Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭valoren

Saw an advert for a singing group called "The Celtic Tenor" with the blurb stating;

Three Tenors....One Voice.

TA'd that the tickets are 25 euro and not.....;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

valoren wrote: »
    Saw an advert for a singing group called "The Celtic Tenor" with the blurb stating;

Three Tenors....One Voice.

TA'd that the tickets are 25 euro and not THREE TENNERS.....;)

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Bats in my attic!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Bats in my attic!!!

That'd be a major TH to me. :) (I'm not happy that you're unhappy about the bats, I mean I'd be very happy if bats decided to move into my attic. :))

New Home wrote: »
    That'd be a major TH to me. :) (I'm not happy that you're unhappy about the bats, I mean I'd be very happy if bats decided to move into my attic. :))

Sawpsie houses??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Sawpsie houses??

I'm pretty sure you can't remove them either

I'm pretty sure you can't remove them either

Nope, they are a protected species. Can't touch them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd that I'm really warm, but my feet are stone cold :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I am up waaaaaay past my bed time, gonna be a hot mess in the morning :(

TAd that I'm now singing Bat out of Hell and even doing the revving up sound.

The memories are flowing back - I remember Dingos jeans, of all things because the girl in the clothes shop was obsessed with Meat Loaf and had him on all the time - what an utterly brilliant album in its entirety!

I'll be singing this for the next two weeks now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Friend of mine just messaged me to tell me about her boyfriend learning a new skill. She's not delighted for him he's learning to do it, she's delighted for her that he will now know how to do it. As if it was a deficiency on his part.... She TAs me when she carries on like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The shower gel (or whatever) that seems to be always at a special offer price until you actually need to buy it

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Bats in my attic!!!

I spent a summer in canada many moons ago and woke up one night to find a bat flying over and back in my room. Scared the bejaysus out of me.
    Opened the windows and fled the room naked but for a bedsheet.

Am still having 'bat' nightmares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Blaas4life

I spent a summer in canada many moons ago and woke up one night to find a bat flying over and back in my room. Scared the bejaysus out of me.

Safe to say your not Bruce Wayne? :P

Imagine how that poor bat felt.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Woke up with a headache, **** me it hurts default_sleep.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd when I cut open my avocado it was as black coal, I'd say I could have thrown it into the fire and it would have burnt away :rolleyes: :pac:

Ta #2 I bit my tongue, the pain.......you mother fu@@##! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

When people say "store" instead of "shop".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

FB feed awash with Father's Day posts.

Not a fan of these digital PDA's as it never considers those who may have recently lost their loved one, or are estranged from their family etc. I mean it's the first Father's Day since grandad passed away, and mam and her family used to have an annual dinner on the day. My cousins lost their father not even a month ago. I'd rather not see all the mushy sentiment.

Surely a card/pint/nice dinner could be done in private?. You know, like it was before the advent of social media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Not a fan of these digital PDA's as it never considers those who may have recently lost their loved one, or are estranged from their family etc. I mean it's the first Father's Day since grandad passed away, and mam and her family used to have an annual dinner on the day. My cousin's lost their father not even a month ago. I'd rather not see all the mushy sentiment.

Surely a card/pint/nice dinner could be done in private?. You know, like it was before the advent of social media.

And that's what gets to me....
    I won't see my father today.....
    it's going to be very hard for me........................the fcker keeps knocking at my door asking to be let in but I can't be arsed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Every single Lotto ad, especially the island ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Not a fan of these digital PDA's as it never considers those who may have recently lost their loved one, or are estranged from their family etc. I mean it's the first Father's Day since grandad passed away, and mam and her family used to have an annual dinner on the day. My cousins lost their father not even a month ago. I'd rather not see all the mushy sentiment.

It's especially irritating when said dad is not on Facebook himself & won't even see it. I won't see my dad today but he's getting a pint & dinner next week when I do see him!!! (And it's not going on social media!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Was at a music festival on Saturday. Finished at midnight and I got a bus at 1am and arrived elsewhere at 3am. Then waited until 5am for another bus. Then got a train at 8:30 and another at 10:30 and arrived home at 12:30. Live in mainland Europe these days

I bought a microwave pizza and planned to eat it and go to sleep in the afternoon. Was shattered

My TA is my fond of Lycra lance Armstrong wannabe :rolleyes: fitness freak housemate who passed comment on my pizza and my diet in general. I explained my epic journey, not slept in near 30 hours and can’t face cooking

Smoothies bla bla weight will fall off ya blabla. And your bike, I never see you cycling it why not?

“I don’t need your judgement “ I said and ate it in my bedroom. Most here would have been less kind

Ta’d at holier than thou judgemental people.

Between the space of the car failing the NCT last week and now, my mam has managed to misplace the logbook. Which wouldn't bother me so much if the NCT retest wasn't tomorrow :eek:

Also the immersion decided to stop working today, which means no hot water, and no shower for me tonight :(

People who contact you at the last minute with some story of desperation that they need you to drop everything and help them. In fact, somebody else contacts you on their behalf saying they're worried about them and could I help. I wouldn't mind but I reduced contact with this person precisely because there was always some drama.

I'm utterly exhausted and just finished clearing a huge backlog and had planned to take a couple of days off work this week just to sleep/recover/go for quiet walks after I drop the kids to crèche. And I can definitely say No to this person, but I can't at the same time. Our society is too small.

Time is so much more important than money for me now. And so many people pull at you for it.

Found the logbook, so no longer TA'd about that :D

The immersion on the other hand...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Found the logbook, so no longer TA'd about that :D

The immersion on the other hand...:mad:

3 wet wipes....be grand!
    :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My ancient sloooow laptop, but I'm going to get the last bit of use out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭trellheim

Also the immersion decided to stop working today, which means no hot water, and no shower for me tonight

check the little pop-up button on top of the immersion thermostat. sometimes can be as simple as pushing it back in again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Kitty6277 wrote: »

Also the immersion decided to stop working today, which means no hot water, and no shower for me tonight :(

Aw no! Going anywhere without a shower is the worst :( Same thing happened us a few weeks ago. Still haven't got it fixed but we turned off all the radiators and are just using oil to heat the water

Aw no! Going anywhere without a shower is the worst :( Same thing happened us a few weeks ago. Still haven't got it fixed but we turned off all the radiators and are just using oil to heat the water

Tried that, but by the time I went for my shower there was still no hot water so I ended up having a cold shower. Oh well, at least my hair's clean! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Travelling through the airport this morning, afraid if I start I won't stop!
    People standing in the middle of the corridors, all the corridors
    People stealing your space in the security queue when you step out to get a tray to put your stuff in to
    People opening their suitcases to repack in the middle of corridors instead of pulling in to the side
    Trainee till operators with no back up, I know they have to learn but someone should be available to give them a hand when things go pear shaped, especially when you're standing between me and my coffee
    People using a toothpick in full view while you are trying to enjoy your coffee!
    And I haven't even gone to the gate yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭trellheim

You do know we have a "most annoying habits of airplane passengers thread" over in the Aviation forum ? We have a little club going over there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

First Monday of my between jobs week. In bed trying to enjoy not thinking about anything to do with my previous job.
    6:30 my sister starts texting. 7:00 my friend starts texting. 7:30 my mom. 10:00 a phone call from my dad! If I wanted all these people to talk to me they wouldn't like! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

5am a seagull outside the bedroom starts up
    6am 2 crows outside the bedroom have an argument

WTF birds? **** off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

I'm hungry.
    I'm in work.
    I'd rather be ironing my hands.
    Not necessarily in that order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

There must be some amount of people with unmanaged hayfever. No matter where you go there has to be (sorry guys) mostly men, snorting a post nasal drip and hacking. Eugh, take a f*cking anti-histamine and sort it out. It's vile and nobody wants to listen to you hacking and swallowing your gobs of phlegm.

Brow "boutiques".

"Artisan" anything.

People who pull and chuck their dogs excessively on the lead. Go take your stress and anger out on someone your own size, you big passive aggressive bully.

People who dress up for Bloomsday.

That nobody can be offended or p*ssed off or corrected anymore - no, they have to be "shamed" - and the story has to f*cking "break the internet". Oh God my seething anger shortens my own life expectancy with this one.

Second on the people practically molesting the back of your head while standing in a queue.

People at a deli counter who ask "can I get" - HAVE, you can HAVE.

"Gate" at the end of everything.

Small talk/ how was your weekend etc.

People who phlump down on the seat beside you on the bus/ luas and take up all your personal space.

Junkies' permanent facial expressions of surpirise and put upon-ness. Constantly having big dramas and shouting matches with each other and the look on their faces like the world just ended over some trivial piece of sh*te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    There must be some amount of people with unmanaged hayfever. No matter where you go there has to be (sorry guys) mostly men, snorting a post nasal drip and hacking. Eugh, take a f*cking anti-histamine and sort it out. It's vile and nobody wants to listen to you hacking and swallowing your gobs of phlegm.

In fairness I am taking daily double dose of anti-histamines and taking night and day tablets but the hayfever is savage this past 10 days.
    Can't be blaming me for feckin nature's dislike for me at this time of year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

People asking you personal questions when they never met you before

Fück off and mind your business hun

WW3 breaking breaking out again last night.

Nasty Alcoholic brothers, being nasty and saying hurtful things :(.

Leaving the bathroom in a mess and not picking up his underwear :mad:

Leaving the kitchen in a mess :mad:

Feeling anxious about the future.

• Advertisement

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Travelling through the airport this morning, afraid if I start I won't stop!
    People standing in the middle of the corridors, all the corridors
    People stealing your space in the security queue when you step out to get a tray to put your stuff in to
    People opening their suitcases to repack in the middle of corridors instead of pulling in to the side

Use your suitcase as a plough poochie and knock them all out of the way,go full force, that will learn em :pac: and for the ones stealing your space bop the heads off all of em :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Accidentally ringing someone back while deleting voicemails.
    Getting an answer machine and hanging up because I need to plan what I am going to say so I don't sound like a blithering idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

My ex will be continuing to live in the house we used to share, but all our direct debits and contracts are in my name.
    He doesn't seem to be in any rush to sort this, I asked him this morning for money for this months bills that will be coming out and he just replied saying "ok cool". No money transferred into my account as of yet.
    I just want a clean break. It would be so much easier to deal with if I didn't have to contact him about things like these.
    I have a lump in my throat all morning, I can't seem to get out of pity party mode at all :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

SusieBlue wrote: »
    My ex will be continuing to live in the house we used to share, but all our direct debits and contracts are in my name.
    He doesn't seem to be in any rush to sort this, I asked him this morning for money for this months bills that will be coming out and he just replied saying "ok cool". No money transferred into my account as of yet.
    I just want a clean break. It would be so much easier to deal with if I didn't have to contact him about things like these.
    I have a lump in my throat all morning, I can't seem to get out of pity party mode at all :(
    Susie you are getting there , you will be ok in time . Can you ask a relative to do the contacting instead ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My sister broke the clothes line last year by hanging her extremely heavy mattress protector (king size bed and the protector has about an inch of memory foam in it) out to dry on it. I warned her it would break it but she pooh-poohed me and went ahead. It lasted about 15 minutes before the line broke. So we had no line for about six months because I'm a stubborn so-and-so and was waiting for her to buy a new one. She eventually did and my dad hung it up a couple of weeks ago.

What did she decide to do last week? Wash and dry the mattress protector again. And hang it on the line, again. You can guess where this is going...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

SusieBlue wrote: »

I really feel for you Susie, having to stay in contact with the person who broke your heart can't be easy at all. The practicalities will unfortunately have to be sorted out but you'll get to a place where he isn't in your life any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I warned her it would break it but she pooh-poohed me.
    Just like the mattress protector :D
    I was quite annoyed this morning when I seen a bus driver berating a clearly disabled young woman who had forgotten her travel pass. The lady took out her purse to pay the cash fare but could only muster up €1.95 for a €2.10 fare. Luckily the guy getting on behind her threw the extra 15 cent into the machine, but he rightly gave the driver a piece of his mind fair dues. I was sitting halfway down the bus while this was going on and seen/heard everything, so I'm also kinda annoyed at myself now for doing nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

the amount of bandwagoning twats on twitter virtue signalling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I had some pork stir-fry for lunch, it was very tasty but also very spicy, still have a bit of burning sensation on my tongue 2 hours later.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Someone needs to do a clockwork orange job on my eyelids. So sleepy.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement