Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Housemates slamming doors

I don’t think they mean anything bad by it, just they have zero cop on

My downstairs bedroom is by the kitchen and on a Sunday morning the door got hit so hard I flinched

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,177 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Wigan Athletic Football Club??

What a flipping cad, I expect.

Links to articles that I can't read without subscription or doing some survey.
    I, mean who would pay to read the Irish Independent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Its annoying enough now that certain words can't be spoken, the 'N' word being the most famous, even when not being used in the context to insult someone, but now we aren't even printing them, instead putting in asterisks to mask them?

Look at this piece in the Indo

https://www.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-features/i-was-called-a-fat-every-single-day-and-society-agreed-with-them-brendan-courtney-on-growing-up-in-an-ireland-where-being-gay-was-a-crime-37059296.html

I was called a fa***t every day ......

Why can the piece not actually print the word? We all read it in our heads when we see the headline anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

NIMAN wrote: »
    Its annoying enough now that certain words can't be spoken, the 'N' word being the most famous, even when not being used in the context to insult someone, but now we aren't even printing them, instead putting in asterisks to mask them?

https://www.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-features/i-was-called-a-fat-every-single-day-and-society-agreed-with-them-brendan-courtney-on-growing-up-in-an-ireland-where-being-gay-was-a-crime-37059296.html

Why can the piece not actually print the word? We all read it in our heads when we see the headline anyway!

Because we've become a generation of sn*wfl*kes

:)

I wonder if Brendan Courtney, when being interviewed by the newspaper, tried to pronounce it with the asterisks?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

neighbour who steps out into his garden early every morning to clear his throat and sneeze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

TA TA TAAA

Trying to talk to people I know about my health issues anecdotally if one more person tells me to smoke some weed I'm gonna HULK SMASH them.

Some of the stronger working class accents in Dublin city are so bad that they should be classed as a pidgin dialect of English. Honestly, I know plenty of Brazilian and German lads with a far better command of English than what is spoken in some of the roughest areas of Dublin

The funny thing about that is that people I'd consider to have a really Dublin accent then turn around and ask for a translator when their thousand-words-a-second Dublin friend arrives on the scene to partake in the conversation. Hehe. Much more entertaining and rooted in this city than the loike, you know, obviously, basically loike crowd whose accent is rooted in US or, to a lesser extent, British tv.

Anyway, my three year old has managed to make two syllables out of the English words 'school' and 'cool' so I give up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,914 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

NIMAN wrote: »

The funniest bit is that in the address bar it reads as "I was called fat every single day"

And I thought "Oh this must be some weight loss thing or one of those 'fat people programs', where they finally get off thier @rse and do something about it.
    But, for some reason they have to talk about it constantly and tell the world a backstory.

How wrong I was.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Some of the stronger working class accents in Dublin city are so bad that they should be classed as a pidgin dialect of English. Honestly, I know plenty of Brazilian and German lads with a far better command of English than what is spoken in some of the roughest areas of Dublin

To be honest I like it is natural.
    Whereas the accent normally used by HR departments and like seem forced.
    The Orr-Tee-eeee accent.
    People who are born in Ireland but cannot say Gardai - it turns into 'Goooor-deee' even on state television news!
    Everything is elongated unnecessarily some cannot even say OK it turns into 'OOOOOOOOOOOOOOh-Kaaaaaaaaay'.

And that is supposed to sound good?
    Intelligent?

It is a roight pain in the orse.
    Much more annoying then any natural working class accent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

What kind of inconsiderate monster taxi driving baxtard would beep a horn at 3.30am in the middle of a housing estate? Scared the ****ing life out of me.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    What kind of inconsiderate monster taxi driving baxtard would beep a horn at 3.30am in the middle of a housing estate? Scared the ****ing life out of me.

Thats against the law. ;)

The funniest bit is that in the address bar it reads as "I was called fat every single day"

And I thought "Oh this must be some weight loss thing or one of those 'fat people programs', where they finally get off thier @rse and do something about it.
    But, for some reason they have to talk about it constantly and tell the world a backstory.

How wrong I was.

There's the whole point of it.

If we're being honest, Brendan isn't slow. Telling these stories he finds hard are keeping him in the spotlight, keeping him relevant and probably continues to get him work and a wage.

Why would be ever stop talking about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

People who use twenty words when ten will do.

There is a fella I know...if he watched a thirty minute long tv show he would spend an hour telling you about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

The fly that's buzzing around my room, get out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    The fly that's buzzing around my room, get out!
    You're lucky I'm counting 4 of the little ****s :mad:
    They keep landing on me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Going home after a holiday :(

Taxi drivers that don't take credit cards.
    Taxi drivers that have the means to take credit cards but won't for journeys under €20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Stuck on the train with 2 of the most annoying parents I've ever seen. One is telling his son, who is screaming bloody murder, that it's "okay to express yourself son", the child can barely speak and has been screaming for 12 minutes now. Then the other is allowing his child to play a game on his tablet with the volume up as high as it can go, so high that I can still hear it even with my earphones turned up as high as they go. Everytime this one loses, he roars, everytime he wins, he roars.

There should be at least one child free carriage on the train.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

The ingrained herd mentality of people really manifests itself in a hot spell like this. Their true flying colours, gay pride weekend or not.

Those eyebrows.
    You know the ones.
    I d. don't know why they annoy me so much but I really hate them.
    It's an age thing, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Those eyebrows.
    You know the ones.

The big eyebrows that seem to have a life of their own and don't belong on anyone's face. I think I know the ones you're talking about. They're hideous.

Marje wrote: »
    The big eyebrows that seem to have a life of their own and don't belong on anyone's face. I think I know the ones you're talking about. They're hideous.
    Or the ones that have been plucked so much they are almost invisible?

Marje wrote: »

Big, thick, black, hard edged.
    Even when they are not so big they still look ridiculous to me. It seems every woman under the age of 30 has them along with American accents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Those eyebrows.
    You know the ones.

NSFW

As Walt would say **** you and **** your eyebrows

Christ, today is turning in to one of those days. Managed to give myself a bruised eye and scrape by dropping a file box on my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Those eyebrows.
    You know the ones.

Like 2 black slugs.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

These...

403E05E300000578-4500432-Are_unibrows_in_This_woman_took_the_thick_look_too_far_and_drew_-a-38_1494622592180.jpg
    brow-powder.jpg

are the new these.

tattooed+eyebrows.PNG

See?

bad-eyebrows-500x500.jpg

More here, if you're a glutton for punushment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

New Home wrote:
    These...

Jesus!

• Advertisement

Enough!

Those brows :eek: It's all getting ludicrous, what women must do to fit in. My neighbour is going to a wedding next weekend. She has a nice deep tan atm from the heatwave but insists on getting sprayed orange for the wedding. Why? because everyone else wil have fake tan over their real tan and she doesn't want to stand out. Jesus wept!

I told my friend she drew her eyebrows on too high.
    She looked surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Chev_Chelios

Sundays really drag on.

The fucing ssss and ssss as we as (in addition to) the semi-coon, at symbo, and enter ey on my aptop have stopped woring so I can't do googe searches on it or anything.

Don't spi water on your aptop.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You can always use the on-screen keyboard. A pain, I know, but better than nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Plug in USB keyboard will sort that out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

External keyboard too, a lot of the left side keys don't work on the laptop for me, so have an external one plugged in.

I've been using an external keyboard for the guts of a year and a half, now, and the on-screen keyboard for about a year before that. Thank you, Toshiba. Would not recommend, would not buy again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Chev_Chelios

Sun Burn.

New Home wrote: »
    These...

Jayus that was an eyebrow raiser, I will have trouble sleeping after that.

I always associate the thin eyebrows with the unnecessarily big hoopy ear-rings and rough exterior, it is/was like a warning sign to keep clear.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

My neighbours have this really hyperactive labrador who spends his days in a pretty small wooden kennel and gets his run time in the evening. They needed to take one of the kids to the hospital. Now the dog is capable to eat through pretty much anything, so he was bored and ate through the fence and ran down to road, because some eejit is keeping their female dog in heat out the whole day.
    We spent an hour to catch the dog and bring him back. Just invest in a steelframed kennel please for the sake of everyone.

Jayus that was an eyebrow raiser, I will have trouble sleeping after that.

I always associate the thin eyebrows with the unnecessarily big hoopy ear-rings and rough exterior, it is/was like a warning sign to keep clear.....

I associate it with the fashion of the 60s and 70s. Overplucked eyebrows. Ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Mollyb60 wrote: »

It happened me the other night. I was drifting off into a very nice dream when some ignorant neanderthal beeped his horn outside, immediately snapping me awake.
    My old neighbor in Limerick was worse. He worked as a night courier and he used to turn his engine on with the lights on full and then leave the car running for at least 20 minutes before driving off at 3am in the morning 😒

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

"fans" who let out a roar at GAA matches before the National Anthem is finished. So disrespectful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Recruitment agents.

I get that it’s a sales job with lots of pressure but such sloppiness, oh dear.

I dealt with an agency last year when job hunting. Today they sent an application to me but I’m not a recruiter. Must have gotten mike on autocomplete in outlook. I would get killed in my job if I sent information to the wrong client and caused a data breach but meh, just a CV so be it

Had a quick glance and the whole thing was riddled with errors. Even the agents name was spelled wrong. Technical terms look close but not correct. Even the line about word & excel made little sense.

I’m sure there are fantastic recruitment agents out there but some are jokers

I dropped the bottle of shower gel right on my big toe in the shower :eek:
    and it was almost full :eek::eek:
    and it was 50% extra free :eek::eek::eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rock hard clementines.

Rock hard clementines.
    TA'd that we orange lovers are frequently being sold a lemon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TA'd that we orange lovers are frequently being sold a lemon.

Amen brother.

*bro hugs*

:pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement