Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Someone needs to do a clockwork orange job on my eyelids. So sleepy.

I'm getting you a pair of these for your birthday bones :pac:

e33b4884593de76dbf3cc1b7c6017e51--los-simpsons-homer-simpson.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

SusieBlue wrote: »
    My ex will be continuing to live in the house we used to share, but all our direct debits and contracts are in my name.
    He doesn't seem to be in any rush to sort this, I asked him this morning for money for this months bills that will be coming out and he just replied saying "ok cool". No money transferred into my account as of yet.
    I just want a clean break. It would be so much easier to deal with if I didn't have to contact him about things like these.
    I have a lump in my throat all morning, I can't seem to get out of pity party mode at all :(

I can identify with this, but from the other side. My OH is going through a divorce and the amount of nagging and pushing I have had to do to get him to remove his name from joint things, would cause premature ageing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

I'm getting you a pair of these for your birthday bones

They would be perfect right now Seph zzzzz

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

T'ad I posted my spider story in the wrong thread

*facepalm*

They would be perfect right now Seph zzzzz

If I don't get them for you I've at least planted an idea in misses bones head for a birthday/xmas gift for you ;) :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Waiting. Hate feeling like I'm doing nothing even though I've done all the stuff I have to do, all that's left to do is wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

SusieBlue wrote: »
    My ex will be continuing to live in the house we used to share, but all our direct debits and contracts are in my name.
    He doesn't seem to be in any rush to sort this, I asked him this morning for money for this months bills that will be coming out and he just replied saying "ok cool". No money transferred into my account as of yet.
    I just want a clean break. It would be so much easier to deal with if I didn't have to contact him about things like these.
    I have a lump in my throat all morning, I can't seem to get out of pity party mode at all :(
    Fcuk him. Send him an email saying you need the money in your account as the bill is due. If he doesn't cough up the money then contact the suppliers and see if you can cancel. If you can't cancel, change to your new address. Sure you'll be paying for a service you don't need but it's better than paying for a service for an ex ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Arrogant people. Just because I was masturbating in a bush outside your house, doesn't mean I fancy you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Sitting in the sauna last night and listening to "oh it's very hot in here" running commentary. THAT IS THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT. When I win the lotto, I'm getting a sauna installed in my house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭trellheim

Sitting in the sauna last night and listening to "oh it's very hot in here" running commentary.
    well done, I lol'ed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I constantly end up doing the stuff that a certain other person in this house "doesn't have time" i.e. is not arsed to do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

TA that some people don't understand that they don't have to give their opinion on everything. People seem to think that they have to provide an opinion on everything, even if what they say is absolutely vile.
    Just a PSA, it's okay to keep some things inside your head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Need to organise my son's birthday party and every place seems to be closed today?! I need to pack the invites today because it's the last day of school tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Chewbacca wrote: »
    Bread feelers

Would you like to come over and squeeze my buns?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Went for a 'swim' while I was away, it was a lovely pool, the same depth everywhere and warm!
    As I'm not a great swimmer, I struggled to swim to the far end away from the steps in, but I made it and started my water physio.

Five minutes in three ppl arrived for a swim, each of the two men went into the roped lanes and the woman started to swim lanes in the furthest part of the wide lane I was in, the dirty looks she threw me as she tipped the wall behind me to mark her laps.

Honestly, woman, you saw it was a wide lane, you saw I was in it doing aqua exercises, what was the need for visible annoyances every time!?
    It's a freaking pool, get over yourself!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Was watching a movie and I pressed a button on the remote to display the on-screen information because I wanted to see how long was left. It also showed the name of the chapter which was called "<Character Name> Stabbed". FFS. This was supposed to be a big surprise because that character was meeting a supposed friend who stabbed him literally mid-sentence.

That surprise was ruined for me by some complete moron who came up with the chapter names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

When I message state and semi-state organisations for clarification on their t&c's and they send me back a link to the t&cs. If it was as simple as what was in the t&c's, why would I waste both our times asking questions?:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I recently told a colleague that I felt that her client x was headed for a troublesome situation because of y choices made for her, I was told to mind my own business etc, and now that sit has happened, x is tramtised and colleagues saying 'no one could have foreseen this would happen':(:(

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Why email me telling me what you're going to do? Just send me the certificate, I don't need to be told that you're about to send me the certificate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

I don't know is it just me or is there a sudden proliferation of off-the-shelf disposable hand soaps replacing proper soap dispensers in restaurant and bar toilets. We have been conditioned by years of hammering the old dispensers with the base of our hand to get a dribble of soap drip apologetically into the palm of your hand because the owners never bothered refilling them. Now, you go at a disposable soap dispenser with the same force one-handed while turning on the tap (because hey, us men can multi-task too) and it ejects a stream of clear sticky fluid with the venom of cornered spitting cobra. This isn't a problem if you have your hand angled properly to catch the soap. But, caught unawares, you can get a spray of clear sticky fluid onto your lower stomach. This is not a good look to have leaving a public toilet.

You can then try and get the sticky liquid off with toilet paper leaving a visible stain or you can splash water over yourself and try to dry it off with then hand dryer. Awkward if they have a Dyson and neither is a good option: Someone could walk in or you end up coming out of the jacks looking a bit dishevelled after spending an inordinate amount of time in there.

Can we just go back to filling (sometimes) the old built-in soap dispensers. Please. While I still have some credibility and a few friends left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Appointment to meet radiologist doctor person for 12, did not see them until 2. Wasted time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Deise Vu wrote: »
    I don't know is it just me or is there a sudden proliferation of off-the-shelf disposable hand soaps replacing proper soap dispensers in restaurant and bar toilets. We have been conditioned by years of hammering the old dispensers with the base of our hand to get a dribble of soap drip apologetically into the palm of your hand because the owners never bothered refilling them. Now, you go at a disposable soap dispenser with the same force one-handed while turning on the tap (because hey, us men can multi-task too) and it ejects a stream of clear sticky fluid with the venom of cornered spitting cobra. This isn't a problem if you have your hand angled properly to catch the soap. But, caught unawares, you can get a spray of clear sticky fluid onto your lower stomach. This is not a good look to have leaving a public toilet.

You can then try and get the sticky liquid off with toilet paper leaving a visible stain or you can splash water over yourself and try to dry it off with then hand dryer. Awkward if they have a Dyson and neither is a good option: Someone could walk in or you end up coming out of the jacks looking a bit dishevelled after spending an inordinate amount of time in there.

Can we just go back to filling (sometimes) the old built-in soap dispensers. Please. While I still have some credibility and a few friends left.

And you know what that cloudy gooey liquid looks like when it gets all over your lower stomach :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Blaas4life

No home and away :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Deise Vu wrote: »

Sincere congratulations for being one of the few people who actually wash his/her hands after using the toilet! And I really mean it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I just heard a back to school ad on the radio. FFS the leaving cert isn't even over yet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Bredabe wrote: »
    Went for a 'swim' while I was away, it was a lovely pool, the same depth everywhere and warm!
    As I'm not a great swimmer, I struggled to swim to the far end away from the steps in, but I made it and started my water physio.

Five minutes in three ppl arrived for a swim, each of the two men went into the roped lanes and the woman started to swim lanes in the furthest part of the wide lane I was in, the dirty looks she threw me as she tipped the wall behind me to mark her laps.

Honestly, woman, you saw it was a wide lane, you saw I was in it doing aqua exercises, what was the need for visible annoyances every time!?
    It's a freaking pool, get over yourself!

I hope you pissed in it, in silent yet dignified protest. (The pool, not the snotty bitch)

Chewbacca wrote: »
    Are they hot, fresh or firm?

Saggy, squishy, and Def past their sell by date in afraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA that I have no buns to do a feel test on.

TA'd that I have a pain/discomfort in my wrist. The sensation itself is annoying, as is the fact that I can't decide what to classify it as. It's not all that sore, but I can definitely feel something :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Someone eating a smelly McDonald’s burger sitting next to me on Dublin bus. Jesus leave it until you get off ya fućkin pig.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

There's a wall I go by everyday. One top brick is out of place. Today, I tried to put it into place. Won't fit. Don't know if it ever has. It's out of place, everytime.

the_syco wrote:
    There's a wall I go by everyday. One top brick is out of place. Today, I tried to put it into place. Won't fit. Don't know if it ever has. It's out of place, everytime.

That has the makings of a remake of Fr Ted sketch with the dent in car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭AllForIt

You take the trouble to write an unusually considered and thoughtful wordy post on boards and just after you proof read it you click 'post reply" only to be met with "You have no Internet Connection - please check your settings". Thereby loosing wot u wrote. Aggh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Went to River Island today, love their clothes, haven't bought myself a stitch in yonks and had a voucher in a drawer since Christmas.

Rambled around the shop needing a few pairs of jeans.

Was annoyed to discover every pair they had on the floor were skinny or super skinny pairs, even the ones on sale.

Not a single pair of straight cut or boot cut.

Seriously what's the obsession with skinny jeans in the men's department? I've no interest in making myself sterile thank you very much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭AllForIt

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Went to River Island today, love their clothes, haven't bought myself a stitch in yonks and had a voucher in a drawer since Christmas.

Rambled around the shop needing a few pairs of jeans.

Was annoyed to discover every pair they had on the floor were skinny or super skinny pairs, even the ones on sale.

Not a single pair of straight cut or boot cut.

Seriously what's the obsession with skinny jeans in the men's department? I've no interest in making myself sterile thank you very much!

The moral of the story is don't shop in trendy fashion stores when all you want is a bog standard pair of Dunnes Jeans : D

And to expect to find a straight pair of anything in River Island is not to understand what the ethos of the place is about. ; D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Being awake for nearly 24 hours at this stage...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Went to see Jurassic Park Fallen Kingdom in the cinema last week.
    The song that plays in the 'majesty of nature' parts in all of the films is still stuck in my head.

Ba ba baa baaaaa ba ba ba baaaaaa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The english press and headlines like these. Do they really believe that the whole world has gone nuts over Harry Kane?!!

_102120018_mirror_wednesday.jpg

• Advertisement

^^^ We'll never hear the end of it now!!!

It was only Tunisia they played, not real world beaters, and struggled at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I’ve been waiting on an email reply from someone for about a week now, refreshing everyday awaiting instruction on something I have to do. Just copped that I’ve been checking the wrong email account. The email I’ve been waiting for has been sitting there, not responded to, for about 5 days.
    Fcuk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

My god I am so fcuking itchy. My whole body is itchy. Anyone have a fetish for scratching other people? Long nails not essential but an advantage. PM me :p

Very cold here this morning burrr
    Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    My god I am so fcuking itchy. My whole body is itchy. Anyone have a fetish for scratching other people? Long nails not essential but an advantage. PM me :p

*puts on fake long nails*

Oh cleooooo!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

DISCLAIMER: Not calling Cleopatra a cow. I just think they should invent a human version of this.

giphy.gif

Automatic%2BCattle%2BBrush.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I got a mouthful of injections 2 hours ago as I cannot stand getting my teeth cleaned and also needed a filling. My bottom lip and chin are still dead and I'm hungry:(. Also have to go to the school soon and I can't talk properly and look weird ( moreso than other days :) )

Cleopatra_ wrote: »

I'll try anything once!

Have to work later, and I'll miss the two other matches that are on today, booo :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Cleopatra_ wrote:
    And you know what that cloudy gooey liquid looks like when it gets all over your lower stomach

Was that not the entire basis of that post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Self inflicted food poisoning last night thought my food was cooked it wasn't, the cold shivers are the worst TA can't watch football as mind is preoccupied.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement