Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

LXFlyer wrote: »
    The X8 on the Expressway Page.

It’s the first on your list in the post above!

Click on the expressway link in my post above, scroll down and there is a link to the full X8 timetable in pdf format.

Ah, it only says Dublin to Cork so I didn't click it. When you go in there's a button in the top right saying "Change Route Direction" (Last bus was at 6pm anyway it seems). Bus Éireann need to simplify the whole search so only the relevant journey comes up, rather than 18 journeys (9 x 2 ways).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ah, it only says Dublin to Cork so I didn't click it. When you go in there's a button in the top right saying "Change Route Direction" (Last bus was at 6pm anyway it seems). Bus Éireann need to simplify the whole search so only the relevant journey comes up, rather than 18 journeys (9 x 2 ways).

Forget Bus Eireann, if you can use air coach!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Forget Bus Eireann, if you can use air coach!

Bus Eireann
    GoBe
    Aircoach.
    Plenty of good options going Dublin to Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

TA that I can’t drink a bottle of water without my dog crying at my feet waiting for me to finish so he can play with the bottle.
    TA that I was shooing a fly away with my phone in my hand and my phone went crash bang wallop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

That Bus Eireann one is a disaster alright, put in a journey for tomorrow, return the next day and shows one that departed half an hour ago

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The absolute scutter on TV these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Bus reann website. Just checked it for first time in about 15 years and it, amazingly, is just as profoundly awful an experience as it was in the late 1990s and in precisely the same way.

I want to know the bus times. I do not want to jump through all your thick-as-pigsh "You must choose a ticket" hardsell. Then, when I key in the To and From I get every fúcking route which has either of those places. My God, who is this arsehole web designer?

No, I just want the route I chose; why do you ask us to put in a To and From placename if you throw all these superfluous timetables at us anyway? A simple fúcking bus timetable. Complete arseholes who are at least 20 years of not giving a fúck about the tons of negative feedback.

The journey planner is a load of old sh1te alright, Iarnod Eireann is a terrible website too, if you put the info you have into Getting There.ie, they will break it down and give you the direct answer rather than a phuckload of routes.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

The journey planner is a load of old sh1te alright, Iarnod Eireann is a terrible website too, if you put the info you have into Getting There.ie, they will break it down and give you the direct answer rather than a phuckload of routes.

I find google maps directions good for public transport too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I have a thorn in my foot for the last few weeks, tried to get it out, but no joy. I finally made an appointment with the GP, and asked the local pharmacist what I should expect he would do. "Inject the foot with local anaesthetic, then dig it out". Fecking terrified now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

TA that I thought I was feeling much better today, only to be lying here awake at 4.30 with a horribly swollen throat and no sign of sleep.

I’m also suddenly starving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

nermal15 wrote: »
    TA that I thought I was feeling much better today, only to be lying here awake at 4.30 with a horribly swollen throat and no sign of sleep.

I’m also suddenly starving.

Are you eating as normal even though you're sick? I always find when I'm sick that food and eating is the last thing on my mind and then, all of a sudden I'm starving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

When you stub your toe or otherwise cause great pain to yourself and the other half proceeds to interview you on what happened. This is especially annoying when it’s blatantly obvious that I banged an appendage off something and that I’m not in a position to answer a series of questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

madmaggie wrote: »
    I have a thorn in my foot for the last few weeks, tried to get it out, but no joy. I finally made an appointment with the GP, and asked the local pharmacist what I should expect he would do. "Inject the foot with local anaesthetic, then dig it out". Fecking terrified now.

Dont fret the GP will use numbing cream maybe and not need to inject at all .Ask him if thats possible .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Girls who glare expectedly at random guys on the DART expecting to be offered a seat. You have a mouth. Use it.

and if you are not pregnant or infirm then FO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

I have shingles.

I am 32, in good health, living in the 21st century, and I have motherf*cking shingles. I think I'd have been less disgusted if the doctor had told me it was leprosy!

I'm now being treated like an absolute pariah by my family and housemates etc. :( Even though it's not REALLY contagious to any of them ... it just sounds gross.

Shingles FFS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

It's not scurvy or ricketts!, shingles is just an adult form of measles...it's common as anything... although I've never had it you diseased animal :D

It's not scurvy or ricketts!, shingles is just an adult form of measles...it's common as anything... although I've never had it you diseased animal :D

Its a form of chicken pox caused by the dormant varicella virus in someone who already had chicken pox

(Only contagious if exposed and the other person never had chicken pox )

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Its a form of chicken pox caused by the dormant varicella virus in someone who already had chicken pox

(Only contagious if exposed and the other person never had chicken pox )

Knew it was some adult form of a childhood disease, I bow to your greater knowledge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

erica74 wrote: »
    Are you eating as normal even though you're sick? I always find when I'm sick that food and eating is the last thing on my mind and then, all of a sudden I'm starving.

You could be on to something! Haven’t had much of an appetite the past few days, I must say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

I have shingles.

I am 32, in good health, living in the 21st century, and I have motherf*cking shingles. I think I'd have been less disgusted if the doctor had told me it was leprosy!

I'm now being treated like an absolute pariah by my family and housemates etc. :( Even though it's not REALLY contagious to any of them ... it just sounds gross.

Shingles FFS!

Console yourself that the younger you are the less debilitating the effects. I had them in my mid 20's and didn't even miss work. As I recall it, the only discomfort was if I got sweaty armpits it stung like hell so my sympathy on the warm weather!

I also had to ring the doctor because of the amount of fellas having a panic attack that I was Thyphoid Mary and he just laughed. You'll be over it in a week, no worries, and you are clear for life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Deise Vu wrote: »
    Console yourself that the younger you are the less debilitating the effects. I had them in my mid 20's and didn't even miss work. As I recall it, the only discomfort was if I got sweaty armpits it stung like hell so my sympathy on the warm weather!

I also had to ring the doctor because of the amount of fellas having a panic attack that I was Thyphoid Mary and he just laughed. You'll be over it in a week, no worries, and you are clear for life.

Not quite, it can come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

A murder of crows fly around my estate and back garden at the same hour every single morning and caw extremely loudly as if they were fully aware they were waking me up at half 7 when I'm off work. What makes it worse is that my next door neighbour thought it was a great f*cking idea to have bird food out, in a cage, for them to pick at, prolonging their stay.

I bloody hate crows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

New Home wrote: »

Very, very low odds though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I know a few people who had recurrences of shingles, so just in my own experience, not that low.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Girls who glare expectedly at random guys on the DART expecting to be offered a seat. You have a mouth. Use it.

and if you are not pregnant or infirm then FO.
    That reminnds me of the old Tony Hancock show when a woman got on a full bus and said to him 'if you were any kind of gentleman you'd offer me your seat' he replied 'not on your nelly, you wanted equality, well now you've got it' :D

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I'm sorry I’m with Mrs Tin here, did you lay claim to it this morning and tell her, or did you decide for yourself during the day? She may have been looking forward to it all day too! All's fair in love and choc ices :pac:
    giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Don’t think it is, my brother had chickenpox as a child and has had shingles twice.

Getting dirty looks for drinking milk out of a water bottle on a bus.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rob wotton sky sports news.

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I'm sorry I’m with Mrs Tin here, did you lay claim to it this morning and tell her, or did you decide for yourself during the day? She may have been looking forward to it all day too! All's fair in love and choc ices :pac:

Gwan poochie ! You tell him :pac: :D

• Advertisement

Naomi Campbell and Kate Moss; did you ever see a more miserable pair of pusses in your puff?
    TA'd that thay get paid gazillions to stand around looking pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

People who can't spell. Especially when giving titles to youtube uploads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I have shingles.

Shingles FFS!

I had them 3 years ago at 28. I couldn’t believe it, no idea where it came from. Just 3 big red spots on my lower back. My family were disgusted saying it’s an old dear’s disease. I’d never heard of anyone my age getting shingles.
    The doctor said if they come back within 3 months it might be cause for concern. She also told me her daughter who is my age had them too which gave some comfort. If they don’t reappear soon after, you’re grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I have shingles.

Shingles FFS!

I'm so sorry! My stepfather in his late 40s just had shingles and it completely fcuked him over for 3 months, he was in so much pain.
    I hope you're getting well soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Why does 'ain't got time to fix the shingles, ain't got time to fix the floor' keep running in my head - apologies to the suffers and get well soon.

Seven Worlds will Collide

I had them 3 years ago at 28. I couldn’t believe it, no idea where it came from. Just 3 big red spots on my lower back. My family were disgusted saying it’s an old dear’s disease. I’d never heard of anyone my age getting shingles.
    The doctor said if they come back within 3 months it might be cause for concern. She also told me her daughter who is my age had them too which gave some comfort. If they don’t reappear soon after, you’re grand.

My daughter had chicken pox twice as a young toddler and at age 10 got shingles . GP was amazed but yes they were shingles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    My daughter had chicken pox twice as a young toddler and at age 10 got shingles . GP was amazed but yes they were shingles

:( my daughter ended up in hospital when she was 6 months old due to complications from the chicken pox. The nurses all said “at least chicken pox is done for her now”.
    I didn’t know you could get it more than once :(

:( my daughter ended up in hospital when she was 6 months old due to complications from the chicken pox. The nurses all said “at least chicken pox is done for her now”.
    I didn’t know you could get it more than once :(

Her first dose was only a few spots and the GP said it probably was so mild that her immune system didnt kick in . Her second dose was much more extensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I had shingles once. The pain was something to behold.
    It’s a type of herpes apparently?

Herpes Zoster.

New Home wrote: »

Indeed, my brother in law has had it 3 times :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

For the first time in weeks, I need to wear a jacket and trousers instead of t-shirt and shorts. I feel like I'm leaving the house wrapped in a duvet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Flies.

Enough said .

Sticky fly paper,,

Ugly things but I think the smell of it is scaring the flies away !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Sticky fly paper,,

Ugly things but I think the smell of it is scaring the flies away !

The fly spray smells much better than it used to but it doesn't seem to be as effective...I'm constantly spraying it because I absolutely hate the little f***ers...I've put everything in the cupboard including dish cloth and t-towel..can't even put down a cup because they're on it like a shot..next will be the wazzies..roll on Winter 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I had to park in a different spot today and I keep looking out thinking my car has been stolen

A murder of crows fly around my estate and back garden at the same hour every single morning and caw extremely loudly as if they were fully aware they were waking me up at half 7 when I'm off work. What makes it worse is that my next door neighbour thought it was a great f*cking idea to have bird food out, in a cage, for them to pick at, prolonging their stay.

I bloody hate crows!

A murder of crows, even that name sounds mean.

My sister bought me an electric fly zapper on amazon. It's the best present I've ever received. I hate flies. You plug it in, they're attracted to the light, they die, you're happy. I highly recommend one. It only makes noise when it's actually killing something and it's literally just a sharp kind of snap noise and then done.

Is this real life? Bikes were removed because 2 people from England were having lunch nearby?

Screenshot_20180711_175738_The_Journalie.jpg

erica74 wrote: »
    A murder of crows, even that name sounds mean.

My sister bought me an electric fly zapper on amazon. It's the best present I've ever received. I hate flies. You plug it in, they're attracted to the light, they die, you're happy. I highly recommend one. It only makes noise when it's actually killing something and it's literally just a sharp kind of snap noise and then done.

Do you have to clean it out though o_o?

Do you have to clean it out though o_o?

Yes, and it ain't pleasant but it's worth it. I really hate flies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

auto-play videos

I come to your newspaper website to read the article and not get hit with these annoying things on every page. And I can't listen to them in work anyway, that's why I read

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Feeling sorry for myself. Have a bad infection, my toilet is broken and keeps flushing water and my bulbs keep blowing so I'm working in the dark as I am too weak to get to the shops to buy another one.
    My neighbours have a karaoke machine and a ping pong table and it's chaos listening to Asian broken English versions of Taylor Swift hits.
    All in all, not having a good day.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement