Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,250 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Steak. I love it.

But pisses me off when its over cooked, ruins the flavours and taste.

I, too, love a rare steak.
    What's your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

erica74 wrote: »
    People who stand chatting at the little milk and sugar station that most coffee shops have. "Excuse me", "sorry, can I just reach over there", "Excuse me" and then I got really annoyed and said "lads, could you have your chat somewhere else?" and they all looked at me like I had just said I was going to murder them.
    One of these muppets had left something behind them at the till just before this and when I spotted it and handed it over to him, he didn't even say thank you.

The world better just sit over there today.

Definitely a TA of mine.
    KatW4 wrote: »
    I had almost the exact TA this morning but forgot to come here to write about it. It's so irritating.

Also those idiots who stroll around the shop taking up all the room, completely oblivious to the other shoppers trying to get around.

Yes.

Plus walking around on a phone as though they are at home or in their own private office. It's a shop, there are people here who y'know want to buy things, and have zero interest in hearing you yelling into a phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I, too, love a rare steak.
    What's your point?

???

annoyed when it gets ruined

???

annoyed when it gets ruined

what has my annoyance at people going on about vegans got to do with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

To my housemate who puts dirty dishes into the dishwasher that is clearly just finished a cycle.

It clicked when you opened it. Steam came out of the fecking door. Yet you plopped your buttery knife and plate into it, without a bother, and walked away.

Are you actually well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Winter tourists.
    Millions of them with their hardshell cases on a BE bus yesterday, complaining how cold and cramped the bus was and how long they had to wait for it. After they waited all that time in the shelter that was.........less than 2 feet from a TAXI office.

Refusing to put said cases in the luggage as there wasn't someone to do it for them, so everyone had to risk life and limb to get around the cases now taking up all the aisle space.

My personal fav as I squished into a window seat trying not to go full on bruce banner, was told that it was a "lovely day", mmm if you like your days grey and wet, the look on your one's face when I ask her to let me out x3. She looked shocked that she was expected to move herself, her case and millions of bits of hand luggage to let a paying customer OFF. Maybe part of their hotel package was that no one gets off the bus until after their stop?

TA, did I mention I have limited patience with winter tourists!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Do we still have to put TA/ta on with the new title?

upset that Wrigley's have discontinued my favorite mints - Extra Mints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Posting this as a placeholder - I am off to liffey valley and bound to have a bunch of stuff on my tits when I get back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Des ‘Dessie’ Cahill sniffing and snorting on the radio. Blow your nose man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

In town with the OH for a bit of shopping.

Decided to go into Bewleys on Grafton St. for a coffee & snack, a chance to see it since it’s been done up etc...

In a queue for a table, and after about 10 minutes, we were brought around a little corner where we were put in another queue 3 times as big as the first queue!!

F***
    THAT.

BoBandy was not impressed!!

what has my annoyance at people going on about vegans got to do with that?

Eat steak, calm down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Eat steak, calm down.

I suspect that is in fact what the posters getting wound up about others not eating meat ought to be told.
    I might try that in the next vegan-bashing thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

In town with the OH for a bit of shopping.

Decided to go into Bewleys on Grafton St. for a coffee & snack, a chance to see it since it’s been done up etc...

In a queue for a table, and after about 10 minutes, we were brought around a little corner where we were put in another queue 3 times as big as the first queue!!

F***
    THAT.

BoBandy was not impressed!!

The coffee is putrid in there anyway. Went right through me. Was on the throne upstairs within 5 minutes of drinking it.

Shenshen wrote: »
    I suspect that is in fact what the posters getting wound up about others not eating meat ought to be told.
    I might try that in the next vegan-bashing thread.

I look forward to your contribution

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

People who sit with their noses in their phone while someone is trying to speak to them. It's the height of ignorance.

People who sit with their noses in their phone while someone is trying to speak to them. It's the height of ignorance.

Having lunch with someone recently when her phone rang as I was in mid sentence, she cut me off holding up one finger in my face to silence me, answered her phone and chatted to her OH for five minutes while I sat there like a fool. It was just chit chat too, nothing urgent or important. Then she hangs up and tells me to go on.

She got very defensive when I said I forgot what I'd been saying, as though I was trying to make a point that showed her in a bad light. Which I was, to be fair.

TA at peoples bad manners and lack of phone etiquette.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

People who give incorrect information.

Don't answer the question unless you know for an absolute fact. Grrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Candie wrote: »
    Having lunch with someone recently when her phone rang as I was in mid sentence, she cut me off holding up one finger in my face to silence me, answered her phone and chatted to her OH for five minutes while I sat there like a fool. It was just chit chat too, nothing urgent or important. Then she hangs up and tells me to go on.

She got very defensive when I said I forgot what I'd been saying, as though I was trying to make a point that showed her in a bad light. Which I was, to be fair.

This actually reminded me of a related TA of mine.
    My husband and I were having breakfast this morning and when we sat down, we both took out our phones - my husband was checking if he had received an email he was expecting and I was checking the opening times of a restaurant we're planning to go to next weekend. We were chatting away to each other and I turned my phone to him to show him something on the menu of the other restaurant so we certainly looked like we were engaged with each other. Next thing, this absolute WAGON walks by and says "ah can you not put your phones away for 5 minutes and just live in the moment". I LOST MY FUCKING COOL, BIG TIME.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Unless you own the road, they have as much right to use that space as anyone else.

As another poster said, it's not about owning the road, it's consideration for other people using it. They have 3 parking spaces yet leave vehicles on the road just before a corner which causes hassle for anyone using the road, especially for those opposite trying to get in and out of their own drives.
    My next ta will be the smell of burning cars coming into my home. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Reminds me of:

tumblr_m9mtysSiXr1r6gewvo5_250.gif

quickbeam wrote: »
    Reminds me of:

tumblr_m9mtysSiXr1r6gewvo5_250.gif

Close, though held her index finger right into my face while picking up and looking at her phone. Not even an excuse me or do you mind!

It does make you more careful about your own phone use in company though. Not that I've ever been that rude or arrogant that I'd silence someone that way and leave them sitting while I turn in my seat and chat nonsense while they wait for permission to continue!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Close, though held her index finger right into my face while picking up and looking at her phone. Not even an excuse me or do you mind!

It does make you more careful about your own phone use in company though. Not that I've ever been that rude or arrogant that I'd silence someone that way and leave them sitting while I turn in my seat and chat nonsense while they wait for permission to continue!

Candie, fair play for having the self-restraint not to snap her index in two!

Watching a young charge on her sm account going on and on about a throwaway remark made as part of a much more serious and long conversation, having absol NO CLUE and no care how stupid she is making herself look. Her idiot friends backing her up at every turn.

She is so careful of her online image that she could take 100+ photo's before she posts 1, but on and on she goes exhibiting her ignorance and thinking she is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I ate a whole packet of Jaffa Cakes and now I feel very sick. Damn my greediness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Trying to pick out bedroom furniture for somewhere I hope not to stay too long but I still want it to be decent enough. Also 28 day delivery times on such items. Living out of boxes = no fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

When some of your friends are in Hopeless Day - cringe #repealthe8th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Was in Tesco nearly finished my shopping when the fire alarm went off and everyone was told to leave the shop and we weren't allowed back in. Grumble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Was in Tesco nearly finished my shopping when the fire alarm went off and everyone was told to leave the shop and we weren't allowed back in. Grumble.

That's annoying me even thinking about it! Im not in the mood to do the food shopping tomorrow.

Was supposed to get myself a nice outfit for a party coming up but couldnt see anything i liked so i hate shopping in general today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

The most common experience I have with these rude suddenly-my-phone-is-more-interesting-than-you folks is that no warning is given, just the phone popped out of the pocket and suddenly they're scrolling through their social media or reading an email or responding to a text whilst I'm standing there like a pleb wondering if I should just keep talking or what?

I've taken to saying, "right, I'll catch you later then" and walking away because I just cannot fathom how we're letting this phone behaviour be socially acceptable in a modern, civilised society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

First world problem but I'm having a hot whiskey with tullamore dew and it's just not as nice as Jameson. I have green spot there but that seems like a waste.

New Home wrote: »
    Candie, fair play for having the self-restraint not to snap her index in two!
    Bambi985 wrote: »
    The most common experience I have with these rude suddenly-my-phone-is-more-interesting-than-you folks is that no warning is given, just the phone popped out of the pocket and suddenly they're scrolling through their social media or reading an email or responding to a text whilst I'm standing there like a pleb wondering if I should just keep talking or what?

I've taken to saying, "right, I'll catch you later then" and walking away because I just cannot fathom how we're letting this phone behaviour be socially acceptable in a modern, civilised society.

Would you believe the woman who gave me the shut up finger (I nearly typed the woman who fingered me :eek::eek:) was having lunch with me to discuss working together on something? Who in their right mind would volunteer to collaborate with someone who behaves in such an arrogant way? The thing I don't understand is that she had more to gain from a collaboration than I did, so you'd expect her to put some effort into trying to give a good impression.

TA I'm sick of people lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Overly attentive retail workers. One guy (invariably an earnestly bearded and student looking type) in the local off licence always hovers around you recommendeding beers when you're in a hurry, want to choose stuff and don't really need advice.

I posted my ta before about a neighbours inconsiderate parking, it's reached a new level of annoying now. They were bed ridden with flu so before becoming housebound they left the car out on the road making getting in and out of other people's drives a pain.
    Now their oh is sick so that car is left on the road.

Space in the drives for 2 cars. Just leave the bloody car in the drive and stop pissing people off by blocking the road.

Hate this as well.

A car has taken to double parking on the street out of our estate when I'm leaving in the morning. They must be waiting to collect somebody or drop off. They're *right* on a blind bend and if another car comes round too fast when you're overtaking, you'll be fcuked.

Got out of my car one morning and asked them (reasonably enough) could they not see how dangerous it was and they actually shrugged in that bewildered way as if they were being asked to read something in a foreign language.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,273 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Agreed, but I've another -

People who continue to talk when your clearly trying to show your disintrest, either by doing something or using your phone, the one thats always harping on about a story that never endssssssss and you can't explicitly tell them to be quiet. One person in particular comes to mind, that knows you don't want to listen but will continue to tell you anyway!

• Advertisement

First world problem but I'm having a hot whiskey with tullamore dew and it's just not as nice as Jameson. I have green spot there but that seems like a waste.

I ordered a steak sandwich for lunch the other day, and asked for it medium rare.

Comes out, and the waitress goes "medium well", which immediately annoyed me. The fact that the steak was so thin, that it literally made zero difference either way, didn't even help with the immediate irritation - logic be damned.

Then I started laughing at myself for how utterly privileged we are for the fact that that sort of entitlement is even plausible. Mentioned it to my work colleagues who were lunchin' with me and had the piss taken out of me for the next 20 minutes for being so precious :D

Couldn't be more first world problem there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

My best mate never cleans up after himself in my house such a TA, literally leaves plates, cans, bottles etc lying there.

My best mate never cleans up after himself in my house such a TA, literally leaves plates, cans, bottles etc lying there.

Start a whatsapp group with him and all your other mates and start posting pictures of his carnage into the group to shame him. You can call it, "The Adventures of Paul".

Although probably sub his name in for Paul, unless of course he is a Paul. It's up to you though.

Gather it all up and leave it on his bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

When some of your friends are in Hopeless Day - cringe #repealthe8th

What's Hopeless Day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

A mysterious hair on my face that I can't see, only feel tickling me, and it's annoying me agh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

People who exaggerate the last word in their sentennnncesss, it's getting on my wick nowwww, and there seems to be more and more people doing ittt, even reporters and politicians.

Starting sentences with "So", and worse.. actually writing it when starting a sentence. It's not needed,

As for our politicians with their ehh and emmm, string a proper sentence together for feck sake, you're a professional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

TA at my impending hangover. I'll be back in the morning with full details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

selous wrote: »
    People who exaggerate the last word in their sentennnncesss, it's getting on my wick nowwww, and there seems to be more and more people doing ittt, even reporters and politicians.

Starting sentences with "So", and worse.. actually writing it when starting a sentence. It's not needed,

As for our politicians with their ehh and emmm, string a proper sentence together for feck sake, you're a professional.

I don't mind the first two much, but the politicians humming yes, big time.

Worse even, a real constant TA of mine, is the "tactical stammer".
    The one you hear on the radio a lot, from both radio presenters and their interviewees.
    "Ah ah ah he he ha well Joe..."
    "Sure you know, it ti-ti-ti-tis a priority for us now looking forward ..."

I don't mind stammering or stuttering when it is unintentional.
    When it is used as a tactical way to delay an answer, or sound more thoughtful, or simply hog the mike for longer, then it really bugs me.

You'll hear the same people speak another time on another topic in another circumstance with no stutter whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

The new Vodafone ad thats on every 5 mins does my head in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

People who shout 'hold the lift!' just as the doors are about to close.

Then you have the panic over which is the 'open doors' button and which is 'close doors', and if it doesn't work you look like a cow.

Just wait for the next lift, you impatient gobshíte!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

erica74 wrote: »
    What's Hopeless Day?

A pun on a right wing religious organisation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I've gin and nothing to mix it with waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Fckin furious boi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭job seeker

This word 'legit' spoken by hipsters.. Why not say legitimate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Half an hour I'd say trying to open a Vicks Cough Btl. :mad::o:(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement