Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Underwire in my bra

And you're in a public place so can't take the fecking thing out and throw it away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Wednesday is black bin collection and I left the bin out as normal

Came home and our bin in nowhere to be found. Who would take a wheelie bin??

<insert Liam Neeson speech about tracking down the culprit>

I have no doubt the landlord will blame me :rolleyes:

It's possible that the bin truck ate it - it happens from time to time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Basking in the sun for a few minutes during lunch earlier. Our museum is located on the second floor of a block, with three stories of apartments above and restaurants (and outdoor seating below).

Anyway, sitting there trying not to burn the arse off myself (the benches must have been reaching boiling point), when I hear a faint sound of something metallic clicking near-by.

Look up, and there's an overweight, shirtless man standing in the balcony of one of the apartments casually CLIPPING HIS NAILS and LETTING THE CLIPPINGS FALL to the ground below. The restaurant directly underneath him is currently closed for renovations so there were no customers in the cross-fire. Apart from people walking by.

Revolting behaviour. The sunny weather brings out the worst in us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

CLIPPING HIS NAILS and LETTING THE CLIPPINGS FALL to the ground below. The restaurant directly underneath him is currently closed for renovations so there were no customers in the cross-fire. Apart from people walking by.

Revolting behaviour. The sunny weather brings out the worst in us

I wonder why :pac:

#FoundAToeNailInMeSoup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Chatting with a colleague and said that the new pieces of crap laptops are more work than they are worth and I find myself using the falling to bit older one so much of the time.

Then when I go back to the new one, it had 'needs', updates, issues with storage, scans and the like. Then there are the issues with the integrated mouse :mad::rolleyes::eek::eek:

He advises that I should take the new one out 'when it's quite or I'm 'off' and set it up and then it will stop having 'needs' when I need it to WORK! Now, if only I had time 'off' or on my hands to do things work related when not at 'work' between now and the end of the millennium.

TA2, EVERY OTHER DAM THING IN THE WORLD TODAY.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Those we value your privacy messages on websites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Feet everywhere. The sound of flip flops slapping, the smell of some people's feet who have no clue their toe jam is polluting the air and making you want to gawk. Then when you're actively trying to ignore someone's feet and the bloody noise they randomly come into your line of vision and you start to dry heave again. Curse this weather I tell ya.

TA1: Found some suncream in the fridge and was over the moon with joy, "Now I can lie outside and enjoy the sun".

1 hour later

F#cking Factor 15. My leg is like Harvey Dent's face and my entire torso is itchy. I'm quite literally a hot mess

Need to buy factor 30 now.

TA2: fly bit my leg last night - left the smallest microscopic mark but it stung like hell. The sooner this rain comes the better.

TA3: I've had my day of relaxation in the sun and now I just want to relax inside and play a couple of video games and chill out...... But I'm too hot and the game controller gets soaked in sweat so I have to wait a while to cool off. It is not comfortable at all

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Chev_Chelios

A persistent cold.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Nothing fits me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

I just saw a woman using dental floss in the middle of a queue and then proceeded to chew it.
    Eeeewwwwwwww.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I just saw a woman using dental floss in the middle of a queue and then proceeded to chew it.
    Eeeewwwwwwww.

Mental floss more like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Eeeewwwwwwww.

Unless that's biodegradable that'll hurt like a bad mutha trucker coming out. :D

Boot Camp day one was ugggggggggh tomorrow well tomorrow can **** right off. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Chev_Chelios

I just stubbed my toe. :(

Neighbour will not stop whistling.

Now, I don't care if people whistle - I do it myself sometimes....

But I have counted, 20 whole minutes this cnut has been whistling for and now I'm starting to get a headache.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I just saw a woman using dental floss in the middle of a queue and then proceeded to chew it. Eeeewwwwwwww.

TA'd that I can't unread this post. Guh-ROSS.

Seriously, what kind of disgusting creature do you have to be not just to do that at all, but in public???

I think the dog will be getting my dinner this evening.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Dial Hard wrote: »
    TA'd that I can't unread this post. Guh-ROSS.

Seriously, what kind of disgusting creature do you have to be not just to do that at all, but in public???

I think the dog will be getting my dinner this evening.

Before, or after you've eaten it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Eeeewwwwwwww.

Manky :(

When a car shoots down a side road and for one split second I think they are going to pull out under me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

People who feel the need to talk for you...... it's not :rolleyes: cute, it's patronizing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

That today I look like one of those tango fake tanned umpaloompas that I'm always cringing at.
    Streak free my ar*e.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Eeeewwwwwwww.

vomit.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

New Home wrote:
    Before, or after you've eaten it?

After, if I'd had it when I was reading that post. Boke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

The drama about the heat, you Irish are weak, your breed is weak and you're not going to survive the winter (or the summer, pick one) :pac:

LirW wrote: »
    The drama about the heat, you Irish are weak, your breed is weak and you're not going to survive the winter (or the summer, pick one) :pac:

:eek: Excuse me? :eek:

You do know, you are posting on an ;) Irish based site, right?

Heat is heat, and if you're not accustomed to it (not everyone is fortunate enough to have air conditioning) it's sweltering, regardless of what the temperature guage says in different parts of the world.

I dare say some :rolleyes: of us could not survive a cold, wet winter! Irish are made of stern stuff, inside and out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

All the Kaydens and Jaydens ''graduating'' from playschool and senior infants with certificates and camera phones jammed in their faces.

OMG sooo proud me lil man, stop growen up plzzz. #Proud.

Listen, he went to school cos he had to go to school you fcukwit. You sent him. That's what kids just do. Why are you proud? He literally went because he had no other choice. Look at him there, he has snots on his sleeve and everything. You've nothing to be proud of. Nothing. Fcuk sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

DunnoKidz wrote: »
    :eek: Excuse me? :eek:

You do know, you are posting on an ;) Irish based site, right?

Heat is heat, and if you're not accustomed to it (not everyone is fortunate enough to have air conditioning) it's sweltering, regardless of what the temperature guage says in different parts of the world.

I dare say some :rolleyes: of us could not survive a cold, wet winter! Irish are made of stern stuff, inside and out!

My husband is not Irish and used to higher temps and also much lower temps in Winter than we are . For a good many years after he came here he could not not get warm ! Despite being used to colder winters he was not used to the wind or the damp . People the world over adapt to the temps they are used to and find anything abnormal difficult to adjust to . So we Irish struggle a little in temps this high . Its simply human nature and just ignore anyone who is actually getting that

There are six thread on AH today about the heat. Six.

Omackeral wrote: »
    There are six thread on AH today about the heat. Six.

But at least we have bread ! We might not have water soon but we have the auld sliced pan !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And if you leave it on the bonnet of your car you'll get toast, too! :D

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    But at least we have bread ! We might not have water soon but we have the auld sliced pan !

I swear to God I'll sh*te in your wardrobe.

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    And if you leave it on the bonnet of your car you'll get toast, too! :D

Haha ! And you could fry an egg to go on it !

Solar energy at its best. :D

Two eating threads in AH (and I don't know :o which one to post in)

DunnoKidz wrote: »
    Two eating threads in AH (and I don't know :o which one to post in)

One in here instead!

;) Three eating threads :eek: ....(and I don't know which one to post in)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Felt a massive sneeze coming on... braced myself....and when it hit it nearly ripped the balls off me..Jesus wept..the pain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Pretty sandals that are useless to walk in. I've the balls of my feet rubbed raw with the ****ers. I'm not moving from this seat for the rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Shite work banter. Pointless friendly digs that I've no interest in or 'Here comes the big man now!'. I'm probably still hungover, feck off..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

People saying 'Day Day' to my kids.

WTF you talking about????:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

There was a spider in my shoe this morning :eek: I got such a fright I let out a yelp :o and it took ages to get them out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

People bitching about the heat , same ****ers who bitch when it rains , never happy

Bloody whingers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Must be the warm weather or something but I've taken a strange dislike to the scent of the soap I've been using.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

I would presume it's a daytime equivalent of "night night"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

I would presume it's a daytime equivalent of "night night"?

It means bye-bye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Noo

That there will inevitably be a race of lobsters that don't understand how sun cream works. Reapplying suncream won't make a difference if you have already been in the sun longer than the SPF will allow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Spent £70 on skincare stuff online yesterday, searched the whole internet for a discount code but couldn't find any so resigned myself to ordering at full price.
    Just logged onto their website to check if my order has been shipped at they're offering 15% off all orders :mad::mad::mad:

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

Thats a real old saying , my nana and mum and aunties all said it and I find it sweet .

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055255822

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Selfish people smoking in cars with kids, bringing a child small enough to be in a buggy out to the smoking area of a bar on a roasting hot day when the smoking area is full of people and full of smoke. Feeding small kids absolute ****e, so much so that kid considers waffles and chicken nuggets to be their dinner on the reg.
    If you want to keep putting yourself first, that’s fine there’s nothing wrong with that, but hold off on having kids until you’re ready to put their needs before your own wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

*daily complaint about the disgusting heat*

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I went to so much effort to make a coffee earlier. Got a break between meetings so hustled into the kitchen.
    The kettle was already boiling, but the dude waiting on it had only filled enough water in it for his espresso.
    So had to wait for him to curate his sh*t coffee before brimming the kettle and waiting for it to boil.
    Then I had to get involved in small talk with people about the weather.
    Finally got my coffee made, back to my desk, take a sip.....and then I forgot about it and now its cold.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement