Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TA'd that we orange lovers are frequently being sold a lemon.
    /

Or absolutely tasteless ones that fool you by looking and smelling delicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

People on if England win the World Cup:

Watching the BBC would be unbearable. Tuning into Sky would be unbearable. Watching the Premier League would be unbearable.

Guess what, they're all part of English media. It's theirs, not ours. I was watching the FA Cup final a couple of years ago, Crystal Palace vs Man United, and a few in the group were complaining about "that filthy national anthem" being played. You're watching the English cup final you absolute twonk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

branie2 wrote: »
    "fans" who let out a roar at GAA matches before the National Anthem is finished. So disrespectful.

The fact that people can't sing their own national anthem would be more of a bugbear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Being trapped in a space and conversation with a person who knows my sporting background, and still attempts to explain gaa/soccer to me.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Bredabe wrote: »
    Being trapped in a space and conversation with a person who knows my sporting background, and still attempts to explain gaa/soccer to me.

Is that a delicate attempt to tell us you're a decent baller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who can't just say goodbye once at the end of a phone call.

The raw spot on my foot where my sandals skinned me yesterday.

The thought of cooking dinner.

Forgot to renew my Pill prescription and I'm due back on it today :mad:

The fact that people can't sing their own national anthem would be more of a bugbear

Speak for yourself.

Shin na feena fall, at awe fwee gal la la la...

latest?cb=20100504041312

Shoving Connie around the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Bastard of a horsefly bit me Saturday evening, apart from a slight sting no problem but today I notice there's a little bump and every so often it goes mad itchy for about 10 mins.

On a TH note that fly died so wont bother anyone else.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

It's supposed to get even hotter tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Showering and breaking out in a sweat drying myself.
    Showering and then having to apply suncream and feeling all sticky and tacky.
    Hat hair from wearing a baseball cap for fear of my poxy sensitive scalp burning.
    Sleep gone to sh1t with the dead heat at night despite windows being open to the max.
    Give me nice weather anytime but not this fcukin heat :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Showering and breaking out in a sweat drying myself.
    Showering and then having to apply suncream and feeling all sticky and tacky.
    Hat hair from wearing a baseball cap for fear of my poxy sensitive scalp burning.
    Sleep gone to sh1t with the dead heat at night despite windows being open to the max.
    Give me nice weather anytime but not this fcukin heat :(

All of this, plus, freaking bats flying in the open windows and cheeping away to itself till it get brighter.
    Flatmate tells me to wake him when batty arrives cause he has........a fishing net!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Don't know if it's pollen or air pressure changes or the heat or the fact that my new office has air conditioning, but my sinuses are giving me grief again, and nothing that usually helps is helping. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Do they still play it when the nightclub turns on the lights at the end of the night?

That was a TA of mine

mikemac2 wrote: »
    So they still play it when the nightclub turn on the lights at the end of the night?

May be a country thing

That was a TA of mine

It is. It's agricultural as fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Washed the bed clothes again today and was just putting the duvet cover back on when I noticed a big stain on the corner I thought it was from a clothes peg but on closer inspection it's a massive green/black and white bird ****e..wouldn't mind but they're fed the best of grub here..ungrateful gits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Football players running to get the ball from the net and bringing it to the halfway line - only seems to happen when they're 2+ goals down and pull one back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Swallowed a fly on my run today*. One of the ones that goes straight to the back of your throat and has you gagging and coughing.

*RIP Mr Buzzy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This dead heat.....20 degrees still, no sleep so :-/.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

"Football's Coming Home" <<<<

Also, this tweet:

https://twitter.com/callummarkiee/status/1013470552525287426

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Little grey mothy type insects all over the place these days . Everytime I open the porch door they are there .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

They've changed the orange street lighting on our estate to more efficient LEDs. Place looks eerie under the pale white light

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Poochie05 wrote: »
    They've changed the orange street lighting on our estate to more efficient LEDs. Place looks eerie under the pale white light

Yes! Aw with the street lighting here...it's like a horror movie settings... I find myself whistling Tubular Bells ffs

I see Dermot Bannon has just come on TV after a note flashed up saying "Supported by your Licence Fee". As it's the one where he's in Manhatttan and this was on last year and the year before, I wonder could I tell the TV licence guy (i.e. my local fear an phoist) that it's covered by my TV licence from last year and the year before?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Worth a shot, Fuaranach. Do tell us how you get on, and when the court date is. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I love the sun but this heat is cruel. Today it's getting to me and it's like 22 degrees right now and no breeze whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I love the sun but this heat is cruel. Today it's getting to me and it's like 22 degrees right now and no breeze whatsoever.

Its unbearable tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

The fact that Barry Manilow beat Gordon Lightfoot's "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" to a Grammy back in 1977.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My skin is breaking out. I've got two of those really sore red spots on my chin, and I can feel another one possibly as well :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Its unbearable tonight.

One of Phil Collins lesser known hits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

Phil Collins scares me damn melancholic RobbingBandit will be in control today another day in paradise for that mopping man child TA superliminal messaging on boards. :(:(:p

• Advertisement

That fcuking Maroon 5/Hyundai ad every single ad break. I swear to god all it's making me wanna do is NEVER buy a Hyundai or Maroon 5 track. Absolutely fcuking awful. Awful awful awful.

BBDBB wrote: »
    One of Phil Collins lesser known hits?

From his lesser known 1986 album, Durty.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Not sure if the hot girl I seen this morning knew I was just checking her out or if she thought I was objectifying her :)

Answers on a postcard please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Omackeral wrote: »
    That fcuking Maroon 5/Hyundai ad every single ad break. I swear to god all it's making me wanna do is NEVER buy a Hyundai or Maroon 5 track. Absolutely fcuking awful. Awful awful awful.

Why does it say 3 Little Birds?
    Is that the song, cos it sounds awfully like another song to me.

And that lead singers glasses and his stupid jacket !!!

Annoying band...hate them now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

NIMAN wrote: »
    Why does it say 3 Little Birds?
    Is that the song, cos it sounds awfully like another song to me.

And that lead singers glasses and his stupid jacket !!!

Annoying band...hate them now too.

eh, 3 little birds is the name of the song. Its a cover of the bob marley song.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

I'm honestly really not one of these "the poor women are always subject to sexual harassment" protesters but walking down the street to my office this morning wearing a skirt as its a warm day and two guys in a bread van across the road wolf whistle at me and one guy shouts "Hey sexy" out his window. I was already having a sh*t enough morning so this was just the icing on the cake. Why the f*ck bother like? I can take the drunken idiots on a night out (even though its still not acceptable) but its 9am on a Tuesday morning for f*ck sake. Grow the hell up and have some respect!!! The bread van was local and I was half contemplating ringing their main office to complain.

Like I said I'm not usually sensitive to this kind of thing but today it just made me feel really uncomfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

smeal wrote: »

Like I said I'm not usually sensitive to this kind of thing but today it just made me feel really uncomfortable.

Rightly so, I wouldn't be comfortable either. I'm wearing a skirt or a dress because I like it, not for some breadman to find it sexy :rolleyes:
    Happened to me a few years ago in summer, I went grocery shopping with my nan, there was this greasy drunk guy and in the middle of the carpark he started talking loudly about my breasts and what he'd do with them. This was incredibly uncomfortable...

My TA: The toddler is a little high maintenance sh1t today, I wish there'd be warranty on them.

The bread van was local and I was half contemplating ringing their main office to complain.

You should, Jackasses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,177 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

You should, Jackasses!

I would definitely report them.
    They'll just get a bollocking, nothing more.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'd just like to put it on record that I do not drive a bread van.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Do you just sit in the passenger's seat of one?

Dammit :mad:

The bread van was local and I was half contemplating ringing their main office to complain.

Definitely ring up and speak with the owner/manager. I don't think any business owner would like their company name to be tarnished by that sort of troglodytism.

There's a 'their job will be toast' type pun here somewhere.

Breadvis and Buttbread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

Idiot woman in today's Irish Times who can't spell "delph" correctly.

"I buried the wedding delf in the garden after Simon’s death. That was all the help I needed"

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/ruth-fitzmaurice-my-husband-died-but-i-still-believe-in-magic-1.3548016

Lunchtime update - the Irish Times online edition has now corrected the spelling. I can't speak for the paper version.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'd just like to put it on record that I do not drive a bread van.

I was just thinking was it you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I got a severe case of scaldy asshole last night.

Extremely annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The plastic bag inside the cornlakes box was ripped open funny and they poured out just about everywhere except my bowl. :mad:

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    Breadvis and Buttbread?

I just realised I could've made a Boom BAP joke... Ah well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement