Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

My sewer is blocked... solid...and I have to free it in this heat... sweet mother of Jebus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Opened Thread to go whinging about a 69y.o. guy messaging me on POF and I was wondering if that is the record or if the 70 mark has been hit yet I can't remember... Just happened to log into another Site, to see, a 77 yes SEVENTY SEVEN year old guy, wants to meet me! :mad::(:(:rolleyes::( Just F.M.L. :( What am I doing wrong... :( Why am I getting punished like this!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Opened Thread to go whinging about a 69y.o. guy messaging me on POF and I was wondering if that is the record or if the 70 mark has been hit yet I can't remember... Just happened to log into another Site, to see, a 77 yes SEVENTY SEVEN year old guy, wants to meet me! :mad::(:(:rolleyes::( Just F.M.L. :( What am I doing wrong... :( Why am I getting punished like this!! :(

Eh, you can say no btw :p

Are you in your early 60's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

kfallon wrote: »
    Thinly veiled, "I got me Nat King" post :pac:

Thinly veiled muggy as hell last night. Anyway its far to hot and sticky for bumping uglies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

You know what they say about the old fiddle :pac:

A neighbours car alarm is going on and off all morning, and they are away for the weekend :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The fans I move to each venue I stay in during the warmer spells have disappeared, funny that as the ppl responsible for this displacement are the first to say they are a waste of time and energy in this climate.

Last week I enquired about availability, we agreed a time for appointment, received directions, from a local business on text, earlier this week I had to cancel, so I sent a text, no reply, today I get a why did you miss your appointment, you cost us money text cause I wasn't there on time. when I text back with proof of cancellation Im told that ppl CALL to cancel! DUH

My friend has no internet and no car to get to top up his phone, I miss talking to him. #hurryupvoda.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

kfallon wrote: »
    Eh, you can say no btw :p
    Point missed!
    Are you in your early 60's?
    Am I fcuk!!! I'm 38! :D:D:D

Point missed!

Am I fcuk!!! I'm 38! :D:D:D

Oh? I thought you were one of our elder stateswomen like graces & Perse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Greatest Hits, Best Ofs and Singles compilations using album versions of songs rather than radio edits / single mixes.
    Want to hear the album version? Then listen to the album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

A friend made me laugh while I was eating and POTATO CAME OUT MY NOSE.
    Drinks have come out of there before but never food.
    Traumatised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The neighbours dog just walked in and sat in our kitchen. He must like the cooling tiles. But I am not sure how to get rid of him. Ask him politely or be all strong and angry...or bribe him to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The neighbours dog just walked in and sat in our kitchen. He must like the cooling tiles. But I am not sure how to get rid of him. Ask him politely or be all strong and angry...or bribe him to leave.

At least give him the chance to leave a steaming pile of shoite behind him before evicting him.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Hangovers in heatwaves. Dunno what to do with myself. I think I need an icepop.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Google Chrome acting up yesterday. Moved to Firefox which was working ok yesterday. Today it decides it won't allow me to do any searches or to post here no matter how many times I press return. Had to move back to Google Chrome.:rolleyes:

Mollyb60 wrote: »

Good place to start tbf

Or a 99 with a flake 😛 Only then you will be fat and hot 😟

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA that alot of places that sell icecream cones do not have the raspberry ripple and sprinkles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Same here.

Can't sit still for 2 minutes. Want something to eat, no idea what.

Made a mug of coffee ages ago, it's gone cold now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

My trivial annoyance is the the old, worn-out 'joke' about Leitrim not existing. It's a lazy attempt to be funny, but it's not. I'm not from there, by the way, and have only ever visited twice.

It's not as prevalent but there are similar comments about Carlow. I suppose they're usually made by Dubs, cloistered in their amazing metropolis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

I fell asleep there for 2 hours, feeling none the better for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Same here.

Can't sit still for 2 minutes. Want something to eat, no idea what.

Made a mug of coffee ages ago, it's gone cold now.

*hugs* I had some food but it hasn't helped. I feel so god damned sorry for myself. :(

To make matters worse, the neighbours are having a BBQ and the cnuts haven't invited me. How dare they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

*hugs* I had some food but it hasn't helped. I feel so god damned sorry for myself. :(

To make matters worse, the neighbours are having a BBQ and the cnuts haven't invited me. How dare they?

This is my TA, surrounded by wonderful smells from neighbours' barbecues and I have none :(

Poochie05 wrote: »
    This is my TA, surrounded by wonderful smells from neighbours' barbecues and I have none :(
    :mad: Molly and Poochie, put on your Jedward cd at full blast.

And tell them it stays on until they invite you over :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm 116 in two weeks if them 77 year olds aren't experienced enough. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Maintaining a normal life has gone from hard to harder to almost impossible. I work in Penneys as a summer job before I start a laboratory position in September, but now my doctor is recommending to stay away from laboratory work due to a compromised immune system. I've spent my whole life with science and research and made a published discovery and now it's looking like the career is over, at the age of 22. It's just really annoying.

Rant over, sorry :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

In fairness that's way beyond trivial, I hope things work out for you.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

In fairness that's way beyond trivial, I hope things work out for you.

I was just about to day that.

That's absolutely awful, BbT. Can you move into a non lab-based area of your field? Sorry if that's a stupid question .

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I was just about to day that.

That's absolutely awful, BbT. Can you move into a non lab-based area of your field? Sorry if that's a stupid question .

I probably could. I might just leave it behind though, or else do something ridiculous and continue to work with pathogens. My counts aren't that bad, I feel like the consultant is being overly cautious, probably to cover himself :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

Not being able to book a seat for the bus to the airport and then there being no seats. Got to the airport eventually and now flight delay! Where’s the bar lol

Maintaining a normal life has gone from hard to harder to almost impossible. I work in Penneys as a summer job before I start a laboratory position in September, but now my doctor is recommending to stay away from laboratory work due to a compromised immune system. I've spent my whole life with science and research and made a published discovery and now it's looking like the career is over, at the age of 22. It's just really annoying.

Rant over, sorry :o

Would this perhaps make you reconsider the bone marrow treatment...could be a short term loss for a long term gain if you get my drift

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Neighbour spreading slurry when he could see us setting up for a bbq

• Advertisement

Samsgirl wrote: »

WAFC!

Cabin Fever was setting in so I promised myself earlier that I would limp over to the local for 2 large bottles of cider at 6. Was so annoyed that I didn't bother, I'm like a cúnt today, cba to even speak to people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Samsgirl wrote: »

You might have to explain slurry to our city friends :p

To thine own self be true

You might have to explain slurry to our city friends :p

Sheeeite!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Suncream. Do anything and it sweats off into my eyes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Turning from pale white into well done bbq sausage and now I'm definitely giving my undercover identity of not being Irish away. Seriously I have a crispy tan.

Also, seems like my grandad has Alzheimer, underwent surgery two days ago and tried to run away from the hospital today because "my wife stole my money, I need to confront her". Such a sh1t disease :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

headache all day from the heat
    found myself looking longingly at my raincoat a few minutes ago!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

LirW wrote: »
    Also, seems like my grandad has Alzheimer, underwent surgery two days ago and tried to run away from the hospital today because "my wife stole my money, I need to confront her". Such a sh1t disease :(

Sometimes it's the effect of the anaesthetics that does that to elderly patients. :( Hope he'll be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

New Home wrote: »
    Sometimes it's the effect of the anaesthetics that does that to elderly patients. :( Hope he'll be ok.
    We found that in our family too.
    Fingers crossed once he's completely over the procedure, he'll spring back.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Some of the stronger working class accents in Dublin city are so bad that they should be classed as a pidgin dialect of English. Honestly, I know plenty of Brazilian and German lads with a far better command of English than what is spoken in some of the roughest areas of Dublin

My lack of willpower this evening ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Dogs barking all night somewhere around here. I assume they are in or next to a house somewhere, so I don't get how if they are interfering with my sleep, they aren't bothering their owners.....

Few lads from Portugal (presume that's where they are from as heard them shouting during the game earlier) are blaring music in the Apt block across the way!

Ye've got about 55 mins to wrap it up now boys, ye've had your time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,914 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Seagulls targeting my car.
    I am convinced it's organised.
    There was one staring me out of it a few days ago.

Bird ****e on car in the driveway this morning.

Cleaned car.

Drove to town, parked car.

Car covered in even more bird s*te.

Of course it did cross my mind that it could be the same seagull who followed me and has a grudge against me.

But for the moment I feel justified in being prejudiced towards all seagulls.
    I am half expecting a mod warning for breaking the boards charter.
    I assume seagulls are in it?

Anyway, f**k off seagull(s) and die of bird flu.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Knowing what slurry is but not knowing what WAFC means and not finding an explanation searching online.

Abbreviations I don't understand IYKWIM :-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Knowing what slurry is but not knowing what WAFC means and not finding an explanation searching online.

Abbreviations I don't understand IYKWIM :-)

Wigan Athletic Football Club??

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement