get dressed on a wall...had my underwear on...was just putting on a sock...and fell backwards into the field... full of 4ft high nettles...I was burned everywhere!! Think I cried for 2 days straight with the pain from both

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

I've probably posted this already but it keeps happening : self service check outs that seek staff intervention when you are trying to buy NON ALCOHOLIC beer. ffs.

• Advertisement

trellheim wrote: »
    Hang up immediately the first scream or f-bomb. No answers, no justification, just cut the call. This improves your mental state immensely. What is hilariously fun is when they ring back "yes that happens when people scream or f-bomb, its a feature not a bug" . If a line manager complains over your call handling, ask for written justification to listen to f-bombs and abuse. Watch them run like cockroaches.

I hung up in the end. These are the same people who demand everything - yeah, I really want to go out of my way to help you out now.

I had this one woman be really abusive on the phone a few times, I had to hang up on her a few times. When she eventually attended for an appointment I took great pleasure in introducing myself as "yes, I'm the person you've been speaking to on the phone". She was mortified.

Oh no, all the various managers know what it's like for us answering the phones and there's certainly never any criticism of hanging up on abusive callers. Unfortunately, the abusive callers are plentiful.

The sad thing is that the patients who are the most seriously ill are generally the ones who are nicest and demand nothing, that breaks my heart. You'd have parents with very seriously ill children and they just take it all in their stride, never hassling you, it's always "oh I didn't want to bother you" or "I know you're busy enough without me ringing as well".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

A day of TA's:(
    The screen on the parking meter in town was all blurry and impossible to read, thought I had given myself enough time but when the ticket came out I saw I would have to go back and top it up.
    I couldn't see the screen on the petrol pump from the angle I was at and had to keep taking the pump out to move to look at it.
    All day long I promised myself a Marvellous Creations bar when I went to Tesco this evening. No motherfcukin Marvellous Creation bars there
    :(
    My phone keeps acting stupid, bluetooth and airplane mode turning themselves on.
    TA I don't know if it's airplane or aeroplane.

Aeroplane...the Americans called it airplane..and it's kind of stuck.

TA'd that I want to eat now.... but have to collect my daughter in 20 mins...so I'll have to let my dinner go cold... timing is everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

So TA that the mother standing over her babies buggy is smoking. Absolutely disgraceful. Poor baby also another lady over the buggy smoking. Shame on them

TA'd at hayfever. My eyes are so itchy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Trying to get the dust bin connected back to the hoover, easy click my hole!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Every so often my Garmin watch buzzes and tells me to Move! Fcuk right off, if I want to sit down for a cup of tea I will :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

So TA that the mother standing over her babies buggy is smoking. Absolutely disgraceful. Poor baby also another lady over the buggy smoking. Shame on them

Word of advice. Never walk past Holles Street. Lived up that way for a while and it was rare not to see a heavily pregnant girl puffing away outside the main door.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Word of advice. Never walk past Holles Street. Lived up that way for a while and it was rare not to see a heavily pregnant girl puffing away outside the main door.

Or outside the Rotunda.... heavily pregnant...in a robe..ciggie and a red bull..quite a few years ago... but I'd say it wasn't unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Dry socket. Ouch

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement