Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

The general public.

I'm based in a small office building at the moment.

We share bathrooms with a two other small offices. Never a problem there.

Every week someone off the street sneaks up and destroys our toilets.

Animals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

In work, if someone hands me a few pages which are stapled together, but they have used numerous staples as they are adding sheets to the pile.

Hey, asshole, remove the ONE existing staple, add the new pages and staple again ONCE. Anything else is basically anarchy and tells me the person involved has terrible pubic hygiene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Was that not the entire basis of that post?

Sometimes when you don't have anything nice to say it's better not to say anything at all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I can't pinpoint where the weird smell in my kitchen is coming from.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I can't pinpoint where the weird smell in kitchen is coming from.

I'm standing outside your window with pie......sorry about that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm standing outside your window with pie......sorry about that :pac:

From someone who grew up on a farm as a child this smells like molasses :(
    Townies- Google it!

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

From someone who grew up on a farm as a child this smells like molasses :(
    Townies- Google it!

*googles*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Sometimes when you don't have anything nice to say it's better not to say anything at all :)

And sometimes when you're trying to shoehorn a smutty joke into every single post you make, you should consider whether that joke has already been done, and better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt....
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

And sometimes when you're trying to shoehorn a smutty joke into every single post you make, you should consider whether that joke has already been done, and better.

When you have a chronic life threatening illness and an abundance of free time it helps to have a sense of humour in the face of your impending doom. My apologies though, I'll make sure to thoroughly check my posts in future. Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to the hospital to see if I can have the line in my chest that was accidentally pulled out replaced.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

huhuhu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

''what time are you open till?''

This usually means the customer will arrive 1 minute before close and will need a minimum of 20mins time to sort out whatever it is that they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

In a job for a little over two months. There are some staff here over 10 years

I have a stack of processes to know and no procedures exist. So I wrote it myself as best I can over 100 pages. Easy to read , loads of screenshots. I asked why no procedures and got a “always been that way” fob off

If I ask a question I get a “You were shown before” or “Read the checklist” which sure it exists but it doesn’t show all the steps

TA’d that i walk out of work feeling stupid everyday :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

When I'm 'coerced' into helping a family member to find something online, then they complain that the mouse is too fast on their computer and they start watching the tv while I display the items they are looking for.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Dramatik wrote: »
    ''what time are you open till?''

This usually means the customer will arrive 1 minute before close and will need a minimum of 20mins time to sort out whatever it is that they want.

Also, "what time are you serving food till?" meaning they'll rock up at exactly last orders and expect a three course meal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭AllForIt

You open the fridge door and leave it open for a few mins, prepare something to eat, you sit down to eat and then you see a house fly buzzing around the place you hadn't noticed before. I hate houseflys more than any other insect including the more scarier looking ones. Vermin they are houseflys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Dreading the thought of very hot weather next week. I don't want to be a killjoy, but I can't eat, sleep and have no energy in very warm weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

madmaggie wrote: »
    Dreading the thought of very hot weather next week. I don't want to be a killjoy, but I can't eat, sleep and have no energy in very warm weather.
    Me too. I personally am ok with it but my kids just melt in hot weather (2 year old is a pure ginger!). At least we're out of London for a week and a half from tomorrow, so we'll miss it getting up to 30 ish next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

image.gif?w=400&c=1

TA my feet are too hot.
    Then I stick them out of the duvet, and after 2 minutes they're too cold.
    Then I tuck them in and they warm up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

New Home wrote: »
    DISCLAIMER: Not calling Cleopatra a cow. I just think they should invent a human version of this.

giphy.gif

Automatic%2BCattle%2BBrush.gif

I have eczema, I would be very interested in one of these.

I am TA that my husband has a little bin on the counter beside the kettle to put his teabags in and HE NEVER FUCKING EMPTIES THE FUCKING THING. Given the hot weather spell we've been enjoying, it attracts flies and I FUCKING HATE FLIES. My husband drinks about 30 cups of tea a day when he's at home so you can imagine how quickly it fills up, overflows and the flies arrive.
    I'm going to throw him and the teabag bin out the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

When someone quotes a post with a large image, and the quoted post is just above, making me scroll extra long just to read your one-liner response..

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

erica74 wrote: »
    I am TA that my husband has a little bin on the counter beside the kettle to put his teabags in and HE NEVER FUCKING EMPTIES THE FUCKING THING. Given the hot weather spell we've been enjoying, it attracts flies and I FUCKING HATE FLIES. My husband drinks about 30 cups of tea a day when he's at home so you can imagine how quickly it fills up, overflows and the flies arrive.
    I'm going to throw him and the teabag bin out the window.

Those teabag bins/plates on kitchen counters are a TA of mine. What’s the point of them?? Just put the used teabag in the bin, FFS, you’re in the kitchen, the bin isn’t going to be miles away. If your husband was in my house I think I might have to kill him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The little cafe around the corner from me has closed down. I had to go to Insomnia for my coffee this morning. €3.65 for a large cappuccino. Absolute ripoff and its not even that nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Cancelled operation 8 days ago via phone (left a voice mail) due to unfortunate development in diabeto complications. TA got a call from hospital early this morning asking why I wasn't there for op. Now I am awake after falling asleep again and need to go out to see public health nurse, I would kill 6 billion people for more sleeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

biko wrote: »
    When someone quotes a post with a large image, and the quoted post is just above, making me scroll extra long just to read your one-liner response..

Oh jesus, was it me? Sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Finished a little baby cardi for twins due soon and one sleeve is bigger than the other ! I must have read the pattern wrong on one of them . Grrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

biko wrote: »
    Or when they quote an essay of a post and all they put underneath is

^^This

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm dodging phone calls in work from someone I don't want to speak to. Every time he rings me and I don't answer, he rings through Reception five minutes later. Every. Time. Dude, it literally could not be more obvious that it's you. Just stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

In M&S at the self checkouts during lunch so it's mental. One very elderly lady with her trolley and a sales assistant on one and a lady who has gone wandering off around the shop looking for something she forgot on the other. FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

In a bid to be more 'social' with my idiot colleagues, I tried to make conversation with one, he regularly boasts about how many gyms his hometown has and its effects on their success in GAA.

So I said that I had read that each gym in his town was now offering pt's as part of taster sessions to I guess boost new memberships.

Him; that would only be in one gym tho':mad:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The gym beside where I work closed down recently.

The TA is that there is some lad that is having a vigil to the gym and is working out outside the gyms closed doors now.
    Kudos for the dedication pal, but I don't want to have to walk around you and your skipping rope to get to where I want to go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Those teabag bins/plates on kitchen counters are a TA of mine. What’s the point of them?? Just put the used teabag in the bin, FFS, you’re in the kitchen, the bin isn’t going to be miles away. If your husband was in my house I think I might have to kill him!

I am showing this post to my wife. She leaves used teabags beside the sink. The bin is under the sink :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hard to criticise someone who is making you tea though..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Summer bug and then your internal lady parts are sore too, like really bloody obnoxiously sore!

Damn you bank of Ireland ATM and visa debit card issues again had to leave dunnes with no shopping imagination lunch for me. Time to suit up for a Joker Bank robbery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I woke up at 5.30 this morning and thought "oh great, still a couple of hours until I have to get up. I'll go back to sleep!" But could I? NO! Instead I chose to stay awake worrying and getting more and more anxious. And time went so unbelievably slowly. I swear it was 5:45 for over twenty minutes! I've been feeling awful all day now. I am trivially annoyed by my stupid brain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,177 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I woke up at 5.30 this morning and thought "oh great, still a couple of hours until I have to get up. I'll go back to sleep!" But could I? NO! Instead I chose to stay awake worrying and getting more and more anxious. And time went so unbelievably slowly. I swear it was 5:45 for over twenty minutes! I've been feeling awful all day now. I am trivially annoyed by my stupid brain!

You mean you didn't fall into the deepest imaginable sleep at 7.20?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

When people unnecessarily add music to videos of incidents, especially those involving animals. Like when you're watching a video of puppies being puppies and someone's put all this sentimental music in the background, it's like "feck off like I want to hear all the yapping" :D

More generally I guess, when you click on a video expecting "raw footage" of something and it's been edited in this kind of way - added music, commentary, slomo, etc. Sometimes that's cool, but a lot of the time you just want to see and hear something exactly as it happened.

This just me being an oddball?

When people unnecessarily add music to videos of incidents, especially those involving animals. Like when you're watching a video of puppies being puppies and someone's put all this sentimental music in the background, it's like "feck off like I want to hear all the yapping" :D

More generally I guess, when you click on a video expecting "raw footage" of something and it's been edited in this kind of way - added music, commentary, slomo, etc. Sometimes that's cool, but a lot of the time you just want to see and hear something exactly as it happened.

No, the music is often very unnecessary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Usually it's some completely obnoxious EDM style song which is either a rip off or remix of some other EDM song that was ****e to begin with.

Desk side!
    Time to suit up for a Joker Bank robbery

Very fitting username as well :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Woke up this morning with a really bad pain in my back. It hurts when I walk, and I've gotta go do a 6 hour shift later. Help me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

waiting for my takeaway coffee to be served to me, standing beside a fairly hot female who is also waiting, in walks another chap, who starts talking to the female, and it soon became apparent that they were co-workers but the female only had a vague idea of who the guy was. What followed was an excruciating awkward conversation with the guy trying to think up any tedious workplace connection to keep the conversation going, but your wan was barely half interested. Morto for him, but I was trivially annoyed at the slowness of the barista resulting in my being caught in the middle of the situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,177 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

People who term anyone who doesn't share their opinion on a given matter as being part of a "brigade"!

Eg. "the anti car brigade"

No it doesn't make your argument stronger.
    It makes you look lazy and stupid and scrabbling to find any sort of argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Expecting tea to brew with...am...no teabag in the mug...for several minutes doh

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Realised how blessed I am to share a house with the man who knows everything. Instruction books, put them in the bin. The man knows it all.

Damn you bank of Ireland ATM and visa debit card issues again had to leave dunnes with no shopping imagination lunch for me. Time to suit up for a Joker Bank robbery

A bank, Dunnes Stores and a robbery. Was that a double tautology or a triple tautology? :pac:

MY TA: It's Google's increasing inability to give strictly localised search results. It's a big gaping hole in the Google search engine, as if Google cannot keep up with the www anymore. I was looking for something local this morning and they fire back websites from Australia to Britain to America that are waste of time search results. These irrelevant search results are much more common now than 5 or 10 years ago. Roll on competition for Google.

Fuaroogle just doesn't sound right... TA bank of ireland had no money to rob I'm still poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭showpony1

People using the plural of ticket incorrectly.

"I got tickets for X concert"

when they mean they got themselves one ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Parents who let their kids become spoilt brats and then come giving out to me when I tell the child off for being a brat in school. Just piss off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Can't get a ticket for Alanis Morrisette at The Marquee... fairly annoyed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement