Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Home wrote: »
    Breadvis and Buttbread?

Oh Homeo....

giphy.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

The great British public should not be allowed to watch tennis.
    Cheering wildly for anyone remotely attached to Britain and maybe two people clap when the opponent gets a point.
    Currently watching some ignorant looking bint whose family fell out with the LTA so she refuses to represent the Great British in Fed cup. Yet here she is running around screaming, 160th in rankings or so playing against the defending champion and the Brits acting like she’s a hero.

So desperate for one of their own just because their players are terrible, with the exception of Andy Moany.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The great British public should not be allowed to watch tennis.
    Cheering wildly for anyone remotely attached to Britain and maybe two people clap when the opponent gets a point.
    Currently watching some ignorant looking bint whose family fell out with the LTA so she refuses to represent the Great British in Fed cup. Yet here she is running around screaming, 160th in rankings or so playing against the defending champion and the Brits acting like she’s a hero.

So desperate for one of their own just because their players are terrible, with the exception of Andy Moany.

Isn't he Scottish though? they love to claim people as their own when there not technically British and disown them straight when there doing poorly, they've claimed a few time Tayto's are their own :eek: the cheek!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Isn't he Scottish though? they love to claim people as their own when there not technically British and disown them straight when there doing poorly, they've claimed a few time Tayto's are their own :eek: the cheek!

I can barely watch the final when they’re all “cahm own Anday”. But luckily the hip will hopefully dump him out. Much as I hate him cos he’s a whingy git, I think he sees the humour in the whole “you’re British if you’re playing well” debacle.

TA at having to wait for deliveries. I ordered you yesterday from the UK, why aren’t you here yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I like to sometimes listen to Lyric FM when driving. I flicked to it today and could hear nothing only very faint music. I kept on turning it up thinking something was wrong with the station and there was suddenly an almighty crash of cymbals etc, I nearly sh1t myself. It had just been a quiet lull in the piece of music playing

When the tube of handcream is starting to run out, one squeeze gets you nothing, another squeeze and you have enough to do your hands several times :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Poochie05 wrote: »
    They've changed the orange street lighting on our estate to more efficient LEDs. Place looks eerie under the pale white light

At least they did it during the summer. They did ours in the depths of winter and it confused the shit out of the poor birds, they were waking up in the middle of the night for weeks afterwards thinking it was daylight.
    smeal wrote: »
    I'm honestly really not one of these "the poor women are always subject to sexual harassment" protesters but walking down the street to my office this morning wearing a skirt as its a warm day and two guys in a bread van across the road wolf whistle at me and one guy shouts "Hey sexy" out his window.

I'll never understand the logic behind this. Do they think you're going to chase them down the road and fling yourself into their arms??? I was walking the dog the other week in shorts and a vest and a guy in a van that came up the road behind me beeped and wolf-whistled. He never even saw my face, like, I could have been a complete mutant for all he knew :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There are people that I work with that put so much effort into avoiding eye contact or saying hello, it'd be easier just to give a nod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

I keep getting phonecalls every day from this automated thing. They're clearly meant for the person who had this phone number before me since the name in the message isn't mine. I've only had the phone number a week so I could go ask my provider to change it, but I've used it when applying for a load of jobs so I don't want to change it now and potentially miss important calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I like to sometimes listen to Lyric FM when driving. I flicked to it today and could hear nothing only very faint music. I kept on turning it up thinking something was wrong with the station and there was suddenly an almighty crash of cymbals etc, I nearly sh1t myself. It had just been a quiet lull in the piece of music playing

This made me burst out laughing, I'm so sorry :D:p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I keep getting phonecalls every day from this automated thing. They're clearly meant for the person who had this phone number before me since the name in the message isn't mine. I've only had the phone number a week so I could go ask my provider to change it, but I've used it when applying for a load of jobs so I don't want to change it now and potentially miss important calls.

Annoying as hell - one of my relatives kept getting phone calls from a debt collecion agency for the chap who had the number before him, and they wouldn't believe he wasn't lying.

There may be a way of blocking specific phone numbers, even on landlines (some time on the handset itself, some times by contacting the provider).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Kitty6277 wrote: »

I only sniggered and felt bad too.ðŸ˜sorry rubberlegs,I'd have reacted the same and probably drove into the ditch.

When you're getting out of your car in the morning and spot someone that you don't want to walk in with and have to make inane conversation so you either leg it or slow down and they do the same for the same reason and you end up walking in together anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

When the tube of handcream is starting to run out, one squeeze gets you nothing, another squeeze and you have enough to do your hands several times :(
    Hands......ya... ;):p:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Annoying as hell - one of my relatives kept getting phone calls from a debt collecion agency for the chap who had the number before him, and they wouldn't believe he wasn't lying.

There may be a way of blocking specific phone numbers, even on landlines (some time on the handset itself, some times by contacting the provider).

That's exactly what's happening, and that reminds me of another annoying thing. I block their number, and then they just call me on another one :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The forecast says it'll be even hotter tomorrow!
    https://media.giphy.com/media/hZZlgZQe989UY/giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

People saying oh if England win the World Cup we’ll never hear the end of it. Coming from the country who still haven’t shut up about winning the Eurovision a few times a billion years ago that’s pretty rich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

People saying oh if England win the World Cup we’ll never hear the end of it. Coming from the country who still haven’t shut up about winning the Eurovision a few times a billion years ago that’s pretty rich

Same goes for when Germany wins anything ever (from a neighbouring country's PoV). Just the same.

TA that hanging baskets are so unbelievably high maintenance when you want them nice and big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Husband is SUPER NERVOUS about the England match and can't sit still. His nervousness is rubbing off on me and I'm all twitchy too. Sweaty palms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Definitely ring up and speak with the owner/manager. I don't think any business owner would like their company name to be tarnished by that sort of troglodytism.

TA'd I never knew this word and had to look it up on dictionary com. I iz not so smart

Like the time the work email was going on about entry and egress and I thought wtf is egress :confused: Had to search for it......ah exit

Ta'd at having sweaty palm.
    LirW wrote: »
    Same goes for when Germany wins anything ever (from a neighbouring country's PoV). Just the same.

TA that hanging baskets are so unbelievably high maintenance when you want them nice and big.

I was actually gutted for the Germans when they got knocked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Ta'd at having sweaty palm.

Sweat palm twins.

I don't think it would be recommended to hi-5 it though.

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Sweat palm twins.

I don't think it would be recommended to hi-5 it though.

Sweat would go every where Ewwww :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Kitty6277 wrote: »

You would have loved to see me back in the 80s sitting at a bar drinking a pint. Phil Collins In the Air Tonight was playing and there is a dramatic loud drumming piece in it. In a world of my own, I shot out of my skin and drowned myself with my drink :(.

Another TA, forgetting I am holding a drink and waving at someone. I fear for myself at times.

Colser + a towel versus a small fly and the little fcuker is winning..he keeps landing on me and it's driving me insane.

Colser wrote: »
    Colser + a towel versus a small fly and the little fcuker is winning..he keeps landing on me and it's driving me insane.

Blowtorch v fly = only one winner

Hit my toe off the leg of the table :mad:
    Colser + a towel

Pics or gtfo :pac:

Hit my toe off the leg of the table :mad:

Pics or gtfo :pac:

Lol but joking aside there are 2 of us in the room watching the match and the little fcuker is only landing on me..continuously.I've hit him with the towel a few times but he keeps getting back up..fml.

Lol but joking aside there are 2 of us in the room watching the match and the little fcuker is only landing on me..continuously.I've hit him with the towel a few times but he keeps getting back up..fml.

Have you thought it might be a remote control one & your roomie is pranking you?

Lol but joking aside

Gifted isn't around so I said I'd fill in for him :pac: :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Colser.

7ae732590d0f710b3a91cee09f76ce87--simpsons-quotes-the-simpsons.jpg

• Advertisement

Use hair spray on the fly, it'll make its wings heavy and it'll make it very difficult for it to fly. Or open the window and let it out. ;)

Use hair spray on the fly, it'll make its wings heavy and it'll make it very difficult for it to fly. Or open the window and let it out. ;)

I've tried to direct him out but no joy...it's picture no sound here so I know the other person is getting huge satisfaction from the carry on..I'm like the karate kid kicking and hitting but he must have 9 lives the *****x.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

I've tried to direct him out but no joy...it's picture no sound here so I know the other person is getting huge satisfaction from the carry on..I'm like the karate kid kicking and hitting but he must have 9 lives the *****x.

Fly spray...and a lighter.... pretend you're an anti-aircraft battery and the fly is a Jerry bomber!

Fly spray...and a lighter.... pretend you're an anti-aircraft battery and the fly is a Jerry bomber!

I wouldn't spend 2.50 in Centra for fly spray..said I'd wait til I'm in Aldi..😳

Lynx will do the job too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

if you are trying to emulate the karate kid you need a pair of chopsticks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

I wouldn't spend 2.50 in Centra for fly spray..said I'd wait til I'm in Aldi..😳

Hair spray! Even better :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

TA England acting like Big Ern in Kingpin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

People who don't understand the rules of the road.
    Was coming out of naas and got to a roundabout with three exits and two lanes. Popped myself into the left lane to take the second exit. Another driver went into the right lane, then promptly tried to take the second exit at the same time as me and had the cheek to beep at me! Who gives these people licences???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

You would have loved to see me back in the 80s sitting at a bar drinking a pint. Phil Collins In the Air Tonight was playing and there is a dramatic loud drumming piece in it. In a world of my own, I shot out of my skin and drowned myself with my drink :(.

Another TA, forgetting I am holding a drink and waving at someone. I fear for myself at times.

That sounds like something I would do :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Dublin people driving way to fast on narrow country roads at this time of year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When you are taking the full bin liner out of the bin and the bag rips.

I think that's the king of TA's.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    When you are taking the full bin liner out of the bin and the bag rips.

I think that's the king of TA's.
    Cos you been cheaping out on those crappy thin bags BB :p

Cos you been cheaping out on those crappy thin bags BB :p

I buy the premium bin bags, the premium ones from the cheap aisle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Brown bins in this weather , .....................Yuck , just yuck

so, the update. sent laptop in for repair and guy said he has to replace entire keyboard but cannot find the part in any of his usual places. It's only - feck, where they moved numbers to? - 20 months old.

ah enter key workz. So he told me if i turned this laptop upside down i would find a keyboard on the screen and those old keyboards are foruse by all those losers who are stuck in the 1980s and that I should be above those backward plebs hehe. :D I see my writing has improved exponentially since I turjed it upside down, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Stupid flies keep buzzing in the window and disturbing my work.

F*ckin a-holes.

Also, dearest everybody in the world, if you're going to go out and turn on the house alarm, will you f*ckin close the windows before you do? Yes, it's sunny, but there is still a breeze. Every day for the past few weeks there have been alarms going off, and it's not some crime spree the criminals were waiting for a heatwave to commit.

Although I can suddenly hear a police siren.

Hmm.

So, that's annoying too.

Going on my holidays on Saturday and I woke up with a coldsore this morning :(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Going on my holidays on Saturday and I woke up with a coldsore this morning :(:(:(

No kissing for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The MIL....

Girlfriend suffers from anxiety and depression. Like most people that that have the illness, she has her good spells and her bad spells. So you'd think her mother of all people would be cognisant of the situation.

But no. She cannot communicate like a normal person-she shouts back at you when she asks a question. She invades personal space and occasionally interjects into our own business. Now I will say she takes on a lot as she is the matriarchal figure in a large family of siblings, and works in a stressful field, and there is some ongoing legal matters going on that I can't go into, but it all often becomes too much for the GF.

Just too much "mammying" going on really which is annoying as the GF is 30 and no-one chooses to be still living at home at that age.

No kissing for you

Given no member of the opposite sex has so much as glanced in my general direction in approximately a million years (apart from the dinosaur I posted about yesterday), that was never going to be an issue anyway. It's the general misery they cause that has me down. I hate them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement