Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Lists of top 10 restaurants or best places to get a sandwich / lunch etc that DON'T outline the exact street address of the establishment. How difficult is it to include such basic information?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Woke up this morning with a really bad pain in my back. It hurts when I walk, and I've gotta go do a 6 hour shift later. Help me :(

Add some twelve bar blues and you have the first verse of a hit song:D

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

****ty lungs being ****ty :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭gifted

Can't get a ticket for Alanis Morrisette at The Marquee... fairly annoyed

Yeah....it's a bit ironic isn't it?

I'll get my coat lol lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Bearing in mind that it's the tiny repetitive things in life that drive ppl crazy.
    Every single spoken or written communication I had with ppl today I either had to explain or repeat.

Every.Single.One!

I'm not good with the sun, I planned today to do a lot of small jobs away from home before it gets too hot and I can't stand being out in it, I checked the location of the most complicated job before I left the house to discover its not where I thought and no one seemed to know where it was. So I ended up badly dressed for the heat I was running about in and now my back is still sore, I have blisters and sore feet. I think I'm having menopause symptoms in my feet/knees/back/hips, instead of the normal way.

Turning into the uni there was a vote no van parked opposite the main gate wtf,
    Went into a low-cost pharmacy on my travels and discovered a price difference of between 3-8e on things we buy all the time.

In short TAtatata today!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Have a few days off work so go for a pint or two in the regular haunt for the World Cup. The place does a Thursday night and fills up with young ones as the night progresses. It makes me realise that a) girls weren't as beautiful when I was that age and b) I am suddenly that older guy that gawks at them all coming in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Can't get a ticket for Alanis Morrisette at The Marquee... fairly annoyed

Don't you mean 'tickets'?? :p

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

When people unnecessarily add music to videos of incidents, especially those involving animals. Like when you're watching a video of puppies being puppies and someone's put all this sentimental music in the background, it's like "feck off like I want to hear all the yapping" :D

More generally I guess, when you click on a video expecting "raw footage" of something and it's been edited in this kind of way - added music, commentary, slomo, etc. Sometimes that's cool, but a lot of the time you just want to see and hear something exactly as it happened.

This just me being an oddball?

Agreed. I’d also like to add to this websites that autoplay music or videos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Add some twelve bar blues and you have the first verse of a hit song:D

I've a sore wrist too, there's my second verse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Have a few days off work so go for a pint or two in the regular haunt for the World Cup. The place does a Thursday night and fills up with young ones as the night progresses. It makes me realise that a) girls weren't as beautiful when I was that age and b) I am suddenly that older guy that gawks at them all coming in

You probably don't pay attention to this but, do you not think they all look like clones now? Same really bold dark eyebrows, really contoured face, hair similar, dressed quite similar, same colours and styles? When I go out to a pub, which is rare, I look around and think where's the originality?

I was woken up this morning at 4:40 and had to bring the dogs out for a wee, got back into bed and my alarm work me up at 6 and it felt like I was in another dimension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭wildwillow

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Finished a little baby cardi for twins due soon and one sleeve is bigger than the other ! I must have read the pattern wrong on one of them . Grrrr

To avoid this you should knit both sleeves together on the one needle using two balls of wool. I always do sleeves and cardigan fronts this way and at least they match then. Also faster as you half the row counting and consulting the pattern.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Woke up at 6:30 and as soon as I woke up I got a cramp in my calf, jesus christ the pain was unreal, I can still feel it in my calf, you mother f*@###!!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

My NIMBY-inlaws, it's disgraceful

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm starvin.

My friend has been going through a bit of a rough time. I've been ringing her and asking her if she'd like to meet up, letting her know that she doesn't have to go through it alone.

Yesterday I sent a text asking her if she would sign something.
    Me: Would you mind signing blaa blaa. I'd like to get it in by blaa blaa.
    Her: I'm busy with such and such this weekend.

Now I'm no martyr when it comes to helping others out but Jaysus. Hand on heart I would never leave a friend stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

No fucking soya milk in the fucking coffee shop in work again.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm starvin.

I feel your pain. I only have plain bikkies left, and I really need something chocolately-chippy-crunchy-hazelnutty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

LirW wrote:
    My NIMBY-inlaws, it's disgraceful

What does nimby mean?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Not In My Back-Yard.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

New Home wrote: »
    I feel your pain. I only have plain bikkies left, and I really need something chocolately-chippy-crunchy-hazelnutty.

I'd love a plain bikkie now....well about 800 of them.

• Advertisement

With chocolate spread in the middle??

Hey, didn't you have your brekkie this morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

breakfast was more than 3 hours ago.

He probably didn't have porridge or weetabix, so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

New Home wrote:
    Not In My Back-Yard.

Thanks. I'm still none the wiser but sure I know what nimby means now!

It means that people are happy enough for things to happen for the greater good, as long as it doesn't inconvenience them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

When someone is looking for something and they make that sound with their mouth ''tish..tish....tish....tish''

What's annoying about it is that now I've started doing it too.

It's kind of hard to explain but it usually goes like:

Me: hey have you got that thing,

Them: yeah, no problem I'll get it for you now

Then as they are looking for it they will make this ''tish..tish....tish....tish'' sound.

Them: Ahh here it is

Me: thanks

Different people have different sounding ones for instance some people click their tongue off the roof of their mouth. Don't why but it just annoys me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,177 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Bredabe wrote: »
    Bearing in mind that it's the tiny repetitive things in life that drive ppl crazy.
    Every single spoken or written communication I had with ppl today I either had to explain or repeat.

Every.Single.One!
    !

I can't say that this surprises me.
    I genuinely have no idea what half of you posts are about.

I did...well, my female offspring ate some of it. She actually ate most of it.
    Plus I cycled to work and shaved a few minutes off my personal best time getting in here.

Is there such a thing as mint chocolate spread?

Make your own by melting mint chocolate in the microwave, or even better over a hot mug of tea/coffee. Yes, I AM a genius.

• Advertisement

The effort

Then you deserve to stay hungry! :mad:

Ever heard of delegating, hmmm? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

After not sleeping that well last night, I was woken up 3 times this morning :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

What the everloving **** were they thinking when they commissioned that Saorview Advert!?!?!?

It's beyond awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

People who use shops as day care centers for their children.

'now you go in there while mummy and daddy look for something next door'

2mins later kid or kids are tearing the shop apart chasing each other around, knocking into shelves etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

wildwillow wrote: »
    To avoid this you should knit both sleeves together on the one needle using two balls of wool. I always do sleeves and cardigan fronts this way and at least they match then. Also faster as you half the row counting and consulting the pattern.

Thank you !! A great idea for next time !

• Advertisement

I found out it's likely that I have a disease with a 1 in 1 million prevalence, and the only cure is a bone marrow transplant. No thanks FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I can't say that this surprises me.
    I genuinely have no idea what half of you posts are about.

That's a shame, you are missing out on some good real life stuff.

New TA, the cost of good, 'old lady shoes'!
    Ta2, after all my plans, still not seen the first of my planned binge watch of 'Salamander'

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Tired. Just want sleep... Never get enough sleep zzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

When people unnecessarily add music to videos of incidents, especially those involving animals. Like when you're watching a video of puppies being puppies and someone's put all this sentimental music in the background, it's like "feck off like I want to hear all the yapping" :D

More generally I guess, when you click on a video expecting "raw footage" of something and it's been edited in this kind of way - added music, commentary, slomo, etc. Sometimes that's cool, but a lot of the time you just want to see and hear something exactly as it happened.

This just me being an oddball?
    Tiger Funny Productions are the worst for this on YouTube. They have the best animal compilation videos but I've stopped watching them because they always play some good awful fast paced piano sh!te music over it and ruins the whole thing. I've tried watching them on mute but it's no good. Why can't they let the animals be the star of the video? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I keep hearing an ad on the radio for a musical about an interracial couple in Ireland. It's a love story between a naive young one from Kerry who falls in love with a lad in Dublin from the wrong side of the tracks :rolleyes: What's the name of this epic love story? Copper Face Jacks :rolleyes::rolleyes: Feck off with that sh!te.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Blaas4life

I found out it's likely that I have a disease with a 1 in 1 million prevalence, and the only cure is a bone marrow transplant. No thanks FFS

I wish you best of luck...a best mate of mine got bone marrow transplant years ago....it's a long stretch in hospital

I hope you can get a suitable match asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

A friend of mine said about a month ago he'd send me on a few games I wanted to play

Asked 2 weeks ago what the story was, he said he just forgot about them and would send them on

Dunno how to ask again without sounding mean :o I be talking to him every couple days but its awkward to ask again even though I'm dying to play them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

Ya go to the all the trouble of getting ready to go do stuff, then.... the tummy... "Houston, we have a problem."

When neighbours knock on your front door to introduce themselves and welcome you to the area. Now, this is unquestionably lovely (OK, some of the feckers are curious to see what you have but less of that cynicism) and it doesn't happen in every culture - I lived in Scandinavia in the 90s and even family members rang each other to arrange to visit; you didn't arrive unannounced - and the neighbour in question was absolutely lovely and we both talked for Ireland and knew loads of the same people (it's never a proper conversation with another Irish person unless you know at least one person mutually!). Then she left and I realised all the work I have to do that those three hours stole on me. Feck.

I think I'll put a 'Visiting Hours for General Chitchat' timetable/sign on the front door of the house. :p

Blaas4life wrote: »
    I wish you best of luck...a best mate of mine got bone marrow transplant years ago....it's a long stretch in hospital

I hope you can get a suitable match asap

I've decided against getting the transplant, it's too risky to justify as this isn't life threatening, just life limiting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Targeted advertising. Finished up in a job last Friday. Have spent the last week trying to drink the place out of my head but it keeps appearing on the ads on Facebook, boards, everywhere I look!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Boards isn't working for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

When I get mistaken for Chore Sex guy when I come back under a different name :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My appetite is gone, and it's not even that hot. Can't swallow food, it makes me feel sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TA I ran out of spoons way too early today. With the beautiful weather and my holidays abroad approaching I really wanted to make the most of the day.

I used my spoons well in fairness and did a good few important jobs, but not enough for what I had in mind.

I have to stop and rest after each job, it's just a dose.

For those who may not be familiar with the spoon theory : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoon_theory
    https://butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/

'tis a bit American, that theory, but on days like today when my output doesn't match my expectations, it just fits.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement