Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    An Teach Nua I think, but then again my Irish is a bit rusty.

That would be Teach Ní Nua, or Teach Bean Uí Nua if I were married, Teddo. Get your facts straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Film makers and the like shoehorning gender politics into every film now. Suddenly you can't have a superhero movie without half the cast being gay or bi or something else, even though their sexuality has no relevance to the actual plots. And the screen time being given to the actual plots is sacrificed by including this stuff that isn't relevant to the actual plots. Oh we need to save the world from this bad guy but not before we have some random scene about this character's sexual orientation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

We have to keep an eye on FB in work, in case someone posts something of relevance to us that we can share and "engage" with our followers.

We are a member of every local group as a result (well everything with a historical significance), and the amount of crazy stuff that is posted on a daily basis is eye-watering. From political activism over issues that no online campaigning is going to change, to a particular person who seems to post a different picture of the same swan every morning (complete with an inspirational quote), the online realms is full of crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

erica74 wrote: »
    Film makers and the like shoehorning gender politics into every film now. Suddenly you can't have a superhero movie without half the cast being gay or bi or something else, even though their sexuality has no relevance to the actual plots. And the screen time being given to the actual plots is sacrificed by including this stuff that isn't relevant to the actual plots. Oh we need to save the world from this bad guy but not before we have some random scene about this character's sexual orientation.
    I used to watch a scifi/fantasy programme a few years and the main character was bisexual, which was fine because it fitted the storyline (she was a succubus). After 5 years of the programme, in the final ever episode, one of the main male characters suddenly turned gay. That really annoyed me. No need for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I tried to register an ASexual superhero I called him Neutralman, it didn't fly and neither did he.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Check out Star Trek Discovery. It ticks every SJW box and the stories suffer because of it. All I wanted was the Borg assimilating people:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

When you post in a thread on boards, then you get a notification that someone replied to your comment. You think about what their reply would be and you wonder whether or not the person agrees with you. Then you read their reply:

"Such and such posted that on page 24''

:mad:

I used to watch a scifi/fantasy programme a few years and the main character was bisexual, which was fine because it fitted the storyline (she was a succubus). After 5 years of the programme, in the final ever episode, one of the main male characters suddenly turned gay. That really annoyed me. No need for it.

See that was a natural, organic way to make it part of the storyline and that's grand, that's a fully developed character but, it's the nonsense, like what you say about the final episode, that makes it all seem so forced, like a box ticking exercise.
    Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Check out Star Trek Discovery. It ticks every SJW box and the stories suffer because of it. All I wanted was the Borg assimilating people:mad:

I have and it's all unnecessary nonsense, however, as a massive star trek fan I did try to look past the fluff but it was difficult.

Don't get me going on what Hollywood has done to Star Wars:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Don't get me going on what Hollywood has done to Star Wars:mad:

In a nutshell: ADULT starwars fans

- go whistle.

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    In a nutshell: ADULT starwars fans

- go whistle.

What?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I have these nice flip flops, but I'm TA'd that they're so uncomfortable :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Ass sweat, underboob sweat, upper lip sweat. Flip flops that are cutting my toes. No air con in my car. Not possible to look cute in this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Currently 31 drgrees indoors in my work place. Surely, thats unacceptable??
    And Im here till 8pm..

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ass sweat, underboob sweat, upper lip sweat. Flip flops that are cutting my toes. No air con in my car. Not possible to look cute in this weather.

still would :D

TA at reading something six times and still not taking it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    TA that the actor that plays Tom Selleck's character's father on Blue Bloods is only 5 years older than Tom Selleck in real life.
    Daya's mother in Orange is the New Black is only two years older than her in real life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Like how JK Rowling suddenly decided Dumberdore was gay for her spin off stories :rolleyes:

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Daya's mother in Orange is the New Black is only two years older than her in real life!

I always thought that was very obvious and not great casting.

I forgot all about that show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I had a very limited selection of light enough for this weather T's, I have dropped items which leave an immovable stain on all but one and that's not looking good to last out the day.

A very sick with sunstroke doggie in the vets today, not looking good for the dog, a mix of annoyed and heartbroken for the parents/guardians/owners.

Only one type of Olives in the localish supermarket this week, they are unstoned. Hate that.

Boy dog pretending he's hiding on the cold air from the fan, but I see him moving around to follow the air flow. Hey dog, why lie? no one cares.
    Tata

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ass sweat,

Ewww :D

• Advertisement

Ewww :D

Don’t pretend like you don’t know :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭gifted

When I'm taking a long sip from a glass and a trickle runs down my chin and no matter how much I clench my lips around that glass it keeps dripping....

How are there people going around looking cute?! And there are people going around looking cute. Not me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Don’t pretend like you don’t know :pac:

Sorry I don't :confused:

:D:pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Oh shut it, you Father Fluffy Bottom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I ran out of my go-to hairgel (Brylcreem Ultra Hold) and had to use a white cream gel instead. Which, in hot weather, is not ideal because it looks like I doused it in vegetable oil - it's wet, it's heavy and it's greasy AF, total confidence killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

gifted wrote: »
    When I'm taking a long sip from a glass and a trickle runs down my chin and no matter how much I clench my lips around that glass it keeps dripping....

You obviously need to clench harder.ðŸ˜

I left my pint of sparkling water on the worktop for a few minutes and now it tastes like something that was boiled it's so hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭gifted

Colser wrote: »
    You obviously need to clench harder.ðŸ˜

I left my pint of sparkling water on the worktop for a few minutes and now it tastes like something that was boiled it's so hot.

Lol lol

They just had a feature on the children of Chernobyl on the 6.1 news. Some of the deformities and illnesses are heartbreaking.

But wait till I put on my grumpy hat.....why did it have to air during dinner-time? Graphic enough thing to be watching when your sitting there in the full of your health complaining about first-world problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Trying to sit in the shade of the umbrella in the garden but the shadow is getting smaller and my legs are not shaded. It's almost as if the sun is moving or something :confused::pac:

New Home wrote: »
    Oh shut it, you Father Fluffy Bottom!

Ta'd You promised you wouldn't tell anyone about that homeo :3 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

When the girls at work start complaining about sweaty underwear I may refer to it as bowls of clam chowder.... nothing better when you hear a loud gasp...and then you're called a bastard :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I burnt my vagina in the sun bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

I burnt my vagina in the sun bed.

I do believe this wins post of the day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Pics or ...

is there any way to respond to this without sounding seedy. TA'd at that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Slightly TA'd that the OH seems to have very little time for me since the World Cup started. Don't think I've seen him since it started! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I have felt like there is something in my eye all day. After being driven mad all day I came home and spent about an hour in front of the mirror trying to locate whatever is in there.

There is nothing there. Trivial but I am fuming at my right eye now....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

it's too hot to do anything so spending the evening watching programmes on TV that I wouldn't watch normally. can't go out walking or take the dog for a walk or for a drive. had to leave the dog inside in the house this afternoon while I went to work and he protested by doing a pee on the living room floor even though he is house trained. would love a good thunderstorm to clear the air then for the sun come back again about ten degrees lower. local zumba classes that I go to regularly are cancelled due to the heat! is there a name yet for this emergency, like Emma or Ophelia!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I finally gave in and watered my dahlias, I feel a bit guilty about 'wasting' water.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Tomorrow I begin my next adventure as Caligula, translation I need to start wearing my vacoped diabetic boot.

TA I've got so many different problems with the situation but if I don't my foot could collapse or I could fracture my ankle and end up in a cast or even have my foot amputated two years ago my eyes were effected four years ago I was homeless life is a lady dog sometimes and as so many asshats I seem to encounter luv to tell me you get what you're given RobbingBandit one of these days real soon I just might give those duckers a roundhouse with my new Kickass boot.

TA part 2 why do you have to subscribe round these parts to change your username robbingbandit inspired by the greatest robbingbandit Ireland has ever known, Mr Tayto lookalike, he who must be given brown envelopes as he had no bank account etc etc has served me well but I wanna be Caligula even if just for one day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Between the fuggin heat and the full moon, there won't be a hope of sleep tonight.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Wednesday is black bin collection and I left the bin out as normal

Came home and our bin in nowhere to be found. Who would take a wheelie bin??

<insert Liam Neeson speech about tracking down the culprit>

I have no doubt the landlord will blame me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,172 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Taking all necessary steps so that you are at your dental (or medical) appointment before your scheduled time, then being left wait for over 40 mins without any explanation or apology.

Its unacceptable in any other profession.

You've booked that time so that you can get back to work, or be somewhere else at a time you said you would be. You've paid your parking up, or may be expecting to get a bus or train at a particular time.

Sheer lack of manners at the very least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Underwire in my bra

My girlfriend's unerring ability to begin a text conversation JUST as I am settling down to catch up on television. Always timed with a particularly tense part of whatever tv show I happen to be watching as well. And I am a good bit behind my regular tv schedule too between work and the world cup.

And of course, if I interrupt her during Grey's Anatomy or Neighbours, there is hell to pay. Double standards, eh? :D

Another TA. It's too damn hot for tea :mad:

Going to bed with straight hair and waking up like a bichon frise.
    Making the constant mistake of getting a basket and not a trolley in the supermarket. Sure I’m only getting one or two things. Next thing you know it’s overflowing, ten tonne weight and my arm is being slowly amputated by the handles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Going to bed with straight hair and waking up like a bichon frise.
    Making the constant mistake of getting a basket and not a trolley in the supermarket. Sure I’m only getting one or two things. Next thing you know it’s overflowing, ten tonne weight and my arm is being slowly amputated by the handles

having to read sexy talk in work. so unfair.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You know when you're in the office and get the smell of fart, and you think how could someone fart in an open plan office. Then you start to think was it me that let one rip while zoned out. Then you start to panic and think that it was you and that everyone knows it. But it turns out its just some donkey eating cheesy popcorn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The bits of Weetabix that stick to the bowl like concrete if left for a while.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Had to wash my hair today as it was sticking out greasy, so used lukewarm water and now the rest of me is too hot!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement