Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Was walking the dogs in a layby close to a noisy road, its a common spot for local dog walkers.
    We split up and each dog wanted to go to a different half of the grassy area of the front, the dog I was with poo'ed in this area just as a car pulled in.

When the dog was finished, I started to walk towards the other dog as I knew that shouting at the person with that dog that I needed a bag was useless(person had undiagnosed ID and HOH, so between the time it takes for him to process the info, assuming he heard it its faster I walk) the woman from the other car, got in my face as I walked about "leaving dog waste for her kids to eat and get eye and brain diseases'.

She followed me across the park shouting at me about this, even when I pointed out that she had left her kids in a hot car and I would be back with a bag right away and she was welcome to watch me scoop up the poop. One of the kids in her car started to cry and she went to them but kept an eye as I returned with the bag and as I always do, scooped the poop.

Ta, the handful of times I don't have pockets and therefore bags, I get verbally abused! and how somehow I would be responsible for her (1) leaving her kids in a hot car (2) her not keeping a close enough eye that her kids would be out of her control long enough to eat imaginary dog poo (3) being someone verbal whipping boy and not getting paid for it.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Lies, damned lies and the British passport office. My son's application is dragging on months now because of their bull****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Sinusitis that won't feck off mixed with hot weather and pollen. Feels like I should change my name to infinite snot :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

This weather, with the incessant seagull nesting and neighbourhood kids making an almighty racket. Can't get no sleep.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This weather, with the incessant seagull nesting and neighbourhood kids making an almighty racket. Can't get no sleep.

My cat likes to climb out the velux window onto the roof during the night which attracts the seagulls. I've had to break up a few cat V seagulls battles lately.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The room were in is too warm and yer man won't open the windows.

Sinusitis that won't feck off mixed with hot weather and pollen. Feels like I should change my name to infinite snot :(

Or how about Infinite_Fart_Snot :pac:

*gets coat*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

No World Cup today or tomorrow, my only two days off :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

The Quoysh Devil dod ie insurance adverts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Omackeral wrote: »

Evening of emptiness ahead. I may need to actually converse with someone (shudders)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who feel the need to post on-thread saying they've PM-ed the OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Every where I turn lately the next door neighbour is there too. I was so annoyed today I unintentionally said "fcuk me" out loud on my own in the shop when I spotted him :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Worse, Friday & Sat are the last two game days til Christmas 2022

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Worse, Friday & Sat are the last two game days til Christmas 2022

There's more than that! Fri and Sat are the quarter finals. Still have both semi finals (each on a different day 10/11 July), 3rd place play off on 14th and the Final on the 15th. So we've 6 more football days.

Did a VideoDoc consultation earlier and got a prescription for Zovirax tablets. Went to the chemist there to collect them and they were over a hundred quid for a three day supply! Had to leave them there, and now I'm down the 20 quid I wasted on the consultation too :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

There's more than that! Fri and Sat are the quarter finals. Still have both semi finals (each on a different day 10/11 July), 3rd place play off on 14th and the Final on the 15th. So we've 6 more football days.

Yeah, but Saturday is the last day with two games in a row. The saddest day every four years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

You would swear I put the bones in fish the way the OH looks accusingly at me. It is always the same, I give myself the OK piece and he winds up with the one full of bones. FML he would find fish bones in a piece of steak :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

My OH does that to me too!!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The heat. I can handle it normally but not when I am wrecked tired.
    Like now.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Did a VideoDoc consultation earlier and got a prescription for Zovirax tablets. Went to the chemist there to collect them and they were over a hundred quid for a three day supply!Had to leave them there, and now I'm down the 20 quid I wasted on the consultation too :-(

Not sure about that medication but I was quoted @ €97 for something in my local small pharmacy and it was €74 for it in one of the large chain pharmacies. I was shocked at the difference so perhaps shop around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Did a VideoDoc consultation earlier and got a prescription for Zovirax tablets. Went to the chemist there to collect them and they were over a hundred quid for a three day supply! Had to leave them there, and now I'm down the 20 quid I wasted on the consultation too :-(

If you are in Dublin ring Healthwave Pharmacy in Dundrum and ask for a price

https://healthwave.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

"New & Improved" products.

Was it inferior quality beforehand. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

People who want to move to Ireland, doing next to no research on the current climate on the rental market, they ask for an opinion if they should bring their cats or leave them with their mother, I suggested leaving them and explained why and you just get some attitude for it. Yeah fine, come over, bring the beasts but don't cry when you don't find accommodation because I fkn told you so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The rain stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

The rain stopped.

You had rain?? A certain local monument suggested we may be getting some today on it's Facebook page but none so far.... When monuments lie on social media it's a TA for me.... :pac:

TG1 wrote: »
    You had rain?? A certain local monument suggested we may be getting some today on it's Facebook page but none so far.... When monuments lie on social media it's a TA for me.... :pac:

It was glorious :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Our McDonald's was closed for a month and reopened today. The queue for the drive thru is ridiculous!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

few drops of rain an hour ago. ta that it hasn't amounted to anything yet. keep looking out hoping to see a downpour that might kill this intense heat for a while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

The hose pipe ban trivially annoys me because it's a trivial issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Book flights months in advance and then the price comes down

I guess in my head prices only go up but that’s not true at all

I need a rule for myself to never look once my booking is complete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Same as, slight lowering of temperature and my snot factory kicks in.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Offical exam results hit the mat today(an open secret as they had been online before the weekend)
    My friend lost a family member to suicide yesterday and had to deal with his ex over the marital property after driving long distance for this meet.

One of my classmates announced that she isn't coming back next year and told us her alternative plans.

TA, the messages of support coming in on the communal thread are blocking me being able to see message from my friend. I cant check any from him without it looking like I'm ignoring her.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The amount of people moaning about the weather is very TA.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I was up early this morning and my daughter woke up and started following me around.

Me: You should go back to bed, it's early and you can get a few more Z's
    Her: Em, nah. I'm going for a slash then we can have breakfast together.
    Me: Would you ever talk like a lady?
    Her: OK, I'm going for a slash and then can we have breakfast together please?
    Me: Close enough, I'll make the brekkie
    She never showed up for brekkie, my own daughter stood me up.

Ta'd at Some hassle last night with the brother, its never ending.
    Boom_Bap wrote: »

Her: Em, nah. I'm going for a slash then we can have breakfast together.

Ahahahahaha brilliant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

News websites who post a picture of a tweet or letter or whatever and then underneath the picture transcribe the tweet out. I assume this is just lazy journalism to fill up a word count or something. But why the **** would I need a transcription of a tweet that is already typed out? Understandable if it's a hand written letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

That's crazy expensive :eek: Did they not have a generic version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    News websites who post a picture of a tweet or letter or whatever and then underneath the picture transcribe the tweet out. I assume this is just lazy journalism to fill up a word count or something. But why the **** would I need a transcription of a tweet that is already typed out? Understandable if it's a hand written letter.
    I think it's for blind people who use a reader. The reader can't read the tweet. It's the same reason they give a detailed description of someone underneath a picture. "Swishing her blonde locks", "flaunting her bikini bod" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

The fly that was buzzing around my head earlier and woke me up :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

The wet dog smell when it rains after a dry spell.

Or else it’s my manky housemate. Was in Dublin for the weekend showing love for the gays, came back late on Sunday and the washing machine was full. Whoever was next to use it left the clothes on top of the machine. So they’ve been sitting in a pile on the machine for 4 days.
    I asked him today were they his and he goes yea I forgot about them.
    This was after coming down to put on a wash of ONE tshirt, and then put the one tshirt in the dryer, still leaving the pongy pile there.
    How do these people exist?

• Advertisement

The MIL....

Girlfriend suffers from anxiety and depression. Like most people that that have the illness, she has her good spells and her bad spells. So you'd think her mother of all people would be cognisant of the situation.

But no. She cannot communicate like a normal person-she shouts back at you when she asks a question. She invades personal space and occasionally interjects into our own business. Now I will say she takes on a lot as she is the matriarchal figure in a large family of siblings, and works in a stressful field, and there is some ongoing legal matters going on that I can't go into, but it all often becomes too much for the GF.

Just too much "mammying" going on really which is annoying as the GF is 30 and no-one chooses to be still living at home at that age.

Sounds very similar to my other half, also suffers from anxiety & depression and her mother is very inconsiderate and not understanding of it as well.
    Has a younger brother with severe autism and all her siblings have moved out bar her, so a lot of the responsibilities get landed on her, sometimes more unnecessarily than usual (like when mammy feels like going to the pub, there is no argument, she's going whether anyone likes it or not)

GF: "I've had a bad day today I'm not up for going into town"
    Mammy: "Sure how dya think I feel I've been up since all hours! Don't be so selfish"

She is also on a medication that interferes with her appetite

*Sunday Dinner*
    GF: "Not feeling hungry"
    Mammy: "Ah that's a fúckin waste I'm not cooking for you again!"

After all the shenanigans that go on within that household and the amount of work the other half does on her own most of the time, she's told at the end of it "sure you're lazy out you done nuttin all week"

It's really sad. We're currently working on saving for a house and, this woman, god forgive me, is very much in the way of everything. The reason she hasn't moved out yet is she feels persistent guilt over the idea and feels she is needed too much - which is a horrible thing to be feeling when you're 27 years old, sitting with a degree, working on a higher degree and also working in between - she does so much for herself and for her mother and gets nothing for it. "Thank you" is never uttered by her mammy at all, and there have definitely been double-digit occasions where a thank you has absolutely been necessary because without my GF, her mother would get nowhere.

She wants to know where my GF is going to every time she leaves the house, she also wants to know the exact time she is going to be home. We had our "anniversary" meal inside the house one day (we were stuck for money) and throughout the whole ordeal the mother felt it necessary to come in and give out to her for meaningless things that could easily have waited;

"Will you answer that phone?!"
    "You better clean up all that after you're done cooking"

She also came in during our meal and sat with us to talk about "her day" it was very inconsiderate.

Sorry, I didn't mean to steal any thunder off ya -- I just couldn't help but relate a bit.

I walked past a man at lunch, sitting on the benches in front of City Hall, picking at his toenails in full view of the world.

I shouldn't have to tell these animals that that is not appropriate public behaviour!

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I walked past a man at lunch, sitting on the benches in front of City Hall, picking at his toenails in full view of the world.

I shouldn't have to tell these animals that that is not appropriate public behaviour!

It wasn't Frank with his toe knife was it?
    PYhgJiY.gif?noredirect

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Memo to self: NEVER open this thread while you're eating. EVER.

New Home wrote: »
    Memo to self: NEVER open this thread while you're eating. EVER.

UdgKSeG.jpg

I waited until nearly 2pm to post that coz I knew it was lunchtime and people would be eating!! It almost made me vomit seeing him. I retch a bit every time I think of him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    UdgKSeG.jpg

I probably need more professional help than I initially suspected, but that ^^^ doesn't turn my stomach half as much as the toenail posts.

My sister works in the CCPC and they just received a "false advertising" complaint from a woman who wanted to buy one of those monstrous 7,500-litre swimming pools they were supposed to be selling today and was told they had pulled them because of the water crisis.

How fcuking entitled would you have to be??? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Dear China, stop producing so much flimsy, poorly made crap :mad: and stop treating the workers who make it lke crap too :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Dear China, stop producing so much flimsy, poorly made crap :mad: and stop treating the workers who make it lke crap too :mad:

*Typed on Chinese made laptop*

:):)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057888513

This thread is bugging the f***********ck out of me. Some people just haven't got a clue.

MOD: If you don't like the thread, unfollow it. This thread is not a gripe thread for other threads.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement