Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Awake urgh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

A pun on a right wing religious organisation

Ah I thought that's what it was but wasn't sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

We have run out of heating oil. Not the end of the world the house is still comfortably warm BUT the immersion switch isn't working (or I'm using the wrong one - we have a new heating system) and the new electric shower trips the switch out in the meter box if you even attempt to switch it on!!

So it looks like I'll have to wash my hair in cold water over the edge of the bath as it's stuck to my head. Waaah but I really want a shower!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nicebox

1. When talking to someone and they have no side burns at all, just a straight horizontal cut above the ear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

maudgonner wrote: »
    People who shout 'hold the lift!' just as the doors are about to close.

Then you have the panic over which is the 'open doors' button and which is 'close doors', and if it doesn't work you look like a cow.

Just wait for the next lift, you impatient gobshíte!

And equally people who are in front of you in the lift walking in and not holding the door open ! You walk in and get a whack of the closing door and they look on like its a new phenomonen that the door closes

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Guys with big heads sittng in front of me at the cinema

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,500 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The new Vodafone ad thats on every 5 mins does my head in.
    I keep thinking about Peter's real Dad, left out in the cold.

Then you have the panic over which is the 'open doors' button and which is 'close doors', and if it doesn't work you look like a cow.

People who press both the up AND down buttons when waiting for the lift, and then when your upwardly mobile lift stops for them and the door opens, they say 'nah, going down mate' like it's your fault. Bring back the birch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A local politician who is trying to be a "man of the people" who uses French language expressions on his FB page constantly.

I can't figure out if he's unaware he's contradicting his "man of the people" image or that he's just that lacking in cop on.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Sky Sports News. Should be called Sky Soccer News.
    It's 85% - 90% Soccer. Federer has just won the Australian Open, his 20th Grand Slam, and there's about 20 seconds of a report on Sky Sports News.

• Advertisement

nicebox wrote: »
    1. When talking to someone and they have no side burns at all, just a straight horizontal cut above the ear.

Slap Locks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Driving home from a lovely walk just there and came across a cyclist (complete in necessary gear just to emphasise his hobby) leaning against his bike pretty much in the middle of the road taking a selfie. Now the view from that particular spot is nice but he was standing right at a segment of the road where locals tend to coast, and indeed just down from a t-junction where someone turning onto the road may not see him.

It may be somewhat forgivable if the fella in question was some naive young lad thirsty for insta likes. But he was at least 50.

And then people wonder why so many cyclists have bad reps among drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Bad coffee. Went to a lovely place for breakfast in Ranelagh. Top notch food but served with crappy coffee. Big let down.

Plate scrapers.
    At a family do recently, had a lovely meal and a few drinks. Two relatives were finished their dinner, and no exaggeration they scraped every morsel from their plates for about 2 minutes. It got so bad that people on another table were looking over.
    Oh, and neither of them put their hand in their pocket for the whole night.
    Oh, second edit, sorry. I forgot to mention that they were licking their knives. My mother told me, a long time ago, don't ever put a knife in your mouth.

Also, watching someone destroy a Sunday roast type dinner in red sauce. You sick fůck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I just press the close doors button and practice my best 'Oh no, silly me I pressed the wrong button' look

TA Ditherers in all shapes and forms, walking behind them, waiting for them to choose from a menu, pay for bills, decide where to eat... the list is endless. Just make up your mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Think I've forgotten how to talk to Women :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Getting told that my days off for the month of Feb are cancelled, 3 days before I flew off to Thailand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,500 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

And then people wonder why so many cyclists have bad reps among drivers.
    I guess the bad rep might be because the damned cyclists kill three or four people each week on the roads.

Oh no, wait a minute....
    but he was standing right at a segment of the road where locals tend to coast, and indeed just down from a t-junction where someone turning onto the road may not see him.
    Just as a little reminder, we all have a legal obligation to drive in a manner that allows us to stop within the distance we can see to be clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Please, for the love of God, no more cyclists chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Someone ate my portion of dessert :mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

Eye floaters, annoying A.F!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Marje wrote: »
    Someone ate my portion of dessert :mad::(

And they are still alive??? If so, why haven't you killed them, yet??? :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

New Home wrote: »
    And they are still alive??? If so, why haven't you killed them, yet??? :mad::mad::mad:

It's my father.. he thought it was all for him. He's alive for now...:pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's no excuse! Fine, he gave you life, but now he wants your cake? That's a bit much, now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Using the car remote to try and open the front door...of my house! Which I actually did today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Out for dinner with my boyfriend and can’t even hear myself think due to the unnecessarily loud conversation a group of Americans are having 3 tables away.

There are two couples seated in between us and the Americans, and honestly I can’t hear a peep out of them, I can’t even hear my bf across from me because these 4 wagons are literally ROARING at each other as if at separate ends of a football pitch. And don’t even start me on the laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

smurfjed wrote: »
    Getting told that my days off for the month of Feb are cancelled, 3 days before I flew off to Thailand.

Thats NOT trivial...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Losing the thread cause the name's been changed again.

"Sign up for our newsletter" messages that pop up the second you start scrolling down a web page.

Idiots who can't close a door without almost slamming it off its hinges

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Watching grown ass people eating with just a fork like a 2 year old. One elbow on the table while spronging food into their mouths and trying to cut meat with said fork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I had a bizarre dream last night were I was trapped on a space station with a Hulk version of a xenomorph which was both as awesome and terrifying as it sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I still can't open the sodding stoopid ar$ing Bottle of Vick C.S. :mad::( I'm actually half-thinking of going Nextdoor to crying-Toddler house to ask them to open it! That's how much I suck at life! :o:pac:

My head has started hurting when I cough. :(

And I can never find this Godforsaken Thread! It takes about 6 minutes out of my life every time I go looking for it! I keep going on till about 6 or 7 Pages and then I'm like ah now it's never that far away is it and I have to go back and back and back and back, and then I have to stop what I'm doing to try and remember has the Title been changed recently or what is it currently called! Serious First World Problems right there..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wrestling with supposedly easy to open packs of bacon or jars is also getting on my norbs. I can only wonder how the elderly or infirm don't starve.

Running out of money so quickly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

That Jaguar 'Drive Like Everyone’s Watching' ad on newstalk, prime example of utter cringe inducing marketing ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Got some bad news today and can't sleep because I'm thinking about it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

4Ad wrote: »
    smurfjed wrote: »

Thats NOT trivial...

Actually in my world, it’s trivial, Thailand will be there again next month if we decide to go.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got some bad news today and can't sleep because I'm thinking about it :(

Sorry to hear that, hope you're ok

*hugs*

Anxious and have to be up early tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Tui. Think I'll start calling it Twee. Twee just p1ss off okay please? P1ss right off.

Throat Spray appears to have downsized from the decent-sized-looking standard kinda Drum. It's now the size of a fart.

Airtricity PAYG. I have to go outside in the cold to check my balance or see if I need to top up. Methods online or by Phone to check this would be superb. There might be an App idea there for the taking. Credit goes to moi please and t.i.a. :pac:

Also. Inhalers. In all my years of using them, it's so difficult to get passed my Tongue! :P:rolleyes::( Difficult proving in-effective so zero help to my wheezing that it might help with effective use like. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Grrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Lost my bloody phone, tore the house apart looking for it...may have lost it while out walking yesterday...nuts!

Getting off the train this morning bitch nearly knocked me down running past me. No Running! I said- she turned back - a bit shocked and flustered and said... eh mind your business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Today. Today. Today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

People opening the upstairs windows on a bus. It's fecking freezing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

And now there's a guy on the bus listening to starship, nothings going to stop us now. His headphones are bleeding sound so much that I can hear him across the aisle and three seats back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

My bus was 45 minutes late, making me 30 minutes late for work. Got in the door to work, went to pick up a file on my desk and somehow broke a nail.
    I'm so over this day already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

So so broke. Who the fvuck decided that January should be 8 weeks long - I need paying now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Stripped the bed and put everything in the machine only to realise I forgot the under sheet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Just been told I need a new boiler.
    Arses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Lost my bloody phone, tore the house apart looking for it...may have lost it while out walking yesterday...nuts!

If you need someone to call it or anything, give me a shout.

Also, find my phone Android: https://www.google.com/android/find

And iPhone: https://www.icloud.com/#find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Some bizarre pukey virus that decided to visit me at an ungodly hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Getting off the train this morning bitch nearly knocked me down running past me. No Running! I said- she turned back - a bit shocked and flustered and said... eh mind your business.

I don't blame her. Yis aren't in school, like.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Why has maccie D's so many calories :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement