Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I wish the heat junkies would feck off to Costa del Knackeragua and give me back my rain. For starters, watering all these trees and flowers every day is a pain (they didn't tell me that when I bought them all!). Ireland was doing fine before this so-called "good weather" nonsense started...

^^^
    c8ff961628c687dabc37fbcb43fb1a76.jpg

:pac:

Mise: "Excuse me, do you know how I could turn on the air conditioning in my room?"
    The Receptionist (with a smile): "Sorry, we don't have air conditioning in the hotel; it's not an Irish thing" (very nervous laugh).
    Mise (inner voice): Perhaps you could ditch the uht milk from about 1984, the cups and saucers from about 1860 and the kettle from 1986 and invest in it? (Outer voice): "No problem, thanks."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Got a packet of Fruit Gums in Aldi today and they're not as nice as the actual ones. They're grand and I'll still eat them, but no rival for the real ones :(

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Chev_Chelios

Coldsores. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Uugghhh the trauma! Forgot my Boards Password!! Generally we are spoilt by being able to stay logged into things! Even though I think Websites still log you out now and again to possibly make ya do a fresh log in or whatever I don't know.... But anyways, went to log in to Boards an hour ago, to be met with a dreaded blank box!! Couldn't for the life of me remember my Password! And then I couldn't remember my Email Address 'cos I have a million emails. :pac::o:rolleyes::rolleyes: Typing in first letter didn't bring up any previous emails that I might have used to log in lately possibly because I never log out and stay logged in 24/7! :o Logged out on Phone too so that didn't help. But thankfully, thankfully I could see email address when I went to log in on Phone. I'd never have remembered that Email! Would have had to register all over again! Such drama!

It's annoying too that Boards doesn't say if an Email address is registered or not! I tried 3/4 Email Addresses and it just gave an auto-message that email resetting link would be sent to that Email address. But it actually wasn't because I registered with a different Email. It'd be handy to say this Email Address is not registered on this Site or something instead 'cos I could be left waiting for reset link on an email address that there would be no reset link being sent to!! Anyway. Drama over now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Just realised after years of living beside her who my neighbour's TA laugh reminds me of. Woody fcukin Woodpecker.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd i ate all the Hagen daz ice cream :-/

People using GDPR, in the wrong context, about everything, all of the time.
    It's gonna get old fast. Dropped in a Form somewhere the other day, he printed it out off my Memory Stick and saved it. Had to go back again another day about something else.

Dweeb-head: Oh you never sorted out that Form the last time you were here did ya?
    Me: a-la-smoky-ears-and-flared-nostrils: Excuse me, I gave it to you on my Memory Stick the last day I was here and we went through it on your Laptop.
    D-h: *shuffles around on Computer for 30 seconds.* Oh yeah yeah I have it here now. Ya know how it is. Can't save anything anymore with all these new rules!
    Me: .

Such an a$$-hat. If I didn't speak or just passively-agreed with him, he wouldn't have bothered checking if he had the thing on his Computer and I'd have to go and download and do out the shtupid Form again. That's actually making me really angry now. 'Cos it's gonna be used as a great excuse for a lot more.

What I came here to say! - Buzz-words. When someone spear-heads something. Ugh. Vomit. Go and die.

Also. Period in Humidity. :( Bleeding should be made an exception for when Temperatures reach a certain level! Can still experience Period if we absolutely have to. The Dis-comfort, Mood-swings, Period-Cramps. But, having to put up with the bleeding in this heat should be banned. Cramps are actually pretty bad too today. :( Wonder if the heat is any reason why they are bad as I rarely experience Cramps. Owww. They are bad. :(

If a nice-Boyfriend-y-type would like to bring me some Ice-Pops I wouldn't argue or complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

People are my trivial annoyance today! People who ask questions incessantly, people who don't have the manners to say a simple please or thank you, people who ask me a question about myself and don't seem to care about my answer, people who rudely grab items off shelves right in front of my face instead of waiting five seconds for me to pick up the item I want and move on, so many annoying people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Somehow I have managed to develop a cold. In a heatwave. FML

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Poochie05 wrote: »

My sinuses are really playing up and I don't know if I can actually directly blame the heat?
    Either way it's annoying to be shoving decongestants down my throat while everyone is posting pictures of themselves in shorts eating 99s!!

Also, it's 22 degrees at 10:00pm. How on Earth am I supposed to sleep in this? Loved it during the day but.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Ta'd i ate all the Hagen daz ice cream :-/

And didn't share.....

My TA is that I have to iron EVERYTHING these days. It's so annoying. I love my summery clothes but they're such hard work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

TG1 wrote: »
    Also, it's 22 degrees at 10:00pm. How on Earth am I supposed to sleep in this? Loved it during the day but.....

that's why I'm thankful for my cold north facing sitting room . . . where I have been sleeping on a camp bed on the floor for the last week. dog is happier too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Slightly TA'd that I have work at 8am tomorrow. Although I'm only in for 4 hours so I'll get to enjoy the sun at least :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Poochie05 wrote: »

#metoo

What's weird about this for me is I hardly ever get a cold but since the last heatwave I developed one. Just a runny nose noting too serious. Viruses move in mysterious ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I've probably said it before, but some Irish women clearly feel the same way about their black tights as Charlton Heston feels about his guns. The hottest weather we've had in 40 years and people are still going around in their 70 deniers. The mind boggles, it really does.

Hottest in 40 years? Monday’s temperatures were far from record-breaking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

People who swing their arms wildly when walking.

Why?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

_Dara_ wrote: »

Too young to remember 1995, prob'ly. ;)
    Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    People who swing their arms wildly when walking.

Why?

Because they think they can walk and work on their arms at the same time? Because they're trying to fan their bodies 'cause they're too hot? Because they like to get into the swing of things? :pac:

Go figure, weirdos!

My TA - people who answer rethorical questions. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

At the photocopier, person next in the queue to use it says "oh I had terrible bother with it yesterday evening, hopefully it's working again", I started to use it and it became apparent it's not working again so I said to the person "I presume you've already called in the fault?", he looked at me like I had 10 heads and said "no I didn't". WHY THE FUCK CAN PEOPLE NOT LOOK AFTER THINGS LIKE THIS??? :mad: Every office I've ever worked in, there has always been people who walk away from broken office equipment and expect someone else to sort the problem:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 elesquir

When Lidl/Aldi open up another checkout and people from the end of your line, who've been queuing the least amount of time, dash over and get served first. That's grand, I'll just stay here. Forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

erica74 wrote: »
    At the photocopier, person next in the queue to use it says "oh I had terrible bother with it yesterday evening, hopefully it's working again", I started to use it and it became apparent it's not working again so I said to the person "I presume you've already called in the fault?", he looked at me like I had 10 heads and said "no I didn't". WHY THE FUCK CAN PEOPLE NOT LOOK AFTER THINGS LIKE THIS??? :MAD: Every office I've ever worked in, there has always been people who walk away from broken office equipment and expect someone else to sort the problem:mad:

I have to admit I'm one of those people ..😱..very annoying I know but those new ones should be f**ked out the window and bring back the old reliable ones...check tray 2..no paper in tray 4..A4 paper something something..drives me insane,constantly demanding attention..I don't have the patience for it..sorry,bad I know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Loud shouty people shouting the house down.

New Home wrote: »
    Too young to remember 1995, prob'ly. ;)

I remember it, I was 9, One of the best fun filled summers I ever had, it was a scorcher!

KatW4 wrote: »
    And didn't share.....

But I left a bowl out for you :( obviously someone took it hmmm :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I've been out of work for about a month and just started back today. (Firstly, I collapsed due to a viral infection in my kidneys, which caused my blood pressure to drop. I felt dizzy, steadied myself against storage racking but I must have blacked out and let go. The next I feel is a big clunk of my head of the ground, having fallen backwards like a felled tree (and I'm hefty 6'5"). So that was 5 days in hospital and then recovery at home.

Just as the recovery period finished, I was scheduled to get an ingrown toenail removed, so a bit more recovery (and I'm still getting it dressed).

Anyway, the trivial annoyance is returning to find about unread 800 e-mails. Really annoys me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

_Dara_ wrote: »

My abject apologies. I should clearly have said "The beginning of the most prolonged period of hot weather which is set to include the hottest temperatures we've had in 40 years", because my general point obviously doesn't stand otherwise :rolleyes:
    Too young to remember 1995, prob'ly.

I wish!

Today's TA, and it's a first world one if ever: there were no clementines in our free fruit delivery to the office.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

I'm in work and I'm tired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Dial Hard wrote: »
    My abject apologies. I should clearly have said "The beginning of the most prolonged period of hot weather which is set to include the hottest temperatures we've had in 40 years", because my general point obviously doesn't stand otherwise :rolleyes:

But yesterday (the day to which you referred) wasn’t record-breaking or even close, so it’s relevant to mention that. People were wearing trousers and jeans yesterday. I don’t see why tights would be singled out. Many people won’t go to work bare-legged. And if you’re from a hotter country, yesterday’s temperatures probably didn’t even feel that warm.

But the rolly eyes have been deployed. I’m chastened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Got a new telly for use in the kitchen, have it set up and working but caused a few TAs

Worst was I hit my forehead on a corner of an overhead press and drew blood while connecting cables grrr

Maybe it's not a new thing but the power comes from an adapter like a laptop - unnecessary clutter instead of a simple lead into the back and it's annoying me.

It's kind of a TA that a 32" is considered a small telly nowadays (I was worried about it being too big but it's grand)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

No air conditioning in the brand-new loaner car I have while my 11-year-old fossil with its blessedly icy blasts is in having the brake pads changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Driving behind someone for ages who speeds up and slows down for no apparent reason

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

The back of my knees are sweaty. It's horrible!!!

A fly managed to get into the house... I can hear it but can't find it to remove it....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Filling in details on an online form - "must contain maximum 17 characters". But my name has more than 17 characters!

The heat is getting to me. And when I went to reapply deodorant in work I only had enough for one underarm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Filling in details on an online form - "must contain maximum 17 characters". But my name has more than 17 characters!

This you Rosie ? :D

original?width=630&version=3840919

Seven Worlds will Collide

I know someone whose surname has 13 letters, and someone else whose surname has 15. And someone whose first name had 12 letters. Not too unusual, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

The battle to get a superking cover on the duvet..took a few attempts and when it was eventually on and buttoned up there was a spare button so had to start again..felt like f*ing the whole thing out the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

The heat

Oh god the heat

And now next doors dog is in heat

So the fukker is up whining and barking at 6.30am every morning. And I sleep with the window open cos of the heat

Oh god I'm so goddam sweaty.

I'm meeeeeeelllllllllllting

I've just dug out my Fan and the effing thing is effing effed. :mad: It stays going for a minute and stops then. See this is what I need a Boyfriend for. :( I wouldn't go at it myself but I'd hazard a guess it doesn't need much other than taking a Screwdriver to it 'cos it half-works it is just falling apart and needs to be put back together again! Any nice fella in Galway out there into D.I.Y. like to try fix Fan for me?!? :P:pac::D

Or I could just try find Tenner from nowhere and buy a new one. Dear God it's loud though!! It sounds like an Airplane crashing for feic sake! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TA that the actor that plays Tom Selleck's character's father on Blue Bloods is only 5 years older than Tom Selleck in real life.

• Advertisement

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    TA that the actor that plays Tom Selleck's character's father on Blue Bloods is only 5 years older than Tom Selleck in real life.

0_O

I've just dug out my Fan and the effing thing is effing effed. :mad: It stays going for a minute and stops then. See this is what I need a Boyfriend for. :( I wouldn't go at it myself but I'd hazard a guess it doesn't need much other than taking a Screwdriver to it 'cos it half-works it is just falling apart and needs to be put back together again! Any nice fella in Galway out there into D.I.Y. like to try fix Fan for me?!? :P:pac::D

Or I could just try find Tenner from nowhere and buy a new one. Dear God it's loud though!! It sounds like an Airplane crashing for feic sake! :D:D:D

The blades are probably hitting the frame somewhere. What you need is either http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=116 or https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I know someone whose surname has 13 letters, and someone else whose surname has 15. And someone whose first name had 12 letters. Not too unusual, I'd say.

Damn I want an obscure name still a freak by any other name would still be freaky.

What's the Irish for Freaky McFreakson?

Feckin' heat. Staying in a hotel with big long empty corridors that have me humming the theme tune for The Shining. Baby unsettled in travel cot. Won't sleep in new environment. 3-year-old therefore won't sleep. Ah "holidays", get a room with this hot weather and feck off.

All genuine holidays henceforth will be at home, with day trips to open farms, fun centres, forests and the back garden.

The blades are probably hitting the frame somewhere. What you need is either http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=116 or https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1018.

Hehe. Have visions of New Home as McGyver!

That's Ms MacGyver to you, Fuaranach. *Swoons thinking about Richard Dean Anderson back in the day.*

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

It's lovely that I can sit outside after work and enjoy the lovely evenings, except that it feels like I brought in half the population of insects in my hair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

New Home wrote:

An Teach Nua I think, but then again my Irish is a bit rusty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Robbingbandit but then you already knew that didn't you........

Really though I see myself as more of a cluster duck than a freak, freak sometimes just isn't a mean enough adjective to really emphasise the situation.

TA Dettol need to come up with a deodorant for some of the creatures walking the streets the past two days water isn't just wet people it will also stop you smelling of ass and not the good kind neither

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement