Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

When I get a coffee and I'm asked do I want chocolate on top? of course I want chocolate on top!

Every time I top up my leap card:

Me: can I put fifty euro on that please

Them: fifty?

Me: yes fifty euro

Them: five zero

Me: yes five zero

Them: ok fifty euro then? (pauses and waits for response)

Me: yep fifty euro!

Finally they top up the card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Recruiters and hiring departments who are all super enthusiastic trying to sell you the role, you go through the process of an interview / code test and then... nothing. How is this acceptable? I had one company who even ignored my follow up email asking for an update. So rude and unprofessional :mad:

I don't mind no response when I just apply to a job. I do mind when I've given up my time to do an interview or a code test and then they ghost me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Last roll of binbags I bought were cheap sh1te ones. You could nearly read the paper through them when a bit stretched.

There seems to be no end to the fookin' thing.

Not stingy, but I am not dumping them for the sake of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The Wimbledon crowd who insist on slow hand clapping every single legitimate challenge regardless of they were right or wrong

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Last roll of binbags I bought were cheap sh1te ones. You could nearly read the paper through them when a bit stretched.

There seems to be no end to the fookin' thing.

Not stingy, but I am not dumping them for the sake of it.

Compromise and use two at a time !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Compromise and use two at a time !

I have been doing that, but it must be a never ending roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Dramatik wrote: »
    When I get a coffee and I'm asked do I want chocolate on top? of course I want chocolate on top!

Every time I top up my leap card:

Me: can I put fifty euro on that please

Them: fifty?

Me: yes fifty euro

Them: five zero

Me: yes five zero

Them: ok fifty euro then? (pauses and waits for response)

Me: yep fifty euro!

Finally they top up the card

Next time say you want to top it up by forty nine-ninety nine ....bet they say straight away..."ah we'll just make it an even 50 "
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Actually I think the guy accidentally put a tenner on my leap card when i asked for a fiver.
    Yay i suppose. I only found out a week later on the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

People waiting for the bus/train who won’t let you off.

If you let people off, there’ll be more room for you to get on. It’s not rocket science.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Nutritional information for unrealistic portion sizes. 30g of Cornflakes barely covers the bottom of a bowl, who would pour that for themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I walked past a man at lunch, sitting on the benches in front of City Hall, picking at his toenails in full view of the world.

I shouldn't have to tell these animals that that is not appropriate public behaviour!

Wasn't me but I have a disgusting issue with my foot that has put me in a rediculous oversized boot, for the past few weeks before I got the boot I have been removing my footwear at every chance I've got drowning my foot in water or rubbing my feet like a pregnant elephant and damn anyone who has seen it, then again most of the time I've kept my socks on and if my feet aren't looked after clean and cooling off Diabeto will take mine coat it in chocolate and eat it, post script related TA I wanna change my username Caligula seems appropriate as I am a fan of irony and this certainly ain't no little boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I buy toilet paper and put in the upstairs and the downstairs toilet. Now that I think of it I buy all the bin bags and detergent and feck it, the bins don't get put out only for me.

My housemates of three months, all of them have never ever once topped up the toilet roll.

Now I didn't give it a second thought and I'm working full time and not gonna stress over a few euro but this is three months and I'm not their mammy!

There is a shop not four minutes walk away. And what did they do the two weeks I was away on holidays :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I buy toilet paper and put in the upstairs and the downstairs toilet. Now that I think of it I buy all the bin bags and detergent and feck it, the bins don't get put out only for me.

My housemates of three months, all of them have never ever once topped up the toilet roll.

Now I didn't give it a second thought and I'm working full time and not gonna stress over a few euro but this is three months and I'm not their mammy!

There is a shop not four minutes walk away. And what did they do the two weeks I was away on holidays :confused:

Keep the toilet roll in your room in future, I bet they'll buy it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Nutritional information for unrealistic portion sizes. 30g of Cornflakes barely covers the bottom of a bowl, who would pour that for themselves

Who eats like a fifth of a packet of crisps?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Keep the toilet roll in your room in future, I bet they'll buy it then.
    Put cheap John Wayne rolls in the wc and keep good rolls in your room for yourself.

Youtube comment section. Humanity at its worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

mikemac2 wrote: »

If I was living there and the toilet roll kept getting topped up magically and the bins kept going out like clockwork, who would I be to mess with the system?! You're enabling them. Knock it on the head!

The merciless heat returns tomorrow!
    1209.gif
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

House is full of spiders because I haven't hoovered in a while, but not one of them seems inclined to catch the fly in the bathroom.
    Since they are here rent free the least they could do is catch one fly for me!

• Advertisement

TG1 wrote: »
    House is full of spiders because I haven't hoovered in a while, but not one of them seems inclined to catch the fly in the bathroom.
    Since they are here rent free the least they could do is catch one fly for me!

And what are these little grey creamy moth like things everywhere this week ? Fat lot of good it did leaving the spiders to their own devices this week

so, the update. sent laptop in for repair and guy said he has to replace entire keyboard but cannot find the part in any of his usual places. It's only - feck, where they moved numbers to? - 20 months old.

ah enter key workz. So he told me if i turned this laptop upside down i would find a keyboard on the screen and those old keyboards are foruse by all those losers who are stuck in the 1980s and that I should be above those backward plebs hehe. :D I see my writing has improved exponentially since I turjed it upside down, too.

I couldn't wait for the letters to come up on the touchscreen keyboard - it was shockingly slow to write on Boards using it - and brought it to a different laptop repair guy to find a replacement keyboard. He said I needed a top case keyboard (20-month-old laptop). He, too, cannot find the part anywhere and said there's no guarantee that one will become available. Why would a huge company like HP not have replacement parts for the computers it makes? So, I bought a wireless Logitech keyboard and have now got a big chunky system in front of me of a laptop and two keyboards. Hate chunky messy superfluous clutter in my work space/life. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I can safely say that I have just met the worlds most stubborn person. It’s a badge of honor amongst stiff competition!

Time for the EU to take on that notoriously dishonest [mis]labelling. And there should be an enormous alert sign on the back of all cereals (except porridge, as far as I can gather) for sugar content. I was eating All Bran for years assuming that because it was so awful it must be good for me. Then I read some lunatic giving out about sugar content in cereals and I checked my All Bran and it had something like 24% sugar. Gutted.

Moreover, I just googled to find out the exact amount of sugar in All Bran and saw 18% and I know that's definitely not what I read on the box I bought in Ireland. A further google and I find this eye-opening article:

New Research Reveals Huge Differences in the Sugar and Salt Content of Global Breakfast Cereal Brands

In it, it says that depending on the country the sugar content of All Bran ranges from 11.6% to 30% across the world. What crazy society is allowing Kelloggs market a supposedly "healthy" cereal with 30% sugar? Similar variations for sugar and salt content with all cereals sold across the world (All Bran in the US has 61% more salt than the All Bran sold in 13 other countries, for instance).

It would be nice if an Irish Minister for Health could ensure the cereals sold here are on the healthier side of all this sugar and salt. EU legislation needed, I'd say, to be able to take on Kelloggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

This bugs me too..if you buy a multi pack of eg Taytos..the bag (and there's always one) that's full of air and fcuk all crisps can't possibly have the same values as the other bags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Colser wrote: »
    This bugs me too..if you buy a multi pack of eg Taytos..the bag (and there's always one) that's full of air and fcuk all crisps can't possibly have the same values as the OT bags.

While we're on the subject, the f*ckin burst bag in the multipack that's no use to anyone.

Grr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I tried two tablespoons of peanut butter in my oats this morning and I think I created the densest material known to man.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Kettle etiquette in work.

Fill the f*cker if you drain it.

I also had someone give out to me because I was filling it to the top when it was just me and them that wanted water from it.
    They stopped giving out and stormed off in a huff when I mentioned there were more than just the 2 of us in the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ruahead

Ta when a car parks in the middle of the kerb in between the frontage of 2 houses ( SEMIDETACHED HOUSES, can't explain but you know what I mean!) there is room for 2 cars if you park properly!!
    Especially when it's infront of my house. I mean I'm not a great parker but I get out and look and re-adjust if necessary!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ruahead

I used to do that( fill while kettle) are you not meant to just boil enough for what you need there and then, uses less energy and next person needs to reboil again anyhow. Depends how soon others will be making their cuppa I suppose.
    I refill when done though but don't boil!!
    :-*

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Compromise and fill it half way?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The kettle is always on the go here. By the time the kettle was boiled, there were 4 people waiting. So it saved them the hassle of having to fill and boil after the 2 of us finished.

I see it as common courtesy to refill when you empty it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If it's constantly being used, I completely agree with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Where’s Ronan Collins??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Whiny peeps with a victim complex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

As the queue for the bus was merging yes, the 'athletically dressed' gentleman from the other side signalled the younger, more stylishly dressed woman in ahead of them, they didn't even see me tho', I was right beside her. I know im old, I just ta at such a robust reminder of it.

I was explaining some directions to a person who a person who lives 5 mins away from the place I was directing them too, first I had to repeat myself, then I 'walk' them through the landmarks and they as per had 'heard' me mention a landmark so far away from the local as to be in the next county. 3 mins of explaining so far and we not even close to where he has to be. Like this with him everytime x 10000.

TA, ppl who don't pay attention to where they are at all and then don't know place names EVER!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Dial Hard wrote: »
    My sister works in the CCPC and they just received a "false advertising" complaint from a woman who wanted to buy one of those monstrous 7,500-litre swimming pools they were supposed to be selling today and was told they had pulled them because of the water crisis.

How fcuking entitled would you have to be??? :mad:

The Lidl ones? Oh, I thought they had sold out. Did they actually pull them from sale instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

This post has been deleted.

Chewbacca wrote: »
    Maroon 5 singing 'Three Little Birds'.

Sh1t song, even worse cover song.

Every fcuking ad break :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Recruiters and hiring departments who are all super enthusiastic trying to sell you the role, you go through the process of an interview / code test and then... nothing. How is this acceptable? I had one company who even ignored my follow up email asking for an update. So rude and unprofessional :mad:

I don't mind no response when I just apply to a job. I do mind when I've given up my time to do an interview or a code test and then they ghost me.

Would you believe I had this experience in 2014... when apartment-hunting. The landlord to be was either a recruitment consultant or some other kind of sales - I can’t quite recall - but did the whole schmoozy “You’re perfect for this apartment, call you tomorrow!” thing. Really selling the apartment to us. Then nothing. Why would you do that for prospective tenants in a rapidly heating up landlord’s market? He had a pick of tenants. Very bizarre. Unless he wanted to keep a stable of potential tenants sweet? He was a muppet.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Every fcuking ad break :mad:
    But I do get the impulse to buy a car every time i hear it.

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    But I do get the impulse to buy a car every time i hear it.

I'd buy one if I could run down Maroon 5 in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

That ad is brutal. It’s the vuvuzuela of 2018. Annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Horseflies! Need I say many more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

_Dara_ wrote:
    The Lidl ones? Oh, I thought they had sold out. Did they actually pull them from sale instead?

Seems they did actually sell them and yer woman's complaint was that she didn't get one.

Today's TA: the fact that Lidl didn't have the civic cop-on to pull them. Their PR person should be hauled over hot coals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I'm working all weekend :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I found a clothes peg on the floor and pegged it to the end of my t shirt for safekeeping, bent over to do something and gouged my bare leg with it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Horseflies! Need I say many more?

I still have a lump gone out of my arm since last weekend

Seven Worlds will Collide

The new Angeles short film . What on earth is it meant to be ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Went to the shopping centre to return clothes and had a strict word with myself that it was in,return and out..boot is full of "bargains" including something I was returning but bought again as it was reduced even more..I'm snowed under with clothes here and yet I have fcuk all to wear.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That car ad with the script......**** me, it must be shown a million times an hour!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement