Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I haven’t had a cup of tea all day :(

*makes sign of the cross*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Just realised I haven't either and it's too late now for real tea. I draw the line at having decaf tea for my first cup of the day, sacrilege :pac:

Also TA the pain in my hands. Had a couple of warts treated by doctor yesterday With the 'strong stuff' and my god the burning is brutal! On both hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

Annoyed that Nightline delivered a package to an address 60 km away....how? How? And why did the person sign for it?!?
    Rang them and was assured it would be here the next day, it wasn't. Rang again, was assured it would be here the next day. It wasn't. Finally got my package today, a week later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Just realised I haven't either and it's too late now for real tea. I draw the line at having decaf tea for my first cup of the day, sacrilege :pac:

:eek:

The absolute horror!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

:eek:

The absolute horror!

:pac:

Still no tea.
    I’ve just had plain old water all day.
    Water. Like I’m trying to be healthy and hydrate or something :eek:

It’s a good job I’m putting the finishing touches to a massive chocolate cake to balance out all the healthy stuff from today :p:D

TA I’m tired but won’t be going to bed for hours :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,605 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

not understanding the title of a thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

The pain in my back. Why? Please go away :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭AllForIt

When ppl add you to a Whatsapp group without asking permission. This is Whatsapp fault to to not have it a requirement to either allow or reject it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Stop what a nightmare of a day.

1st my flight got cancelled to birmingham then I was put on the manchester flight no issues. Then my bag did not show up for a hour. Then I was like where's my thansfer to birmingham that's gone about a hour ago as a couple sad there was no one else transferring to the bus.

Now I am in a taxi to birmingham paid for by aer Lingus.

So should get into Birmingham by 12pm when I was due in by 8am.

Nightmare of a day!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

AllForIt wrote: »
    When ppl add you to a Whatsapp group without asking permission. This is Whatsapp fault to to not have it a requirement to either allow or reject it.

When you leave a group and then some f*cker adds you back in :mad:

My rage today. I pranced into the kitchen today in work all excited about making a cup of tea.
    Firstly I noticed that the last bozo to use the kettle didn't refill it.

Filled the kettle about halfway, put her on boil and sat down to look at boobies on instagram.

A colleague came into the kitchen with his jumbo sized mug just as the kettle clicked. He filled up his jumbo mug with the kettle water and strolled out of the kitchen.

I went to make my mug of tea and only got half a standard sized mug of boiling water.
    Pr*ck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

My sunburn is peeling so I look like a leper, I have a great sun tan though! Not that I'd recommend this method. My body is so itchy and I'm not sure if it's the peeling or the IVs, if it's the IVs then it means my liver isn't coping with all of the drugs. It's making me paranoid but I've a check up on Monday so I'm going to wait it out.

I also have a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and my tongue/lips are numb and tingly and my limbs feel all light and weird. The joys of the side effects of IV antibiotics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I was waiting to be served in the shop and a big ignorant farmer looking fecker literally barged me over out of the way so he could get served first.
    What really annoys me is that I was to chicken to say anything to him at the time.

Big Galoots! That's what I like to call people like that.

People who spend waaay too long adding every bloody condiment under the sun to their coffee at the milk and sugar area in my local Costa :(

And when you have a sneezing fit and you're found seriously wanting for a tissue afterwards and there's none in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Big Galoots! That's what I like to call people like that.

People who spend waaay too long adding every bloody condiment under the sun to their coffee at the milk and sugar area in my local Costa :(

And when you have a sneezing fit and you're found seriously wanting for a tissue afterwards and there's none in sight.
    Me too.. but not to their faces of course :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    I also have a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and my tongue/lips are numb and tingly and my limbs feel all light and weird. The joys of the side effects of IV antibiotics.

Ugh...I remember that from when I had pneumonia two years ago. It feels like you've been licking scaffolding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

Sly Comreg-sanctioned premium rate numbers [...] And very fúcking sly of Comreg to authorise such regional-looking numbers as premium numbers.

So...our communications regulator, which is supposed to be...er...regulating...is actually enabling these scams?

From the "Roles and Responsibilities" section of their website:

"We are responsible for facilitating competition, for protecting consumers and for encouraging innovation." (My emphasis)

It seems to me that they're not doing enough of the highlighted bit. On the other hand, their encouragement of innovative price-gouging scams seems to be top-notch. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Nearly collided with a complete numpty hauling a horsebox earlier.

They were driving that sort of older jeep that suggests they are the sort of farmer that is adverse to spending any money, and pulled out in front of me without either indicating or slowing down when sensing my presence right behind them. I was literally no more than four feet away from crashing into the trailer, which of course had a horse inside.

I didn't want to startle the horse by blowing the horn straight away, but when he/she turned into a car-park about a minute later, again without indicating, I let rip on the horn. Raging ever since.

I feel for the well-being of the horse though if it's owner hasn't even the smarts to drive safely.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    storker wrote: »
    Ugh...I remember that from when I had pneumonia two years ago. It feels like you've been licking scaffolding.

Let me guess - levofloxacine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

New Home wrote: »
    Let me guess - levofloxacine?

I don't usually get the taste in my mouth with colomycin and teicoplanin so I think the meropenem is the culprit! I've only recently started using it when ill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Stuck behind a slow moving piece of **** on a rural road with not enough space to overtake.
    It’s alright, I’ll be turning left at the next road so I’ll be away from them then.
    Just as I have that thought, the slow moving piece of **** indicates left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I got a punnet of easy peelers that looked really nice. The first one was completely tasteless. Never mind I thought, the next one will be nice. Nope, the one I have just eaten there was a nasty little orange ball of tastelessness. TA, fruit is so goddamn hit and miss, who fcukin grows and has the audacity to sell sh1te satsumas?

When your talking to someone and it's very obvious that they aren't even listening to you, they are just waiting until you finish so they can start yammering away. Actually you are lucky if they let you finish and don't butt in on you :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I was really looking forward to free food, and then I found myself with no option but to give an ultimatum to the love of my life, and now I am really stressed and when I get stressed my appetite goes - so the free food excitement was for nothing. :(

We'll probably make up later and I will be hungry again when the free food is long gone :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I got a punnet of easy peelers that looked really nice. The first one was completely tasteless. Never mind I thought, the next one will be nice. Nope, the one I have just eaten there was a nasty little orange ball of tastelessness. TA, fruit is so goddamn hit and miss, who fcukin grows and has the audacity to sell sh1te satsumas?

Folks - satsumas, easy peelers, tangerines, mandarins, oranges, etc are not in season right now, so you're bound to get fruit that's been kept in fridges for eons and/or that's been picked in far-flung places when it wasn't even remotely ripe (like those mangoes on special offer everywhere that are as hard as rocks and green, and that when you leave them on the windowsill to ripen will just rot away without ripening enough). Just because it's in the shops it doesn't mean it's "edible".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I say I'm not going out because xyz, in reality I just can't be arsed moving my arse

I then proceed to get fomo when its too late and then wondering if ill ever get asked to anything again because I'm always "busy"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The Guff that reporters ask people on the royal visit, although some of the answers are as daft,

lets bring them to watch some childer pick rubbish on a beach, they'll love to watch that,

At least the "have ya had a Guinness yet" hasn't been shouted at them yet....or did I miss that? (cringe)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I spent 90 minutes in the gym before I realised I had an apple sticker stuck to my elbow. :o

I could have come up with an apple based pun but I was too busy working on my core.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I spent 90 minutes in the gym before I realised I had an apple sticker stuck to my elbow. :o

I could have come up with an apple based pun but I was too busy working on my core.

You pipped me to the post.

Double pun bonus.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Home wrote: »
    Folks - satsumas, easy peelers, tangerines, mandarins, oranges, etc are not in season right now, so you're bound to get fruit that's been kept in fridges for eons and/or that's been picked in far-flung places when it wasn't even remotely ripe (like those mangoes on special offer everywhere that are as hard as rocks and green, and that when you leave them on the windowsill to ripen will just rot away without ripening enough). Just because it's in the shops it doesn't mean it's "edible".

Well that explains that then!

*facepalm*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

When people go out for a night like as a couple or whatever and spend the whole night tagging themselves and their oh where ever they're going on facebook with a running commentary. Go enjoy the date for feck sake instead of spending it with your head in your phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

When people go out for a night like as a couple or whatever and spend the whole night tagging themselves and their oh where ever they're going on facebook with a running commentary. Go enjoy the date for feck sake instead of spending it with your head in your phone!

I really don't get that tagging thing... "ehm... congratulations, I guess, on making it to a place ?"

TA I got sucked in to a facebook comments thread, and like, me being me, I posted a really long rant about something, and next thing some friends of mine liked my comments ! I know I snoop on other people's comments on some articles sometimes, but I didn't think my friends'd be snooping on me :o

I don't mind them seeing my opinion too much as I'd speak that in real life, but I'm just embarrassed at outgassing in public... :P (it was in French so at least I'm hoping Irish friends and colleagues couldn't be arsed translating)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭AllForIt

TA, when ppl don't seem to have any kind of spacial awareness, either in the case their eyes or ears or not working or even worse they don't respect public social rules of engagement.

Like for example your in the supermarket and someone with their big trolly comes straight for you and doesn't look like their going to stop so you have to jump out of the way.

Your on the pavement and there is a line of ppl in front of you blocking the whole path. You walk up right behind them giving them a hint and no reaction whatsoever as if they are all completely deaf.

When ppl don't understand it is you that should move out of the way and not me. For example If I got out of the way I'd have to go on the road, or off the path into the mucky wet grass. In those scenarios it is the other person who should move but they stubbornly don't. And when those ppl do move they do it such that they brush up against your shoulder as we pass each other as If I was causing them such an inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I have pilates this morning and am going to the pool and sauna afterwards, it's raining, which means I'll have to put on and take off my wet gear 3 times this morning:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

When people stand really close behind you in a queue so you shuffle a few steps ahead to give yourself some space only for them to move closer again!!! Jesus, personal space people!!

When people stand really close behind you in a queue so you shuffle a few steps ahead to give yourself some space only for them to move closer again!!! Jesus, personal space people!!

I hate when you can feel someone just barely tipping off your bag every now and then or standing so close behind you that it feels like they're leaning over your shoulder. You know when you're queuing up at the conveyor belt and the person ahead of you has loads of shopping so all they're stuff is getting scanned but the person behind you keeps shuffling behind you as if moving closer to the till will make things go faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

A trick I use... instead of taking 4 or 5 steps forward to get away...take 1 step back...they normally get the message then

A trick I use... instead of taking 4 or 5 steps forward to get away...take 1 step back and stand on their foot...they normally get the message then

.... :pac:

erica74 wrote: »
    .... :pac:

I was trying to be subtle....for once! ;)

Dear neighbours, I know you're nice, for the most part, but do you RRRREEEEEALLLLLY have to use both the lawnmower and the strimmer at the same time? At this time of the morning?? On a Saturday???

Oh I hate it, I was waiting in the queue once and this woman behind me was constantly ramming me in the bum with her trolley :mad: and people who sit beside you on the bus despite their being free seats elsewhere, or come into a cubicle beside you for a Tom Tit when there are lots of others to choose from, or strangers who stare at you rudely or give you dirty/superior looks for absolutely no reason, and gangs of young ones who stand either side of the pavement and give you the whole 'we're dead hard, we are' treatment as you walk between them, and filthy swine whose hygiene practices haven't evolved since the dark ages, and dog owners who don't pick up after their pets and you don't realise you've stood in it until you've walked it through the house and get a nasty niff.

Oh saints preserve us! Too much negativity for a Saturday morning.

What did you do afyer the gym? Go for a face-peel :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Boy racers revving their tricked up idiot mobiles behind me at traffic lights this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I know there's a fan on this thread but feck Taylor Swift, sorry Auto.
    Drove up to Dublin to catch up with some friends. Decided to drive up and home again to Wexford as I have a busy day today.
    On way home I waited for 20 mins for a Luas which I then couldn't get on as it was packed to the gills. Then spent ages queueing for a taxi to take me back to my car parked in a park and ride outside the City Centre. To top it all off I forgot to tag off my Leapcard when I walked away from the Luas stop so I’ll also be charged for a journey I didn't make :mad:
    Had a lovely dinner though!

Boy racers revving their tricked up idiot mobiles behind me at traffic lights this morning.
    With the exhausts that make that silly WHOOOOOO noise every time they change gear :mad:

Alcoholic brother left the back door open all night when he went out for a smoke, Clear as day he was drinking last night and he was denying it,I don't why I bother arguing with him it just wears me down, stupid clown.
    Poochie05 wrote: »
    stop so I’ll also be charged for a journey I didn't make :mad:

Bastards!

My alcoholic next door neighbor roaring and shouting at night...I just threw a bag of mouldy mandarins into her back garden.......I don't know why!....maybe there's some repressed symbolism there

I'm considering entering a close relative in the olympics. The freestyle passive aggression event, it would mean a guaranteed gold for Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

The slugs in my garden, holy cow... I declared war, martial law is in action. My greenhouse is a slug slaughterhouse now, slimey little bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

The word “narrative” being used what seems like every f*cking 5 seconds these days.

I don’t know why, but it annoys the living sh!t out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

You mean there were some not arrested?? 30 odd arrested last night, they said on the wireless this morning. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I'm considering entering a close relative in the olympics. The freestyle passive aggression event, it would mean a guaranteed gold for Ireland.

sorry but they would be up against some fairly stiff competition against some people I know that I would also be entering . . guaranteed to bring home gold bronze and silver for Ireland

ta at my neighbours going away for the day and leaving on their radio blaring inside the house (to give would be burglars the impression that somebody's home). at least it keeps down my electricity bill as I don't need to turn on my own radio - luckily we have the same taste in radio!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement