Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I got carried away with the salty bits at the end of a bag of sea salt pretzels and now I feel green :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Instagram hasn't been working properly since they added that new feature:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I've decided against getting the transplant, it's too risky to justify as this isn't life threatening, just life limiting :)

I'm really sorry to hear you've gotten that blow. Give yourself some time to digest the news. I know it's little consolation but at least you'll get proper care now that you know what you have. It's ok to take some time to grieve for the future you thought you'd have, but hopefully your new normal won't be all that different. Thinking of you.

Stress has killed my appetite for the last few weeks but I sat down an hour ago and ate a light meal, and now I feel very, very, sick. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I feel a headache brewing.

Candie wrote: »
    Stress has killed my appetite for the last few weeks but I sat down an hour ago and ate a light meal, and now I feel very, very, sick. :(
    I've decided against getting the transplant, it's too risky to justify as this isn't life threatening, just life limiting :)

Both of look after yourselves!

I feel a headache brewing.

Both of look after yourselves!

Only if you look after that headache! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

back to work after a week & half off in the morning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Candie wrote: »
    Only if you look after that headache! :)

Ok...........but only if you make us a cup of tea :D :pac:.

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    back to work after a week & half off in the morning.

The horror of it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Yes please!

I'd love to make you a cuppa sephers

Too kind :pac:

Only if you're a Barrys man, if you're a Lyons man you can make your own, headache or no headache. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

School tour tomorrow. The thoughts of keeping my class of 7 year olds happy on a bus in the heat is terrifying!!

Also TA'd at how slow this tan takes to dry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Sheets slipping off the mattress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

branie2 wrote: »
    Sheets slipping off the mattress.

This really bugs me too. I have a topper which the sheet can't seem to get over and keeps coming off. So frustrating.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Memory foam toppers are THE. BEST. (to sleep on), and THE. WORST!! (for slipping off the mattress). I must invest in one of those non-slip mats myself, see if it makes a difference.

Uuurrgghh, work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Phone Zombies. Some people can't go 2 minutes these days without checking their phone. Talking to someone and they take out their phone, so rude.
    Unannounced house callers, send a text for fcuk sake, this isn't 1985.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Sunburnt feet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

People using GDPR, in the wrong context, about everything, all of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Middle of the day yes, I was hit hard with bladder infection symptoms tata, it is responding to the home remedy, but I'll not be able to keep that up once I'm off desk duty.

Don't want to go back to the dr as 1. I hate antibiotics and only off the last set for my chest, 2. Since this new dr stated at the practice, I've been there more than any other time in my life. I cant face knowing he's thinking I'm attention seeking or stalking him.

My 'on his feet all the time' boysib asked me to find shoes for him, I found a slightly expensive pair which is tailor-made for active feet and more nb, have the types of fastenings he likes, so off he goes and buys a cheaper pair locally that will fall apart with wear and tear in a month! esp ta about that is that when im in the same place he is, im dragged to everything thing he does outside of work but this he does on his own

Skyping with o/h yes(tks Ryanair) and I tell him Im fed up of being sick and want life to change, he says 'cheer up, nothing in life is permanent', yup! cause employers are suddenly going to be age tolerant, jobs pay enough to rent a nice place and rental rules will change to make this possible and so on. I think the London sunshine is melting his brain.:mad::(:(:rolleyes::rolleyes:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Other threads that spring up that are basically existing threads with a different title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Can't buy any brand A4 photo paper in the Square Tallaght.
    Even Easons no joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

People using GDPR, in the wrong context, about everything, all of the time.
    Such beings just want an excuse to "play the GDPR card".

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    Such beings just want an excuse to "play the GDPR card".

It’s getting to the stage where I just have to look at someone in a weird way and I’m being accused of breaching their GDPR.
    Even worse are the ones whose email just entails “GDPR!!!!”
    And what? Piss off.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It’s getting to the stage where I just have to look at someone in a weird way and I’m being accused of breaching their GDPR.
    Even worse are the ones whose email just entails “GDPR!!!!”
    And what? Piss off.

Just respond and say Y2K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    Can't buy any brand A4 photo paper in the Square Tallaght.
    Even Easons no joy.

I usually pick paper up in Tesco/F&F there.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Are Y2K Hun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Really upset them with YaKidK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

can't enjoy the sunshine in my back garden without the poxy neighbor sticking her head over the wall for a chat. GO AWAY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

mikemac2 wrote: »
    In a job for a little over two months. There are some staff here over 10 years

I have a stack of processes to know and no procedures exist. So I wrote it myself as best I can over 100 pages. Easy to read , loads of screenshots. I asked why no procedures and got a “always been that way” fob off

If I ask a question I get a “You were shown before” or “Read the checklist” which sure it exists but it doesn’t show all the steps

TA’d that i walk out of work feeling stupid everyday :(

I've never worked anywhere that's not like this, so have always assumed it was normal and those who are not frustrated by it have just accepted it as one of the foibles of the ****ness that is office work

Are Y2K Hun?

Do you even Y2k bro?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Just tell them to FOI! :pac:

Big, sweaty inelegant head on me anyway in the heat, but am now sitting watching the weekly swimming lesson. Gonna melt into a puddle :(

I have to cook dinner but this heat leaves me with no appetite and no desire to cook. Someone come and cook for me please!

KatW4 wrote: »
    I have to cook dinner but this heat leaves me with no appetite and no desire to cook. Someone come and cook for me please!

I've a decent cycle ahead of me this evening, I'm pretty sure I'll be cooked by the time I get home. :pac:

Ta'd this heat is making me sleepy zzzzzzzzzz

Fajitas ok?

Fajitas ok?

Yes <3 sounds delish!

• Advertisement

Yes <3 sounds delish!

Yes , indeed, all round to Seph's so :)
    The heat, I am dying in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    can't enjoy the sunshine in my back garden without the poxy neighbor sticking her head over the wall for a chat. GO AWAY.
    Start sun bathing naked :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I've probably said it before, but some Irish women clearly feel the same way about their black tights as Charlton Heston feels about his guns. The hottest weather we've had in 40 years and people are still going around in their 70 deniers. The mind boggles, it really does.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Me: Can I have a box of (commercial brand antihistamine which actually works)
    Chemist: I have (generic brand antihistamine) it's the same stuff only cheaper.
    Me: Great, I'll take it.

I'm now drowning in my own mucus.

Just give me what I ask for in future please.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Silly people who keep telling me 'it's very warm, isn't it' :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

The bearded ballbag who walked out on front the bus this evening. Didn't even look.

It won't be long before he wins his Darwin Award.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Sometimes when I go to hit the latest post button, I hit on the op's name instead so it probably looks like I am stalking them :o

My landlord has a great enclosed back garden that none of the neighbours can see into. He told me yesterday that I could go in today if I wanted while he was at work. Of course it's hot af out but so overcast :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Sometimes when I go to hit the latest post button, I hit on the op's name instead so it probably looks like I am stalking them :oes:

I do that all the time , so mortifying

tomwaits48 wrote: »

There's a woman who uses the sauna at the pool and she tries to strike up a conversation with everybody in there. We are there to relax in the hot peaceful serenity, shutthefuckup!!!

1. Adults who attend a meeting/talk and decide to have chats with each other while you're trying to listen to the speaker in a meeting. It's bad breeding on so many levels.

2. Businesses and state organisations playing (shíte) music and having tvs blaring on their premises. In 2018 we can all throw on our headphones and listen to and watch what we want, thank you very much for imposing your preferred noise on us just the same. Personally, though, I usually prefer silence/peace.

I look forward to the time - in 50 years? - this imposed consumerism everywhere in society gets branded as brainwashing. Out of the frying pan of religious fundamentalism into the fire of consumerist fundamentalism. Progress my arse.

I have to cook dinner but this heat leaves me with no appetite and no desire to cook.

I wish the heat junkies would feck off to Costa del Knackeragua and give me back my rain. For starters, watering all these trees and flowers every day is a pain (they didn't tell me that when I bought them all!). Ireland was doing fine before this so-called "good weather" nonsense started...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement