Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The high dose cranbury caps Im taking for my 'cystitis' are giving me the runs!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Realised just as I was pulling into the car park earlier that I'd left my laptop at home :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Realised just as I was pulling into the car park earlier that I'd left my laptop at home :mad:

Ugh

I got off the train last Friday after finishing work an hour early to realise I left my house keys on my desk. Back on the train, back into work, collect keys, back on the train. Got home later than a normal day :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Stuffy peasant wagons.

Threads that make me wonder if I'm at a disadvantage by being a short-ar$e, when I usually don't think about it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

The heat! These sunny weather warriors going on like it's a sin to give out about the sunny weather aswell. Fcuk off. If I wanted to cook myself in a slow cooker I would but I don't.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Ugh

I got off the train last Friday after finishing work an hour early to realise I left my house keys on my desk. Back on the train, back into work, collect keys, back on the train. Got home later than a normal day :mad:

Ugh, nightmare. At least I was in the car. I think I'd have just broken into the house in your case.

The worst part for me was seeing the look of excitement on my dog's face turn to pure disappointment when she realised I wasn't staying :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Injuries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Soon as I heard that there was going to a 'heatwave', I put some small plastic water filled bottles in the fridge. This am two were gone, taken to work in a car to sit in 29 degrees until lunchtime, kind of defeating the point of chilling it really!

Three times I walked into the garage to take something out of the freezer and walked out again without doing it! last time I couldn't remember what day it was and that meant I couldn't remember what I was supposed to take out of the freezer.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ladies (and perhaps some Gents) who wear makeup - do you constantly find that everything you touch also ends up with makeup on it? Like my phone, my black trousers, my notebook, my mouse, my pen. Everything. It's just gross. And that's not even talking about the bit on my nose where my glasses rest having no makeup left on it after 10 minutes of wearing the glasses. Ugh! Makeup is such a pain in the hole.

• Advertisement

Melty make-up reminds me of this:

nV5GhQO.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

You need a better powder! Try urban decays all nighter setting spray.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The heat! These sunny weather warriors going on like it's a sin to give out about the sunny weather aswell. Fcuk off. If I wanted to cook myself in a slow cooker I would but I don't.

Amen sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I don't mind people cycling on the footpath if they're going at a leisurely pace.

However, those that tear down the path at almost uncontrollable speed, are simply the worst pieces of s--- alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Cyclists who cycle on the road when there is a perfectly good bright orange wide cycle path on the path

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Cyclists who cycle on the road when there is a perfectly good bright orange wide cycle path on the path

That used to annoy me until I started cycling more and understood why :)

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    That used to annoy me until I started cycling more and understood why :)

Is it a good reason ? !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Your Face wrote: »
    I don't mind people cycling on the footpath if they're going at a leisurely pace. However, those that tear down the path at almost uncontrollable speed, are simply the worst pieces of s--- alive.

Cyclists who wear all that Tour De France sh*t. Utter cockwombles.

To wit;

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Is it a good reason ? !

Here's a good example:

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3713384,-6.2807723,3a,75y,25.52h,68.38t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sEAZ911ulstKU5Ym6eej-nw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

There's a lamppost in the middle of the cycle lane, the surface is sh*te as well.

I've actually stopped and had to help someone after they smacked into that post.

• Advertisement

Here's a good example:

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3713384,-6.2807723,3a,75y,25.52h,68.38t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sEAZ911ulstKU5Ym6eej-nw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

There's a lamppost in the middle of the cycle lane, the surface is sh*te as well.

I've actually stopped and had to help someone after they smacked into that post.

Jesus! The surface is brutal too. I hate to be this guy but surely that's grounds for compensation if you get injured after belting into that?! Or swerving to avoid it and you hit a pedestrian or car!

Omackeral wrote: »
    Jesus! The surface is brutal too. I hate to be this guy but surely that's grounds for compensation if you get injured after belting into that?! Or swerving to avoid it and you hit a pedestrian or car!

I'm not going to lie, it was comedy gold when yer man whomped into it. He wasn't paying attention at all and I could see it happening before it happened. :)

It would have made a great video for You've Been Framed.

I'm not going to lie, it was comedy gold when yer man whomped into it. He wasn't paying attention at all and I could see it happening before it happened. :)

It would have made a great video for You've Been Framed.

This will always be the one to beat though...

manfallsonicegif1.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I'm going to sound like such an ungrateful shyte here but anyway. I'm in Rome for a wedding this weekend and the heat is killing me. My lungs and my body can't cope. It's going to be 33 degrees for the wedding tomorrow and I'm dreading it. Not to mention the sh1theap I'm going to look like with frizzy poodle hair and make up melted off my face, it's going to be a miracle if I can even apply any and it doesn't just run down my face. I also smell like a sweaty old man about twenty minutes after washing. First world problems here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    I'm going to sound like such an ungrateful shyte here but anyway. I'm in Rome for a wedding this weekend and the heat is killing me. My lungs and my body can't cope. It's going to be 33 degrees for the wedding tomorrow and I'm dreading it. Not to mention the sh1theap I'm going to look like with frizzy poodle hair and make up melted off my face, it's going to be a miracle if I can even apply any and it doesn't just run down my face. I also smell like a sweaty old man about twenty minutes after washing. First world problems here.

Hands up who thinks Cleo is being a drama queen of the Nile :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd that I have to put on actual clothes for work. It's too hot for black pants and a black shirt! :(

• Advertisement

Nosy parkers ! Busy bodys !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Spent £70 on skincare stuff online yesterday, searched the whole internet for a discount code but couldn't find any so resigned myself to ordering at full price.
    Just logged onto their website to check if my order has been shipped at they're offering 15% off all orders :mad::mad::mad:

It's worth sending an email to see if they'll apply the discount to your order. It's happened me in the past and some companies have been nice about it.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    This will always be the one to beat though...

manfallsonicegif1.gif

Oh jesus, I'd love to lie naked on that footpath right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Chev_Chelios

Pointless updates for my phone.

Just went to top up the dog's garden water bucket and there's a drowned starling in it.

*pukey face*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Sitting outside in this weather and smokers smoking their disgusting cigarettes in the vicinity. Talk about vile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

rs-208378-Kurt-Vile-by-Marina-Chavez.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Pointless updates for my phone.

My S7 got Oreo today...over 1gb !
    But me likee so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Silly mishap TA, a real sorry not sorry situation

Got myself into a silly bind a week ago buying something in my favorite store something went very wrong the item was underpriced colossally I went back to try to rectify the situation and got tore a new one now I can no longer shop there after several years and thousands of Euro spent and absolutely petty both from me and the person I tried to deal with now I have got what I am given and lost so much more. :(

Got myself into a silly bind a week ago buying something in my favorite store something went very wrong the item was underpriced colossally I went back to try to rectify the situation and got tore a new one now I can no longer shop there after several years and thousands of Euro spent and absolutely petty both from me and the person I tried to deal with now I have got what I am given and lost so much more. :(

So they fúcked up the price and tore you a new one? :confused:
    Sounds like a bunch of cúnts to me tbh

Laptop is slow tonight, TA

Feel things got out of hand and control very fast much too much trouble for what it's worth but now I got nothing and when you've got ocd collections mean everything these guys know my issues but don't give a **** life is a lady dog.

Feel things got out of hand and control very fast much too much trouble for what it's worth but now I got nothing and when you've got ocd collections mean everything these guys know my issues but don't give a **** life is a lady dog.

Fúck them....any idea where you can source alternatives?
    Sounds like they are going to miss your business a lot. Some cheek of them tbh, they've prob lost one of their best customers.

Good luck in your search, hope it works out for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

A heavy summons lies like lead upon me..
    And yet I would not sleep.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Am I understanding this correctly.

The store undercharged you.

You went back to try pay the correct price (which would have cost to you and benefited the store).

The store reacted negatively to this and you 'got tore a new one' and you can no longer shop there. (Are you just uncomfortable to shop there or has the store refused your custom?)

I went back to query and no I did not go back to pay not sure where you got that from, I bought the item at face value with a receipt only upon checking it did it become apparent to me something was amiss.

I don't know how to really explain what happened next here and now but I suppose I'm not comfortable going back in as I don't handle conflict well

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Trying to put sun cream on a toddler is quite the challenge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The band Picture This.
    Yer man's voice is awful

I'm only up an hour and already very TA'd by today and it'll only get worse. Will need to back a winner or two to get some kind of enjoyment out of today.

Sick of this 'resting' now

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    Trying to put sun cream on a toddler is quite the challenge

My daughter used to say it was like putting cream on an eel

fussyonion wrote:
    The band Picture This. Yer man's voice is awful

They're like an even worse Kodaline.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    They're like an even worse Kodaline.

I always think Kodaline is something you buy in the chemist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

fussyonion wrote: »
    The band Picture This.
    Yer man's voice is awful

Between them and Gavin James constantly whining like he sat on a hedgehog singing about some woman who won't give him the hop your head would be wrecked trying to find a listenable song on the radio channels these days.

TA'd at seeing parents completely oblivious to their children being roasted alive in this weather on the beach. Went for a walk there yesterday evening and so many kids were nearly purple with sunburn. I mean fair play for having them out on the beach instead of cooked up in a cinema or in front of the video games but have a bit of cop on. Maybe they'll learn their lesson when the poor mutts start roaring crying with the pain of itching and peeling skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Lack of sleep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,177 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

fussyonion wrote: »
    The band Picture This.
    Yer man's voice is awful

Are they worse than The Coronas?

Try_harder wrote: »
    Lack of sleep!

Thinly veiled, "I got me Nat King" post :pac:

• Advertisement